Toby Gerhart

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Props to Rivals. I'm shocked but I have to give credit where credit is due. They even mentioned Jacob Hester. Let's hope they can give some of these white high school running backs more praise in the coming years.

backrow

Hall of Famer
haha, draftdaddy.com is on the case, already linked this article as:

Stanford tailback Toby Gerhart talks about how hard it's been to overcome racial sterotypes.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Perhaps the Castean Clowns/Traitors that be will be like the boxing promoters of the 70s and 80s and embrace a white hope that plays tailback. And unlike the white fighters of those decades, Toby will not fail and show the copy cat league how they f..ked over three generations of white players, due to some misguided theories and agendas.

I was just thinking of some unintended consequences of Toby Gerhart succeeding this year. Is it possible that the positive press and Heisman hype Gerhart will get could be twisted by the anti-white crowd, claiming that he's getting it because he's white? I mean, after all he's white, so how could he be the best running back? Actually, I know the answer. There WILL be some of this commentary, in your NAACP type magazines and websites. I'm just worried if this will become a topic, and if it did could it benefit us? Would people who claimed Gerhart getting special treatment be called out for being idiots if they brought it up in a national forum? Or would their complaints be greeted with dignity?

I'm thinking that if they did this, it would look like sour grapes. Even your traditional caste people, save the hardcore types like Tony Kornheiser, would say the obvious and say "look, this guy is obviously the best, and deserves the award."

What does everyone else think?

Westside

Hall of Famer
ES just think "Stats Don't Lie!" If he doesn't get injuried and puts up monster stats then come draft time, we'll see a moment of truth.

Pollyanna

Guru
Westside said:
ES just think "Stats Don't Lie!" If he doesn't get injuried and puts up monster stats then come draft time, we'll see a moment of truth.

I don't think this formula worked for Mike Hass
smiley6.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
Do you guys think Stanford will beat Oregon State on Saturday?

It won't be easy, but I believe Stanford will win.

Pollyanna

Guru
Colonel_Reb said:
green fire317 said:
Do you guys think Stanford will beat Oregon State on Saturday?

It won't be easy, but I believe Stanford will win.

It's going to be a good game, Quiz vs Toby. Small, quick back against Big, powerful, fast back. We are Oregonians and usually root for Oregon State, but in this game there's too much on the line and must root for Stanford, and especially Gerhart to have a great game!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah Pollyanna but Michael Hass did not win the Heisman nor did he play the position where the caste system revolves around. Go Toby, Saturday and the following weekends will be important in putting a crack that is the cement of Caste.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Yeah Pollyanna but Michael Hass did not win the Heisman nor did he play the position where the caste system revolves around. Go Toby, Saturday and the following weekends will be important in putting a crack that is the cement of Caste.

I don't think Toby winning the Heisman was part of your argument, Westside. It was Toby not getting injured and putting up monster stats. While discrimination against whites isn't quite as strong at WR as RB, it is still very strong. What is happening to Matt Jones being the perfect example. Mike Hass won the Biletnikoff award as the best WR in 2005 and has not played a down of regular season football in the NFL. That discrimination trumps what happened to Brian Leonard, Jacob Hester and Peyton Hillis over the last three seasons. David Ball hasn't played a down of NFL ball either, despite besting Jerry Rice's receiving record.

The caste system doesn't revolve around any one position but is focused around several key positions as part of a larger effort to purge whites from the game at all positions. I think the best argument for a single position could be made for CB over any other, as there is just one white CB listed in the entire league's rosters right now, Steve Gregory, with the Chargers. Having one white CB who actually plays is a big improvement over the last several years. We've seen numerous whites start at RB since Jason Sehorn retired in 2002.

Having said all that, I have no faith at all that Toby will be treated fairly by the NFL and I don't expect to see him getting a lot of carries over the next three years. I do hope that these things will happen, of course, but I've learned not to expect anything from the league. That way, I'm not as easily disappointed.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The only way we are going to get more white rb, cb, and wr in the league is to have more major colleges recruit them and start them. We only have several starting rb's in major colleges. We can't expect a few guys like Gerhart, Sharp, and Martinek to make an impact in the NFL. Once we have 20 starting white runningbacks in college then we will see a change.

Westside

Hall of Famer
No, Toby in addition to playing TB and winning the Heisman is a strong argument that the Caste system exists to the DWFs if he is not in the top 5 players picked in the next draft. He gets the Heisman by putting up monster stats. One can not happen without the other.

