Steve Nash

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Steve Nash is also the first player since Michael Jordan back in 1989 to have two 40 point,12 assist games in the same month!That is just incredible!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another great game for Nash with 35 points and 12 assists in the win over the Pistons.
smiley32.gif

pt.guard2

Guru
FYI.....Here is an article quoting Scott Skiles (himself a former point guard) calling Steve Nash the greatest player in the world....

--------------------------------------------------
Bulls' Skiles part of Nash fan club
Bulls' coach says no other player close to NBA's 2-time MVP

By K.C. Johnson
Tribune staff reporter

January 1, 2007, 9:30 PM CST

The offensive juggernaut that Steve Nash will lead into the United Center on Tuesday night is a wondrous machine, dazzling in both its execution and efficiency.

Given that Phoenix is not only leading the NBA with 111.1 points per game but also first with a .495 field-goal percentage, the system clearly is working.

"Nash is the system," Bulls coach Scott Skiles said. "I don't mean to shortchange anybody else or anything. But he's the best basketball player on the face of the Earth. I don't think it's even close.

"He can shoot the ball. He can go right or left. He can finish right or left. He has a middle game. He has the best vision in the league. He's probably the best-conditioned player in the league."

Is that all? Actually, no.

"People may say he's not athletic," Skiles continued. "What they should say is he's not a great leaper. But everything else athletically he does well. He moves well laterally. He's fast. He has great hand-eye coordination. He pivots on either foot. He has no real offensive weakness. And he is responsible for a style of play. Not many guys are that good."

And not many guys create so many matchup problems. The Bulls' problems could be magnified if guard Kirk Hinrich misses his second straight game with a strained left groin.

Hinrich didn't practice Monday, although he did ride a stationary bicycle and underwent several hours of treatment. His status will be determined following Tuesday's morning shootaround.

"He was feeling noticeably better," Skiles said.

Few teams feel that way after facing Phoenix.

"They can demoralize you sometimes with their ability," Skiles said. "They're a very, very efficient offensive team. You know going into the game you're going to give up some points. You're not going to shut them down. So you can't get discouraged by that."

Skiles served as an assistant in Phoenix during Nash's first tour of duty there, back before he started collecting Most Valuable Player awards like candy. The two-time reigning MVP has increased his scoring average to a career-best 20.6 points this season, while keeping his assists average near his career high.

"He's really worked on his game," Skiles said. "[It] was always good. But he's taken it to another level. He has great command out there. He's a very, very difficult player to deal with."

So how do you try?

"You try to play him like you do the other great playersâ€â€￾Iverson, Wade, Bryant," Skiles said. "You mix up looks with him, try to create indecision, try to make him take difficult shots, try to keep him out of the paint. We need to get back in transition."

Phoenix's victory in Detroit enabled the Bulls to pull into a virtual tie with the Pistons for the Eastern Conference's best record. That might be the extent of Phoenix's charity.

"It's a big game for us because we've been playing really well, and they're as good as anybody in the NBA," Luol Deng said.

Bart

Hall of Famer
pt.guard2 said:
FYI.....Here is an article quoting Scott Skiles (himself a former point guard) calling Steve Nash the greatest player in the world....

Excellent article.Hard to believe he's playing even better than the two previous MVP years, but he is!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
that is AWESOME!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

funny how almost nobody, and i mean NOBODY, in the general basketball audience would give him anywhere close to that kind of praise... well, it's not funny, but you know what i mean.

Nash has no commercials, no hype, no nothing except lots of wins and 2 MVP trophies. go ask any of your local high school b-ballers and ask who the best player in the game is. i guarantee you they pick the "superior afalete" types with nary a mention of Mr. Nash.

in fact, i was talking about him to my local high school team a while back, and they thought i was crazy! the world is truly upside down.

Convoluted as it may be, I've heard more black high school players get
excited about Nash than white ones.

Jimmy Chitwood said:
that is AWESOME!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

funny how almost nobody, and i mean NOBODY, in the general basketball audience would give him anywhere close to that kind of praise... well, it's not funny, but you know what i mean.

Nash has no commercials, no hype, no nothing except lots of wins and 2 MVP trophies. go ask any of your local high school b-ballers and ask who the best player in the game is. i guarantee you they pick the "superior afalete" types with nary a mention of Mr. Nash.

in fact, i was talking about him to my local high school team a while back, and they thought i was crazy! the world is truly upside down.

He's on Wheaties cereal boxes.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I heard one of Sporting News Radio's hosts gushing about Steve last night. He said "it's got to be back to back to back MVP's for Steve Nash, how could it be anyone else, he's averaging over 20 points and over 11 assists!" It was pretty cool to hear. He never even brought anyone else into the discussion.

