Peyton Hillis

Take a look:
McFadden: 85 carries, 392 yds, 4.6 YPC, 1 rushing TD
Hillis: 76 carries, 350 yds, 4.6 YPC,4 rushing TD

To continue the theme of JC's great Hillis article, Player"M"avgs 4.6 YPC and plays for ateam that sucks and a team without a quarterback threat;Player "H" avgs 4.6 YPC and plays for a team that sucks and a team without a quarterback threat.

Player M was drafted with the 4th OVERALL pick...Player H BLOCKED for Player M, never got an opportunity to carry the ball in college, was considered a fullback/emergency--IM TALKING EMERGENCY--tailback, and was a throw away pick in the 7th round....

Once again, for any doubters out there, the Caste system in a nutshell.

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld:

Browns RB Peyton Hillis (quad) told a local radio station Tuesday that he will "more than likely" be ready to face the Steelers on Sunday.

The Browns could opt to rest Hillis in advance of the Week 7 bye, but you can bet he'll be pushing to play. In and out of last week's game, Hillis is laboring through the injury. With rookie Colt McCoy under center, it's not a recipe for fantasy success against the league's most forbidding run defense. He belongs on fantasy benches this week. It's not a bad idea to shop him around, either.
Source: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter
Related: Jerome Harrison, James Davis

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
All reports (stemming from a Rotoworld report) seem to indicate that Hillis will play through injury this Sunday versus the Steelers. Should we expect anything else from Juggernaut?

I hope so badly that Hillis crushes the Steelers' Coal Patrol (accept for Keisel, Smith, and Hoke) in oblivion. Also, I hope the very best for Colt McCoy, who was callously proclaimed to be a "bust"Â￾ before the start of the pre-season.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
All reports (stemming from a Rotoworld report) seem to indicate that Hillis will play through injury this Sunday versus the Steelers. Should we expect anything else from Juggernaut?

I hope so badly that Hillis crushes the Steelers' Coal Patrol (accept for Keisel, Smith, and Hoke) in oblivion. Also, I hope the very best for Colt McCoy, who was callously proclaimed to be a "bust"Â￾ before the start of the pre-season.

Me too Thrashen!! Isn't it just depressing how long we've had to wait for a white running back to come out and dominate? Besides his little stint in Denver Hillis has to be the most underrated back in the NFL and one of the best.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Hahahahahaha! Mike Bell is already a washed-up never-was, even at the ripe old age of 27! If this is all Hillis has to compete with, I'm not worried. I figure this trade happened simply because Harrison was probably bitching, moaning, and groaning because of not getting "his" position. Mangini probably got sick of it and unloaded him.

backrow

Hall of Famer
from rotoworld:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer confirms that Peyton Hillis (thigh) is fully expected to play at Pittsburgh, and expects the Browns to base their game plan on getting Hillis the ball.

Good luck. The Steelers lead the league in run defense, and surrender the fewest yards per carry in football (2.6). While the idea makes sense with rookie Colt McCoy making his NFL debut, the Browns don't project to move the ball much on Sunday. Avoid Browns skill players, including Hillis as more than a desperate flex. The Steelers will undoubtedly be keyed up to stop him.
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

it's gonna be an interesting matchup, i just hope Peyton is healthy in time.

snow

Mentor
good, I think he does his best when people doubt him, and pretty much every source is saying don't use him as a fantasy option right now. I think if he stays on the bicycle this week he will be fine for Sunday.
Edited by: snow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If Hillis can produce against the Steelers, with a rookie QB getting his first start, horrible WRs, and on the road against a fired-up team with one of the top defenses in the league, he'll be Superman.

It's a shame though that the Browns keep facing teams with good run defenses -- Baltimore, Cincy, Atlanta, and now Pittsburgh. I hope Hillis gets healthy and stays that way when the Browns schedule gets easier.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mangini and Hillis are at least talking like Peyton will be ready to go on Sunday. There's a surprisingly good quote from Mike Tomlin in this article.

Eric Mangini confident Peyton Hillis will be ready to play vs. Steelers: Browns Insider

BEREA, Ohio -- Peyton Hillis was among 11 Browns who were idle Wednesday, but coach Eric Mangini said the running back is expected to play Sunday against the Steelers.

"I expect him to practice [Thursday] or one of those days but he'll play," said Mangini.

Hillis aggravated his pulled quad muscle against the Falcons and was limping after the game, but told WKNR AM/850 Tuesday that he will be ready for the game.

Hillis was limited to 28 yards on 10 carries against the Falcons because of the injury, but caught four passes for 49 yards, including a spectacular one-handed 19-yard TD grab.

Said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin of Hillis: "Initially I thought about Jamal Lewis, maybe because they're running similar plays in a similar offense. That's really the only player who's kind of come to mind as I've watched him this week. I'm not one to categorize guys and put guys in a box and say they're like so and so. He's his own unique animal, he's a talented guy and he's doing good business for 'em."

With the trade of Jerome Harrison to the Eagles for running back Mike Bell, it could mean some playing time for James Davis, who was inactive (coaches' decision) against the Falcons. Davis has been slowed by a thigh injury, but wasn't on the injury report last week.

"I was ready to play last week," he said. "I'll approach it the same way this week. I'm always disappointed when I'm not playing, but it's up to the coaches if they feel they want to activate me or not."

The other 10 players who sat out were Kenyon Coleman (knee), Jake Delhomme (ankle), Alex Mack (shoulder), Shaun Rogers (elbow), Robert Royal (shoulder), Robaire Smith (back), Nick Sorensen (calf), John St. Clair (ankle), Seneca Wallace (ankle) and Floyd Womack (knee). Three others were limited: Josh Cribbs (ankle), Abe Elam (knee) and Joe Thomas (shin).

"There are a lot of guys on that list," said Mangini. "I'd say most of the guys I'm optimistic on. With Jake and Seneca, we'll have to see at the end of the week."

Asked if the quarterbacks are walking any better, Mangini joked, "They're moon-walking in the meeting, electric slide, we got it all."
full article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/10/eric_mangini_confident_peyton.html

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Last night, the jock-sniffers on ESPN's "NFL Live"Â￾ were discussing how Denver could remedy their feeble rushing attack. Host Trey Wingo astutely stated "they probably should have just kept Peyton Hillis, guys!"Â￾ Mark Schlareth, the old caste schwein, immediately dismissed that solution as ludicrous.

Later in the show, CasteBoy Schlareth stated that the Chiefs were being "held back"Â￾ by the limited ability of QB Matt Cassel. Again, Wingo stated the obvious when he said: "Well, Dwayne Bowe and Cassel's other WRs dropped about a dozen balls!"Â￾ Schlareth was noticeably perturbed.

Over the years, "NFL Live"Â￾ has always featured a random cast of fanatical weirdos. Trey Wingo, Tim Hasselbeck, Mark Schlareth, Herm Edwards, Qadry Ismail, Eric Allen, Trent Dilfer, etc.Edited by: Thrashen

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thrashen said:
Last night, the jock-sniffers on ESPN's "NFL Live"Â￾ were discussing how Denver could remedy their feeble rushing attack. Host Trey Wingo astutely stated "they probably should have just kept Peyton Hillis, guys!"Â￾ Mark Schlareth, the old caste schwein, immediately dismissed that solution as ludicrous.

Later in the show, CasteBoy Schlareth stated that the Chiefs were being "held back"Â￾ by the limited ability of QB Matt Cassel. Again, Wingo stated the obvious when he said: "Well, Dwayne Bowe and Cassel's other WRs dropped about a dozen balls!"Â￾ Schlareth was noticeably perturbed.

You know a guy's a real Caste Clown when he makes the over-caffeinated Trey Wingo look good by comparison.

Schlereth has always been full of himself. What is itwith these former o-linemen with German-sounding names -- Schlereth, Baldinger, Dierdorff -- they always seem to be among the most offenders when it comes to Caste-Speak. Though I will give Baldinger some credit as not being as bad as he used to be. Edited by: Don Wassall

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
<div>You know a guy's a real Caste Clown when he makes the over-caffeinated Trey Wingo look good by comparison.  </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Schlereth has always been full of himself.  What is it with these former o-linemen with German-sounding names -- Schlereth, Baldinger, Dierdorff -- they always seem to be among the most offenders when it comes to Caste-Speak.  Though I will give Baldinger some credit as not being as bad as he used to be.  </div>

A few seasons ago, Schlereth was on ESPN "reacting"Â to game highlights of Mike Vick's Falcons destroying the lowly Rams. Vick had a particularly great day rushing the ball. He had many long runs, most of which were "highlight material."Â However, they kept playing a single highlight, in super-slow-motion, over and over again. It was a clip of then Rams starting safety, Adam Archuleta, unable to tackle Vick in the open field. Vick was in a dead sprint, made a single cut, and Archuleta dove and missed. An impossible task. The rest of the Rams useless Coal Patrol defense was 10-15 yards away.

Upon viewing the sacred footage, Schlereth was abnormally delighted (even for him) in witnessing this morsel of African triumph, fervently screaming out: "Adam Archuleta, you just got your ankles broken, boy! Whoo! Did you really think you could catch Michael Vick? Not a chance. This is the greatest athlete in the world today!"Â

Sure he is, you Corporate Dingleberry. I'd love to see that clip again, as it was certainly one of the weirdest exhibitions of Afrocentric self-loathing I've ever seen on ESPN (which is really saying something).

They played the clip probably 20-25 times more, whilst Schlereth confessed his everlasting adoration for Vick in a manner more stomach-turning than Joe Theissman's most fanatical of love letters to his darling "Michael"Â"¦which Theissman used to read alive, to a national audience of DWFs, in a forum known as "Sunday Night Football â€" Interracial Love Connection."Â

During ESPN's "Michael Vick Dog Fighting Extravaganza," I remember Schlereth made the comment that "Michael Vick is the best athlete on the planet. This is a kid who got caught up in the pressures of new found celebrity"¦this is a kid that deserves a second chance more than anyone."Â

The other boob "analysts"Â shook their corporate heads in agreement to prove their conformity with such an insane statement. Schlereth probably thought that if he repeated that Michael Vick (who was 29 at the time of the incident) was a "kid"Â long enough, that people would believe his lies. Schlereth, I'll be watching you, b-tch.Edited by: Thrashen

DWFan

Mentor
Thrashen said:
They played the clip probably 20-25 times more, whilst Schlereth confessed his everlasting adoration for Vick in a manner more stomach-turning than Joe Theissman's most fanatical of love letters to his darling "Michael"Â￾"¦which Theissman used to read alive, to a national audience of DWFs, in a forum known as "Sunday Night Football â€" Interracial Love Connection."Â￾

Oh man, if it was worse than Theismann then thank God I didn't suffer through it. My town showed almost all the Falcons games when Vick was on board (they mysteriously found out there were other NFC South teams after he got pokeyfied)and Theismann made me come close to vomiting. Other caste commentators do a good job of acting like they have a homosexual crush on Vick. Theismann absolutely does have one, and nothing could ever convince me otherwise.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
DWFan said:
Thrashen said:
They played the clip probably 20-25 times more, whilst Schlereth confessed his everlasting adoration for Vick in a manner more stomach-turning than Joe Theissman's most fanatical of love letters to his darling "Michael"Â￾"¦which Theissman used to read alive, to a national audience of DWFs, in a forum known as "Sunday Night Football â€" Interracial Love Connection."Â￾

Oh man, if it was worse than Theismann then thank God I didn't suffer through it. My town showed almost all the Falcons games when Vick was on board (they mysteriously found out there were other NFC South teams after he got pokeyfied)and Theismann made me come close to vomiting. Other caste commentators do a good job of acting like they have a homosexual crush on Vick. Theismann absolutely does have one, and nothing could ever convince me otherwise.

I recall writing once back when Theisman was doing the Sunday Night games on ESPN that it wouldn't have surprised me if Theisman hadoohed and aahedon-air about the size, color and texture of Vick's feces.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I do believe Theisman did several live remotes from ConVick's arse during his Sunday Night stint.

GWTJ

Mentor
C'mon guys, stop making me relive those horrible Vick years.

Here's the newest advice from Rotoworld on Hillis:

Peyton Hillis (thigh) is listed as questionable for Week 6 after returning to a "limited" practice Friday.

Despite the questionable tag, the Browns have designs on featuring Hillis against the Steelers. The Heinz Field playing surface is typically a disaster, so fantasy owners should hope that Hillis doesn't further aggravate his injury in the already impossible matchup. He re-strained the thigh in Week 5.

Well, there it is. I guess Hillis shouldn't even bother to take the field. Didn't we hear the same thing against the Ravens a few weeks ago.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm not worried about the Steelers defense. Hillis can run right through them. I'm worried about his injury because it hampered him significantly the last game. If he was healthy he wouldn't have a problem.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I find myself wanting the Browns to win this weekend with Hillis getting 100+ rushing yards.
smiley1.gif

Riddlewire

Master
Hillis played nearly his entire career at Arkansas with injuries. He's not stupid. He knows that his skin disease requires him to hide his pain, even with serious injuries. I suspect he's in much worse shape than he's letting on. In a fair world, he could take a week off with full confidence that he wouldn't lose his job permanently. Then he could heal and come back to dominate the rest of the season. That's not going to happen, though. He'll keep taking a pounding week after week until he just can't perform any more. His season will end early and he'll be redesignated as a backup. I'd like to believe this isn't the case, but Cleveland's complete lack of alternative offensive options, combined with statements from within the organization, suggest that Peyton's path has already been decided. They intend to ride him to death to give the fans some reason to pay attention, then they'll draft a "Hip Wiggling" "SEC Caliber" runningback in next year's draft.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
They intend to ride him to death to give the fans some reason to pay attention, then they'll draft a "Hip Wiggling" "SEC Caliber" runningback in next year's draft.

Riddle, they already tried that last year with Hardest from Tennessee, fully intending to use him in Hillis' role. But of course, he got hurt and the Browns were "forced" to use Hillis.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
As Hillis continues to succeed and causes random fans to call into question the "no White runningbacks" status quo in the NFL -- perhaps even the artificially-inflated Black majority in the aforementioned league -- the media powers-that-be are probably hoping that one or more of the following happen:

- Peyton Hillis suffers a career-ending injury so that they will not be
forced to acknowledge him anymore

- Peyton Hillis is successfully pigeonholed as a statistical anomaly,
and no threat to the general principle that only Blacks should run the
football

- Hillis makes a remark to a newspaper where in he calls out the NFL on
its racist policies. Hillis' words will have the initial effect of
making casual fans say, "He's right!" but they will quickly be brought
back into line as Howie, Terry, Uncle Chris and Co. (including Obama,
who will find time while working on the economy to comment on
football) campaign the idea that Hillis' opinions make him nothing
more than an inbred, racist, red-neck Hitler-kisser who displays the
Confederate battle flag next to the Swastika. Next morning White kids
will run about shouting the epithets "cracker" "redneck" "Hillbilly"
"peckerwood" "trailertrash" -- with glee, but will be offended by
"N**ger" and "jiggaboo" "spearchucker" and "spook".

WATCH

- It is somehow proven that Hillis isn't White at all, but rather an
extremely light-skinned, well-spoken Negro.

- Hillis' exploits are outshined by a Black runningback. Or, if his
efforts on the field can't be outdone, then at least his PERSONALITY
can be outdone by the affectations of some swaggering, talent-
deficient affirmative action slob who's scared of taking a hit (on
field, at least) but is awfully good at complaining about not getting
enough touches, and other forms of TNB.

Good luck, Peyton -- you've got a difficult defensive line of haters (of your own and other ethnicities) to truck.

Luckily, you're a white guy, so you'll confront your problems with mind and fist rather than by trying to finesse your way around problems with your hip-wiggling speed and feigning a non-existent injury when you get tackled in the open field by a white linebacker.

backrow

Hall of Famer
from Peyton's mouth through rotoworld:

Peyton Hillis (thigh) says he'll be "very surprised" if he's not 100 percent for Sunday's battle with the Steelers.

"I feel great right now and with wrapping it up and keeping it warm, it should be fine," he said. We doubt that he'll really be close to 100 percent, but these are certainly encouraging words. Still, as good as he's been this year, he's not a great play against the Steelers with Colt McCoy at quarterback.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
"I feel great right now and with wrapping it up and keeping it warm, it should be fine," he said. We doubt that he'll really be close to 100 percent, but these are certainly encouraging words. Still, as good as he's been this year, he's not a great play against the Steelers with Colt McCoy at quarterback.

Retarded anti-white fantasy analysis, who benches their No 1 or 2 RB just because of the team they are playing? What the heck fantasy league are you 5 deep in quality RB's so that you can sit a guy just because he's got a tough matchup? Hillis is always worth the play because of his size he's going to get goal line carries which will give him the chance to rack up points even with reduced carries. Anyway with a rookie QB you expect them to run more to "protect" him, that means more opportunities for Hillis. In fact because of that he should be more of an option.

JReb1

Mentor
I'm going to plug Hillis in as long as he starts as I will with Ray Rice who's also nursing an injury. My only other option at RB is Brown who has 1/4 the points as Hillis has despite 2 more starts...

I do worry about Peyton's thigh though as a similar injury just put the Bucs starting (way overrated and also overpaid) center Jeff Faine (I think) out for 4-6 weeks.