I think TB is one position that is scrutinized the most with CB a close second. Of course the caste system engulfs the entire league, but my point is if, Toby say puts up close to 1500 yds and wins the Heisman, then is not selected in the top first ten picks of the draft, even the DWFs and some in the media will question WTF is going on. I pray that he does and also hope some white GM, Owner or Headcoach will have some sembalance of white solidarity and pride and install him as a feature back. Quite simple asertion that I am making now.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Oh, and if he selected in the top of the first round, say no. 5. I am pretty sure a team will not waste at least 20 million on someone to play a WSTD! Doing that would just expose the caste system and not make good business sense. I believe if Toby continues to excell and wins the Heisman things will be coming to a head regarding the discrimination against whites.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Right now he is the best back in college football. I don't have any faith that any team in the NFL would allow him to be anything more than a team's second back. This means that a black would have to get injured before he gets some starts just like Leonard and Hillis.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33 where is the hope? Better yet where is Pollyanna when we need him!!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Westside, I agree that RB is the most scrutinized position, but it still has more white representation than CB does. I'll say right now that no matter what Toby does this season he won't win the Heisman. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I will be. The best we can hope for is that Toby makes it to New York, where he can get more exposure. That's the main problem I see with your argument, Westside, that being Toby not having enough exposure. Very few of Stanford's games are on TV this year, although some big ones will be on national TV in November. Too many people still have no clue who Toby is. The fact that Toby is a white RB will probably preclude him from being picked early in the first round. The mainstream media won't question it. A few DWFs might wake up, but it won't cause a mass awakening, even if he gets drafted after the 3rd round.

I have the same hopes for Toby getting significant carries, but I'm not counting on it at all. You set yourself up for a let down if you have faith in fair treatment of any white player by the NFL.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
LOL. One of my fears is that they move him to fullback. We have seen this done to white runningbacks who have dominated in college over and over. Backrow mentioned that he never played the position so maybe that isn't a worry. The Broncos saw what Hillis could do and they went out and drafted an overrated Moreno. Instead of allowing Hillis to get his carries and dominate they let this guy run the ball who is slower than Peyton.

Hass got screwed supposedly because of his spead but in but the 2005 season he averaged 17 yards per catch which proves he can run. He may not be a burner but he would probably put up better numbers than Chrebet if given a chance.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Col Reb, with due respect, I have hope and Toby has the ability. I think all of us have hope on this site. If we didn't we would be grumpy old white men and should just crawl under a rock. No, I am an eternal optimist. I remember back in the fall of 2007 when Kelly Pavlik faced then PFP elite fighter Jermaine Taylor. I was telling my friends and co workers that Kelly had a chance to win. Most thought I was dillusional. What happened that night? Kelly KOs Taylor in dramatic fashion in one of the best middleweight fights of all time. So don't lay this "set yourself up for a let down" line on me. I am not buying it. I have hope that right will win in the end. Always have and always will.

Westside said:
Col Reb, with due respect, I have hope and Toby has the ability. I think all of us have hope on this site. If we didn't we would be grumpy old white men and should just crawl under a rock. No, I am an eternal optimist. I remember back in the fall of 2007 when Kelly Pavlik faced then PFP elite fighter Jermaine Taylor. I was telling my friends and co workers that Kelly had a chance to win. Most thought I was dillusional. What happened that night? Kelly KOs Taylor in dramatic fashion in one of the best middleweight fights of all time. So don't lay this "set yourself up for a let down" line on me. I am not buying it. I have hope that right will win in the end. Always have and always will.

Westside, I agree with you. Things are looking very good for Toby right now. Until and if things change, I will look at his situation optimistically. My worry is not that he will be swept under the rug, but that his success and the ensuing hype will be looked at as "racism," in a sick twisted distortion of reality. Only when negative things have actually happened should we point those out. Each situation is new, and Gerhart is not Hass, Hillis, Leonard, or Hester. Yes, each and every one of those guys should have gotten a real shot. But you never know when the one time it will truly happen.

Let's hope he does well, at the very least lets just just be neutral about his prospects, not predicting his demise.

Westside

Hall of Famer
ES just voted thanks!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm not saying "don't be an optimist" I'm saying don't have any faith in the system Toby has to deal with. I know Toby has the ability. I first turned this site on to him back on September 14, 2005, and have been watching him and rooting for him ever since. Toby's ability, as shown countless times in the past, is not the most important factor. The most important factor is that Toby is a white RB. Because he is a white RB, he will be treated differently by the anti-white forces in the NFL. Like y'all, I hope he receives fair treatment and gets a shot at running the ball. I'm not going to count on it though.

The boxing analogy doesn't work because boxing, much more so than football, centers around individual achievement. Pavlik kicked
smiley8.gif
and took names and won a title because the system isn't as controlling like the NFL is to a white RB. The NFL has tons of players to put Toby behind on a depth chart, no matter his skill. They have the media to tell us how Toby is really an inferior athlete. Now, if Pavlik had gone 60-0 and didn't receive a title shot, you could use him as an example. We all know that would never happen because boxing doesn't work that way. The reality is that boxing can't be used in that way to describe what is happening to a football player. Its totally different.

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer