2010 NFL Preseason

bigunreal

Mentor
I think that the push to make most NFL QBs black will continue unabated, despite the documented lack of success by all but a very few in the NFL. However, it might take a bit of time to eliminate all those superb white HS athletes, the best of whom are now almost invariably steered to the QB position.

It's certainly conceivable that the white college QBs could be gradually elmiinated, via a combination of wildly over-promoting mediocre black QBs in the NFL (Vick, Young, etc.), and treating the best white QBs like white RBs started to be treated a few decades ago, but as has been pointed out, the constant flow of black WR divas coming into the NFL demands that someone throw the ball to them on a regular basis. That will make for an interesting bit of infighting among differing components of the caste system.

Btw, that odious profootbalk.com concentrated almost exclusively on Tebow "returning to his bad college habits" in their blurb on the Denver game. He, and every other white player wishing to be given any chance in this affirmative action league has to be virtually error free. Any mistake will be highlighted by the jock sniffers, loudly pointed out by the DWFs and acted upon by the coaches.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Damn! No catches yesterday for Matt Jones. O'Sullivan overthrew him a few times. Shipley was very good and showed nice speed. I'm predicting Shipley will have 50 receptions for around 650 yards this season.

white is right

Hall of Famer
snow said:
My mistake, I was a kid during the 90's, the only white player I remember is Stockton. All I remember is Jordan being hyped up, and then Shaq. I have never followed basketball much, what time period did the NBA start having a downfall?
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>I remember everyone that I knew (friends, family) was into watching basketball, but over the years their interest level declined. I don't think any of them watch it anymore. </div>
The day that NBC lost the rights. Well ABC/ESPN has the rights now and they share it with TNT. But I stopped caring after NBC lost the rights. I also never bought into guys with tooth pick arms and concave chests were the worlds greatest athletes as the announcers used to crow....
smiley36.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well the Jets play the Giants tonight in the Battle of NY. Last year our main man Danny Woodhead rushed 18 times for 158 yards! Yet he barely made the team. The NFL is a joke. They don't want white athletes. Woohead could have 200 yards but they would send him right back to the bench or special teams. That is just how it works. They do not want white running backs in this league! Here is the link from an article last year about Woodheads Game.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/ny_jets_running_back_danny_woo.html

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I remember that game well. Woodhead averaged 8.7 yards per carry but was barely given any regular season playing time. He had 8 receptions and 64 rushing yards the entire season! Now they have Tomlinson who has nothing left and rookie Joe McKnight ahead of him. He may not even make the team this year.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I'm watching the re-run of the Packer\Brown game and so far Evan Moore has impressed me. He has great size to go along with athleticism(former WR at Stanford). Delhomme has thrown to him two times on the opening drive for 2 catches 28 yards so far. One of his catches came when he was split out wide. Could he be a sleeper pick for a fantasy team this year?? I think he's a guy to keep your eye on.

Truthteller

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
There's no question that the push for black QBs will continue. . . and continue. . . and continue. It's been great to see how White QBs have dominated the NFL in recent years, but remember too that it's only been about a decade since the Caste media announced that the NFL was seeing the dawn of a "new age of athletic quarterbacks" (which coincided roughly with the beginning of the new century).

Yes Don, I actually remember SI's resident marxist (now at ESPN) Rick Reilly predicting back in 2000 (or so), that in 10 years the majority of the QB's in the NFL would be black and he said it would be a great thing for the game. I also remember after the Rams beat Tennessee in the SB back in Jan. 2000 that post game analyst Jackie Slater looked straight into the camera and predicted that "pocket passers would soon be extinct in the NFL",as the Rams barely escaped losing to asuperior athlete at QB. Slater forget to mention, however, the Rams won due to Kurt Warner?
smiley3.gif

Two quick points, no one has made here that I would like to bring up:

What happened in 1995 that opened up the floodgates to black QB's in the NFL?

For several decades, NFL teams had always talked about bringing in more black QB's, but for the longest time it was mainly just Moon, Cunningham and backup type Rodney Peete making any sort of impact in the league....But in 1995 it seemed the floodgates suddenly burst open and just about every team in the league, except a few -- (i.e. Colts, Jets &amp; Giants),has selected a black "future starter"in the top rounds of the draft the last 16 years. Several teams (Tennesse &amp; Tampa) have drafted several in that span. But what triggered this suddenchange?

