NFL Combine 2007

White Mike

Guru
White Shogun said:
Essentially, the argument breaks down this way:

Two guys who want to play tailback run down the field in a 40 yard dash, one black, the other white.

They both run the exact same time.

The black player is described as a fast, potentially great tailback.

The white player is told to bulk up and play fullback, he isn't quite fast enough to play tailback, although he might make a good 'change of pace back.'

Completely different opinions of two guys who ran the exact same time in the 40 yard dash, being evaluated solely on their speed. The only difference is the color of their skin.

Where's Martin Luther King and his "I have a dream" speech when you need him.

The "guru's" at NFL were describing Brian Leonard saying how he ran a 4.5 40, but when they talked about Marshawn they said he ran a 4.4. Their 40 times were the exact same but they wanted to "hype up the brotha". Anyone else notice this?

rajuncajun said:
I watched in disgust as Vermeil and Faulk almost in contempt with their laughter discussed Brian Leonard and his desire to play tailback in the league.  It was sick!  Faulk should have just come out and said what he was thinking "their ain't no white boy gonna play tailback in the league, even if he does run a Fo-Fo nine".  The kid SHOULD be the talk of the combine with his bench, vertical and very impressive 2 40 times.  I hope that somebody gives him a shot in the first two rounds so that he goes to camp as a real threat to making a team at his natural position, not the caste system's.

First time poster in Texas!

Welcome to the forum. How did you find the site?

White Mike

Guru
From NFL.com said:
Jared Zabransky from Boise St. is a real physical specimen, and he's going to be tried at safety.

The fastest quarterback in the second group was Zabransky (4.5)
smiley7.gif

What a suprise, dual threat White QB moving to a new position in the NFL.Edited by: White Mike

nhl411 said:
wow gsot i just noticed youre one of the few other people on nfldraftcountdown.com whos always defending leonard and other white playes
I just like to stick up for what is right, and what i beleive in, regardless of skin colour. I also like to post peoples posts here, on other boards, as it opens peoples eyes.

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Mike said:
From NFL.com said:
Jared Zabransky from Boise St. is a real physical specimen, and he's going to be tried at safety.

smiley7.gif

What a suprise, dual threat White QB moving to a new position in the NFL.

i'd rather have white safety than white QB to be honest

White Mike

Guru
backrow said:
White Mike said:
From NFL.com said:

smiley7.gif

just showing another example of the caste sytem at work.

KG2422

Mentor
I think he should stick to quarterback. It's difficult to switch positions. It's important for whites to continue to dominate the QB position. That's the most important position on the field and the most recognized by women and know nothings. It's good that our people are still the "field generals". We lose that and the league may look just like the SWAC real soon.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
KG2422 said:
I think he should stick to quarterback. It's difficult to switch positions. It's important for whites to continue to dominate the QB position. That's the most important position on the field and the most recognized by women and know nothings. It's good that our people are still the "field generals". We lose that and the league may look just like the SWAC real soon.

I agree. Safety seems to be the main dump-off position and the fast road to obscurity for white quarterbacks who aretoo quickand athletic for the Caste System. Zabransky should insist on playing quarterback, and failing that, running back or receiver.

white tornado

Mentor
Russell's 40 times just might cost him
By Judd Zulgad and Mark Craig, Star Tribune
Last update: February 25, 2007 - 8:27 PM

INDIANAPOLIS - Former Gophers running back Gary Russell could have cost himself an opportunity to be selected in the draft when he posted unofficial 40-yard dash times of 4.84 and 4.80 seconds on Sunday.
Russell, who would have been a junior this past season but left school after being ruled academically ineligible, had been considered a potential mid-round selection. His substandard performance came two days after he said a friend had jokingly told him, "Just don't run what Maurice Clarett ran."

Clarett, the former Ohio State star now in jail, ran the 40 in 4.72 and 4.82 seconds in 2005 at the combine.

Clarett, like Russell an Ohio native, had been out of football for two seasons before that happened. Russell said Friday he was confident he would not repeat Clarett's times.

Part of Russell's problem is he had let himself get out of shape and at one point was carrying 250 pounds on his 5-11 frame. He said he came to the combine at 225 pounds, 10 more than he weighed during the 2005 season.

WHY WOULD THE NFL INVITE SOMEONE TO THE COMBINE WHO WAS A BACKUP WHO NEVER PLAYED, WAS KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL, AND HAD NOT PLAYED IN TWO YEARS.
smiley7.gif

white tornado

Mentor
DON'T ANSWER ITS BECAUSE HE'S AN AFFALETEdited by: white tornado

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Mike said:
backrow said:
White Mike said:
From NFL.com said:

smiley7.gif

wow. are you trying to be funny? go and count white QBs. go on, i will give you couple of minutes.
you're back? ok now go and count white safeties.
which one of these position has serious white shortage?

see my point? so don't f**king come on here and try to patronize me.

rajuncajun

Guru
Welcome to the forum. How did you find the site?

Someone asked me in this thread how I found the site. I found it last draft day searching to see if Jeff Faine who had just been traded to the Saints was in fact white as we had an all chocolate line in 2005. What a find! My brother and I (learning from our Dad) learned to count the white brothers before every TV game to decide who to cheer for! This sight is awesome!

backrow

Hall of Famer
combine:
Tim Shaw posted great 40 time, 4.43 third amongst all linebackers!
smiley32.gif

Zak DeOssie had 4.53, which is also great!
Paul Posluszny clocked in at 4.67. which is a probably going to give some ammo to his haters, who never even saw him on the football field...

Brian Robinson was second amongst all d-linemen with 4.65 and led all in vertical, three cone drill and broad jump!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: backrow

sunshine

Mentor
Tim Shaw is impressive and fast on film too. Stewart Bradley ran a 4.69. He is a good player. Carriker ran a 4.9 but is mobile and will be moved around the line--sure 1st rounder.DE/DT hybrid. DeOssie has been got some buzz and Zabransky the fastest QB.(4.53) is either a QB or forget it most likely. We need him at QB. Drew Stanton ran a 4.73. and is liekly a similar but not as good jay cutler athletic type. Down note Jay Moore ran a slow 40. Overall with just two key guys left--Wendling and Weddle the combine has been ok to good so far. I hope Wendling runs a 4.3. We need it.Weddle is likely a CB.
As for Leonard casual opinion he will probably play tailback if he keeps his weight down. He ran well and FB doesn't make a lot of sense unless they use him as an Alstott type. My guess is tailback. He can catch the ball and head up field which is a plus.
Greg Olsen will be in top 20 or so--the guy is real fast. Other DE Bazuin ran ok--4.77 but buzz isn't good. As for Puz from Penn State he ran ok(no one expected better than 4.6) and should get drafted high.
And some Ol line guys did well--and Allan the big TE out of Div. 3.
Robison is a bit short for a DE but ran real well.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, don't get me wrong i would love to see Zabransky at QB and he seems decided to stick to his guns and play QB, but we know where it gotten Eric Crouch... so my reasning is that we're better off having him as a safety or wide out than not having him at all in NFL

below is the quote from DD.com

"As far as Jared Zabransky is concerned, we've been reporting for a long time that he's athletic enough to get a look at safey, wide receiver or running back in the N.F.L. That won't likely happen, as Jared is resolute about playing quarterback in the pros. He believes he's one of the top 5 quarterback prospects in the draft and likes to compare himself to N.F.L. veteran Jeff Garcia. We remember watching Garcia at the East-West game in the mid 1990's and we can, honestly, see the similarities. Matter of fact, Zabransky actually looks a lot like a younger Jeff Garcia."

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
backrow said:
combine:
Paul Posluszny clocked in at 4.67. which is a probably going to give some ammo to his haters, who never even saw him on the football field...

That's what Chad Greenway ran last year and he still went in the middle of the first round. He and Posluszny are a lot alike, smart players who make tackles all over the field. Penn State grad and NFL Hall of Famer Jack Ham, who can always be counted on to follow the Caste System party line as a broadcaster, says Poz is the best linebacker everfrom Penn State, which is really saying something given all the great ones that have played there in the Paterno era.

Lots of great times and results from other players. Interesting isn't it, that white players more than hold their own with the best black prospects atquarterback, tight end, linebacker, o-lineman and d-linemanwhen it comes to speed, yet they aren't allowed to play tailback, receiver and defensive back because of a supposed lack of speed. What a crock of you know what.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Here's an interesting little piece from Draft Daddy about Tim Shaw... they definitely understand the caste system.....

"Former Penn State defensive end/linebacker Tim Shaw ran a blistering 4.43 (unofficially) at the Combine today. Considered one of best tailbacks in the history of Michigan high school football, Shaw was hoping to spend his career as the Nittany Lions' feature back, but was inexplicably moved to linebacker for "unknown reasons" early in his college career.

