NFL Combine 2007

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
whats bad acceleration, i mean if he runs a sub 4.5 thats good no matter how you spin it.

white tornado

Mentor
Does any one know if they got a new runing surface because the times are considerably faster than the past years.

white is right

Hall of Famer
KJV1 said:
Gonzales 4.41 ouch!! So where does that put him? 3rd or 4th round?
Jerrad Rabb really impressed for a 107 year old his time was very impressive.......
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

This is copied from NFLDC from someone who saw the run:

He got off to a abnormally slow start, even the commentators commented on it.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
GSOT, are you taling about Brian Leonard? if so, that's not true... here's what was actually said, as i quoted it directly from NFL Network when i watched it live (and used the Tivo to rewind it a few times to make sure of everything)... the four moderators were Rich Eisen, Mike Mayock, arshall Faulk, and Dick Vermeil.

DRAFT Combine

The following discussion took place when Brian Leonard was doing his vertical leap.

Mike Mayock: began pointing out that Leonard made a statement by losing 12 pounds after the season in preparation for the Combine. "He said, 'I'm a tailback. That's what I want to be. I'm gonna come out, I'm gonna run, I'm gonna lift, I'm gonna show you I can play tailback at the next level.' I believe that's what he wants to be."

Dick Vermeil: he'd be better off putting 12 pounds on and go to 250.

Rich Eisen: *laughs*

Marshall Faulk: *laughs* "There's a shortage of good fullbacks. There's a shortage of 'em."

Dick Vermeil: *laughs* "Oh, he's right. Ask Marshall, when you're playing a good one, you love 'em boy." *laughs some more*

Marshall Faulk: "They're hard to find."

Dick Vermeil: *more laughter*

Mike Mayock: "But let me ask you a question... But what if he's talented enough to be a tailback? Aren't we shortchanging the kid?"

Marshall Faulk: "Then you become a REALLY good fullback. Because you can read where the running back is carrying the ball."

Dick Vermeil: *laughs*

Rich Eisen: "He had a 34 and a ½ inch vertical leap."

Dick Vermeil: "Yeah, but the competition at that same position is totally different."

Rich Eisen: "34 and a half for Brian Leonard."

Incidentally, Leonard's verticals was slightly higher than average for running backs. He leads the running backs in the bench press, with 28 reps of 225 pounds.

When it came time for Brian to run the 40, here was the discussion as Leonard did his thing...

Mike Mayock: "Okay coach, here comes your fullback and my tailback. Let's see what he does, alright big guy?"

Marshall Faulk: "Well, his time is going to let us know what position he is."

Mike Mayock: "He's got quicker feet, better feet than you give him credit for. When you put the tape on and watch him make a cut in the hole, I think you'll be surprised."

Dick Vermeil: "But he was not their starting running back."

Mike Mayock: "He was for three years. They've got a real special sophomore named Ray Rice."

Dick Vermeil: *laughs* "Yeah, okay. And the special ones usually play in the NFL." *laughs some more*

Marshall Faulk: *laughs*

Mike Mayock: I still... Yeah, okay... We'll see.

Marshall Faulk: *laughs* His time will tell let us know what position.

Dick Vermeil: I hope he does. I'm not against him at all, I just know there's a tremendous need for fullback players."

Mike Mayock: "He's not a great blocker."

Rich Eisen: "Well, as you just saw, he's clocked in at 226 pounds here in Indianapolis, and we'll see what he does in this 40."

Mike Mayock: I think he had 28 reps at two and a quarter, and he had 205 receptions as a running back in college."

~Brian runs~

Dick Vermeil: "Well, pretty good. Probably a 4.6 there, a 4.7... "

Mike Mayock: "I think he's... I want to say..."

Rich Eisen: "How about a 4.49?"

Dick Vermeil: "That's alright."

Rich Eisen: "How about a 4.49?"

Mike Mayock: "Okay coach, what is he now? Tailback. Fullback?"

Marshall Faulk: "Guy might be a situational halfback." *laughs* "Might be a situational halfback."

Dick Vermeil: "I hope whatever he is..."*stunned silence*

Mike Mayock: "Or a West Coast fullback, where he can catch the football. This guy catches the football as well as any back in the country."

Marshall Faulk: "He could be that."
------------------------------------------------------------
The very next back was Marshawn Lynch, who ran a 4.52... Vermeil said, "That's fast enough. Believe me."

------------------------------------------------------------

Brian was one of only six backs to run under 4.5. Chris Henry from Arizona was the fastest at 4.33...

