class of 2013

Anthony Lauro a rb prospect I have mentioned earlier is choosing Purdue or so he has told me through Facebook. I have had conversations with Cam McDaniel, Hunter Furr and Brandon Bourbon to mention a few and Lauro actually seems to be racially aware telling the coaching staff he wants to play rb and not the " Welker ". A racially aware white athlete. Pretty impressive.

Brandon Monroe, a 6'0" 195 lb. running back from Del Oro High School in California has been offered to play rb at Fresno State. HIs highlights are impressive as he cuts quickly but he definitely lacks a second gear. Scout has him running a 4.64 forty and they might be right. He is also a very good linebacker but according to Facebook they want him as a rb. The kid is good but I don't know if he is D1 starter good. I hope this one pans out.

Dan Monteroso, a 6'3" 180 lb. wr from Saint Clairsville , Ohio has offers from Boston College and Iowa among a few. He allegedly has a 41 inch vertical leap but it looks like more around 34 " in his basketball videos. He is a fast long strider on the gridiron though and will probably be starting by his sophomore year for some team

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for the head's up with the skill players...some intriguing prospects!

Some Linebackers to keep an eye on....I could have a U.S. HS All-Star Team with these 4 players starting and match them up against any others in the country!

OLB-Chans Cox 6'-3" 220 (4.53) (AZ) Offers from USC, Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc...
ILB-Ben Gedeon 6'-3" 215 (OH) Committed to Michigan
ILB-Walker Jones 6'-3" 230 (TN) Offers ... Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc...
OLB-Alex Anzalone 6'-3" 220..the next great LBer from Pennsylvania was seen recently running down RB's(a RB himself) at the Nike Camp in Baltimore. De-committed from Ohio State...has offers from Bama, Florida, Florida State, Boston College, Florida State, Oklahoma, etc...

Others to watch...(make that 5)
OLB-Mike Mitchell (TX) 6'-4" 215(4.55) could probably grow into the next Brandon Jacobs...

ILB-Ryne Rankin 6'-1 231 (FL) Committed to Georgia
Ford Howell 6'-2" 226 (TN) Committed to N.C. State
Ben Boulware 6'-2" 225 (SC) Committed to Clemson
Michael Deeb 6'-2" 237 (FL) Offered...Notre Dame,Penn St, Boise St...but still no Florida schools
Cameron Kohl 6'-1 224 (OH)
Jordan Mastrogiovanni 6'-3" 225 (TX) Offered...LSU, Notre Dame, TxA&M,etc...
Nick Ramirez 6'-1 228 (MO) Committed to Missouri
D.J. Green 6'-2" 215 (4.7) (TX) Committed to Baylor
John Kenney 6'-2" 210 (4.6) Committed to Iowa

Ty Slanina has chosen TCU to play football. He will probably wind up in a Matt Christian wr/rb role and I wouldint be surprised if he returns kicks and punts next year.

referendum

Mentor
I saw that John Tsimis just committed to Rutgers, a WR from New Jersey. Different photos of him give a different indication of his ethnicity. In some he looks Greek (I'm guessing Tsimis is a Greek name), in others a little further South of the area.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure if running back Brendan Douglas has been mentioned in this thread, but if he has been, I'm confident that links weren't provided:

1063477.jpg

http://georgiatech.scout.com/a.z?s=140&p=8&c=1&nid=6195911

Highlight video: http://247sports.com/Player/Brendan-Douglas-20257/Videos/Brendan-Douglas-468978

Colin Spencer , the SPARQ combines third highest scorer ever is going to play corner back at Kansas. There is no way this kid is a safety or wr. :decision: Score one for Charlie Weiss. At least Brandon Bourbon still has a small chance to shine. He should be second string for game 1 this year as rb James Sims is suspended for the opener.

Highlander

Mentor
Colin Spencer , the SPARQ combines third highest scorer ever is going to play corner back at Kansas. There is no way this kid is a safety or wr. :decision: Score one for Charlie Weiss. At least Brandon Bourbon still has a small chance to shine. He should be second string for game 1 this year as rb James Sims is suspended for the opener.
Great news. There's no way Gill would've given him a scholly. Kudos to Weiss. I know he's more than deserving of playing CB (like many other excellent White athletes coming out of high school are but never given the opportunity), and I would love watching him play that position, but anytime a receiver would catch a ball against him (no matter how well he was covered), the DWFs would be calling for his (black) replacement who wouldn't be held to anywhere near the same level of scrutiny.

Personally, I'd like to see him expose the opposing CB's with his superior athleticism by playing WR. He could be a starter for four years, smoking every CB he faced, and have a much better shot at playing in the NFL.

It's always "funny" to me how White receivers (when given the chance to play that position) have the athleticism to routinely beat black CB's, but somehow don't have the inverse athleticism to play CB against black (or White) receivers. If "all-of-a-sudden" a bunch of White WR's are routinely beating black CB's then maybe there will be a better chance, in the long run, of the "dam bursting" in the collective minds of coaches and fans that had been previously predisposed to the "blacks only" (racist) rule at the CB position.

white wide receiver commits to Tennessee:

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/jun/07/cak-receiver-josh-smith-commits-tennessee/

The kid was basically unknown until he blew up at the Nike combine in Atlanta, posting the 12th highest SPARQ out of 1000+ participants.

Here's his website with some highlights:

http://joshwsmith.com/

My impressions...this kid has great agility and elusiveness in the open field. As far as speed, I think it's decent but not elite, although it's hard to tell since the highlights are all at ground level. He's an incredible leaper, though, more than a few times he leaps clear over standing defenders! It's pretty spectacular, even though he ends up getting tackled anyway because a defender is able to snag his leg while he's in the air.

On the negative side, he looks like a pretty lousy route runner. That can be fixed in time.

Congrats to Josh Smith and good luck.

white wide receiver commits to Tennessee:

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/jun/07/cak-receiver-josh-smith-commits-tennessee/

The kid was basically unknown until he blew up at the Nike combine in Atlanta, posting the 12th highest SPARQ out of 1000+ participants.

Here's his website with some highlights:

http://joshwsmith.com/

My impressions...this kid has great agility and elusiveness in the open field. As far as speed, I think it's decent but not elite, although it's hard to tell since the highlights are all at ground level. He's an incredible leaper, though, more than a few times he leaps clear over standing defenders! It's pretty spectacular, even though he ends up getting tackled anyway because a defender is able to snag his leg while he's in the air. Darn you beat me to it. Another wr getting serious offers is Geoff Fairbanks out what I believe is some small school out of New Jersey.

On the negative side, he looks like a pretty lousy route runner. That can be fixed in time.

Congrats to Josh Smith and good luck.
Good find. I just found him yesterday. Another wr from NJ is getting serious attention is speedster Geoff Fairbanks. The kid is impressive.

Some updates on players mentioned in this forum. Greenwood , Arkansas wr/cb , Drew Morgan has verbally agreed with Arkansas State. He is very athletic and shifty and would make a great corner back but probably will wind up at wr.
Caleb Coleman, a tall fast wr from Berkely California , has his stock soaring and now has an offer from Fresno State among a few. More in a minute.

3 more wr's gettign attention are Florida's Matt Riley, Arizona's Kyle Gladstone and Utah's Talon Shumway. Gladstone and Riley do not have any offers as of yet but they are both very good on video along with being tall AND fast. Shumway is tall , fast and super athletic. He has committed to BYU. If someone could post his 2011 highlights there is a shot of him in the second minute running toward the end zone and he literally does a front back flip over the tackler and lands in the zone on his feet. Its really spectacular.

Two more wr's getting offers are 6'1" 185 lb speedster , Macan Wilson out of Houston, Texas. He has chosen Northwestern. He reminds me of a little faster Jeremy Ebert.
I mentioned River Cracraft out of California earlier. He is not a burner but is very elusive and now has an offer from Washington State. He reminds me of Parker Barrineau who has walked on to Alabama. Its funny because Alabama already has him listed as a sophomore squad member and he has not even graduated from high school yet. I still think Barrineau is going to tear it up at the next level. The kid is going to be an NFl pick someday. I think Alabama asked him to walk on to save a scholarship because he comes from a wealthy family.

On the corner back front. Luke Worden a 5'10" corner prospect from Scottsbluff , Nebraska is close to getting an offer from Nebraska U. He has 10.75 100 meter speed and his highlights are pretty good. I would assume with Nebraska's track record they will ask him to walk on ( though they are supposed to offer )which is why he will probably wind up at South Dakota, his other college choice.
Corner back, John Schilecci from Texas has an offer from Washington State but now his coach is moving him to safety this year because a number of D 1 schools said they might offer him if he changes position. Utter BS as usual. I have seen the kids highlights. He is a great corner on a mostly black team that plays big time Texas football. He has been timed at 4.4 and has very good ball skills. Just more whitey self hatred.

