2012 NFL Preseason

Pie

Guru
Only two whites on offense for the Jets?
I'm watching a stream so it was hard to tell.
It wasn't hard to hear the glee with which the annoucers pointed out Tebow on Punt Coverage, though.

Could you imagine seeing Vick being used on punt coverage, and what the response would be? :|

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yes not only is Tebow not at qb, he isn't even given a try at rb, while we see two of the leagues worst starting runningbacks go at it for 3 yards a clip, lawfirm and shonn greene, the speed and agility of slugs with the power of one too, well lawfirm has some power but not much. Brian Leonard definetly more talented than him at rb.

Riddlewire

Master
Could you imagine seeing Vick being used on punt coverage, and what the response would be? :|

I find it nearly impossible to fathom a quarterback who brought a left-for-dead team to the second round of the playoffs being used on punt coverage. This couldn't happen to ANY other quarterback in NFL history. But a wildly popular devout Christian in the Jew-owned NFL was absolutely unacceptable to TPTB, so Tebow was exiled to Hell.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Looking forward to the Arizona - KC game.

Last edited:

Riddlewire

Master
I love Hillis, but I won't be rooting for KC to stop any opposing offenses this season. They have zero whites on D.

Riddlewire

Master
I don't have the bandwidth to stream two games at once. Anybody know how Tebow did at QB for the Jets?

dwid

Hall of Famer
I don't have the bandwidth to stream two games at once. Anybody know how Tebow did at QB for the Jets?

he did well, had a few nice passes, one that the afflete dropped, did a lot with his legs, looks like hes wearing a ton of extra pads since he is on the punt team. Brian Leonard has gotten quite a few carries and looks good although the blocking hasn't been.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Brett Swain with the td reception from Alex Smith, so I am guessing he is first string now? because its still the first quarter there and the starters are in. Man this place is dead compared to past seasons, preseason used to get the most posts, being that the most Whites usually play during this time, I know a lot of them wind up getting screwed but its looking like things are getting better.

Riddlewire

Master
Man this place is dead compared to past seasons, preseason used to get the most posts, being that the most Whites usually play during this time, I know a lot of them wind up getting screwed but its looking like things are getting better.

Maybe a lot of members have daily sports fatigue due to the olympics.
Although I haven't found any of that worth watching. I did check out the women's field hockey match today. Those chicks might be really hot, but it's still just another "goal" sport. Essentially identical to soccer, which I find excruciatingly boring.

bigunreal

Mentor
Tebow winds up his night throwing a pass that looked like a pee wee league QB threw it. He guided a five yard duck to the obese turd Vontae Burfitt. Of all people....

Yeah, we won't see too many highlights of that, will we? So while Jordan Shipley, who is more talented than 90% of the WRs in this odious league, will be cut and presumably join Blair White at your local video store, the uber slow, criminally prone Burfitt will undoubtedly make the roster.

Except for fantasy football, there is absolutely no reason to pay attention to this league.

dwid

Hall of Famer
pee wee league qb? it was a good pass, nice spiral and straight to the receiver, it was a little low but Tebow likes to do that because its harder for the bigger defenders to get low, the guy made a good play and jumped in front of the receiver. Even Tebow said it just as I was typing this, he didn't think the guy was athletic enough to make a play on it.

It was a given he was going to make their roster, will he be any good? I doubt it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I only watch the NFL to root for its white players - any team allegiances I had left me 8-9 years ago when I first began to question the lack of white players and eventually discovering this site.

With that said I am happy to see guys like Hillis and Gerhart running the ball well. Tannehill has played well so far. I am hoping Gabbert bounces back from a shaky rookie year as well. Once all the games are complete I am going to check out the box scores.

dwid

Hall of Famer
well we saw 4 Whites get significant touches with the first team offenses. Hillis with the Chiefs, Gerhart with the Vikings, Woodhead with the Patriots and Leonard with the Bengals, 6 carries which led all White backs for carries, although the blocking wasn't too great. Tebow currently the leader of his team in rushing as well, but all scrambles. Gerhart had a nice 16 yard run but the announcer degraded him "hes the kind of runner when you need 5 yards, he'll get you 5 yards, when you need 10 yards, he'll get you 5 yards, we need to see more runs like that". In the limited times hes been allowed to carry the ball more than one or two times he has done exactly that.