I always thought things changed when quarterbacks were givensmall radio transmitters in their helmets**. This made it easier for less intelligent QB's of all races (Jeff George, Vince Young, ect.) to get the plays. Whether I'm right or wrong here, no on candispute that the number of black QB's drafted in the top 3 rounds spiked after this change (spring of 1995)! Perhaps it was just a coincidence?
smiley16.gif

** http://www.steelersfever.com/nfl_history_of_rules.html

Have the type of black QB's sought after in the draft changed since 1995?

I think they have. In the 2nd half of the 90's and the early 2000's NFL teams drafted a lot of smaller/thinner (5' 11" to 6' 2") "athletic" QB's that were very commonplace in the CFL and the college football (especially the Big 12) and dubbed "undefensible" by the marxistsdue to their combo ofrunning &amp; throwing skills. Kordell was the poster boy for this supposed new/superiorbreed and many others soon followed -- Mike Vick, Shaun King, Akili Smith, Aaron Brooks, Tony Banks, Quincy Carter, ect.

But it seems NFL teams eventually figured out these types were not going to cut it as "slash players", so theygraduallychanged tact in the early to mid 2000's and starting drafting bigger black QB's (6' 5", 240 and over) that looked like TE's/DE's and possessed "cannon arms". It didn't mattermanywere leaving school too early and not quiteready for the NFL. Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young andJosh Freeman were all quickly hailed by ESPN and the other "gurus" as franchise saviorsand allrocketed up the charts from the begin of their last year in college.(By the way, Leftwich and J. Cambell wereseniors that fit this mold). Edited by: Truthteller

white is right

Hall of Famer
Truthteller said:
Don Wassall said:
There's no question that the push for black QBs will continue. . . and continue. . . and continue.  It's been great to see how White QBs have dominated the NFL in recent years, but remember too that it's only been about a decade since the Caste media announced that the NFL was seeing the dawn of a "new age of athletic quarterbacks" (which coincided roughly with the beginning of the new century).
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Yes Don, I actually remember SI's resident marxist (now at ESPN) Rick Reilly predicting back in 2000 (or so), that in 10 years the majority of the QB's in the NFL would be black and he said it would be a great thing for the game. I also remember after the Rams beat Tennessee in the SB back in Jan. 2000 that post game analyst Jackie Slater looked straight into the camera and predicted that "pocket passers would soon be extinct in the NFL", as the Rams barely escaped losing to a superior athlete at QB. Slater forget to mention, however, the Rams won due to Kurt Warner?
smiley3.gif
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Two quick points, no one has made here that I would like to bring up:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>What happened in 1995 that opened up the floodgates to black QB's in the NFL?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>For several decades, NFL teams had always talked about bringing in more black QB's, but for the longest time it was mainly just Moon, Cunningham and backup type Rodney Peete making any sort of impact in the league....But in 1995 it seemed the floodgates suddenly burst open and just about every team in the league, except a few -- (i.e. Colts, Jets & Giants), has selected a black "future starter" in the top rounds of the draft the last 16 years. Several teams (Tennesse & Tampa) have drafted several in that span. But what triggered this sudden change?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I always thought things changed when quarterbacks were given small radio transmitters in their helmets**. This made it easier for less intelligent QB's of all races (Jeff George, Vince Young, ect.) to get the plays. Whether I'm right or wrong here, no on can dispute that the number of black QB's drafted in the top 3 rounds spiked after this change (spring of 1995)! Perhaps it was just a coincidence?
smiley16.gif
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>** http://www.steelersfever.com/nfl_history_of_rules.html</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Have the type of black QB's sought after in the draft changed since 1995?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I think they have. In the 2nd half of the 90's and the early 2000's NFL teams drafted a lot of smaller/thinner (5' 11" to 6' 2") "athletic" QB's that were very commonplace in the CFL and the college football (especially the Big 12) and dubbed "undefensible" by the marxists due to their combo of running & throwing skills. Kordell was the poster boy for this supposed new/superior breed and many others soon followed -- Mike Vick, Shaun King, Akili Smith, Aaron Brooks, Tony Banks, Quincy Carter, ect.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>But it seems NFL teams eventually figured out these types were not going to cut it as "slash players", so they gradually changed tact in the early to mid 2000's and starting drafting bigger black QB's (6' 5", 240 and over) that looked like TE's/DE's and possessed "cannon arms". It didn't matter many were leaving school too early and not quite ready for the NFL. Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young and Josh Freeman were all quickly hailed by ESPN and the other "gurus" as franchise saviors and all rocketed up the charts from the begin of their last year in college.  (By the way, Leftwich and J. Cambell were seniors that fit this mold). </div>
I recall the changes too. I think White players with similar styles and guys like Randall who had decent success ushered in this style. Teams weren't sure what Steve Young could do and nobody thought Doug Flutie could play because of his size and mediocre arm strength. Once both showed that a player with this style could be decent to star starters players with that style were drafted. The problem for teams was these guys had a pocket presence that most of the clones aren't even close to having. Some of these Black project type quarterbacks amaze me how they stick on rosters and hold number 2 jobs. Most of them look like pratice squad washouts too me. Edited by: white is right

