2010 Week 14

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Edelman had a punt return for a touchdown called back ... *sigh*

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
is Urlacher the only Bear defender that can play in the cold? he's the only one who is playing well so far ...

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
You know you're slow when Deion Branch burns you that badly.

The Bears' black defense must be too wimpy to actually play in the snow. I played in snow games during high school and college...there is nothing more enjoyable in sports.

The Bears nearly 10/11 coal black D is being thoroughly exploited by the Patriots O that has 10 white players at times. If this were 1965 and the opposite skin complexions, people would be calling for an all-black NFL after this game.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
is Urlacher the only Bear defender that can play in the cold? he's the only one who is playing well so far ...

You'd think that dark skin would help the negroes soak in what little heat there is in the atmosphere and help them play better.
smiley36.gif
I guess that is one area in which the melanin doesn't get the job done.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
snow said:
Don Wassall said:
The Patriots' offense seems comfortable in the elements, much unlike the non-White Bears offenseand defense. Another New England blowout is in the works.
Hah, Iwas just commenting to my friend that ifthis were any other team besides the Colts or Patsthe game would be 3-0, if that.

Maybe the Bears will accuse Mother Nature of racism.
smiley17.gif

Pie

Guru
Darn it, my channel just switched away from the Pats game to the jets/fish game cause the pats were whoopin on the bears too bad :/

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It was a shame Edelman got robbed. He could have easily had two returns for touchdowns today and the game has a long way to go.

Decker had his 75 yard td taken away and he had another run of 40 yards on a return. Yet they rarely use him as wide out. He has 1 catch for 8 yards and they are losing to the pathetic AZ Cardinals. You would think that the best players would play. We know how that works out. This same treatment has applied to Marc Marianin for the Titans despite him being the fastest player they have. Wake up NFL Teams. If you want to be good like the Pats, you might want to start playing your best players.Edited by: white lightning

TwentyTwo

Master
The Browns Defense was mentioned earlier...the Rams Defense started 6 whites today...Gibson, Long, Laurinaitis, Chamberlain, Vobora, Dahl....how many years? 15+ since this has happened??

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
TwentyTwo said:
The Browns Defense was mentioned earlier...the Rams Defense started 6 whites today...Gibson, Long, Laurinaitis, Chamberlain, Vobora, Dahl....how many years? 15+ since this has happened??

Two teams with majority White defenses today, at least at times!!! Forget about Hillis's fumbles, that's a minor blip on another fantastic day. Peyton goes over 1,000 yards, two teams have majority White defenses, Woodhead continues to shine, etc. All is good today. . .

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree Don. Sometimes many of us here are too critical. We need to enjoy the victories more. This has been a historic year. Duke winning the national championship, Lemaitre going sub 10 and winning 3 gold medals at the European Champs and now Hillis going over 1000 yards. Enjoy it guys. Hopefully it is only the tip of the iceburg. What a year!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Craig Dahl already has 9 solo tackles.

Travis LaBoy has a sack, forced fumble which he recovered too.

Welker has 80 catches for almost 800 yards, so it is very likely he will topple 100/1k mark again!

Edited by: backrow

white lightning said:
I agree Don. Sometimes many of us here are too critical. We need to enjoy the victories more. This has been a historic year. Duke winning the national championship, Lemaitre going sub 10 and winning 3 gold medals at the European Champs and now Hillis going over 1000 yards. Enjoy it guys. Hopefully it is only the tip of the iceburg. What a year!

Add to that five different white RBs have led their team in rushing yards in at least one game, however it may have happened, that being Hillis, Woodhead, Kuhn, Gerhart and Leonard. Last season I don't think it happened once.

Several white WRs/TEs have also led in receiving yards in at least one game... Welker, Gronkoswki, Shipley, Tamme, Olsen, Amendola, Hartline?, Heap, Cooley, Witten, etc. and I'm sure I'm missing others.

I would say Kris Durham leading the Georgia Bulldogs in receiving in a few games was earth shattering in the deep South where many SEC fans have accepted black athletic supremacy as fate.

Thrashen said:
Welker with his first 100 yard game this season.

It's great to see Welker getting better as the season goes on! Remember it hasn't even been an entire year since he tore his ACL. If he keeps up the pace of his last five games it will be 4 100+ reception years in a row, which I think will place him as the only player in NFL history to do so.

On a side note, and I say this with a bit of caution, does anyone have a favorable opinion of Deion Branch? Of course I'd love to see the Patriots play 11 whites on offense but I think Branch is much better fit than Moss. I've actually seen Branch blocking when passes didn't go his way.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
My only complaint about the Pats is that they don't use Woodhead enough. He has rarely touched the ball on the ground or through the air in the 2nd half. You would think that they would want to rest Green Ellis. The guy could get hurt. I wish they would split the carries but overall, it's a great day to be a Pats Fan.

Anak

Mentor
Thrashen said:
Welker with his first 100 yard game this season.

As of right now he has 80 catches and 787 yards with 3 games left to play.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Brian Urlacher is having a renaissance age 32 season, too! so far he's got 4 sacks, 101 tackles, 2 FF and 1 interception.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Wow, Sam Bradford chased down Saints DB Roman Harper after Harper picked up a fumble an appeared he was returning it for a 100 yard TD. The call of a fumble was overturned, but it's still a memorable play.
Edited by: Quiet Speed

snow

Mentor
Safety Roman Harper for the Saints had a fumble recovery and had wide opene space to the endzone, except for Bradford who caught up from behind. I always said Chris Reis was more athletic than Roman Harper, and could play run support just as good and better pass coverage, but fans always thougt this was ridiculous when brought up, even though every single measurable Reis has is superior to Harper. Not a knock on Bradford but heran a 4.9 atthe combine.The fumble was challenged and ruled down by contact, which I think wouldve happened for the last two of the fumbles Hillis hadif it were looked at.Edited by: snow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
TwentyTwo said:
<div></div>
<div>Two teams with majority White defenses today, at least at times!!! Forget about Hillis's fumbles, that's a minor blip on another fantastic day. Peyton goes over 1,000 yards, two teams have majority White defenses, Woodhead continues to shine, etc. All is good today. . . </div>

That is awesome to hear about the Browns defense and the Rams defense! I want to see some clips from those games. I'm going to look for some pics and starting lineups for those teams to hold on to. I hope this happens again soon, but I want something for posterity's sake anyway.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Quiet Speed said:
Wow, Sam Bradford chased down Saints DB Roman Harper after Harper picked up a fumble an appeared he was returning it for a 100 yard TD. The call of a fumble was overturned, but it's still a memorable play.

He's good!

snow

Mentor
did anyone see the play where Troy P had the interception but was lit up by a Bengals player? did anybody see who that was? I only caught it out of the corner of my eye and thought it was a white guy. Could be wrong because I didn't get a good look. If it was then it had to be Leonard or Shipley.Edited by: snow

Highlander

Mentor
Wow, lots of empty seats in Phoenix and I don't think it has anything to do with the lopsided score.