class of 2013

Colin Spencer, a 5'10" corner back out of Woodrow Wilson High in Dallas, Texas has no offers as of yet but he might be the best athlete of anyone in the class of 2013. He has run a 4.42 forty, has a 41 inch vertical and runs a 3.86 pro shuttle. He also is talented on the field. How this does not translate to being a top 10 corner prospect is beyond me except for the color of his skin.
Spencer also recorded the third highest SPARQ rating of all time against another 1000 potential recruits in Texas recently. Another top SPARQ performer was Dodge City, Kansas rb, Parker Davis. Hes a very quick cutting rb who can break tackles and run with power. I wouldint be surprised if he got an offer from Kansas State.

Highlander

Mentor
Spencer also recorded the third highest SPARQ rating of all time against another 1000 potential recruits in Texas recently. Another top SPARQ performer was Dodge City, Kansas rb, Parker Davis. Hes a very quick cutting rb who can break tackles and run with power. I wouldint be surprised if he got an offer from Kansas State.
While checking out this prospect, I saw another "SPARQ Honorable Mention" recruit (DE) who already has many offers. Scout gives him four stars and Rivals three.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Christian-Lacouture-122534

While checking out this prospect, I saw another "SPARQ Honorable Mention" recruit (DE) who already has many offers. Scout gives him four stars and Rivals three.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Christian-Lacouture-122534
Yes Highlander, this guy looks very good. In the 8th spot at the Houston SPARQ combine was another white cb in Carter Odenweller. He ran a 4.53 forty, a 4.1 shuttle and a 35 inch vertical. His video highlights are limited so as good as an athlete as he is, I can't see if he can actually play corner. Time will tell. I'm hoping Spencer's performance will open some eyes like McGuffie's did but in reality not much has changed.

2 more class of 2013 rbs to watch out for are Oklahoma's Jake Gandara and Ohio's Heath Harding. Harding is a 5'10" , 190 lb rb with solid 4.5 speed. He looks very good on tape and recently dominated the Massillon, Ohio SPARQ combine. Gandara is listed at 5'9" and 185 lbs. but he looks smaller and unfortunately he dosen't look to have top end speed and though he cuts well but a little tight like Mike Trumpy does from Noethwestern. He is probably a fringe D 1 player at best. Harding should be at a MAC school or a second stringer in the Big 10.

2 more class of 2013 rbs to watch out for are Oklahoma's Jake Gandara and Ohio's Heath Harding. Harding is a 5'10" , 190 lb rb with solid 4.5 speed. He looks very good on tape and recently dominated the Massillon, Ohio SPARQ combine. Gandara is listed at 5'9" and 185 lbs. but he looks smaller and unfortunately he dosen't look to have top end speed and though he cuts well but a little tight like Mike Trumpy does from Noethwestern. He is probably a fringe D 1 player at best. Harding should be at a MAC school or a second stringer in the Big 10.
Also speaking of SPARQ combines, a 5'11" wr from Saint Cloud High School in Florida, Jordan Reus recently took 2nd at the Orlando SPARQ combine with the fastest forty in 4.53 and a 3.9 shuttle and a 38 inch vertical. His tapes are pretty good but being white with those kind of credentials can get you " whitelisted " as he is not even listed on Rivals or Scout yet.

Drew Morgan, a 6'0" wr/db prospect from Greenwood , Arkansas has early interest from Arkansas as a wr. He is supposed to have 4.49 speed. Though I doubt it he is definitely fast and runs well after the catch. He played corner last year and olb but I think he would make a great free safety as he is great in run support and obviously has the athleticism to cover deep.

Brendan Douglas, a 6'0" rb/ath prospect from Augusta , Georgia aleady has an offer from Georgia Tech. He is not quick to the line but he is tough, hard to break down and has a second gear in the open field. He can cut but its average at best. It seems like UCLA and Georgia Tech like to recruit white rbs and convert them as they did with Dean Laskey last year ( GT ) and almost gave rb, Adam Davenport an offer but he wound up signing with Navy. I assume if Douglas signs with GT he will be moved to full back though he looks like a quality D 1 rb to me.

This guy isin't on any recruiting sites as of yet but, Risley Lesko, a 5'9" 180 lb rb from Mercer Island High School in Washington is one to look for. I hate to compare him to other Caucasian players but he looks like a cross between Woodhead and Steve Manfro. He is very fast but extremely shifty. If people or DWFs complain about whites having stiff hips, watch this kid run. He isint very big but he can accelerate and can juke with the best of them. He will probably wind up at Portland State or a smaller school.