It's interesting to hear the excuses made for the guys who run slower than the moderators think they should... it's confusing to me. What also confuses me is how some times are "impressive" while others are "alright' when the stop watch says the same thing both times...

----------------------------------------------------------
Mayock pointed out that Henry and Leonard ran VERY good times for big backs.

Leonard ran a 4.53 on his second attempt, although none of the commentators said anything about it...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i should add, that Marshawn Lynch ran a 4.49 on his second run (the only RB to improve his 40 time) and was praised for his "impressive speed." with that run, Lynch became just the seventh RB at the combine to run under 4.5 in the 40.

and just in case you missed it in the above post, Leonard had the most bench reps of ANY running back, with 28 reps of 225. he also had a slightly above average vertical leap of 34 and 1/2 inches.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jimmy, are you able to see the combine?

Triad

Mentor
Great posts, Jimmy C, showing dumbass announcers AND double standards. It's the morons like Vermeil who decide who gets drafted and who plays in the NFL. Those quotes illustrate the caste system better than anything we could make up. Edited by: Triad

Thanks Jimmy, well i cannot see it, i am just pasting what i find on the net. By the way some of those comments by Vermeil make me sick......what the hell is wrong with him
smiley7.gif
Edited by: GSOT

Deus Vult

Mentor
If you were not a caste-conspiracy believer before, there's all the proof you need!!

And the double standard by these black guys: Marshall Fauly would be among the first to shout down the white guys for stereotyping a black QB prospect. In fact, after DuhMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn, Mike Mayock's next three QB's are white -- which caused Marshall Faulk to want to know where Mayock rates Troy Smith and Chris Leak. Faulk browbreat Mayock into justifying why neither Leak nor Smith is a top-5 QB prospect.

G

I don't see the double standard at all. Marshawn Lynch actually PLAYEDTAILBACK, and has a ridiculous body of work in a strong Pac-10 conference from which they can utilize to judge him as a tailback.He logged 8.8 yards per carry his freshman year, 6.4 per his sophomore year, and 6.1 his junior. He had 2,600 rushing yards his last 2 years. His 4.49 was just a cherry atop hiscollegiate stats.

Brian Leonard PLAYEDFULLBACK in a weak Big East conference. That's why they CALL HIM A FULLBACK. His simply being a board favorite doesn't make him a proven commodity at tail, and worthy of risking a high draft pick on him. His only having 423 yards last year (106 of which were in one game), and at only 4.5 per, meant he had to blow people away today to get a chance at tail.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Terrapins said:
I don't see the double standard at all. Marshawn Lynch actually PLAYEDTAILBACK, and has a ridiculous body of work in a strong Pac-10 conference from which they can utilize to judge him as a tailback.He logged 8.8 yards per carry his freshman year, 6.4 per his sophomore year, and 6.1 his junior. He had 2,600 rushing yards his last 2 years. His 4.49 was just a cherry atop hiscollegiate stats.

Brian Leonard PLAYEDFULLBACK in a weak Big East conference. That's why they CALL HIM A FULLBACK. His simply being a board favorite doesn't make him a proven commodity at tail, and worthy of risking a high draft pick on him. His only having 423 yards last year (106 of which were in one game), and at only 4.5 per, meant he had to blow people away today to get a chance at tail.

Oh man, I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad. Some people will never get it.
smiley5.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley19.gif
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Terrapins said:
I don't see the double standard at all.  Marshawn Lynch actually PLAYED TAILBACK, and has a ridiculous body of work in a strong Pac-10 conference from which they can utilize to judge him as a tailback.  He logged 8.8 yards per carry his freshman year, 6.4 per his sophomore year, and 6.1 his junior.  He had 2,600 rushing yards his last 2 years.  His 4.49 was just a cherry atop his collegiate stats.

Brian Leonard PLAYED FULLBACK in a weak Big East conference.  That's why they CALL HIM A FULLBACK.  His simply being a board favorite doesn't make him a proven commodity at tail, and worthy of risking a high draft pick on him.  His only having 423 yards last year (106 of which were in one game), and at only 4.5 per, meant he had to blow people away today to get a chance at tail.

BLAH BLAH BLAH, that has nothing to do with the point of the conversation i.e. that there is a blatant double standard when they are rating players even when the numbers are equal. As for your point, WTF? aren't you the guy that has been banned twice this week, how about giving it up? What are you Ron Rice's gay lover or something?