Not much on the white rb front other than big and speedy Justin Webster from Texas has offers from Air Force and Texas state as a rb and New Mexico wants him to play outside linebacker.

Rivals has a strange recruit mentioned. He is Taylor Thompson from East Valley High in California. They have him running a 4.2 forty yard dash though I cannot find out where this allegedly happened. He was injured most of last year and his highlight tapes are not impressive but he does seem to be pretty fast. He has no schools listed but maybe one to watch for this fall.

Pennsylvania wr Zach Challingsworth who I have hyped in the past has committed to Toledo. This kid is tall, fast and an excellent overall athlete.
Another wr with 4.49 ( but looks like high 4.5 at best ) is New Jersey's Tim Valangel. He lists a lot of small schools but is being recruited by some MAC schools as well.
It looks like Texas rb, Justin Webster is about to sign with Iowa State as a rb. :bigsmile: This kid is not big enough to play linebacker for New Mexico so it will be nice to see him at Iowa State as he is kind of a combination of Jeff Woody and Beau Blankenship.

Chad Beebe (son of Don Beebe!!!) has commited to NIU.

Seems like we have quite a few "legacy" players this year. Tanner Shipley is related to the Shipley brothers of Texas, Chad Beebe, and the brother of Tyler Grisham, Drake.

Here's the wide receiver commits so far (Guys who might be playing running back have an 'RB' in parenthesis):

Jake Oliver - Texas
Dylan Cantrell - Texas Tech
Ryan Switzer - North Carolina (RB)
Ty Slanina - TCU
John Tsimis - Rutgers
Wyatt Shallman - Michigan (RB)
Justin Webster Iowa St (RB)
Austin Niswander - Toledo
Talon Shumway - BYU Does a flip into the end zone!
Harrison Handley - BYU
Alex Brown - Navy
Ben Oberste - Tulsa
Drake Grisham (Tyler Grisham's brother) Clemson
Josh Smith - Tennessee
Macan Wilson - Northwestern
River Cracraft - Washington State
Drew Morgan - Arkansas state
Zach challingsworth - Pitt
Isaac Griffith - Indiana
Chad Beebe - N. Illinois
Tommy Fuessel - N. Illinois
Jared Murphy - Miami (OH)
Zach Bradshaw - Penn St
John Strauser - Purdue
Hayden Weichers - BYU
Tanner Shipley - BYU
Clark Quisenberry - Troy
Dan Monteroso - Boston College
Trent Taylor - LA Tech
Tanner Gentry - Wyoming (S)

Here are the guys that are sitting on FBS offers:
Jake Roh (Arizona, Duke Oregon st)
Devon Allen (Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska)
Drew Wolitarsky (Arizona, Nevada)
Drake Martinez(Nebraska) (RB)
Charlie Callinan (Boston College, Rutgers)
Caleb Coleman (Cal, Fresno State)
Nate Emminger (Ball State)
Zach Benjamin (UMass, Toledo)
Mitch Stultz (Air Force)
Nick Uruburu (Florida Atlantic) (RB)
Brendan Douglas (RB) (Georgia Tech)
Billy Aaron (Pitt) (RB)
Chase Dutra (Western Michigan)
Matt Riley(Temple)
Kyle Aubuchon (Wyoming)
Blake Rowlinson (Troy)
Evan Osborne (Arkansas St) (RB)

some highly regarded guys that don't have an FBS offer yet:

Anthony Warrum
Austin Baird
A.J. Holman
Andrew Reinkemeyer
Jack Wangler

Last edited:
Excellent job KS. I think Wyatt Shallman is going to Michigan as a defensive end though. Also Nick Uruburu will never play rb as he is just to skinny. He may play some wr for some school but he his probably going to find his niche in the 400 meters in track.

Excellent job KS. I think Wyatt Shallman is going to Michigan as a defensive end though. Also Nick Uruburu will never play rb as he is just to skinny. He may play some wr for some school but he his probably going to find his niche in the 400 meters in track.

I agree that Stallman is probably going to end up as a DE, but I guess I added him for the sake of completeness.