Jake Roh, 6'3" wr prospect from State Champion Chapparal out of Arizona has 4 offers including Arizona State and Oregon State. Hes not a burner but he could be a very good semi-long range weapon as he runs great rounts and is very quick for his size. Scout has him in their top 70 wr's and he is listed as a 3 star athlete by Rivals.
His older brother is Craig Roh the starting Defensive End for Michigan who should be drafted next year though Michigan has not offered.

Last edited:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Tight end - Durham Smythe - has verbaled to Texas. He was highly-recruited.. http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...ythe-133181;_ylt=ApSrLCihSvOAjJQuy0x1v.tIPZB4

Here's a pair of defensive end teammates, Jay Arnold and Jordan Points, from Rockwall-Heath high school in Texas. http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...nold-125648;_ylt=AlhNNyVzXrqUYLEl96.0YBlIPZB4
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...ints-116631;_ylt=AshMvqtqDLgiTsL5Hzl4d3xIPZB4

DT - Cullen Casey (from NY) - is carrying a bit of fat but he has a good frame to work with. http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...asey-131487;_ylt=Au4kiG2BjWdwvDunD1s8WdVIPZB4

John Schilleci, a 6'0" 190 lb corner back from Denton, Texas has an offer from Washington State. Some sources say they want him as a free safety but I don't see it. He plays corner back on a very black team that historically sends 3 or 4 players to Division 1 football every year. This kid is fast and very good in coverage. Hes not really muscular but he just looks like Colonel Kilgore in " Apocalypse Now ". You just know he isin't going to get a scratch. He just throws his body around on his HUDL video and he plays with no fear. Some sources says he runs a 4.3. Hes not even on Scout or Rivals and plays on a mostly black team that produces D 1 talent. Hes got to be a keeper. I guess we might get 10 to 12 corners recruited this year. We will see.

A.J. Holman and Austin Baird are 2 more tall speedy wr's to look at down the road. Holman plays for Lutheran High School in Orange County, CA. He is getting serious attention from lots of schools mostly PAC 12 teams because he has told recruiters he wants to stay close to home. He is 6'2" and about 190 lbs. He is fast and good in the open field and really has that good body control you dont see in receivers at the high school level. My best guess is he will be playing for Stanford or Oregon.
Baird is a 6'0" 180 lb wr/db out of Oregon. He is pretty fast and was 2nd in the nation in punt return yards and 4 tds as a junior. He was named 2nd team all state wr and amazingly also a first team all state db. I haven't heard of something like that since Jordan Shipley out of Texas was also named first team corner back as well as wr 9 years ago. He dosen't have an offer but hes good enough to go somewhere.

Tanner Jacobsen, a 6'1 db from what I would like to argue as the most recruited white high school ever, South Lake Carroll, Texas is being sought after by Louisiana Tech and BYU. Tanner is the younger brother of soon to be possibly on an NFL team roster, McKay Jacobsen , the speedy but oft injured wr from BYU.
Louisiana Tech seems to be going after more whites at the skill positions of late with running backs Ray Holley and Hunter Lee ( they offered Air Forces true freshman this year, Adam Lane ) and with who I still think is going to be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick form now, true freshman wr, Grant Childress.
Jacobsen played free safety last year but he is being recruited as a corner which is refreshing. I hope he goes to Tech as BYU has been brutal to their white corners as of late. Kori Gaines, a white cb recruit transferred recently.

Alex Beidenharn, a 5'10" 175 lb. rb from Monroe , Louisiana is being recruited strictly by the U of L. Monroe right now. This kid is small but strong and very quick. As a number of other prospects I have listed this kid cuts very fast and smoothly. On his youtube video some drunk white fan commented that he was slow. Somebody replied, " 4.39 forty speed is slow ???? ". Rivals has him at 4.45 and he is fast but he is exceptionally agile and should at least get the local offer.

2 more tall wr's to look at are Zach Benjamin and Harrison Handley. Benjamin is a 6'4" wr from Tampa Catholic in Florida. Rivals has him listed as a 3 star recruit. To be honest and fair I don't see it. All his highlights showing running up the field and catching 8 yard passes. Someone must see something that I am not because 7th graders can do what he does and thats all 3 different videos show.
Handley on the other hand is 6'6" tall and about 200 lbs. He has already verbaled to BYU. He is listed to have only 4.70 speed but he looks faster but what stands out about him is he has really good lateral quickness after the initial catch. He does have the frame to add on pounds but he looks like an incredible athlete for someone his size. Lets hope he isint forced to bulk up like current BYU wr/te Marcus Matthews.

