2014 White Purge

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The White purge doesn't seem nearly as bad this year as previous years. Maybe there were less Whites in training camps to begin with, or perhaps there will be more White backups this year than usual. Certainly it doesn't appear as if there are going to be more White starters this year than last year. Maybe through injuries and arrests there will be more as the season goes on.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The White purge doesn't seem nearly as bad this year as previous years. Maybe there were less Whites in training camps to begin with, or perhaps there will be more White backups this year than usual. Certainly it doesn't appear as if there are going to be more White starters this year than last year. Maybe through injuries and arrests there will be more as the season goes on.

Yea it does not seem that bad this season. Not to sound like a broken record but in college football this year quotablacks are all over the place. They seem to be on almost every team. It's beyond ridiculous to think that all of the sudden whites can all of the sudden not play QB. So many of these caste whore coaches are recruiting and then benching white qbs behind less talented blacks.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
DT Chase Baker, TE Allen Reisner, TE Chase Ford all cut by the Vikings.

Weenie world surprised that Ponder is still on the Vikings:

Christian Ponder has made the Vikings 53-man roster.

In something of a surprise, the Vikings are hanging onto Ponder as their third quarterback behind Matt Cassel and Teddy Bridgewater. It probably has something to do with his $1.76M guaranteed salary. Having received almost no first-team reps this month, Ponder is certainly on the trade block if anyone wants to bite.

Not sure why Ponder is being totally written off. The Minnesota DWFs really hated him and never gave him a chance. I think he could develop into a good QB if given a shot. It is not like he played terrible. I look forward to the Vikings struggling with Sewerwater.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
DT Chase Baker, TE Allen Reisner, TE Chase Ford all cut by the Vikings.

Weenie world surprised that Ponder is still on the Vikings:

Christian Ponder has made the Vikings 53-man roster.

In something of a surprise, the Vikings are hanging onto Ponder as their third quarterback behind Matt Cassel and Teddy Bridgewater. It probably has something to do with his $1.76M guaranteed salary. Having received almost no first-team reps this month, Ponder is certainly on the trade block if anyone wants to bite.

Not sure why Ponder is being totally written off. The Minnesota DWFs really hated him and never gave him a chance. I think he could develop into a good QB if given a shot. It is not like he played terrible. I look forward to the Vikings struggling with Sewerwater.

Ponder is a good player who's had injury issues. He's always been able to produce on the field.

The way some of the delusional white fans act he's totally valueless, which is not the case. At the very least Ponder is a valuable backup and almost any team should want him.

Perhaps the Rams might be interested in Ponder.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ponder is a good player who's had injury issues. He's always been able to produce on the field.

The way some of the delusional white fans act he's totally valueless, which is not the case. At the very least Ponder is a valuable backup and almost any team should want him.

Perhaps the Rams might be interested in Ponder.

According to the media reports they are supposedly looking into Pryor as an option - media is trying hard to keep him in the league.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
According to the media reports they are supposedly looking into Pryor as an option - media is trying hard to keep him in the league.

Pryor? Pryor is terrible.

The Rams might as well forfeit if they end up depending on Pryor.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Any word on the Vikings cuts? Those cuts have the potential to be some of the worst.
Zach Line made the cut. The ESPN beat writer was hinting he would be cut due to a numbers game at fullback, since Jerome Felton was entrenched at the position and not many teams keep two fullbacks. Maybe he made the team as a true swing back(running back who plays tailback or fullback) like many White running backs were in the early 80's.

foobar75

Master
I only see 14 WRs, who am I missing? It's certainly a step back, (I don't have the numbers from last year), but I was hoping for a count in the 20-22 range:

Jordy Nelson
Eric Decker
Wes Welker
Riley Cooper
Brian Hartline
Julian Edelman
Danny Amendola
Griff Whalen
Jeff Janis
Cole Beasley
Dane Sanzenbacher
Brenton Bersin
Adam Thielen
Chris Hogan

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jeff Maehl also made the Eagles foobar. But yea their are easily 10 more WRs that should of made rosters.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I only see 14 WRs, who am I missing? It's certainly a step back, (I don't have the numbers from last year), but I was hoping for a count in the 20-22 range:

Jordy Nelson
Eric Decker
Wes Welker
Riley Cooper
Brian Hartline
Julian Edelman
Danny Amendola
Griff Whalen
Jeff Janis
Cole Beasley
Dane Sanzenbacher
Brenton Bersin
Adam Thielen
Chris Hogan

14 is an unacceptable number. There should be many more.

