2014 White Purge

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The annual white purge is upon us. The eagles cut jake knott, joe Kruger and Blake annen

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Eagles had too many Whites on defense so some were bound to be cut. I hope at least Kruger can latch on somewhere else.

Does anyone know what happened to RB Beau Blankenship who was with the Jaguars? I'm assuming he was cut before the preseason games and will never be heard from again.

Upside

Mentor
Add Conner Vernon; cut from Detriot today. Will this man ever get a chance?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Was wondering the same about Blankenship.. Vernon is so damn underrated its criminal, but I knew he wouldn't have a chance with the Lions. Here's to hoping the real affletes get hurt so some of our guys can see the field.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I did a search on Blankenship and there's nothing since he was cut by Jacksonville in July. No being jerked around the fringes of the league for years and never getting a genuine opportunity; he's already disappeared into the NFL's Memory Hole apparently.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Was wondering the same about Blankenship.. Vernon is so damn underrated its criminal, but I knew he wouldn't have a chance with the Lions. Here's to hoping the real affletes get hurt so some of our guys can see the field.

The fact that Vernon hasn't been able to catch on with a team is proof positive that a caste system exists. Whites aren't supposed to play certain positions, such as wide receiver. Whites who play these positions don't get a fair shot.

There's no way Vernon isn't good enough to be at least a number 4 or 5 receiver in the league.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Long-time CFL receiving star Weston Dressler already cut by the receiving starved Chiefs.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Long-time CFL receiving star Weston Dressler already cut by the receiving starved Chiefs.

Dressler was way better than anybody they have. Teams just dont wanna win these days.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I gave up and basically stopped watching the nfl all together

Your attitude is understandable. I haven't watched one pre-season game, because the one I turned on I saw 18-19 black players on the field and instantly turned the channel. However, I will start watching some as the season progresses and rely on CF to let me know which white players to look for on each team.

Despite the injuries and the cutting of white players, there still are some guys to watch, Nelson, Woodhead, Gerhart, QB's etc.

....but like you I'm finding myself losing interest from year to year. There may be a time when I stop watching altogether myself.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Vikings purged Andy cruse, Erik Lora and Brandon bishop
I'd like to see Lora signed to the Patriots practice squad. He obviously has chemistry with Jimmy Garoppolo, who should be the starting quarterback in a few seasons. This would make so much sense so I'm sure it won't happen.

TwentyTwo

Master
Steltz had missed the offseason program and most of training camp because of offseason groin surgery....tried to come back vs Seahawks but was rusty...

The NFL is a brutal business...get hurt & that could be it.

Rumor has it the Bucs & Patriots mau be interested in signing Steltz.

DWF's in Chicago just thought Steltz was a liability in the passing game...wait til mid season when they are wanting to bench Danny McCray.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Your attitude is understandable. I haven't watched one pre-season game, because the one I turned on I saw 18-19 black players on the field and instantly turned the channel. However, I will start watching some as the season progresses and rely on CF to let me know which white players to look for on each team.

Despite the injuries and the cutting of white players, there still are some guys to watch, Nelson, Woodhead, Gerhart, QB's etc.

....but like you I'm finding myself losing interest from year to year. There may be a time when I stop watching altogether myself.

Ditto here. I don't anticipate watching but 1-2 games (tops) & that's mostly because my middle son enjoys it (he plays pee wee football). We still don't have TalmudVision, so we may catch a game or two with my Dad. If not for the interest of my son, I'd not watch a lick of it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Was just checking a site that ranked the top 100 defensive players for fantasy football purposes. 7 of the top 14 are white, or a very disproportionate 50% in a league where not much more than 10% of defensive starters are white.

Whites have to be far better than blacks just to jump through all the Caste System hoops and get an opportunity, which is why they often tend to be stars. This wasn't the case in the 1990s, when several prominent White busts were used (and of course still are) as justification for defenses to "naturally" be coal black. Now it's Whites who routinely excel and blacks who are often busts, but the popular perception of Whites as inferior football players has changed very little thanks to the propaganda of the system's media arm.

Upside

Mentor
1st round of notable cuts:

K - Jay Feeley
FB Shaun Chapas
LB - Austin Spitler
DE - Craig Roh
S -Craig Steltz
LB - Jordan Senn
WR - Ryan Whalen
WR - Conner Vernon
WR - Weston Dressler
WR - Erik Lora
DE - Jake Snyder
LB - Steele Devitto
LB - Jake Knott
DE - Joe Kruger
WR - Devon Wylie
FB- Zach Boren
WR - TJ Moe
LB - Pat Schiller
WR - Andy Tanner
S - Ty Zimmerman

7 Wide receivers! Unbelievable...

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I see that Panthers wide receiver Brenton Bersin survived the first round of cuts, while the Panthers cut four other wideouts, i think he has a very good chance of making the 53 man roster, especially with the state of the Panthers receiving corps.

Yes Edlemandola. Amazing this guy is getting a chance coming from a school, Wofford, that ran the ball 90% of the time with Eric Breitenstein! It helps that Panthers Owner, Jerry Richardson is a Wofford Alumni and Bersin is a Charlotte native.

With all that said Bersin should be in the NFL. His stats were excellent based on the number of times he caught the ball.

His career stats at Wofford:

Rec. 76, Yds. 1556, 20.5 yds/rec and 15 TD's. Every fifth time he touched the ball he scored!

I saw him live several times once burning Clemson DB's and many SOCON DB's as well! The SOCON during his time their was considered the best D-1AA Conference.

I hope he makes it!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Bad news: Colt Lyerla was cut by the Packers even though he was injured.

Good news: The Bills signed QB Jordan Palmer and cut Thad Lewis. Buffalo will have Tuel and Palmer waiting in the wings when Manuel fails or gets injured.

Unsurprising news: The Giants cut the only White cornerback who was on an NFL roster, Kyle Sebetic. I can't even recall him playing in any of the preseason games.