C Darwin

Mentor
Terrapins said:
I don't see the double standard at all. Marshawn Lynch actually PLAYED TAILBACK, and has a ridiculous body of work in a strong Pac-10 conference from which they can utilize to judge him as a tailback. He logged 8.8 yards per carry his freshman year, 6.4 per his sophomore year, and 6.1 his junior. He had 2,600 rushing yards his last 2 years. His 4.49 was just a cherry atop his collegiate stats.

Brian Leonard PLAYED FULLBACK in a weak Big East conference. That's why they CALL HIM A FULLBACK. His simply being a board favorite doesn't make him a proven commodity at tail, and worthy of risking a high draft pick on him. His only having 423 yards last year (106 of which were in one game), and at only 4.5 per, meant he had to blow people away today to get a chance at tail.

But they also ignore his intent to play tailback. Leonard went public with this over a month ago. Why would they call him something he doesn't want to be? Sounds rude. Anyway take your numbers and cram it. If Brian Leonard had Brian Leonard as a FB, Rutgers may have beaten WVU and been national champs. But a black tail had to be recruited, and the white had to block. These are the rules. Were there any other black tails that this happened to?

If you had half a brain, you would realize that Leonard's numbers are impressive if you include his receiving yards. However, you are a schwarzen swine troll whose great, great, great grandmother spawned Tony Romo.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Essentially, the argument breaks down this way:

Two guys who want to play tailback run down the field in a 40 yard dash, one black, the other white.

They both run the exact same time.

The black player is described as a fast, potentially great tailback.

The white player is told to bulk up and play fullback, he isn't quite fast enough to play tailback, although he might make a good 'change of pace back.'

Completely different opinions of two guys who ran the exact same time in the 40 yard dash, being evaluated solely on their speed. The only difference is the color of their skin.

Where's Martin Luther King and his "I have a dream" speech when you need him.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hey Terrapin, talk to Mike Hass about putting up ridiculous numbers in the PAC-10 and having a much more impressive body of work at WR than Lynch had at RB and tell me why Hass was drafted in the 6th and subsequently cut while Lynch is touted as a sure fire first round pick.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan said:
Hey Terrapin, talk to Mike Hass about putting up ridiculous numbers in the PAC-10 and having a much more impressive body of work at WR than Lynch had at RB and tell me why Hass was drafted in the 6th and subsequently cut while Lynch is touted as a sure fire first round pick.

Don't waste your time Leondardfan, this is probably the same guy as Tarheel. This point has been made time and again. He's a sad anti-white black jock sniffer.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
jaxvid said:
Leonardfan said:
Don't waste your time Leondardfan, this is probably the same guy as Tarheel. This point has been made time and again. He's a sad anti-white black jock sniffer.

Yes, it is. He and a fellow black supremacist have both been trolling here of late. I knew Terrapins wouldn't be able to contain himself much longer as he had been on the board all day.
smiley36.gif

Let me explain it to you once again -- this is a troll free board. You will never, repeat never, be able to post on this board. You can register under a thousand different user names and you will be banned each time.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I was going to post something on this thread but I waited so that Don or someone could delete his idiotic post. His buddy 'caste doubt' is still posting here somewhere.

White Shogun said:
Where's Martin Luther King and his "I have a dream" speech when you need him.

He's rotting in his lowly grave where he belongs, like the Communist, anti-White, prostitute-abusing piece of filth that he is.
smiley4.gif

Also, from all the posts I've been reading, I see the trolls have once again come out of hiding. I figured they would, considering today's NFL combine and all. I honestly thought the trolls would have been worse in both their actual numbers and bullsh*t. But surprisingly, there were only a few of them that actually came out from whatever rocks they were hiding under.

rajuncajun

Guru
I watched in disgust as Vermeil and Faulk almost in contempt with their laughter discussed Brian Leonard and his desire to play tailback in the league. It was sick! Faulk should have just come out and said what he was thinking "their ain't no white boy gonna play tailback in the league, even if he does run a Fo-Fo nine". The kid SHOULD be the talk of the combine with his bench, vertical and very impressive 2 40 times. I hope that somebody gives him a shot in the first two rounds so that he goes to camp as a real threat to making a team at his natural position, not the caste system's.

First time poster in Texas!

KG2422

Mentor
Lot of trolling around here lately. You'd think they'd have Vick bobblehead dolls to worship or something.
Edited by: KG2422

nhl411

Guru
wow gsot i just noticed youre one of the few other people on nfldraftcountdown.com whos always defending leonard and other white playes

patriot

Guru
leonard ranked sevens amon running back, but 3 in the 60 shuttle. also zabransky ran a 4.5 tops among qbs.