3 more corners garnering some early interest are Florida's Ryan Torzsa and Nick DelBezio and Utah's Kyle Tarter.
Torzsa is a 5'11" 185 pound prospect out of Florida with legit 4.50 speed and is getting some early attention from Southern Florida and UCF.
DelBezio plays safety and wr but has been offered to play corner by SMU already. The problem is he also is a strong baseball prospect and does not want to play 2 sports. I hope he goes to SMU and plays football obviously.
Tarter out of Salem , Utah is a home run hitter. He plays option QB and wr as well as corner and Scout has him listed at 6'1" with 4.39 speed. He probably isint that fast but the kid can fly. I will assume he will wind up at corner back for BYU, Utah or Utah State as he has the speed and really long arms which is ideal for corners nowadays.

Another very fast wr getting some attention is Caleb Coleman out of St. Mary's High School in Berkeley, California. He is 6'0" and 170 pounds. He only has an offer from Yale but Northwestern is going to offer him soon. Scout has his forty time at 4.47 and he looks every bit of it.
On a side note: super athletic wr Dylan Cantrell has chosen Texas Tech as his future destination. Tech is strange because they offered Texas athlete/wr Ty Slanina and he chose them and now he is not on their list anymore.

One more very talented rb/wr is Billy East out of Kingsburg , California. Hes listed as having 4.40 speed and its probably correct. He is a solid 5'10" and 185 pounds. This kids highlights are unreal. He is the total package but I just don't see how he will be at wr at the next level. He has speed, quickness , agility and great vision. If he were black he would be at the very least a top 15 rb. This kid is too good to pass on. He has 4 good D 1 schools listed and I would love to see Fresno State or San Diego State take a chance on him.

Last edited:
Chase Dutra a wr/ kr from small town Indiana is getting huge interest from Georgia Tech and Northwestern. He is 6'1" and fast. Watching people try and tackle him is like trying to swat a fly. He has the strangest elusivness yet can really cut and accelerates away from defenders in the open field. They say he has 4.52 speed but he looks like a mid 4.4 guy IMHO.
Dutra has been offered by Western Michigan but is being recruited by Iowa and thats his first choice apparently.

3 more Wr's in the class of 2013 that look pretty good are Tyler Fox, Issac Griffith and Zac Bradshaw.

Fox is a 5'11" 165 lb receiver out of Utah. This kid is a water bug and has chosen to play for Utah State. He should be returning kicks and punts at the very least.
Griffith is a 6'3" 205 lb. receiver from Fort Wayne, Indiana. He is very good in traffic and is good in the open field. He has 2 MAC offers and an offer from Wyoming.
Bradshaw is a 6'3" 210 lb. receiver from Damascus, Maryland. Damascus typically plays in the top division in the state. He has about 17 big time offers including Michigan and West Virginia. He looks like a slower Riley Cooper clone as he has great leaping ability and body control.

Nathan Gerry, a 6'2" wr prospect from Sioux Falls , South Dakota is getting some strong interest from Minnesota. He reportedly has run a 4.42 forty yard dash but since its South Dakota there is no video out there on him. I have been following recruiting online for 10 years now and I can't remember a D 1 school going after a skill position player in North or South Dakota. One to look out for.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ryan Switzer is supposed to be making his decision soon. He is an all state RB from WVU. He is looking at UNC, WVU and PSU currently.

I just wanted to bring up a kid from the 2014 class though he probably deserves his own thread. He is a cb/wr/qb/rb or a basic athlete. Rivals has him listed as a corner but he probably will unfortunately wind up as a wr. His name is Vic Wharton out of Nashville , Tennessee. He is 6'1" and 180 lbs. This kid is just a phenomenal football player. He might run in the 4.4 range but its hard to tell. Whats intriguing is that he has 4 SEC offers including Mississippi and Mississippi State. Other than next year's Ruan Switzer name one of our guys getting big time offers as a sophomore. Check out his youtube video. This kid is a monster.

Nathan Gerry, a 6'2" wr prospect from Sioux Falls , South Dakota is getting some strong interest from Minnesota. He reportedly has run a 4.42 forty yard dash but since its South Dakota there is no video out there on him. I have been following recruiting online for 10 years now and I can't remember a D 1 school going after a skill position player in North or South Dakota. One to look out for.
Gerry has been offered by Iowa!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer