2014 White Purge

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Bad news: Colt Lyerla was cut by the Packers even though he was injured.
He was allowed to clear waivers on the waived/injured list and then resigned to the "reserved/injured" list, so as to not "count against their 90". From the NFL transaction register on 8/20:

• 8/20
    • Colt Lyerla (TE) Reserve/Injured from Waived/Injured; Not Against 90 (reserve/injured from waived/injured; not against 90).

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
He was allowed to clear waivers on the waived/injured list and then resigned to the "reserved/injured" list, so as to not "count against their 90". From the NFL transaction register on 8/20:

That means that the Packers saw enough of him to want him back in training camp next year. So Lyerla will get another opportunity.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lyerla was waived with an injury settlement today. The transaction mentioned above was from 8/20.

From Weenieworld today:

Packers waived TE Colt Lyerla with an injury settlement. Lyerla sees the open market after all. The Packers clearly weren't high on the UDFA out of Oregon after he showed next to nothing during camp. Lyerla is a plus athlete at 6'4/247 with 4.61 speed. But we wouldn't expect teams to come knocking down his door after Lyerla wasn't claimed off waivers the first time. Lyerla also isn't healthy after injuring multiple knee ligaments.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
More White wideouts get the axe.

Miami cut Ryan Spadola and TE Brett Brackett.
New England cut Wilson Van Hooser.

Spadola actually made the Jets last season outta camp. He had some great games in the preseason. He's a tall, big physical receiver with solid wheels. He's a deep threat. It's no wonder he's not wanted in the NFL.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wow wasn't aware that the imbecile rex Ryan even cut spadola. This thread exemplifies the anti white agenda now a days. The silentmajority continues to be ****ed over, while talking heads bitch there are not enough american blacks in baseball..

Tannehill17

Mentor

Miami cut TE Brett Brackett.

The Dolphins DWF's have been pushing for Gator Hoskins over Brackett because he has a cool sounding name and because he's black. Never mind the fact that Brackett outplayed him during the pre-season and has proven himself to be a reliable pass catcher, as well as a blocker. Hoskins was injured during most of camp but he clearly has "dat upside" With Arthur Lynch being put on injured reserve this season, it looks as if Miami is going to have a coal black contingent of tight ends. I just hope Lynch is able to bounce back next year because this is one sorry tight end corps.

MrPoon

Mentor
I can't for the life of me figure out why teams won't give Spadola a chance. The guy has great size, hands and speed. He ran a 4.3 in the combine for crying out loud! Apparently he was the star of preseason with teh Jets last year. If some black guy named Jamal or something had the same record and skills they'd be touted as some upcoming next thing at wide out. I am ready to stop watching the NFL, but my Eagles are entering a good period of time. Lots of white guys finally getting chances in Philly.

Miami cut Ryan Spadola and TE Brett Brackett.
New England cut Wilson Van Hooser.

Spadola actually made the Jets last season outta camp. He had some great games in the preseason. He's a tall, big physical receiver with solid wheels. He's a deep threat. It's no wonder he's not wanted in the NFL.

Upside

Mentor
I can't for the life of me figure out why teams won't give Spadola a chance. The guy has great size, hands and speed. He ran a 4.3 in the combine for crying out loud! Apparently he was the star of preseason with teh Jets last year. If some black guy named Jamal or something had the same record and skills they'd be touted as some upcoming next thing at wide out. I am ready to stop watching the NFL, but my Eagles are entering a good period of time. Lots of white guys finally getting chances in Philly.

Yeah, I agree. I really thought Spadola, Vernon, Swope, and Moe would at least be 2nd or 3rd WRs going into this year. Not a friggin one is on a team right now... I think there's still alot to look forward to this season, but it is getting ridiculous.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Teams have to cut down to 53 from 75 by tomorrow and the releases are just starting to trickle in.

The Falcons released LB Pat Angerer, which i find to be baffling. He is likely to be picked up by someone.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
FB Eric Kattani was given the heave-ho by the Jacksonville Jaguars from his caste-approved position of human battering ram.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
On the positive side, Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis was released, which makes it likely Rex Burkhead will stick even though he's going to miss the first month of the regular season with a knee injury.

And the Eagles put WR Arrelious Benn on IR and are reportedly trying to trade WR Damaris Johnson, which bodes very favorably for Jeff Maehl.

On the negative side, RB Jordan Lynch was released by the Bears. He may end up on their or someone else's practice squad.

WSTD14

Good news: The Bills signed QB Jordan Palmer and cut Thad Lewis. Buffalo will have Tuel and Palmer waiting in the wings when Manuel fails or gets injured.

His one game audition was probably the worst time for Palmer to sh*t the bed. Bills cut him after 3 days, and his career is probably over.

white is right

Hall of Famer
His one game audition was probably the worst time for Palmer to sh*t the bed. Bills cut him after 3 days, and his career is probably over.
The Bills coaching staff/management team did this with Matt Leinart. I think this shows a level of panic in the coaching staff when it comes to performance. A guy like Palmer isn't going to light up the field with a few days of practice with new receivers and a new playbook. Plus it's not like he ever lit up the field when he was familiar with the players and playbook. I can't see the waiver wire yielding much for the team unless somebody is cut for salary cap reasons. the local radio station has been suggesting Ponder could be picked up by the Bills if he is cut.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Bills coaching staff/management team did this with Matt Leinart. I think this shows a level of panic in the coaching staff when it comes to performance. A guy like Palmer isn't going to light up the field with a few days of practice with new receivers and a new playbook. Plus it's not like he ever lit up the field when he was familiar with the players and playbook. I can't see the waiver wire yielding much for the team unless somebody is cut for salary cap reasons. the local radio station has been suggesting Ponder could be picked up by the Bills if he is cut.

The Bills are inept from their front office to their coaching staff. They will be one of the worst teams in the league this year and the buffalo dwfs will only have their coal black team to blame for it.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Bills are inept from their front office to their coaching staff. They will be one of the worst teams in the league this year and the buffalo dwfs will only have their coal black team to blame for it.

The Bills are indeed inept. They had a bad GM and replaced him with an even worse "Affirmative Action" GM.

This year their new "AA" GM traded a first round pick in 2015 to move up 5 spaces in the first round to draft a wide receiver. He then traded an established wide receiver already on the roster.

He had an all black draft, ignoring white players who might help the team. He passed over superior white prospects to draft inferior black prospects.

For example, in the second round he drafted a black offensive tackle, Kouandjo, who did not test out well athletically and has knee problems. He passed over a white offensive tackle, Jack Mewhort, who tested out better athletically and does not have knee problems.

He also passed over good, white quarterback prospects such as Garoppolo, Savage and Mettenberger, when clearly the Bills should have addressed the position. Instead he is relying on a black quarterback who played badly last year and was frequently injured.

The Bills will likely be bad this year. The Bills are on the market. Maybe the new ownership will clean house and hire competent people.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
John Simon inexplicably cut by the Ravens

He should be highly sought after. Can't believe Bullough was cut and Eberts been jerked around since day 1. Even though hes 6ft 200lbs with 4.4 speed with great collegiate production.. He just doesnt have that extra gear of darkness!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
DT Matt Conrath has been cut by the Rams - more than likely he was the victim of the michael sam queer agenda...nvm Sam was cut as well:clap2:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Any word on the Vikings cuts? Those cuts have the potential to be some of the worst.

PamelaOC

Banned
...nvm Sam was cut as well:clap2:

Someone will probably pick him up to prevent a $500 million "homophobia" lawsuit against the league. I'm guessing the San Francisco 69ers.