2010 NFL Preseason

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Peyton Hillis had 12 rushes for 51 yards!
smiley20.gif

TwentyTwo

Master
Way to go Peyton Hillis!

Eric Decker had 5 receptions for 66 yards!
Garrett Graham had 3 rec 32 yds 1 TD! David Anderson 3 rec 61 yds...Joel Dreeson 3 for 55...Kevin Walter 1 for 32...Saints FB-Zac Keasey had a TD rec
John Kuhn played tailback in the 4th qtr had 6 carries for 30 yards + TD rec
Jordy Nelson 3rec for 39yds....Bret Swain 2 for 34....
LB-Spencer Havner had a nice INT
Brock Bolen had a TD rushing & TD rec!
Chad Kackert 2 carries for 5 yards + 1 rec 19 yards
Anthony Fasano had a 55 yard TD
Danny Woodhead 4 carries 12 yards + 1 rec 5 yds...while Joe McKnight had 11 carries 28 yards for a whopping 2.5avgEdited by: TwentyTwo

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
TwentyTwo said:
Eric Decker had 5 receptions for 66 yards!
Anthony Fasano had a 55 yard TD

It's fair to say the White bashers at Rotoworld weren't impressed with Fasano's big game:

Anthony Fasano caught two passes for 66 yards and two touchdowns against the Jaguars in Saturday's preseason game. How does a lumbering tight end go 40 yards untouched into the end zone for a 55-yard score? Fasano chipped in another 11-yard touchdown, both from starter Chad Henne. He was Chad Pennington's favorite red-zone target two years ago before a disappointing season last year.

I saw some of the Broncos game and Decker looks healthy, and played very well. A sixth would-be reception was called back on a penalty.

qj

Guru
BeyondFedUp said:
On the other side of the coin, the greatest thing about that game was (con)vick going 1 for 6 for a whole FIVE yeards and...TWO interceptions!!!!LOLOLOL!
smiley32.gif

Ha, ha!! How true.
smiley17.gif

qj

Guru
I had the privilege of watching Decker when he was at MN. Very, very good receiver, and big and strong. Definitely a top receiver. I think he has a very good chance because he's a big target and great, great receiver. Isn't it kinda strange that some of the most productive receivers (stat wise) in the big conferences such as the Pac-10 (Hass) and Big 10 (Decker) happen to be white?

Tom Iron

Mentor
Looks like the best qb for the bucs is another White guy, Rudy Carpenter. I wonder how they'll break the news to him at the end of camp that they're getting cutting him?

Tom Iron...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Cody Slate (KC) had 3 catches for 37 yards.

From watching yesterday's Carolina game, I have no doubt that some of their sumos are even heavier than what they're listed as. Travelle Wharton (who has always been disgustingly fat) and Mackenzy Bernadeau stand-out as examples of this.

Wharton:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5619

312 pounds? Yeah, right!!

Mackenzy:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11484

Projected to be the new starter at Guard, this WGA is from tiny Bentley college... I saw a disgustingly-fat #73 standing on the sidelines when the game was almost over, so I decided to check the Panther's roster to see who he was.. No way is he "only" 308 pounds!

snow

Mentor
Marc Mariani just had a60 yard kickoff return for the Titans after Max Komar caught a22 yard td pass for the CardinalsEdited by: snow

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Saw a replay of the Tampa-KC game yesterday. The Bucs had a grand total of 2 white starters.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Marc Mariani has got serious skill, with the explosiveness NFL teams covet- and could work his way to becoming a starting WR before long in a fair league IMO. I think Max Komar would probably make a team as their last WR (as future flanker prospect, but probably more likely a future starting slot WR) if he were black and continues to show potential like he did this past game. Two different types of players, but both have the tools to be NFL players.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Colts and Packers are playing right now. Perhaps the two most relatively "White friendly" teams in the league, emphasis on the word "relatively." The Colts sport an all-black defense as usual; the Packers are down to two White LBs and nine blacks on defense. Greg Jennings is out with a minor injury so James Jones got the start over Jordy Nelson. For the Colts, no sign yet of Austin Collie; it's been Wayne and Garcon with Gonzalez occasionally in as the third receiver. Nine out of ten o-linemen are White, otherwise they look little different from any other NFL team.

snow

Mentor
I really hope Collie isn't demoted after having a good season last year with 917 yards and 9 touchdowns (that includes the postseason)

Looks like Welker is returning back to form and hopefully has another 100+ rec /1,000+ yard season. He has 2 catches or 42 yards with a long of 39 so far. Amendola has 5 receptions for 50.

