Peyton Hillis

backrow

Hall of Famer
on top of that, jax, Peyton is a dangerous receiver out of a backfield, which is another rookie QB friendly solution for gaining yards.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This is a good thing, as it's amazing, even for the Caste NFL, that a scrub like St. Clair is still starting, much less on a roster at all. The Browns' o-line is the key as far as whether Cleveland can make a game of it given that they have no passing game, and give Hillis some nice holes to run through.

Browns RT John St. Clair (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 6 against Pittsburgh. Backup Tony Pashos has performed well while filling in for St. Clair, but faces an uphill battle against the Steelers' fourth-ranked defense.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
The Browns corners and safeties are killing the team. If they were White, there would be shouting at the rooftops and gnashing of teeth for them to be demoted.

Not one word from the announcers about the horrid safety/corner play by the Browns.

jcolec02

Mentor
Good observation about their secondary, I noticed how they were avoiding contact when they had a ball carrier in their midst. Scared of contact I guess...

LabMan

Mentor
Caste Football is making a difference,we "will" see more top notch White players in the NFL,thanks again and again to Don Wassall and all on board!

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Against the Saints, on perhaps the most vital drive of the Browns' entire season, "Hillis the Juggernaut"Â￾ was truly the "closer."Â￾ He broke free for numerous first downs, blasting through the weakling tackles of the Saints' Coal Patrol. He even helped to covert a critical 3rd and 6 in which he passed the ball to Colt McCoy.

With a rookie QB and the worst receiving corps in professional football (although TE's Ben Watson and Evan Moore have been reliable), "The Beast"Â￾ should be fed more often. Nevertheless, Mangini's game plan was outstanding. Rob Ryan's defensive scheme was confusing, the fake punt was genius and Cribbs' punt return lateral to Wright was pretty creative.

Of all the running backs in the entire NFL, Peyton Hillis may be the most invaluable player to overall success of his team. If Hillis were to reach the 1,000 yard milestone this season"¦I can imagine the "steroid talk"Â￾ will commence shortly thereafter. I've read comments below numerous Hillis-related articles in which the intoxicated fan-boys are convinced that Peyton is "juicing."Â￾ Any excuse will suffice so long as a white man is discredited.

Hillis will need to average around 60 yards per contest to reach 1,000. Edited by: Thrashen

backrow

Hall of Famer
what a player. he needs a few more big games though, 120+!

2010%5C10%5C24%5CGYI0062178023.jpg

TwentyTwo

Master
Peyton Hillis is the total package at RB! He even throws a nice pass! Like Thrashen said he closed the deal blasting thu the weak tackles; (and strong tackles too in that 4th qtr.) The dude is a bull! He's droppin' the hammer on the coal patrol! Keep up the good work! The Saints Dtruly missed Scott Shanle(hamstring)...and their ex-heart && Soul of the D Scott Fujita(INT & sack)who helped ravage Brees & co...

This is one team(Browns) I thought may consider drafting Jordan Shipley before the draft... just imagine him being the go-to WR with McCoy; wholooked good for only his 2nd career start!

GO BROWNS! They have had some tough very close loses; the W-L record is a bit decieving.Edited by: TwentyTwo

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Lets not forget, Peytonhasnot been at100% injury freefor the last couple weeks. That being said most players haveto learn to play through minor injuries in the NFL. I seePeyton at maybe 75%, if he can get a little healthierI can see him gettin on a tear.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a thought. While I was hoping the Pats would pick up Matt Jones and they went with Branch, why wouldn't the Browns try to upgrade their receiving corp? Colt McCoy is going to be a good qb. I have no doubt in my mind but they need to surround him with alot more weapons.

As for Hillis. He is on track for that magical 1000 yard season despite not starting a few games. I want to see him get over the 100 yard mark several more times too. The biggest hurdle is to make it through the season healthy. After the major injury in Denver, he is being questioned. I am confident he will finish the season strong. His body is slowly adapting to the work load. The Browns are fun to watch again.

backrow

Hall of Famer
is it just me or does he look more trim, leaner and meaner than during his time in Denver? he looks like a big, powerful RB no and less like a FB.

PS right now he is on track for 1052 yards. he needs a few big games to take the pressure off, i would hate for him to finish his season just short of this mark. Edited by: backrow

icsept

Master
What we are witnessing with Peyton Hillis is truly an amazing breach of the caste system. Not since John Riggins 25 years ago has there been an undisputed number one White running back on an NFL team. He does not share carries, is not platooned, doesn't go out on 3rd down and he's not just a goal line back. He does it all.

Watching NFL network and Tom Waddell compared Hillis to Alstott - Jamie Dukes, of all people, scolded Waddell stating that Hillis is not just a power back and is much more fluid than Alstott.

snow

Mentor
Alstott was more fluid/shifty than he is given credit for. It didn't always show because he was used on so many short yardage/goal line situations where he just had to get his pad level low and get the first down/td. I think Alstott could have been a good feature back if given the opportunity, i think his career avg wouldve been higher as well but I don't see many similarities in their running style though. Hillis does that arm thing sometimes that McGuffie does ,does anyone know what im talking about? on a big run the arm without the ball is kind of moving around in a circle, maybe its for balance? Hillis definitely is one of the top talented backs in the NFL right now. T Id say up there with Steven Jackson and Peterson. He is kind of in the same situation Jackson was in for a while, not much else on offense.
Edited by: snow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The sizeable AP (AssociatedCultural MarxistPress) article on the Browns win over the Saints in today's sports section never even mentions Peyton Hillis.

snow

Mentor
"The sizeable AP (AssociatedCultural MarxistPress) article on the
Browns win over the Saints in today's sports section never even mentions
Peyton Hillis."