While we will never know how Shaw would've fared at tailback in college, we do know Shaw's impressive showing at the Combine -- coupled with a tremendous display of versatility during his career (played RB, MLB, OLB and DE at P.S.U.) -- should have him rising on teams' draft boards. The word is out, this speedster from Livonia is more than just an "overachiever". He's an incredibly well rounded athlete, that can help an N.F.L. team in so many different ways."

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jacknyc said:
The word is out, this speedster from Livonia is more than just an "overachiever". He's an incredibly well rounded athlete, that can help an N.F.L. team in so many different ways."

Special teams demon.
smiley5.gif

rajuncajun

Guru
Did anyone notice that the NFL Network on its post Sunday combine workout show listed the top players in all of the events EXCEPT the Bench Press? They showed the top 40, vertical, cone drills and broad jump but NO Bench, I wonder who was #1? um let's see........................... BRIAN LEONARD!!! They couldn't show the only white guy in the group actually WON an event with an impressive 29 reps! Too bad they haven't started discussing the Wonderlic Test as well! I would bet that BL might just have the top score as well over guys like Adrian Peterson and the rest!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What Draftdaddy said about Tim Shaw was right.This kid was the state champion in Michigan over 100 meters! He rushed for over 7000 yards in high school.Yet he was moved by our buddy Joe Paterno to linebacker and defensive end.The kid is 6'1 and built to be a running back.He has the speed and power of the best of all time.What a crime.I'm just sick to my stomach at how these kids are screwed over.This kid might have been better than Luke Staley and never even got the chance!

backrow

Hall of Famer
imagine that scenario: Shaw getting a shot at Rb in pros... one can dream, right?
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
white lightning said:
What Draftdaddy said about Tim Shaw was right.This kid was the state champion in Michigan over 100 meters! He rushed for over 7000 yards in high school.Yet he was moved by our buddy Joe Paterno to linebacker and defensive end.The kid is 6'1 and built to be a running back.He has the speed and power of the best of all time.What a crime.I'm just sick to my stomach at how these kids are screwed over.This kid might have been better than Luke Staley and never even got the chance!

Paterno did the same thing in the mid-'90s to a kid who was the Pennsylvania state champion in both the 100 and 200 and also was a standout running back. Beefed him up and forced him to go to linebacker. He had some injuries and never got a chance at the pros. Can't recall his name right now. At least Shaw is such a tremendous athlete that he has a good chance to have a productive NFL careerat aposition other than the one he should be playing.

Paterno echoedFisher DeBerry's anti-white racist comments last year, even after DeBerry apologized. Paterno recruits a fair amount of white WRs and RBs but either never uses them or converts them to a "racially correct" position. If he recruited the great John Cappelletti now, he'd undoubtedly make him a linebacker or a blocking fullback.

Edit: His name was Aaron Gatten. Was also a two-time state wrestling champion at 189 pounds. Edited by: Don Wassall

White Mike

Guru
backrow said:
White Mike said:
backrow said:
White Mike said:
From NFL.com said:

smiley7.gif

wow. are you trying to be funny? go and count white QBs. go on, i will give you couple of minutes.
you're back? ok now go and count white safeties.
which one of these position has serious white shortage?

see my point? so don't f**king come on here and try to patronize me.

who is trying to patronize you? wtf you talking about?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
white lightning said:

Paterno did the same thing in the mid-'90s to a kid who was the Pennsylvania state champion in both the 100 and 200 and also was a standout running back. Beefed him up and forced him to go to linebacker. He had some injuries and never got a chance at the pros. Can't recall his name right now. At least Shaw is such a tremendous athlete that he has a good chance to have a productive NFL career at a position other than the one he should be playing.

Paterno echoed Fisher DeBerry's anti-white racist comments last year, even after DeBerry apologized. Paterno recruits a fair amount of white WRs and RBs but either never uses them or converts them to a "racially correct" position. If he recruited the great John Cappelletti now, he'd undoubtedly make him a linebacker or a blocking fullback.

Edit: His name was Aaron Gatten. Was also a two-time state wrestling champion at 189 pounds.
Paterno got away with his rant I suspect because of his age. Bowden uses his southern charm to win over the curious reporters who ask to see his minority recruiting class(last seen the only native American was celebrating touchdowns for FSU.......
smiley36.gif
)..
smiley11.gif