2010 Week 14

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
I don't care about the Constitution of the United States, in this case.

Peyton Hillis for President, 2012.

"Oh? Hugo Chavez disagrees with American foreign policy, does he?"

*stiff-arm*

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, wtf! Hillis jumping in traffic and ball ended up in Kyle Williams' hands...

C'mon Peyton!!! Hold on to the GD rock!!!
smiley7.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
damn, my stream is so choppy i can't follow the action.

backrow

Hall of Famer
on a positive note, Kyle Williams is as athletic of a DT as I've seen, he moves fluidly and effortlessly without carrying excessive amounts of fat. complete football player!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey guys. It was still an incredible play. Did you see how high he jumped and he did it off his right foot. The defender just happened to hit his helmet right on the ball. Hillis is excited as he should be. He just went over 1000 yards. I can live with the fumbles. He is so fun to watch because he plays a little wreckless. I would not want to see him stop jumping. I love watching it. He does it even better than the Leonard Leap. What an amazing athlete.

TwentyTwo

Master
CONGRATS PEYTONHILLIS!!!!!! Saw 7 carries for 49 yards rushing scrolling down on ticker..did the math!!! A heavy burden has been lifted..I'm floating right now! Intense celebration mode! 25 years on the shelf!

Hopefully this will become the normover the next few years....

northwinds

Mentor
the atdhe link is working for me....but no sound....Cleveland just got the ball back on a 4th and 2 incomplete pass...so the fumble didn't cost them. Go Peyton...

Riddlewire

Master
white lightning said:
Hey guys. It was still an incredible play. Did you see how high he jumped and he did it off his right foot. The defender just happened to hit his helmet right on the ball. Hillis is excited as he should be. He just went over 1000 yards. I can live with the fumbles. He is so fun to watch because he plays a little wreckless. I would not want to see him stop jumping. I love watching it. He does it even better than the Leonard Leap. What an amazing athlete.

You can live with the fumbles. But Holmgren is the one we have to be worried about. All he needs is the slightest excuse to demote Peyton to the practice squad. You know he desperately wants to draft a negrolete tailback to replace Peyton next season. The fumbles will give him the justification he seeks.

------------------------
There can be no debate. Brian Daboll is the worst offensive playcaller in the sport of football.
Edited by: Riddlewire

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Now they are criticizing Peyton Hillis for fumbling more than most other RBs. Did they even mention that he is the first White RB to break 1,000 yards rushing?

northwinds

Mentor
Oh my gosh....they just showed a montage of Peyton Hillis fumbling.....Riddlewire is right he's got to be nearly perfect or he will get buried.....they are looking for any excuse

Anak

Mentor
If Colt was playing I'm sure Peyton would be assured a 200-yard rushing game, in addition to a big receiving game. Delhomme never hits Hillis when he has a huge field ahead of him.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
white lightning said:

You can live with the fumbles. But Holmgren is the one we have to be worried about. All he needs is the slightest excuse to demote Peyton to the practice squad. You know he desperately wants to draft a negrolete tailback to replace Peyton next season. The fumbles will give him the justification he seeks.

------------------------

There can be no debate. Brian Daboll is the worst offensive playcaller in the sport of football.

That's a great point, Riddlewire. Then again, it is easy to always focus on the negative. Surely we can all take a moment to celebrate what Hillis has done today.

white lightning said:

If Hillis keeps jumping, he will likely be injured. That being said, it is hard for a RB to change his style. He had better work on holding the ball.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He only jumps around once a game. Sometimes not at all. I do agree he has to hang on the the ball. In the future, he should have 2 hands on the ball if he jumps. He also needs to make sure he switches the ball to the hand away from the defender when he only has 1 hand on the ball. He does it most of the time. He is still learning guys. I love this kid. He will make up for it!

Riddlewire

Master
This game feels like a loss.
The offensive play calling is mind-boggling. And Ryan's defense seems like they're not even trying.
Is it possible that upper management has issued the order to throw the season to improve the Browns' draft position?

alln2

Guru
white lightning said:
He only jumps around once a game. Sometimes not at all. I do agree he has to hang on the the ball. In the future, he should have 2 hands on the ball if he jumps...

Thats a recipe for disaster. He could be gravely injured this way, even paralyzed if he lands bad. He should stop jumping.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I read that Elway might be joining the Broncos "braintrust". I think this is good news for Tebow, as I recall Elway is a big Tebow supporter.

celt14

Delhomme could have dumped that 3rd down off to Hillis who easily would have had the first down and possibly a touchdown. But he throws it out of the back of the endzone no where near where he was trying to throw it.

Anak

Mentor
72 yards for Hillis in the first half, YPC. It's fantastic that Hillis broke the 1000 yard barrier. But still, not liking the playcalling from the Browns.