The local Saints radio show did, WWL with Bobby Hebert, about how he didn't crack 100 but he got 69 and averaged 4+ yards per carry which was good and said he was a crucial player in the win. He mentioned about how he was a white runningback, not just a fullback or 3rd down back and had to give him props for that, and that he was having the best NFL career out McFadden and Jones. He went on to mention how Hillis is really the only starting white runningback, and Gerhart should get a chance to shine soon. Also talked about the lack of white cornerbacks, talked about facing Scott Case and mentioned Jason Sehorn as being the last white cb. I don't know what exact point he was trying to make. He started off with "not to sound politically correct". Bobby is known for rambling on, I wish he would have elaborated, but hope his words made at least made a few dwfs think. They went to commercial and didn't say anything else about it.

I tried looking for it, but I heard it while I was in the car earlier today, doubt there is anything written about it unless I can find a recording. I found this in Sean Payton's press conference before the game:

"Would it surprise you that Peyton Hillis is
leading both Felix Jones and Darren McFadden in the former Arkansas
runners in rushing?

"He's played well.
We've seen a lot of film this week of him. Certainly you go back and see
him when he was at Denver. He's doing a good job. He runs hard and
he's a smart football player."Â￾
Does he compare
to Mike Alstott?

"I don't know if
that would be a good comparison. I think Mike was probably a little bit
closer to a fullback. I think Peyton Hillis is a guy who is a true
runner and certainly a good blocker. I think there are some
differences."Â￾And as for the comparisons to Beanie Wells, The Saints held Wells to 35 yards on 20 attempts, so Hillis had a great performance when you consider everything
I don't know how the national media can ignore him any longer. It will be hard ,they should have at least mentioned the trick passing play.
</span>Edited by: snow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Peyton Hillis is quickly becoming my favorite NFL player.

I never thought I would say this, but I actually like watching the Browns more than Mike Tomlin's Coal Miners in Pittsburgh.

Ive never seen that kind of love and admiration for a white skill position player before from fans. Those bleacher report articles about him are really somethin!

qj

Guru
I think many, if not most of the fans are tired of a bunch of whiners like Randy Moss, T.O., etc., and are more than ready for a guy like Hillis.

JReb1

Mentor
<h1>2010 Cleveland Browns midseason report</h1>

The Cleveland Browns
are one of the only teams in the NFL that can go into the bye week with
a 2-5 record and still have fans smiling. The team's surprise victory
over the Saints in New Orleans does have the Cleveland faithful talking
during the makeshift midway point of the 2010 NFL season. As Cleveland's
record would indicate, the Browns have been more "boo" than "yay" this
season, but there have been signs of hope for one of the most struggling
football franchises of the past few years.

The good

Peyton Hillis(notes),</span>
the 24 year old third-year running back out of Arkansas, surprised many
by becoming the Browns' feature back after the second week of the
season. Thus far in 2010, Hillis has five rushing touchdowns, a 4.4
yards per carry average and is on pace to rush for over 1,000 yards by
the end of the season. Hillis is banged up (thigh injury) but the bye
week should give the big man some much needed rest. It'd be nice if the
Browns could move away from giving Hillis 30 touches a game, as there's
no need to kill the young man's legs so early in his career. With the
current crop of receivers on the team, however, Cleveland may not have a
choice (more on that later).

<div id="sidebar">

<div id="sky">
<t></t>Take away the 28-10 Pittsburgh game (a contest they
were still in after three quarters, by the way), and the Browns have
been competitive in every single game in 2010. They were outscored by a
total of just twelve points in the first three games of the campaign,
and very well <strike>should</strike> could have defeated the Bucs, Chiefs and/or Ravens, three of the better teams record-wise in the league.</div>

</div>

I see no reason why rookie QB Colt McCoy(notes)</span>
shouldn't be named the team's official starter. He hasn't been
spectacular in two starts, but he's been more than fine. Besides, if he
can manage to get the job done behind this offensive line and throwing
to these WRs, McCoy is going to be just fine in the future... Click link for entire article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhFWeW3T5.8uwES3.hKNoev.uLYF?slug=ac-7045182
Edited by: JReb1

JReb1

Mentor
<strong id="yui_3_1_2_14_128866657315391" ="date">Mon, Nov 1[/b]RB
Peyton Hillis will be the Browns' workhorse the second half of the
season. And as the weather gets worse, he should get more and more
carries. "Sometimes it's like anybody else that's doing something for
the first time. He's never been a full-season starter because he's never
had the opportunity to be a full-season starter," coach Eric Mangini
said. "He will have that opportunity here, and I'm looking forward to
seeing what he does with it over the course of 16 games." <cite id="yui_3_1_2_14_128866657315389">(Yahoo! Sports)

It's nice to hear that vote of confidence for Hillis from Mangini. As long as Hillis is healthy and Mangini is the coach it looks like Peyton Hillis is going to be the Browns featured RB. I really, really hope the Browns can win enough games and show enough improvement that Holmgren will keep Mangenious for at least another season and Hillis should be entrenched (as long as he's healthy) as a featured/great NFL RB!
smiley32.gif

</cite>

DWFan

Mentor
Jesus, I'm becoming almost as big a fan of Mangini as I am of Hillis--who has become my favorite player ever.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
DWFan said:
Jesus, I'm becoming almost as big a fan of Mangini as I am of Hillis--who has become my favorite player ever.

Agreed. His game plan against the Saints was very good. In this 30-year long Caste Ruse, it takes a lot of courage for a coach to make a white athlete his starting running back, no matter how talented he is.