From AP story on last night's game:

Nash was just one off of his career-high total of 22 assists set against
New York on Jan. 2, 2006.
"He had more assists than I had points and I had a pretty good scoring
night," James Jones, who scored 13, said with a laugh. "He can take the
heart out of an opposing team."
Nash's remarkable display certainly took the heart out of the Cavaliers.
"He's a great point guard, he's the two-time MVP for a reason and their
guys feed off him well," the Cavaliers' Donyell Marshall said.

Bunnyman

Guru
I have been buying Wheaties lately just because he is on the box. We have to support our boys in every way we can.

whiteCB

Master
GreatLakeState said:
From AP story on last night's game:

Nash was just one off of his career-high total of 22 assists set against
New York on Jan. 2, 2006.
"He had more assists than I had points and I had a pretty good scoring
night," James Jones, who scored 13, said with a laugh. "He can take the
heart out of an opposing team."
Nash's remarkable display certainly took the heart out of the Cavaliers.
"He's a great point guard, he's the two-time MVP for a reason and their
guys feed off him well," the Cavaliers' Donyell Marshall said.

I watched the whole first half and Nash is like the Peyton Manning of basketball. They're both the best players in each of their respective leagues. Also what makes them so great is their pass making decision ability and how they DO make everybody around them a better player. Anyone who says Nash isn't athletic is a retard or pure caste follower. Steve is so fast handling the ball the jump passes in the air he makes are awesome.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I almost don't believe what I just saw. On the Suns/Grizzlies game they just put up a graphic so people could vote on a poll for MVP. A. was Steve Nash, B. was Dwayne Wade, C. was Kobe Bryant, and D. was other. I cannot believe Dirk wasn't on the list instead of Wade or Bryant. Now because of the 3 that Arenas made against the Jazz today, they said he could be one of the others, along with Dirk. What a sick joke!
smiley7.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
I almost don't believe what I just saw. On the Suns/Grizzlies game they just put up a graphic so people could vote on a poll for MVP. A. was Steve Nash, B. was Dwayne Wade, C. was Kobe Bryant, and D. was other. I cannot believe Dirk wasn't on the list instead of Wade or Bryant. Now because of the 3 that Arenas made against the Jazz today, they said he could be one of the others, along with Dirk. What a sick joke!
smiley7.gif

Who won the poll?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure, its a TNT poll I guess. It infuriated me so much, I turned off the game.

Arenas has done a little more this season than make a three-pointer.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
GreatLakeState said:
Arenas has done a little more this season than make a three-pointer.

They certainly talk about him on the radio like he has done more than shoot a three-pointer. Walk on water?
smiley2.gif

white tornado

Mentor
Arenas is the classic N.B.A. gunner, shoot first ask questions later. With that being said I would have him fourth in the M.V.P. race due to his great play as of late, however I belive he's due for a huge drop off sometime soon.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nash needs to win the MVP again this year. We need another white to join the 3 timers club.

whiteCB

Master
Today on ESPNs "Cold Pizza" (not a big fan just happened to be turning channels) host Pat Forde got sopme balls and actually made a true statement when talking about Nash and his bid for 3 straight MVPs: "Race does play a role in whether Nash will win another MVP. You have people out there who refuse to believe that a scrawny 6 foot white guy is actually that good. These people see a league dominated by blacks and just assume that there is no way a white guy this small can be that good. When in reality he is." Then Skip Bayliss chimed in and agreed that some people can't accept the fact that Nash, because he's white, is really that great. I applaude Forde and Bayliss being white guys and actually speaking up for and pointing out the reverse racism that so often goes against white athletes. They made good points that so many of us on here so often make and it was good to see it on national tv.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Steve Nash placed fourth in All --Star voting for guardsin the Western Conference.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nash and the Suns win again.I'm running out of words to describe the true greatness of this team and the man leading them. 16 wins in a row! 31 out of the last 32 games!Incredible!Here is to the MVP Steve Nash!

whiteCB

Master
Bart said:
Steve Nash placed fourth in All -- Star voting for guards in the Western Conference.

WOW what a sad stat. Only in America can a guy win the MVP not once but twice in a row and still not be selected to start in an all star game. The media and corporations are partly to blame because they are the ones who never give Nash face time. Instead they're too busy promoting LeBron, Wade, and Melo. Also the fans just f**kin kill me man. What a bunch of idiot self loathing a-holes. This sh!t pisses me off.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It just means the all-star is a pro-black media sponsored popularity contest. It often doesn't amount to JACK SQUAT in terms of how good a player really is.

G

It just tells me that in a meaningless one-game exhibition, the fans would prefer to see Kobe and Tracy jumping over people, and throwing it down, rather than Steve Nash on the court without his studs Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire backing him up.

The All-Star game is about dunks and excitement.. not backdoors, layups, a 3 pointer, and some free-throws from a team-oriented player. He'll get in the game. No biggie.

white tornado

Mentor
Thats why Tim Duncan was voted a starter so he could enertain the crowd with his jump hooks. The big fundemental sure is a highlight real waiting to happen.
smiley2.gif
Edited by: white tornado