Steve Nash

PitBull

Guru
Amare Stoudemire needs Nash a lot more than Nash needs him. When
Stoudemire was injured a couple of years back, the Steve Nash show just
kept on rollin'. That must be why Stoudemire is a two-time, back-to-back
MVP, and not Nash. Oops, I got that backwards!

How exciting the NBA all star game is, or any all-star game, for that matter.
Yawn! I think the point was that he should receive more recognition for
being the best point guard in the league, and one of the best ever. But since
he is hyped so little by the press, which tends to focus on the black stars,
rather ignorant fans don't give him his due. I'm glad the sportswriters do.
But then again, they seem to be a bit more informed.

Warnipple

Colonel_Reb said:
It just means the all-star is a pro-black media sponsored popularity contest. It often doesn't amount to JACK SQUAT in terms of how good a player really is.

As evidenced by the fact that Shaq (whom I like) has been selected as a starter, when in fact not only has he been a shell of his former self for 3 years now, he's been injured for most of this one!

BTW, as a side note, I lived in Atlanta a few years ago when the All-Star game was held there, and I made the huge mistake of going into the city that day. I'm still recovering.

Bart

Hall of Famer
FSU Seminoles said:
...the fans would prefer to see Kobe and Tracy jumping over people, and throwing it down... The All-Star game is about dunks and excitement.. not backdoors

You shouldn't use terms like - throwing it down - and - backdoors - in the sameparagraph with Kobe Bryant'sname.Histrial wasn't that long ago.

JD074

Master
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
Good one, Bart!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nash is playing lights out and the Suns are tied for the 7th longest NBA win streak ever with 17. Three more in a row and they'll be tied for the second longest, behind only the Lakers' amazing 33 game win streak in '71-'72.

The Suns previously had a 15 game winning streak this season. I'm actually getting the urge to watch some regular season NBA games (featuring the Suns of course).
smiley36.gif
Go Nash, he may go down as one of the very best ever if he can keepplaying like this fora few more seasons. Too bad he was given the "white treatment" early on and wasn't made a full-time starter until his fifth season.

GWTJ

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
 Go Nash, he may go down as one of the very best ever if he can keep playing like this for a few more seasons.  Too bad he was given the "white treatment" early on and wasn't made a full-time starter until his fifth season.

Too bad the fans don't have enough sense to vote him in as a starter in the All-Star game.

To be honest, what's happening in the NBA right now is one of the most disgraceful, anti-white displays by the fans. Ten black starters in the All-Star game despite the two best players in the league being white. But I still check out a Suns game when I get a chance. Of course, the pathetic Cavaliers get more games on TV than the Suns do.
smiley18.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I hope the snub of Nash leads to the NB re-thinking it's idiotic "Fans pick the starters." That would be the only good to come from this.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the sheeple will always be stupid enough to swallow whatever fodder the mainstream media heaps into the trough. that's why sites like this one are so important... to get the truth out there, and maybe open up some eyes and minds.

in the game of basketball you get exactly ZERO points for jumping high. sure it's cool to see, but a guy has to be able to put the ball through the basket for it to mean anything on the court. Nash and Nowitzki prove that winning ballgames isn't all about your vertical.

to see the hands-down two best NBA players not starting in the "All-Star" game is a joke.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I've been listening to talk show goofs speaking about Steve Nash. Yes, he can be considered as the MVP, but he certainly is not the BEST player. Then they'll rattle off a bunch of affletes who are better than he is. One clown said that Nash wasn't even the best player on his team, it was Stoudamire. What the hell!? Is it against the law in this backasswards country to admit that a white guy is the best at anything?

Even in discussions with family members it 's the same ol' thing. Manning or Brady may be the best qb's but they are not the best players. Urlacher is not, never has been, or will ever be the best player. Nash and Nowitzke are okay, but they are not great. Federer is only considered great because not enough blacks play tennis. The white boxers suck -all of them-in every division. MMA doesn't have enough true affletes. On and on.

Realgeorge

Mentor
Steve Nash is as dominant and superior to the rest of the NBA as was Peter Maravich, Bob Cousy and Larry Bird

hedgehog

Mentor
During the Suns recent win streak I was watching ESPN highlights and while the highlights were playing the ESPN guy says "and leading the Suns to another victory, who other than Stoudamire"

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
KJV1 said:
During the Suns recent win streak I was watching ESPN highlights and while the highlights were playing the ESPN guy says "and leading the Suns to another victory, who other than Stoudamire"

They really don't want Nash to win another MVP.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Watching Nash right now on the local SLC station that shows most Jazz games. Both announcers are really talking Nash up. I sure hope he wins MVP again. The Utah media really is different when it comes to the treatment of white players. Its a nice change from the Deep South Caste System Media that is so bad it is honestly nauseating.

jcolec02

Mentor
I was suprised to hear Bill Walton say during a telecast that Steve Nash was BY FAR the best player in the league...then he said it again!!!
smiley17.gif

Walton always praises Nash with a few caveats or left handed compliments to the effect that Nash is the best NBA player despite being short, slow and not able to jump. To me that is overstating his lackings. He may not be a track star but no way is he slow and he's 6'3" which is a few inches taller than a lot of small quick guards like Iverson, Jason Williams, and the retired great Stockton just for a few examples. He may not be a spud web jumper but he can get up off his feet adequately. I don't think a black point guard of a similar effectiveness would get the same left handed compliments.

Nash is like a slightly better Stockton. He's taller and he is a better pure shooter. Stockton's defense may have been a tad better. It is sick how the majority of fan voters who happen to be white are so brainwashed to be so hating of their own race that they snub Nash and Dirk in the voting.

whiteCB

Master
Sean Carlisle said:
W

Nash is like a slightly better Stockton. He's taller and he is a better pure shooter. Stockton's defense may have been a tad better. It is sick how the majority of fan voters who happen to be white are so brainwashed to be so hating of their own race that they snub Nash and Dirk in the voting.

Fan voters are brainwashed by the never ending shoe commercials McGrady, Kobe, Wade, and LeBron are in. It's all about publicity and Nash and Dirk, being white, aren't seen by marketing "experts" to be "cool enough" to be in commercials. It's a shame to tell you the truth.

The lack of pub for guys like Dirk and Nash is purely racial or what they call reverse racism (as if racism is inherently white to black) because they can't stereotype either of these guys as a clean cut dull white guy.
Nash always had the long hair Canadian spin with the California beach thing going for him from Santa Clara. He is artsy which the lib media loves. Dirk has that long hair and the German accent thing going almost like a club thing chicks dig.
I don't think anything is wrong with the nerdy clean cut white star but the media does not think it sells. Novitski and Nash don't even fit that stereo type but are still overlooked for no other reason than the race they happen to be a part of. They come accross more like quirky foreign tennis stars and that is fine and "cool" for the media when it comes to giving endorsements to tennis guys but oh I guess they feel compelled to concede that by default. Thank God they don't have a male tennis "savior" at least. I digress.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Steve went out of the game with a shoulder injury tonight. I hope he doesn't miss any games with it. Nash played 7 minutes but still had 7 assists (team high), plus 3 rebounds and 9 points. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Bart

Hall of Famer
FromYahoo: Nash has missed four games since shoulder inflammation kept him out of the second half of a 113-108 victory at Denver on Feb. 5. Without Nash directing the league's most potent offense, the Suns have dropped three straight games and slipped 4 1/2 games behind Dallas in the race for the Western Conference's top playoff seed.

Over the past three seasons, the Suns are 151-49 when Nash plays and 4-12 when he doesn't, including 2-4 this season.

KG2422

Mentor
Sean Carlisle said:
Walton always praises Nash with a few caveats or left handed compliments to the effect that Nash is the best NBA player despite being short, slow and not able to jump. To me that is overstating his lackings. He may not be a track star but no way is he slow and he's 6'3" which is a few inches taller than a lot of small quick guards like Iverson, Jason Williams, and the retired great Stockton just for a few examples. He may not be a spud web jumper but he can get up off his feet adequately. I don't think a black point guard of a similar effectiveness would get the same left handed compliments.

For what it's worth I think Stockton was just as great as Nash. But I think both are great. Stockton was so consistent for so long. All time steals leader. All time assists. Nash turns the ball over more often as well. But they play a different style of basketball. Stockton ran Utah's offense superbly. Nash is the Sun's offense.