Peyton Hillis

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
How does Moreno get drafted near the top third of the first round, even in the Caste NFL? He isn't fast andhas no apparent burst or special abilities of any kind. He had a 50 yard run today but all he had to do was go through the hole that was there and then just run as fast as he could till he was caught. Of all the needs the Broncos had, to take Moreno looks to be a really bad decision, and not just because Hillis is there.

Alworth No.19

Don Wassall said:
How does Moreno get drafted near the top third of the first round, even in the Caste NFL? He isn't fast andhas no apparent burst or special abilities of any kind. He had a 50 yard run today but all he had to do was go through the hole that was there and then just run as fast as he could till he was caught. Of all the needs the Broncos had, to take Moreno looks to be a really bad decision, and not just because Hillis is there.

Actually, I think that taking any RB in the first round, or even the second, is unwise. In my lifetime of watching football, most of the great running backs have won very few championships.

Alworth No.19

What one of the Chargers had to say about the game today:

"When Orton came in, it was kind of like Willis Reed coming back to the Garden,'' said San Diego linebacker Stephen Cooper,
showing himself to be an impressive student of history. "To see him out
there, everyone started running around and making plays. They started
moving the ball real fast and it was like they got their second wind.
But then Moreno fumbled that ball on the goal line, and it took that
wind right out of them.''
<div id="Tixyy" style="border: medium none ; overflow: ; color: rgb0, 0, 0; : transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;">

</div>

foobar75

Master
It was worth noting that the announcers kept mentioning how the Broncos were short on running backs, with Jordan out and Buckhhalter not having practiced earlier in the week. To those of us who know the truth, a legitimate running back was sitting on the bench rotting away (for weeks now), while Moreno did his part to destroy the team's momentum and play a large part in that defeat with his fumble.

But worry not. In Vermin McDaniels' world, only white players are punished for mistakes. I do not expect Moreno to be penalized in any way because of what happened today.Edited by: foobar75

foobar75

Master

Borussia

Guru
Yes, McDaniels is a piece of trash. I think many Caste adherents are totally brainwashed by the black is superior athlete myth. It goes to show you that the concept of 'experts' is totally bogus.

Frankly, McDaniels and many young scouts know jack sh*t except that if he's black and in good shape, he's a can't miss prospect.
Someone somewhere must blow the whistle on this stupidity and blatant racism.
Nothing will change until someone of substance speaks out.

I'd say a few guys are nearing the point where they (unfortunately) have nothing to lose (Standeford, Jones, Hass, etc)

Mark my words, they will snatch Toby Gerhart up and he'll be forced to become a FB..maybe get a backup role for a year or 2 as a RB. Any and all slip ups and he will be relegated as a bust.

It's now becoming a sick joke.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
All I know is that I want Peyton Hillis to get a legitimate chance to carry the ball somewhere next year. If it is in Buffalo with Mike Shanahan, then so be it.

He has been treated like crap in Denver.

How do you go from being so productive the second half of last season to being totally ignored, except to play on some special teams?

By trying to be a white RB in the NFL.

And it will never change unless people continue to speak out so loudly that the truth can no longer be ignored.Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
All you have to do is flip it -- if the league had zero black starting QBs for 30 years in a row, and often times not even any as backups, but every year there were record setting black high school QBs who were not recruited or forced to change positions, and then those that still somehow excelled in college as walk-ons were ignored by the NFL even when they were outstanding when injuries forced their team to play them for a few games.. .

But the problem with comparing discrimination against White players now to discrimination against black players in the past is that the media was nearly one hundred percent attuned to and sympathetic to rooting out anything anti-black, whereas now the media, after 40 years of non-stop Cultural Marxism,goes by the iron rule that Whites don't exist as a race except in negative ways. It'spart ofan ongoing process of deligitimizing and literally replacing Whites in the U.S. and deracinating those that remain.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
All you have to do is flip it -- if the league had zero black starting QBs for 30 years in a row, and often times not even any as backups, but every year there were record setting black high school QBs who were not recruited or forced to change positions, and then those that still somehow excelled in college as walk-ons were ignored by the NFL even when they were outstanding when injuries forced their team to play them for a few games. . .
<div> </div>
<div>But the problem with comparing discrimination against White players now to discrimination against black players in the past is that the media was nearly one hundred percent attuned to and sympathetic to rooting out anything anti-black, whereas now the media, after 40 years of non-stop Cultural Marxism, goes by the iron rule that Whites don't exist as a race except in negative ways.  It's part of an ongoing process of deligitimizing and literally replacing Whites in the U.S. and deracinating those that remain.</div>

Yeah, just think about the nonstop derision Denver would be receiving for not playing Peyton Hillis if he were black and the roles were reversed. It would be more heated as the QB situation where the media in the past has openly called for more black QB's even though the NFL has given several blacks more than ample opportunities to succeed at QB. If the roles were reversed and Blacks were being systematically shut out of the RB position in an overwhelmingly white NFL and a black guy like Hillis came along who not only succeeded but thrived when basically the team was down to its last option, the media would be screaming bloody murder right now. One they would have been lamenting the fact that Denver went out in the off season and drafted yet another slow white running back when the team already had Hillis who was faster, bigger and stronger. Two, right about now they would be blaming the failures of Denver solely on Moreno's 2 touchdowns and 4.2 yards per carry. They would have went insane over his fumble in the endzone this last week and would have showed countless pictures of Hillis sitting on the sidelines with a forlorn look on his face and give calls of racial discrimination like they did with the Boston Redsox for years.

Denver is unravellining. Brandon Marshall got into it with Moreno and said he doesn't regret it. Moreno eventually pushed him. An interesting note, is that Marshall was encouraging Shanahan to give Hillis the ball last year before Shanahan was forced to due to injuries. As much as I dislike Marshall, it would be great if he called out the coach in the media for not using Hillis (even if it's largely to spite Moreno and McDaniels). Him fighting with Moreno makes it more likely to happen. I'm not expecting it to happen, but wouldn't be shocked. Edited by: Fightingtowin

backrow

Hall of Famer
i didn't realize that Marshall was advocating for Hillis, but then again, he wants to win and last season Peyton was clearly their best back. he still is this season, but having a black high draft pick i am sure everyone was willing to give him a shot.

Tom Iron

Mentor
There was an article in the NYPost about the sideline incident between Moreno and Marshall, but of course, the writer wouldn't dare talk about what it was all about. Heaven forbid.

Tom Iron...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping for Hillis to get a few chances to run the ball tommorow night. I'm not holding my breath though as the coach is an idiot. Moreno would probably have to get hurt for Hillis to get more than a token few chances. Peyton Hillis needs to shop himself around in the offseason. Get out of Denver!

Tom Iron

Mentor
I think the coach is in a tight spot, of his own making on the issue of Peyton Hillis. If he plays him now and Hillis does real good as we think he will, somebody might ask, hey, what gives here? You're the coach and you didn't know how good this guy is, etc? It could be a real sticky wicket for the coach you see.

Tom Iron...

white is right

Hall of Famer
Maybe he could use the line, "yes but he is more valuable as a fullback". Then give him no touches or virtually no touches and barely let him see the field.
smiley11.gif

Watcher

Hillis is in the best position of everyone to speak up. He's already proved he was more productive, has fan support, etc. It would be great if Marshall Brandon spoke up on his behalf.

People have been asking about Hillis, even with no discussion of race involved. I'm sorry if any of these links have already been posted, but this thread is 17 pages long, and I haven't seen them posted on the latest couple.

The answer is Hillis Posted Nov 13th 2009
http://broncotalk.net/2009/11/11645/broncos-blog/the-answer-is-hillis/

Q&amp;A: Peyton Hillis needs to fight for a spot on Sundays Posted Nov 17 2009
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13804264?source=bb

Abridged:

"Q: Do you have any idea why Josh McDaniels will not give Peyton Hillis a chance to get on the football field."
[...]"A: Bret, this is a common question these days"

That article goes on to make a lot of excuses to why he isn't playing.

Perhaps a break for Peyton Hillis Posted: Nov 21 2009
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13841140?source=rss&amp;utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=feed&amp;utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+(Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos)

Full article:

"The most frequently asked question I have been asked this year hasn't been Kyle Orton or Chris Simms? Or, why is the team so effective in the first half? Or, why is the team so ineffective in the second half? Or, why has the defense been so good? Or, what happened to the run defense? Or, why don't they throw it downfield? Or why don't they run the ball more?

