class of 2013

Tyler Fox is black.
I stand corrected. He looked Caucasian American on his highlight video. On another subject; Neptune, NJ wr Geoff Fairbanks just pole vaulted almost 17 feet a month ago. That is very impressive for a guy with deceptive speed. He must of not taken his lunch pail with him down the track.:laugh:

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Not sure if he's been mentioned but 6'1" safety Alex Brignoni will be heading to Arkansas. He's a local productive of Fayettville. One to look out for in the future. He'll join teammates in high school and now college, linebacker Brooks Ellis. 6'2" 215 with a 4.6 40. Absolute beast and future NFL player. Arkansas may become worth watching.

As far SEC goes, LSU finally landed a white recruit, Ethan Pocic, one of the top rated in the country. Possibly a future 1st or 2nd rounder. Aside from that they signed TE Logan Stokes from a CC in Mississippi and QB Hayden Rettig from Los Angeles. I looked over their list of offers and all the whites they went after signed elsewhere. So it looks like 3 whites for the LSU class of 2013. A 2 man improvement over last year......:doh:

Last edited:

Highlander

Mentor
"Athlete" Nathan Gerry commits to Nebraska. He played Safety and WR in high school and seems to be slated for Safety at the next level.

Listed as a 3-star prospect (but should've been a 4-star for reasons we are all too familiar with.)

6'2" 206lbs 4.42/40

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nathan-Gerry-136354
Nice find Highlander. I hope he plays safety or maybe even corner ( yeah right ) as he is a great wide receiver but with Jordan Westerkamp coming in and Nebraska's pension to run the ball I don't want to see his talents as a wr under utilized.

Also Zach Challingsworth who committed to Toledo has now decommitted and now has a verbal to Pittsburgh which is known for producing NFL receivers and this is the better move by him to showcase his talents.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Good work Deadlift. River Cracraft who I have been hyping for a while has signed with Washington State. I hope he is not under utilized like Gino Simone has been the last 3 years.
In a strange one. Quarterback , Tommy Fuellen ( spelling ? ) from Frankfort , Illinois has committed to Northern Illinois as a wide receiver. There is a video of him running an electronic 4.44 forty but it is on an indoor track. He is 6'3 " and 180 lbs. but his wr highlights are non-existent as he played soley qb last year. At least one more to root for.:becky:

Another weird one. I saw this kid about 6 months ago listed on Rivals but he listed his only school as Cornell. He is Lorenzo Fertitta listed on Rivals as a 5'9" 155 lb running back. He plays for powerhouse Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas. Little be known: his father is apparently the CEO of Zuffa which runs a lot of the MMA fights out of Vegas. There are absolutely no highlight videos of this kid but I guess he has grown a little as he is now 5'11" and 185 pounds and has been offered to play Corner back at UNLV. I can't recall UNLV offering any defensive back in the last 20 years or so. I wonder if this has something to do with his father's status or some type of booster payback. Anyway it will be nice to have another white corner being offered. We are up to 3 I believe.

2 more with offers from the state of Colorado is their second highest rated rb in , Eric Williams. He is 5'11" 190 pounds and probably could put on 15 more. He is not a 4.4 guy but he has a McGuffiesque quality to make people miss in the open field. He has offers from Colorado State and South Dakota State. Lets hope he chooses the former.
Tanner Gentry a 6'3" defensive back has chosen Wyoming. He is listed as a safety but of Facebook there is talk of trying him out at corner first because apparently he moves very well for someone his size. I hope its corner.

The more I watch this kid, Tanner Gentry, he could be the next coming of Dustin Fox. Maybe not the overall athleticism but his highlights at corner are excellent and he has many. He has some nice timing and has a real burst breaking on the ball. Being 6'3" may come to his advantage but in a caste world people see a tall white db and hes automatically a safety.

Another white corner starting to pick up some recruiting steam is Matt Sisco from Greenwood, Arkansas. He is 5'11" and 175 pounds. His HUDL video is impressive as he is certainly very fast and is a great tackler but he is kind of gangly. He might be more about 162 lbs. or so. Rivals has him running a 4.4 and his HUDL video has him at 4.37. He is probably more like a 4.51-4.55 guy which is still excellent.
His teammate , Drew Morgan has signed with Ark. State as a wr/cb but projects as a wr unfortunately is the caste world.
Sisco only lists State on his list of schools but State just signed two black corners so I don't know if they will offer. This kid is good enough to play elsewhere though. Possibly Houston or SMU.

Great news on Caleb Hopkins the smallish yet very fast and quick cutter rb from Tennessee. He was told by more than one head recruiter if he can put on 15 pounds and maintain his speed they will offer him the first game this fall. This is coming from schools like Tennessee, Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

There is another wr/db out of Torrance, Cali. making some noise. His name is Mike Jurado. This kid is the real deal. He is fast, fluid and really looks like a man among boys on the field. He was recently at a defensive back camp ( which was dominated by cb Dan Fadelli last year ) and took top honors against some 4 star alleged athletes. Former UCLA safety, Matt Ware, who runs the camp said he is Division 1 level material right now. This kid is a really fast polished wr but since we have so few corners I would love to seehim stay there. He has an offer from Youngstown State but this kid is REALLY explosive. He will play in the PAC 12 somewhere.

Two more to watch in the future are rb Jarek Hilgers from Arizona and class of 2014 corner Ryan Severson. I have seen Hilger's name before but never looked him up because I assumed he was black. He is clearly not. He is a 6'0" 200 lb. rb that already has offers from San Diego State and Air Force. The kid can fly but the problem with evaluating some athletes from the rb position is that the coaches only give him straight ahead dives where they never get a chance to run to the corner. Hilgers looks like a rumblin , stumblin Fullback because of the stupid plays the coach keeps caling. Once he gets past the linebackers there are numerous shots of him outrunning corners and safeties, mostly black in for a touchdown. The kid ran a 4.63 40 at a combine in Oakland last month but what was really impressive he had a 42 inch vertical jump. I hope he does not go to Air Force and become that 215 lb. Fullback type. The kid is talented but if he wants to go somewhere as a rb and not a smallish fb his coach better wake up. Seversom is going to be a junior corner out of California. His highlights are unimpressive but at the Oakland combine he ran the fastest 40 in 4.49 and the kid is only a SOPHOMORE once again. Its amazing how al of our athletes show superior physical skills at these combines and are still lightly recruited. Im waiting for rb, Parker Davis , from Kansas to start getting some love. The kid is incredible.

3 more wr updates. Florida wr Matt Riley has an offer from Temple, Tanner Shipley from Oregon has an offer from Oregon State among a few, and Wahington Receiver Jake Hoffman has an 2 d1 offers.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here's a couple of high rated Big 10 LB commits.

Josh Banderas, Nebraska - Rival's Profile This kid could get bumped up to 5 star! Nebraska is really high on him.

Jon Reschke, Michigan State - Rival's Profile Michigan State really likes Reschke as well.

Look for these two to be dominating the Big 10 soon!

Also, OLB Chans Cox committed to Arizona State as well.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Defensive back John Schilleci from Texas has verbally committed to North Texas as a safety but possibly as a corner back since IMO he is more than qualified.

4 more wide receivers verbally committing are 3 star Florida wr, Zach Bradshaw to Penn State, Hayden Weichers and Tanner Shipley to BYU and virtually unknown Clark Quesenbery from Alabama is going to Troy.

2 more D 1 commits are PArker Davis from the state of Kansas is specifically going to play rb or sb for Air Force.

Dan Monteroso the 6'3" leaping wr is going to be going to Boston College.:clap2:

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Class of 2014 linebacker Greer Martini has already committed to Notre Dame. 2013 LB Alex Anzalone will decide between ND, Penn St. and Florida soon.

referendum

Mentor
Tommy Fuessel has committed to Northern Illinois, he's listed as WR by scout, athlete by rivals. Also WR Chad Beebe has committed to Northern Illinois, but the photos of him are unclear, is Don Beebe's son mixed?

referendum

Mentor
Oops, didn't see KS's list of overall white WR's, and yes I did find a better photo of Chad Beebe showing he's all white. Hopefully the white WR list this year surpasses last years.

TwentyTwo

Master
Saying this again...there seems to be an uptick in LBers in 13' ...was it that All-Rookie Class of Laurinaitis, Cushing & Matthews...that possibly ignited this??

Two more LB Commitments...

Michael Deeb (FL) to Notre Dame
Jordan Mastrogiovanni (TX) to Oklahoma