2010 Week 14

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I had to start this thread, considering that Peyton Hillis will likely become the first White RB to run for over 1,000 yards in the NFL since 1985 this weekend. There will be some fun games besides the Brown-Bills matchup which very little of the country will see. These include the Colts and Titans tonight (which I won't be able to watch-no NFL network for the Colonel) and the Patriots and Bears Sunday afternoon (which I will get to see). The Packers and Lions should be a decent game to watch, along with the Giants and Vikings. Hopefully Toby Gerhart gets to see 10 or more carries. We'll see. Anyway, I'm looking forward to what will (hopefully) be this weekend!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I found an NFL Network stream online and Mike Mayock just said Blair White isn't going to run the 40 in under 4.7??? What the crap is that fool of an "expert" talking about. Blair White has run a 4.42 at pro day. Mayock first said White wasn't fast but caught everything that was thrown to him at the east-west practices he saw. Then he made the 4.7 comments after showing Blair burn Alterraun Verner several times in the first quarter. This pure caste BS makes me sick. When it comes to Blair White's speed, Mayock is full of horsefeathers!
smiley21.gif
smiley7.gif

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

DWFan

Mentor
Colonel I agree but I hope they keep it up in their arrogance. It'll become easier for whites to see the attack they're under. Except for the REALLY dumb ones, anyway.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
DWFan said:
Colonel I agree but I hope they keep it up in their arrogance. It'll become easier for whites to see the attack they're under. Except for the REALLY dumb ones, anyway.

Yeah, you are probably right about that, DWFan. It will help wake some people up. Blair White ended up with more catches than any Colt last night. Wayne had more drops than any of his teammates.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
I found an NFL Network stream online and Mike Mayock just said Blair White isn't going to run the 40 in under 4.7??? What the crap is that fool of an "expert" talking about. Blair White has run a 4.42 at pro day. Mayock first said White wasn't fast but caught everything that was thrown to him at the east-west practices he saw. Then he made the 4.7 comments after showing Blair burn Alterraun Verner several times in the first quarter. This pure caste BS makes me sick. When it comes to Blair White's speed, Mayock is full of horsefeathers! 
smiley21.gif

smiley7.gif

For the second straight week, Peyton Manning "chewed out"Â￾ Blair White with an animated, juvenile display on national television. Reggie Wayne also got in some eye-rolling and some exaggerated movements indicating his "disgust"Â￾ with White. Scapegoating is just so enjoyable, especially when millions of drunken white minions are watching, ready to pounce.

Last week, after throwing a dreadful interception, Manning was berating White while walking off the field. White uttered a few words in his defense"¦and Manning snapped back "Bullsh*t!"Â￾ and stormed off.

As I said last week, Manning would never treat his hypersensitive African receivers so rudely....not matter how many drops and interceptions for which they were responsible.

Manning and White are quickly becoming a modern day "Brett Favre-Bill Schroeder"Â￾ state.

The truth is, Manning has been awesomely average (and sometimes, downright terrible) without Clark and Collie.

Video:
Blair White - Reggie WayneEdited by: Thrashen

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thrashen, I remember one game where Reggie Wayne pushed Manning on the field. I don't know what Wayne was upset about but Manning may have been screaming at him before this occurred. This happened several years ago but maybe someone on this site can refresh my memory.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Good morning Thrashen,

I saw that play where White cut in front of Wayne. Something was amiss there. I don't know why they were both in the same area like that. But from what i saw, the defender might very well have knocked the ball down. Anyway, White is good, but I think he probably deseved the chewing out from Manning.

I agree with you though, Manning wouldn't have done that to a black guy. But I agree for a differnt reason. You don't get the same reults with blacks if you ball them out publicly as you do with White people. Blair White will improve himself because of it. Blacks will just lay down and sulk like children if you do the same with them. This whole thing looks to me as if Blair White is poised to become Manning's primary receiver.

Tom Iron...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Excellent observation, Tom Iron. It can also be an indicator of what Manning feels Blair White's true upside can be.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
For the second straight week, Peyton Manning "chewed out"Â￾ Blair White with an animated, juvenile display on national television. Reggie Wayne also got in some eye-rolling and some exaggerated movements indicating his "disgust"Â￾ with White. Scapegoating is just so enjoyable, especially when millions of drunken white minions are watching, ready to pounce.

Last week, after throwing a dreadful interception, Manning was berating White while walking off the field. White uttered a few words in his defense"¦and Manning snapped back "Bullsh*t!"Â￾ and stormed off.

As I said last week, Manning would never treat his hypersensitive African receivers so rudely....not matter how many drops and interceptions for which they were responsible.

Manning and White are quickly becoming a modern day "Brett Favre-Bill Schroeder"Â￾ state.

The truth is, Manning has been awesomely average (and sometimes, downright terrible) without Clark and Collie.

Video:

Blair White - Reggie Wayne

Thrashen, the feed I caught didn't show much of the game so I missed this. Instead I was bombarded with constant "analysis" from three talking head trying in vain to fill up dead air time. I hate to hear that Peyton is doing this though. Manning needs to man-up and take some responsibility for his drop in performance as of late, and/or put some of the blame (rightly) on his black receivers.

Since the Colts week 7 bye, Manning has thrown 13TDs and 13 INTs.
Wayne has caught just 49 balls out of 86 targets, a measly 56.97%.
During the same time, Garcon caught 38 out of 58 targets, or 65.51%.
Jacob Tamme caught 46 of 68 balls thrown to him, or 67.64%.
Blair White caught 23 of 32 targets, or 71.87%.

It makes a lot of sense to criticize your most dependable receiver, not. Manning, if he's going to holler at someone other than himself, should call out the veteran Reggie Wayne.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Tom Iron said:
Good morning Thrashen,

I saw that play where White cut in front of Wayne. Something was amiss there. I don't know why they were both in the same area like that. But from what i saw, the defender might very well have knocked the ball down. Anyway, White is good, but I think he probably deseved the chewing out from Manning.

I agree with you though, Manning wouldn't have done that to a black guy. But I agree for a differnt reason. You don't get the same reults with blacks if you ball them out publicly as you do with White people. Blair White will improve himself because of it. Blacks will just lay down and sulk like children if you do the same with them. This whole thing looks to me as if Blair White is poised to become Manning's primary receiver.

Tom Iron...

Tom, like FootballDad said, you may be right. Still, doesn't it seem like an odd way of helping someone improve? I hope Manning does turn Blair White into a primary receiver. The Colts would certainly be better as a result.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Hey Colonel, where do you find the stats like those listed above in regards to receiver targets? I'm too lazy to search it out myself today
smiley1.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thrashen said:

Video:
Blair White - Reggie Wayne

Manning was interviewed after the game on the NFL Network and was very complimentary of White, Tamme and James. I didn't find his "berating" of White that bad either time. Peyton's intensely competitive and shows frustration all the time when a play doesn't go the way it's supposed to.

Manning has been excellent again this season. He's over 4,000 yards passing already -- on track for a career high in that department -- and, despite the three game stretch with 11 interceptions, has 26 TD passes to only 15 picks on the season. His QB rating is 91.2, only a little below his career average of 94.9. With all the injuries and no running game, this may be the best overall season of his brilliant career. He was right in the mix in the MVP talk until the Colts' three game losing streak, and he may yet be in the mix again if Indy wins out and takes their division.
Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Hey Colonel, where do you find the stats like those listed above in regards to receiver targets? I'm too lazy to search it out myself today
smiley1.gif

I compiled those stats myself using the box scores from each week as a basis. Nowadays they list targets and receptions, so its pretty easy to do. I'm glad they started tracking "targets" even though I sometimes question them. I did something similar last season with the Colts. Dallas Clark and Austin Collie were the most dependable receivers at that time if I remember correctly.

Kaptain

Master
Jim "the jew" Rome just opened his show on ESPN with a two-minute diatribe about Blair White knocking the ball away from Reggie Wayne. This is just so totally absurd! Pierre Garcon runs wrong routes all year long without repercussion, in fact, is defended by Manning and others and now Blair White is publicly chastized and belittled by the media for possibly running one single wrong route! Manning feels free to chastize White last week for his own bad throw, but is scared to death to ever say a bad word about the affeletes.

DWFan

Mentor
I heard that with Rome...got me so mad I had to go outside for fresh air. What an obnoxious jackass.

DWFan

Mentor
I really loved Rome's little joke about IDP fantasy players using White as a corner. As though you couldn't say the same about dozens of drop-happy black WRs.

Don Wassall said:
Thrashen said:
For the second straight week, Peyton Manning "chewed out" Blair White with an animated, juvenile display on national television. Reggie Wayne also got in some eye-rolling and some exaggerated movements indicating his "disgust" with White. Scapegoating is just so enjoyable, especially when millions of drunken white minions are watching, ready to pounce. Last week, after throwing a dreadful interception, Manning was berating White while walking off the field. White uttered a few words in his defense"¦and Manning snapped back "Bullsh*t!" and stormed off. As I said last week, Manning would never treat his hypersensitive African receivers so rudely....not matter how many drops and interceptions for which they were responsible. Manning and White are quickly becoming a modern day "Brett Favre-Bill Schroeder" state. The truth is, Manning has been awesomely average (and sometimes, downright terrible) without Clark and Collie. Video: Blair White - Reggie Wayne
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Manning was interviewed after the game on the NFL Network and was very complimentary of White, Tamme and James.  I didn't find his "berating" of White that bad either time.  Peyton's intensely competitive and shows frustration all the time when a play doesn't go the way it's supposed to.  </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Manning has been excellent again this season.  He's over 4,000 yards passing already -- on track for a career high in that department -- and, despite the three game stretch with 11 interceptions, has 26 TD passes to only 15 picks on the season.  His QB rating is 91.2, only a little below his career average of 94.9.  With all the injuries and no running game, this may be the best overall season of his brilliant career.  He was right in the mix in the MVP talk until the Colts' three game losing streak, and he may yet be in the mix again if Indy wins out and takes their division.</div>
<div> </div>

Whatever Manning said to White is nothing to what Norm Van Brocklin, Bobby Lane, Y.A. Tittle, or even Don Meredith would have.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I am glad the sports commentators are bringing it up. But....I wonder if the play by play guys will do it?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Sure some commentators will bring up the fact that Hillis will be the first white runningback to hit 1,000 yards in over 25 years. What they will not bring up is why no white runningbacks have been able to accomplish this feat in such a long period of time. They will make it seem as if white players are athletically incapable of being NFL runningbacks and Hillis is a one in a billion white back.

Patrick

Guru
The simple version: DYAR means a wide receiver with more total value. DVOA means a wide receiver with more value per play.

Garcons DYAR = -35
Whites DYAR = 40

Garcons DVOA =-17.9%
Whites DVOA = 5.3%

Its one damn play and the media is gleefully excoriating Blair White while Garcon makes bad play after bad play all season long - some which result in interceptions which is worse than an incomplete IMO and no one holds his feet to the fire.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr