2010 Week 14

Patrick

Guru
I just gained a lot of respect for Michael Wilbon - he has stuck up for white AMERICAN basketball players in the pastand he is saying it is important that Hillis is a white guy going over 1000 yards and that it is significant for white children to see this. This was on PTI today. He said "Big ups to Peyton Hillis" :)

Patrick

Guru
Does anyone else find it ironic that Kyle Williams, the only white Nose Tackle in the league, is going to be trying his hardest to stop Peyton Hillis from gaining those 35 yards he needs to be the first white RB in 25 years to have a 1000+ yard season?

Bart

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
For the second straight week, Peyton Manning "chewed out"Â￾ Blair White with an animated, juvenile display on national television. Reggie Wayne also got in some eye-rolling and some exaggerated movements indicating his "disgust"Â￾ with White. Scapegoating is just so enjoyable, especially when millions of drunken white minions are watching, ready to pounce.

Last week, after throwing a dreadful interception, Manning was berating White while walking off the field. White uttered a few words in his defense"¦and Manning snapped back "Bullsh*t!"Â￾ and stormed off.

As I said last week, Manning would never treat his hypersensitive African receivers so rudely....not matter how many drops and interceptions for which they were responsible.

Manning and White are quickly becoming a modern day "Brett Favre-Bill Schroeder"Â￾ state.

Well said! Manning and Favre have had countless opportunities to publicly berate affletes, but somehow manage to keep their anger in check. When a whiite player (supposedly) screws up - Katie bar the door!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I have something to say about this. First, did y'all see the catch Blair White made in the first quarter? He really climbed the ladder and snatched a difficult ball. Ratt Millen didn't have diddley to say about that. Second, Manning came along at the right time, the PTB were ready to transform the QB position with affletes with increasing pace. He threw a monkey wrench into their timetable with his passing brilliance. He's not alone, other great White QB's followed. He is an important figure in that regard. We owe him a debt of gratitude. And to boot, he has been the general of White friendly offenses, some years better than others, and seems to have embraced it all the while.

Quite frankly, I think Manning has more confidence in White receivers than any quarterback that I've seen in a long time. Remember, it was reported that he was high on Eric Decker and took it upon himself to scout him last year. He's not perfect and I have criticized him in the past. I don't like it one bit when he gets on Blair White's case. He needs to stop it immediately or start having the same on the field pow wows with the affletes when they screw up.

DWFan

Mentor
Quiet Speed, yeah. I don't like him yelling at White but Manning is one of my favorite players. If I were as good at something as White is at receiving, I know that being yelled at would have a very, very negative effect on my performance, but the previous poster who suggested that this is untrue for most whites may be right. I won't blame White if he starts to quit on Manning, but hope he doesn't.
Manning SHOULD have known that White was already down on himself enough for whatever he did wrong, but I think Don Wassall is right about his competitive nature, and in light of something like that it is probably hard to immediately grasp things like this.Edited by: DWFan

snow

Mentor
come on, it is football, players yell at each other all the time. We just aren't used to seeing it because you have to treat most black players with kid gloves. If I was yelled at by Manning it wouldn't affect my performance at all. The only way it would is if I was playing fullback and some cocky afflete got an attitude with me, but then thats how you lose playing time, and more to do with revenge than confidence. I am glad he yelled at White, it shows that he is familar with him and probably has good relatonship, and probably more willing to trust him throwing the ball down the line. Pierre Garcon messes up, Manning doesn't yell. The only problem is he can whine about not getting targets, White doesn'thave that privelege, because his skin tone reflects his last name.
<div></div>
<div>Honestly, if Peyton didn't think White had potential to do better then he wouldn't have said anything. Yes, he should have the balls to yell at Garcon as well but who knows what would happen then. It doesn't matter because the coaches know Garcon screws up, and when they are all going threw film they can see what play was called and who was supposed to be where, and there it is, Garcon messing up. Hopefully he is gone next season, and the constanttargets are just so some dumb team is willing to trade for him. And honestly, if Garcon was white, I doubt Manning would yell at himbecause that guy does not have room to improve. You will get the same thing every week, a nice catch or two, followed by inconsitency. But yes, Wayne, and Harrison for sure should have gotten the same treatment when messing up. Everyone calls Manning a choker but Harrison dissapeared in the playoffs, pretty much every single time they made it. I finally saw an articlethat talked about it besides on this site, it had to do with Terrel Davis being one of the best postseason players, it mentioned how only quarterbacks are rated on postseason success, and no one besides Peyton Manning realizes how crappy Harrison is in the postseason. </div>
<div></div>
<div>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQtX6dm2KG8&amp;feature=related</div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div>[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQtX6dm2KG8&amp;feature=related[/TUBE]</div>
<div></div>
<div>that is him and Jeff Saturday, and I would say they have built a pretty damn good relationship. Saturday went from a guy that was undrafted to one of the best centers in the league, and a guy that Manning won't let retire because he trust Jeff so much at Center. Just imagine if he wound up with some sumo hah. So one can only hope that White can go from undrafted to one of the best receivers in the league. Hes not going to quit on Manning, and if he did I would lose respect for him. This is how competitive whites play, if your teammate screws up you let him know. We have seen Brady get fired up and yell as well. Thats why majority white offenses like the Pats and the Colts can be so good (besides having great underrated white athletes), is that they can communicate beter with each other, and don't have to treat each other with kid gloves. Look at Carson Palmer, he can't say crap to his teammates, he is a leader of nothing, because the inmates run the prison over there and they would go apesh*t on him. If he was on a more white friendly team I wonder how much better he would be. </div>
<div></div>
<div>The only problem is the cameras shouldn't pan to it every time a white screws up and a teammate has something negative to say, not only does it bring to the dwf's attention that a white player screwed up, it seems like some stupid soap opera crap. </div>
<div></div>
<div>
Tom Iron said:
I agree with you though, Manning wouldn't have done that to a black guy. But I agree for a differnt reason. You don't get the same reults with blacks if you ball them out publicly as you do with White people. Blair White will improve himself because of it. Blacks will just lay down and sulk like children if you do the same with them. This whole thing looks to me as if Blair White is poised to become Manning's primary receiver.

Tom Iron...
</div>
<div></div>
<div>pretty much what I was trying to get at with my long rant</div>
<div></div>Edited by: snow

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
DWFan said:
I heard that with Rome...got me so mad I had to go outside for fresh air. What an obnoxious jackass.

"Jewm" Rome is an @$$ clown of epic proportions.
smiley8.gif

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Thrashen said:
For the second straight week, Peyton Manning "chewed out" Blair White with an animated, juvenile display on national television. Reggie Wayne also got in some eye-rolling and some exaggerated movements indicating his "disgust" with White. Scapegoating is just so enjoyable, especially when millions of drunken white minions are watching, ready to pounce. Last week, after throwing a dreadful interception, Manning was berating White while walking off the field. White uttered a few words in his defense"¦and Manning snapped back "Bullsh*t!" and stormed off. As I said last week, Manning would never treat his hypersensitive African receivers so rudely....not matter how many drops and interceptions for which they were responsible. Manning and White are quickly becoming a modern day "Brett Favre-Bill Schroeder" state. The truth is, Manning has been awesomely average (and sometimes, downright terrible) without Clark and Collie. Video: Blair White - Reggie Wayne
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Manning was interviewed after the game on the NFL Network and was very complimentary of White, Tamme and James.  I didn't find his "berating" of White that bad either time.  Peyton's intensely competitive and shows frustration all the time when a play doesn't go the way it's supposed to.  </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Manning has been excellent again this season.  He's over 4,000 yards passing already -- on track for a career high in that department -- and, despite the three game stretch with 11 interceptions, has 26 TD passes to only 15 picks on the season.  His QB rating is 91.2, only a little below his career average of 94.9.  With all the injuries and no running game, this may be the best overall season of his brilliant career.  He was right in the mix in the MVP talk until the Colts' three game losing streak, and he may yet be in the mix again if Indy wins out and takes their division.</div>
<div> </div>

I understand your point with regard to Manning being competitive, intense, etc. In my opinion, the MassMan's perception of an athlete such as Blair White is immensely more significant (in terms of spoiling the Big Lie for the Big Liars) than the MassMan's perception of a genuine football God like Peyton Manning.

To be frank, it really angers me when Blair White is treated differently (in that he's actually "disciplined"Â by Manning whatsoever) for his supposed "mistakes"Â when compared to his black peers. Then again, non-white athletes, as well as non-white members of western societies in general, are similarly gauged by a unique set of regulations when judged against their white peers.

Perhaps I only take notice of Manning's "pissed off at Blair White" idiosyncrasies because the camera's gaze seem to conveniently pan away from black blunders"¦and seems to advantageously magnify white ones (i.e., any discernable mistake whatsoever).

Patrick

Guru
Good God, Rich Eisen just brought up the Blair White "incident" AGAIN. I've never seen a single play where a player didn't get seriously injured be discussed and analyzed so much. I'm sure Rich Eisen was a great wide receiver at Hebrew school and he knows exactly how easy it is to play the position at a high level. Garcon has a 40% catch rate when thrown to, funny none of those drops are dissected to the extent the Blair White play has been. Blair White has obviously ruined the season for the Indianapolis Colts, he should be ejected from the league - he's playing like a rookie. Edited by: Patrick

chris371

Mentor
Hey guys, can somebody who has one please post a stream for the browns game? I have trouble finding streams, since videovision doesnt work for me anymore.

backrow

Hall of Famer
haha, Shannon Sharpe was just asked on pre game show what should Denver do with Tim Tebow now that McDaniels is gone (meaning start him over Orton i am guessing). he said: trade him, see if we can get Peyton Hillis back!

good one.

GWTJ

Mentor
Rotoworld finally gives Hillis his due. This update posted this morning:

Browns RB Peyton Hillis needs to rush for 38 yards in Week 14 to reach 1000 rushing yards on the season.

Hillis would be just the third Browns running back since 1985 to reach quadruple digits. We fully expect Hillis to hit the 1000 yard mark in Week 14 and then some, as the Bills are giving up the third most fantasy points to opposing running backs on the season. Peyton comes in as our No. 1 ranked running back for the week.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yea, baby!! I was gonna say you spoke too soon Don because he had 36 a minute ago but not has 44 yards.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

backrow

Hall of Famer
boo, they stopped him on the 3rd and goal. f**k!

GRATS JUGGERNAUT!

i am hoping for multiple TD, real shame they stopped him now, it would have been a great start. i want 3 TDs PLUS! Edited by: backrow

celt14

Three runs to the right side of the line there on 1,2,3 and goal? Stupid. Run it behind Thomas, Steinbach and Mack. Those three are clearly better Oline man than the Sumos on the other side.

Patrick

Guru
backrow said:
haha, Shannon Sharpe was just asked on pre game show what should Denver do with Tim Tebow now that McDaniels is gone (meaning start him over Orton i am guessing). he said: trade him, see if we can get Peyton Hillis back!

good one.

Sharpe is a black guy, thus he cannot think about the future.

Just like Hillis was a failure before he was given a chance, Tebow is a failure since he has never been given a chance.

What should Denver do with Tebow? Maybe give him a chance like the Browns did with Hillis - though the ONLY reason Hillis was even given a chance was due to injury - Holmgren wanted Hillis to be a BACKUP FULLBACK!!!!!

No one not given a chance can be considered a failure IMO. The Broncos are the **** of the NFL - and if you don't give TT a "chance" before you eject him because of his skin condition then you are a **** organization IMO.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Good point celt14. He was also a little winded running 7 or 8 times on the opening drive. They should have went to the left side though.

Well it has finally happened! Congrats to the most exciting player in the NFL. Peyton Hillis is a superstar and he has arrived. He has 49 yards rushing already. Wow. We could be looking at a 200 yard day for this former Razorback. What a stud!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
He's there, Peyton Hillis gets over 1,000 yards on the first drive of game 13! It is an awesome day!
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif