NFL Pre-season Week 3

TwentyTwo

Master
Ryan Spadola 3 receptions 110 yards & TD....That should be good enough to land a roster spot if your going by Green Bay's back-up QB formula.

Brian Leonard looked good on his TD run.

Tannehill17

Mentor
geno-smith-safety-2.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Trevor Scott had 3 sacks and a forced fumble. Hillis had a much better showing than James. Leonard looks like a best bet for TBs backup RB spot, things are looking good good in Tampa!

dwid

Hall of Famer

it might be because he is scrambling but that looks worse than the wind up motion they bashed Tebow for. Scatter brained, if he would have just kept calm and stuck to his reads....why didn't he just flick his wrist and complete a 70 yard pass?

watching espn right now, just showed the Jets, and Sanchez looking dumb when 3 balls are thrown his way and one hits his face....none of the Smith thing yet, maybe its coming up?

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to watch much of the SD/Cards game while getting kids to bed,but has Woodhead got very many snaps?Looking at the stats for the game i'm surprised that they are giving Ryan Matthews a lot of carries in this preseason game,don't they know he is a delicate flower.If they continue to do this Danny could be a starter by game 1 of the regular season.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Some RB and WR stats from tonight's games:

Brian Leonard and Peyton Hillis were the 2 leading rushers for Tampa Bay with 38 and 28 yrds respectively. Leonard had a TD.
Rex Burkhead 2 rushes for 8 yds. He also had 2 receptions for 14 yds.
Brian Hartline had 4 catches for 40 yds.
Josh Cooper, Cleveland 2 catches for 16 yds.
Griff Whalen, Indy, 4 catches for 57 yds.
Ryan Spadola, Jets, 3 catches for 110 yds and 1 TD.
Zac Rogers, Jets, 2 catches for 19 yds.
Devon Wiley, Chiefs, 2 for 22 yds.
Riley Cooper, Eagles, 1 for 9 yds.
Jeremy Ebert, Jags, 1 for 13 yds
Jordan Shipley, Jags, 1 for 10 yds.
Eric Decker, Broncos, 6 for 66 yds.
and Danny Woodhead (game still in progress) 1 run for 3 yds, and 2 receptions for 10 yds.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Woodhead is getting no action. Just one carry in the beginning of the game. :(

referendum

Mentor
In another thread I mentioned about Spadola having a very good chance of making the Jets. Tonites game hopefully makes that definite. At one point in the game the Jets offense had lots of whites, with Spadola, Simms, Reuland maybe and some white backup O-lineman. Maybe that should be the starting lineup.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Geno Smiff's turd of a performance was a rare bright spot for me this preseason.

Didn't take long for Geno Smith to pull a bonehead play. Like I keep saying, it's only a matter of time for blacks to do stupid things. The only question is, just what it is they'll do. With Sanchise down things could get interesting with the jets QB situation. I thought it'd be by the halfway point of the season Rex Ryan would be fired. I'll move that up to fifth game and he's gone.

joegoofinoff...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Geno Smiff is in a great situation. He's second on the depth chart right now behind probably the worst starting quarterback in the league in Sanchez. It's only a matter of time before he starts but I actually think he will do worse than Sanchez. If Smiff starts a few games into the season and puts up Russell Wilson type stats with possibly the worst starting receivers and runningback in the league I may lose my mind.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Geno Smiff is in a great situation. He's second on the depth chart right now behind probably the worst starting quarterback in the league in Sanchez. It's only a matter of time before he starts but I actually think he will do worse than Sanchez. If Smiff starts a few games into the season and puts up Russell Wilson type stats with possibly the worst starting receivers and runningback in the league I may lose my mind.
...And since I read this morning that Sanchez hurt his shoulder when being crushed in the third quarter, that the Jets will have to start the season (most likely) with Smiff behind center! Here's to hoping that he's an utter embarrassment.

wile

Master
I honestly don't think Harrel was up to the job, and I always thought Young was backup material. But reading the packer report just emphasizes the black attitudes towards race with Finley's comment about "that's my man." If some scrub receiver blurts out that he intentionally dropped passes thrown from a white qb I will absolutely believe it is league wide behavior. Good news though the white/jewish gimps own all of this behavior from blacks, and blacks are on the express elevator to the bottom. I know it is all their fault, every bit of it.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
From reports around the league, Sanchez might be out for a while. In the meantime though, the Jets have brought in John Beck and Matt Leinert for a look. Either one of these is far better than Geno Smiff, and both are hated by DWFs.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I honestly don't think Harrel was up to the job, and I always thought Young was backup material. But reading the packer report just emphasizes the black attitudes towards race with Finley's comment about "that's my man." If some scrub receiver blurts out that he intentionally dropped passes thrown from a white qb I will absolutely believe it is league wide behavior. Good news though the white/jewish gimps own all of this behavior from blacks, and blacks are on the express elevator to the bottom. I know it is all their fault, every bit of it.

Finley, who is still living off a few good playoff games from years ago, has openly groused about Aaron Rodgers. Greg Jennings also mouthed off after going to the Vikings. A top-flight quarterback like Rodgers still isn't good enough to satisfy these pampered prima donnas and I agree race has a lot to do with their hostility, in fact not just a lot but all of it.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I never saw Harrel getting a shot either, only because I don't think we will see any air raid Mike Leach qb get a shot. Its all going to be "system qb". Look at Nick Florence for Baylor last year, same system as RG3, he comes in puts up great stats through the air, not a word about him.

Tuel might be the exception, I think he had one year? under Leach, which might have helped him out a bit.

As far as Young, he is NOT A BACKUP qb. You are looking for either two things in a backup, an up and coming guy to lead the future (maybe its just hoping you can develop him) or a journeyman type that knows the playbook in and out and can run the SAME offense, there might be some limitations due to physical ability like certain throws they can't make but its the same thing. A lot of these younger White qbs like Harrell and Chase Daniel got to learn the playbook and are kind of a mixture of both categories, in Harrell's case you would want to try and get a good trade for him since Rogers is still young. People have been whining about lack of black back up qbs in the league and mention journeymen White guys that are old and won't do anything, well they are there for the 2nd reason I said. Unless you want a slash type qb, you don't need a guy like Young as a backup, and surprised McCarthy is doing this, because he hated the fact that he had to dumb down his playbook for Aaron Brooks, so I wonder how much say he had in this.

and as far as black back up qbs? we barely have any White rbs, and two of them are on the same team. We are supposed to believe that none can even be in the rotation with such "greats" as Shonn Greene, Bilal Powell etc.

Good thing about Hillis, I see he is the only one that averaged 4 ypc for them, funny last night i went to bed upset, because i checked the box score and he wasn't even listed on there.

funny thing about Finley, i keep seeing posts about "i think this is the year he finally breaks out" lol

Last edited:

woody39

Mentor
Touchdown Tanner for New Orleans! Great strength to get in the end zone! Commentators even seem to like him! Maybe he sticks on the roster!

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
I never saw Harrel getting a shot either, only because I don't think we will see any air raid Mike Leach qb get a shot. Its all going to be "system qb". Look at Nick Florence for Baylor last year, same system as RG3, he comes in puts up great stats through the air, not a word about him.

Great point about the Leach offense. Every QB he has had since Kingsburry would have made solid QBs if given a chance, but they are always said to be products of the Leach offense. I wonder if that would be the case for a black QB who played under Leach?

woody39

Mentor
Make that two touchdowns for Tanner! I've seen some write ups saying he will make it on the roster, surely he has too they don't seem to have much after colston, stills and moore at wr. Tanner could easily beat out Toon if given a fair shot.

PHillisFan

Master
Hopefully this Tanner kid can stick on that dark NO roster.

I find myself rooting for Matt Lienart now as he has been resurrected in Buffalo following injuries to supa black quarterback Manuel and Kevin Kolb. Word is already going around Kolb's injury might be career ending. That is really a shame.

TwentyTwo

Master
After JJ sWatt...Justin Smith is probably the next Best D-Lineman in the NFL...unfortunately at the expense of Toby Gerhart who was stuffed for a loss...

Is there a better LB in the NFL than Luke Kuechly!

Eric Weddle is arguably the NFL's Best Safety!

Joe Staley could best the Best Tackle in the NFL...

WR Andy Tanner with the catch of the day on that 2nd TD!

foobar75

Master
Austin Collie has not seen the field yet well into the 2nd quarter, obviously a very ominous sign.

bigunreal

Mentor
Yes, it is completely ridiculous that Collie is being willfully denied the chance to play by Psycho Harbaugh. Anyone who looks at the 49ers receiving corps and maintains Collie is not better than any of them simply doesn't know anything about football.

But then again, this isn't about football. It's about control, and cultural marxism. black quarterback Kaepernick looking unstoppable again, after an awful start. Meanwhile, Ponder continues to struggle. I'm sorry, but I can't believe that every young white QB now outside of Luck has trouble with these NFL defenses, while every new black quarterback cuts through them like a hot knife through butter.

I'm really hoping that Collie loses it at some point and just starts punching Psycho Harbaugh. Make a bold statement. He sure isn't going to be allowed to play WR in the league again, if he isn't going to get the chance with that aggregation of clowns. He has quickly become my least favorite of all the despicable NFL head coaches.

foobar75

Master
It seems that there's a special rule in the NFL, where if a White ball carrier (QB or RB) picks up a lot of yards on a play, it almost always comes back due to a holding penalty. Un-freakingbelievable!

bigunreal

Mentor
Collie isn't being allowed to play, even though the immortal Kyle Williams is out with an injury, leaving even fewer untalented, affirmative action projects for him to "compete" with.

Things are so bad even Chad Hall, whom Al Michaels referred to as "Hill," appears to be ahead of him on the depth chart. No way does Pyscho Harbaugh keep two white WRs, and Hall is the perfect WSTD that these plantation masters have always loved.