For live games, I watch whatever game Hillis is in.

Tom Iron

Mentor
They're making a mistake letting Tebow on the field as much as they are (playing special teams as well). He's going to be on everybodies minds as time goes by and Sanchez stinks up the place. Unless something happens such as Tebow getting hurt, he'll be 1st String QB by the fifth game.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Tebow winds up his night throwing a pass that looked like a pee wee league QB threw it. He guided a five yard duck to the obese turd Vontae Burfitt. Of all people....

Yeah, we won't see too many highlights of that, will we? So while Jordan Shipley, who is more talented than 90% of the WRs in this odious league, will be cut and presumably join Blair White at your local video store, the uber slow, criminally prone Burfitt will undoubtedly make the roster.

Except for fantasy football, there is absolutely no reason to pay attention to this league.

Who says Shipley will be cut? He was very good last season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Who says Shipley will be cut? He was very good last season.

Shipley was on IR last season. You're thinking of his rookie year of 2010.

I've also read that he might be cut, supposedly because he's looked sluggish coming off his injury. Typical short leash for a White player, but it's only training camp filler at this point. So much of the media stuff this time of year is pure fluff -- mostly high praise for players but also worst case scenarios for others. And the corporate media "reporters" are such lazy herd animals that once a report, good or bad, appears on a player, they often mimic it to the point that it becomes accepted wisdom.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

I saw all of Tebows game yesterday at the bar as it was on one of the big screens. That is the kind of pull Tebow has, even in a market he has no connection to and opposite the opening game of the Lions pre-season and a marquee Tigers-Rangers match-up, a big screen was still reserved for the Jets-Cincy game. Why?

Clearly this private establishment understood that he is one of the few players that people are interested in watching. Probably both for and against. When you consider that the NFL most likely doesn't really care for Tebow and the odd circumstances of him going to NY after that near miracle season in Denver, it really makes you wonder.

The Jacksonville Jags are in danger of going broke (if it wasn't for the NFL revenue sharing) and have plenty of empty seats yet they have no interest in a guy who because of with his local connections would fill up the stadium. My how times have changed. The NFL is so successfully that it doesn't even need to care about the bad franchises, they have so much money they can just throw it at a losing team.

I remember the days when franchises would bring back players long past their prime just to try and remain profitable. Henry Aaron returned to Milwaukee (Brewers) to end his career, Babe Ruth was brought back to Boston (Braves), and Willie Mays to NY (Mets), in an attempt for those franchises to bolster attendance by bringing back an old favorite.

Yet here we have a young player in his prime and his hometown has shown no interest in going after him. That tells you how successful the NFL is.

Riddlewire

Master
I started out on the Jets game, but I switched to Kansas City as soon as that came on. So I didn't see Tim take any snaps from the QB position.
However, I did see one highlight of his this morning. I'm not sure if it was a designed QB keeper or Tim just saw a breakdown and took off quickly but he turned it into a long gain up the middle.
What stood out most to me, though, was how fast he looked. Much faster than I've ever seen him. He ran with the speed of a scatback. I think all the extra running he has done on special teams work has given him a significant boost in speed. I know we all want Tebow to replace Sanchez at QB, but the Jets are only hurting themselves by not giving him a try at tailback.

If anyone's wondering how Devon Wylie did last night, it was an auspicious debut as a punt returner and a decidedly inauspicious debut as a reciever.

He only returned one punt on the night, but it was a beaut, 32 yards plus a 15 yeard facemask penalty on Michael Floyd, who was just trying to grab onto whatever he could after Wylie faked him out down the field. Unfortunately though, he failed to grab a high pass early in the game which ended up bouncing off his hands and was intercepted. That was kinda the knock on him coming out of college, that he didn't have great hands.