We should continue our efforts to enlighten white people about what is happening. We should do what we can to bring pressure on the NFL to stop discriminating against white people.

Upside

Mentor
1st round of notable cuts:

K - Jay Feeley
FB Shaun Chapas
LB - Austin Spitler
DE - Craig Roh
S -Craig Steltz
LB - Jordan Senn
WR - Ryan Whalen
WR - Conner Vernon
WR - Weston Dressler
WR - Erik Lora
DE - Jake Snyder
LB - Steele Devitto
LB - Jake Knott
DE - Joe Kruger
WR - Devon Wylie
FB- Zach Boren
WR - TJ Moe
LB - Pat Schiller
WR - Andy Tanner
S - Ty Zimmerman

7 Wide receivers! Unbelievable...

2nd wave of notable cuts:

OL Nate Potter
LB Pat Angerer - starting caliber
WR Jeremy Ebert
OLB John Simon
P Brian Moorman - thought he was one of the better punters in the league.
C Doug Legursky - starting caliber
FB Mike Zordich
OL Eben Britten - starting caliber
OL Robert Turner - didn't he start every game for the Bears last season?
T Will Svitek
RB Jordan Lynch
QB Connor Shaw
S Matt Johnson - poor guy just can't stay healthy.
S John Boyett
WR Kris Durham - easily a #2 WR. definitely one of the biggest surprise cuts.
WR Alex Gillett
LB Jake Doughty
S Tanner Miller
LB Max Bullough - will be a steal for the team that takes a chance on him.
WR Travis Labhart
S Jordan Kovacs - looked to be the 3rd Safety in MIA.
DE Jake Bequette
LB Dan Fox
LB AJ Edds
LB Garrett McIntire - starting caliber
LB Spencer Hadley
LB Tom Keiser - starting caliber
LB Chase Thomas - can't understand how he can not make a team.
S Ray Ventrone
OL Adam Snyder - starting caliber
T Eric Winston - starting caliber
FB Brad Smelley - staring caliber
K Connor Barth
FB Colin Mooney - starting caliber
WR Marc Mariani - thought he was doing pretty good. Not sure what happened.

Only a few surprise cuts, but still depressing; however, I'm pretty sure most of these guys will find another team.

16 defensive players!

Michael Campanaro WR from Wake Forest made the Ravens 53 man roster

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That makes 16 White receivers with Campanaro. Abbrederis likely would have made the Packers but I don't know if both he and Janis would have (one likely would have been stashed on the practice squad or picked up by another team).

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Is it worthwhile to track practice squads? If so, should we create a new thread or just update this one?

woody39

Mentor
Is it worthwhile to track practice squads? If so, should we create a new thread or just update this one?

Maybe just put them in this thread or if you like we could track them in a new one sorry this isnt helping lol. I'll help with either. Maybe a new one?

woody39

Mentor

Leonardfan

Is there anywhere where you can see the rumoured signings for all teams practice squads, the NFL and espn sites dont have anything because they aren't officially announced, the only way i seem to be able to find out about my team the pats for instance is via twitter feeds from beat reporters.

woody39

Mentor
Great stuff thanks Leonardfan. DO you want to do a tracker split 50/50 afc nfc or just comment on stuff that stands out??

Tannehill17

Mentor
Mallet traded to Texans.

You would think that the Bills would have traded for him considering the crap they have at quarterback. But then I remembered, they have a racist black GM and that Manuel is his guy and he will stick with him come hell or high water. I look forward to seeing that team implode.

Last edited:

woody39

Mentor
You would think the Bills would have traded for him considering the crap they have at quarterback. But then I remembered, they have a racist black GM and that Manuel is his guy and he will stick with him come hell or high water. I look forward to seeing that team implode.

They have signed Kyle Orton for $5 million one year deal, i think you could see Orton starting over Manuel once he has his head around the playbook. Fingers crossed.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Woody - AFC/NFC split sounds good to me.

Also just saw the Titans signed Kris Durham

woody39

Mentor
Cool, i'll set up a thread, good news on Kris Durham. They don't have much on the roster aside from a semi promising Hunter and 2012 first round pick Kendall Wright. Definite third receiver straight away on the depth chart i would imagine.