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jamie Silva and Tim Bulman will both be out for the year with season ending injuries
smiley18.gif

Jesse Nading and Mitch Unrein are two DEs on the Texans who can hopefully replace Bulman especially now since Schobel has decided to retire.Edited by: Leonardfan

Truthteller

Mentor
white is right said:
I recall the changes too. I think White players with similar styles and guys like Randall who had decent success ushered in this style. Teams weren't sure what Steve Young could do and nobody thought Doug Flutie could play because of his size and mediocre arm strength. Once both showed that a player with this style could be decent to star starters players with that style were drafted. The problem for teams was these guys had a pocket presence that most of the clones aren't even close to having. Some of these Black project type quarterbacks amaze me how they stick on rosters and hold number 2 jobs. Most of them look like pratice squad washouts too me.

I think there have always been real athletic white quarterbacks. Young and Flutie definitely fit in as "athletic QB's" in the 1990's, but I honestly think there was another reason for the sudden spike in the number of black QB's drafted highafter 1995. Again,did it havesomething to do with thesmall radio transmittersplaced in QB'shelmets? That certainly made it easier for less prepared/young QB's to break into the league.

As far as these smaller/project types, few guys fit this mold today -- Troy Smith, Seneca Wallace and Dennis Dixon. A decade ago it seemed just about every team had a few of these guys on their roster, and many were seen as potential future starters. Many of the black QB's in the NFL that have a chance to playtend to be bigger type guys.

GWTJ

Mentor
I think there are several reasons blacks started to be drafted to play QB:

1.) Since political correctness became a religion, there is no better way for an NFL organization to show how progressive and fair minded it is than to have a starting black QB. It keeps all those people who like to shout 'racist' at bay. He doesn't have to be good, he just needs to be athletic enough to be entertaining. Which brings me to my 2nd point.

2.) I have always believed that whites(DWF's) find blacks more entertaining than whites. NFL owners know this and feel that the more blacks that are on the field the more entertaining their product will be to white and black fans alike. Whites because they like the chimp like behavior of blacks and blacks because they prefer to watch other blacks.

3.) The NFL has been trying to break free from the accusations that they move all black QB's to the WR position. The owners no doubt felt intense pressure to give blacks more opportunity at the 'thinking positions', like QB, center and left guard.

4.) Lastly, I think that whatever advantage blacks have in straight line speed gives them a leg up when it comes to sports. It justifies owners, coaches, scouts, etc. giving them more opportunity by overestimating the importance of speed at any position on the field and devaluing other qualities, like hand-eye coordination, which is much more difficult to showcase. A scout can recommend the faster guy without criticism, in most cases. and when whites are just as fast they switch to the code words, which we at Castefootball know all to well.

Kaptain

Master
I just think that the 90's was the height of our racial programming and pussification. People could easily see the destructive effect of diversity, multiculturalism, and massive non-white immigration, but virtually no one would ever speak of it. For much of the country, suddenly becoming less white was a fairly new thing. People were afraid to address it in racial terms for fear of being labeled the greatest sin of all - a racist.

All around our area people lost the jobs and/or had their wages slashed because of massive illegal alien latino invasion from South of our border, but virtually no person would point out the race or even the illegality of these workers. Now when the past is discussed it is actually mentioned, but only after the decades have made people slightly brave and bitter by watching the destruction of their former hometowns.

Even in local sports the programming was pathetic. I remember playing fast-pitch and slow-pitch softball against the very few blacks you could find on a team. Umpires were afraid to even call a strike on them. I'm not kidding. It was sort of a running joke on our team when we played against a black player and that rule almost never failed. Basketball was even worse. Anywasy, for a lot of people it took awhile to learn how to call a spade a spade or a jig a jig.

icsept

Master
Watched a bit of the Jets/Giants. Chase Blackburn was carted off with what looked like a serious knee injury. Woodhead is wearing #27 this year after wearing 22 and 83 last year. He gets treated like an absolute scrub. By all accounts, the Jets love Woodhead and they know he has talent...they just can't figure out how to use him without making him a feature back. The caste system is so deeply ingrained that they cannot see the solution.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Woodhead is a scatback and nothing else. He's a slasher with speed and the ability to break out the long touchdown runs. The Jets moving him to wide receiver fits the caste system agenda perfectly. After all, wide receiver is still somewhat acceptable for a white player.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
I just think that the 90's was the height of our racial programming and pussification. People could easily see the destructive effect of diversity, multiculturalism, and massive non-white immigration, but virtually no one would ever speak of it. For much of the country, suddenly becoming less white was a fairly new thing. People were afraid to address it in racial terms for fear of being labeled the greatest sin of all - a racist.

And in the 90's, this attitude was exemplified by our "First Black President", William Jefferson Clinton.

whiteathlete33 said:
Woodhead is a scatback and nothing else. He's a slasher with speed and the ability to break out the long touchdown runs. The Jets moving him to wide receiver fits the caste system agenda perfectly. After all, wide receiver is still somewhat acceptable for a white player.

......But only at the position that was "glamourized" by Wes Welker, slot receiver.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Not much to cheer about in yesterdays game. Danny Woodhead did lead the Jets in receptions with 5 for 41 yards.

? I'd rather him get used as a slot WR then repeatedly getting cut as a runningback. He's doing what he has to survive with a career in the NFL.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Not much to cheer about in yesterdays game. Danny Woodhead did lead the Jets in receptions with 5 for 41 yards.

? I'd rather him get used as a slot WR then repeatedly getting cut as a runningback. He's doing what he has to survive with a career in the NFL.

That's true Celtic. At least he looks like a lock to make the roster whether it be at running back or receiver.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The first week of preseason games have completed and I have seen a trend that many of us here are familiar with. When they are actually allowed the opportunity to play, white athletes hold their own and/or excel. Looking through the boxscores, one will notice that many games had a white player as the leading receiver. With whites making up only a small percent of the runners, receivers and tight ends this is worth noting.

Julian Edelman led the way with 6 for 90
Riley Cooper tops the Eagles with 3 for 61
Chad Hall followed Coop with 2 for 60
John Matthews led the Jaguars with receptions with 4 and had 41 yards and a TD
Chris Cooley tied for the team lead with 3 receptions
Kerry Meier led the way with 2 for 27
Dan Gronkowski had top honors for the Lions with 2 for 31
Tim Toone also had 2 for 23
Max Komar led the Cards with 2 for 42
Peyton Hillis tied for team lead with 3 receptions (34 yards)
Garrett Mills led the Vikings with yards with 106 (4 receptions)
Logan Payne led the Vikings with 7 receptions (52 yards) Both guys had TDs
Billy Latsko led the Chargers with 2 for 36 yards
Marc Mariani tied for team lead with 3 receptions (21 yards)
The top 4 receivers for the Colts were white: White (38), Collie (28), Tamme (26) & Gonzalez (18)
Nate Byham led the 49ers with 3 for 52
Jordan Shipley topped the Bengals with 5 for 50
Danny Woodhead led the Jets with 5 receptions (41 yards)

So what does this amount to? Not much. The DWFs have short term memories and will forget all of this when these guys are cut, relegated to practice squads or buried on the bench. Therefore, white athletes can dominate in HS, college, and NFL preseason games but yet they are still not allowed to play. I truly hate the NFL more and more each season.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
whiteathlete33 said:

Woodhead lined up at tailback exclusively, never in the slot (at least from what I saw). His catches were check-downsafter he had released from the backfield.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
With Woodhead the key question is whether Tomlinson has anything left or not. Joe McKnight has loser written all over him so far. If Tomlinson's washed up, Woodhead could be used a fair amount on third downs or as a change of pace back.

It remains to be seen how Shonn Greene will hold up as the featured runner. Woodhead has a good chance of being used more this year because it's not hard to see one, two, or even all three of the Jets' "real" running backs being either terrible or injured.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Good summary, Freethinker. Isn't it amazing what white athletes can do when given a chance?

Of course, we seldom get that chance in the regular season due to rampant racism.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
celticdb15 said:
whiteathlete33 said:

<div></div>Woodhead lined up at tailback exclusively, never in the slot (at least from what I saw). His catches were check-downsafter he had released from the backfield.

Interesting. Almost 8 yards a pop on check down passes is pretty decent. We'll see what LT has left just like Don said. It will probably take McKnight some time to adjust to the pro game. He reminds me of Reggie Bush. Both came into the league with a lot of hype, but they are not physical players. Right now I guarantee that Danny is a better inside runner than McKnight, even though the media constantly ridicules Danny's lack of height.