The most commonly asked Broncos question to me and my colleagues is: Why doesn't Peyton Hillis play more?"

Maybe Sunday against the San Diego Chargers. No. 3 tailback LaMont Jordan is out. No. 2 tailback Correll Buckhalter has a gimpy knee. Simms will need a strong running game to survive what figures to be an onslaught of Bolt blitzes.

No. 1 tailback Knowshon Moreno can handle a 20- to 25-carry workload. But if that's the case, he figures to need a spell. If Hillis gets a chance, and he does something with that chance, coach Josh McDaniels would see for the first time the type of infectious energy he would bring. Hillis isn't fast. He isn't shifty. But his north-south style of running enthralls the fandom.

And a crowd's energy tends to feed the offensive linemen. We'll see."

Here's a thread asking about Hillis before the draft even happened

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=135239

Before the season: Peyton Hillis: Just a Fullback?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/138373-peyton-hillis-just-a-fullback/show_full

The writer is aware of Castefootball. He wrote this too:
Kevin Curtis: Let The Phasing-Out Begin
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/165996-kevin-curtis-let-the-phasing-out-begin
Edited by: Watcher

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hillis should be getting alot more carries. It's not like the Broncos have Barry Sanders on their team for Hillis to have serious competition. Moreno is a very average back and Buckhalter is as well.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Broncos have found their power runner according to this article, which patronizes Hillis fans. Hey, the league can never have enough White Special Teams Demons:

<H1 =articleTitle id=articleTitle>Moreno flexed his muscles against Giants</H1>

There is occasional clamoring among fans to see Peyton Hillis, which is understandable.

The Broncos running back is a likeable, folksy kid from Arkansas who had surprising success as a seventh-round rookie last season thanks to a refreshing, bow-the-neck running style. But if brute strength is what people want, did they see how Broncos rookie Knowshon Moreno ran Thursday night against the New York Giants? Moreno ran with authority.

On several of his runs, Giants defenders gave him the ole treatment rather than take him head on.

"It was a tough, physical game against a really good team and we had some success running," Moreno said, his left wrist wrapped in a bandage afterward. "The offensive line did a great job all night opening holes. We were just out there running, having fun."
full article: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13882577

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Peyton Hillis still averaged 1.1 YPC better last season "while starting" then Moreno has this season. Hillis averaged 5.4 YPC as a starter and was getting better each game. I think IN DENVER'S SYSTEM, Hillis would be a 6 YPC guy each year he is healthy- which could make him THE MOST DOMINANT RB OF ALL TIME...but because he is white, this kind of player is better on the bench! This is more than discrimination, this is downright "EVIL" to the extreme. I wish Josh McDaniels many festering hemorrhoids and severe panic attacks that make this pathological racist have to quit coaching. He's the only person stupid OR EVIL enough, to put a guy who played like a surefire HOF RB last season (in his short stint as a starter) on the bench. These journalists are pure cut lying Cultural Marxists Don!
smiley7.gif

dwid

Hall of Famer
I dont understand the hype that Moreno has gotten. He is very mediocre, There are dozens of backs with a similar skill set and size. Pierre Thomas an UDFA looks better than him. Hillis looked like what a first round runningback should be last year when given a chance. Moreno looks like a 7th rounder.

Hopefully Shanahan will go to the Bills and somehow Hillis will get a chance over there. With their defense and Peyton Hillis starting it would be a fun team to watch.Edited by: dwid

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Did anyone leave a comment after that Cultural Marxist douche bag's manipulating the facts article?

dwid, I'd say- considering the stats Moreno put up at Georgia and his impressive X-Z agility- he should be a late 2nd/ early 3rd rounder. But the bottom line is, there are several white tailbacks who could do as good or better than Knowshow in Denver this year- and yes- at Georgia last year too.

Hillis played like "AN EARLY 1ST ROUND TAILBACK" last year- and looks like he could be a 6 YPC guy in Denver. Instead that racist POS Josh McDitz, would rather play a guy who averages 1.1 YPC less as a starter and has 2 less rush TDs than Hillis on more than double the carries and a guy who Hillis had 4 longer runs than 3 games ago with 60% of the carries.

devans

Mentor
Some new white labels for the caste-phrase thread...

likeable
folksy kid
surprising success
bow-the-neck running style

Westside

Hall of Famer
How about "Toby like!" the new ultimate white label.