Several teams could use Nelson as a number 1 or number 2 receiver but he just happens to be stuck behind guys like Driver.... just like Gerhart happens to be stuck behind Peterson.....

I think Jordy's biggest problem is he doesn't fit in the slot receiver mold, he is best on the outside, I remember pretty much every pass he caught his rookie season he was lined up on the outside. Teams are reluctant to put a white guy on the outside. If they were willing to put him there as a starter he could easily have a 1,000 yard season.... but then that might challenge the stereotype that white guys can only be slot receivers, couldn't have that happen.....

Edited by: snow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently Collie is nicked up because he didn't dress for the game.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Snow, I couldn't agree more on Nelson. James Jones may actually realistically be the bettter slot prospect because of his smaller size, burst off the line- and ability to make a very quick cut or two with good footwork.

Nelson is better on the outside, he has more long speed, might adjust to the ball better and has better reach for the jump ball. Nelson is stronger and runs the deeper routes better than Jones. Interestingly Nelson is better after the catch- despite Jones short area quickness, due to a better feel for where the tacklers will be.

Expect Collie to play in 3 WR sets as the slot WR and Gonzalez and Garcon to rotate as the outside Flankers.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The preseason has been INSANELY boring, and the INSANE number of commercials doesn't help matters!

I'm pretty much just hoping for afflete injuries, and hoping that our guys, particularly our STUDS, end-up relatively unscaved.

Rob Gronkowski was a beast yesterday! If he can manage to stay healthy, he could have a nice season.

The New England and Indy defenses' will likely have problems, again, this season..

Edited by: Deadlift

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Rob Gronkowski was a beast yesterday! If he can manage to stay healthy, he could have a nice season.

New England hasn't had an elite TE for many moons. Nobodies like Ben Watson, Daniel Graham, Jermaine Wiggins, Chris Baker, and Christian Fauria were never productive.

They completely wasted Garrett Mills, and severely underused David Thomas"¦hopefully Gronkowski's talents are utilized.Edited by: Thrashen

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The way the top two White tight ends were drafted this year is curious. Gronkowski is taken by New England, who then immediately drafts another tight end, Aaron Hernandez. Dennis Pitta lasted until the fourth round when Baltimore selected him, but not before they had drafted Ed Dickson the round before. How often does a team take a tight end in back-to-back early rounds? Never or almost never. It's reminiscent of how Gerhart, Hester and Leonard conveniently were taken by teams that had one of the top RBs in the league at the time. . .

TwentyTwo

Master
Also with Eric Decker selected in 3rd round...Denver alreadytook Demaryius Thomas in the 1st Round..it's only acceptable to be #2 WR if your white or else it doesn't fit the agenda.

Gronkowski is a stud..hope he stays healthy his future looks bright!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The way the top two White tight ends were drafted this year is curious. Gronkowski is taken by New England, who then immediately drafts another tight end, Aaron Hernandez. Dennis Pitta lasted until the fourth round when Baltimore selected him, but not before they had drafted Ed Dickson the round before. How often does a team take a tight end in back-to-back early rounds? Never or almost never. It's reminiscent of how Gerhart, Hester and Leonard conveniently were taken by teams that had one of the top RBs in the league at the time. . .

Yeah, real convenient.
smiley5.gif
To quote Bill (Bojangles) Robinson: this is certainly what I call a Co-in-sidunce!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I watched a few minutes of the Jets-Blackskins game. These teams are among the worst. I thought Mike Wright would be a starter for the Jets but it looks like he will not. Also Pool will be starting instead of Eric Smith. Two white safeties starting on the same team would be too much to bear apparently.

The Blackskins are just as bad. It looks like Carikker will start for them on defense and possibly Reed Doughty. On offense the only white starters will be Casey Rabach who plays center and of course Chris Cooley. Absolutely pathetic stuff.