Winter Olympics

Bart

Hall of Famer
Poacher said:
Maybe it's because every time a woman wins a medal it's portrayed as an implied victory for feminism and "women's rights." Another nail in our collective coffin.

It seems that most of the coverage revolves around the womens events. For a change of pace they show us a silly sissy-boy twirling around the ice like a fairy princess.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I don't think those short-track speed skaters get enough credit. I just watched one of the races, and the grace, speed, and agility of those guys was phenomenal. The Korean who won the race was dead last til the second to last lap, and suddenly blew past everyone on the outside and took a huge lead to win the heat.

I'm not much of a skater myself, ice, roller, or board, so watching these guys haul ass, cross their feet, and slide between other racers at full speed, is very intriguing and incredible to me. Much more so than dribbling a basketball or throwing a football. At least in those sports, you're standing on your own two feet, on dry ground!
smiley36.gif

I really gotta start watching more hockey.
smiley5.gif

Weltner

Guru
Southern Knight said:
Hilarious! I have to admit, I've watched the interviews with America's snowboarding champions during the Olympics, and I believe this girl did us all a favor by losing, and thus sparing us the embarassment of having another one of these stoners give an interview to a worldwide audience.

"Yeah, dude, I was shreddin' it pretty good, feelin' it the whole way down, just doin' my thaaaang...I botched the topside ollie and had to land fakey but it's all good, you know."

One of the women snowboarders actually said "We have to go pee in a cup, now!" at the end of an interview. Real nice, Sweetie. You're all class, babydoll, I'm sure the 'rents are real proud of you.

I cringe when I hear Americans talking like this. I really wish the US could perform well in the REAL events, and not just the events that NBC had put into the Olympics to guarantee medals for the US. (Women's ice hockey?).

Man alive!Now I don't feel so bad about her losing!
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I hope Hedrick wins his last two races. He is talking a lot of trash and painting himself in a corner. Yes, I know, black affaletes do it all the time, but as you also know, rarely is ever anything negative said about it later. Shold Heddrick lose again, you can bet he will get a ton of negative publicity from it, especially after calling out Shani Davis.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Let's go Chad tonight. The major problem I had with Shani pulling out of the team skate was he only gave them four days notice he was doing that when he had stated before he was going to participate. He likely cost three of his teammates at least a bronze medal. But it's "all about me" of course...on a side note...have you noticed that when alot of national anthems are played and flags raised that there are alot of tears shed. I think that's a good thing..It just goes to show that there is still some patriotism and nationalism out there and that the "global community" hasn't arrived in full yet.

White_Savage

Mentor
foreverfree said:
Sorry, I'm not a martial arts fan.

John

Then you should be, because trust me dude, this ain't your Hong Kong Ku-roddy
smiley4.gif
, it's the greatest contest of power, speed, skill and courage since the gladitorial era.

I can't say MMA is the most White dominated sport on the planet, since there are I think 4 or 5 recognizable black fighters, but it's close.

Not to impune on the skills of the ice skaters and what not, but come on guys...if the UFC and Winter Olympics were both on...which one is gonna win your viewership 110% of the time?
smiley4.gif

Bunnyman

Guru
Well, looks like an Italian beat both the Americans. Think the Italian will land on the cover of the Post?

Bart

Hall of Famer
Bunnyman said:
Well, looks like an Italian beat both the Americans. Think the Italian will land on the cover of the Post?

Way to go Enrico! And no, he won't grace any covers.

Well, had Davis won this thing then we would have never heard the end of it. At least now they can not claim that he is the worlds BEST speed skater. Cheek has a gold and a silver. Hendrick has a gold a bronze and will get anouther gold in the 10,000 for sure. Hendrick is clearly the best speed skater out there.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Fabrice doesn't matter: Davis beat Hendrick, and that after all of Hendrick's boasting and guarantees that he would not lose again. If he had taken the silver, maybe. But for Hendrick to lose to Davis in the event that Hendrick was 'supposed' to win, after all the hype.. it just makes Hendrick look even worse.

If Shani Davis could have controlled his tongue, he would have come out looking really good at the press conference, having won a gold and bested his arch-nemesis in a race he wasn't supposed to win. But he opened his mouth. He has turned out to be his own worst enemy. He could have been a real hero, and would have received even more publicity. We should thank him for being a major *******, so his wins don't bring him and the myth of black athletic superiority even more publicity than they would have otherwise.

Kaptain

Master
White Shogun said:
Fabrice doesn't matter: Davis beat Hendrick, and that after all of Hendrick's boasting and guarantees that he would not lose again. If he had taken the silver, maybe. But for Hendrick to lose to Davis in the event that Hendrick was 'supposed' to win, after all the hype.. it just makes Hendrick look even worse.

I've never heard of Hendrick guaranteeing a victory. WS, are you sure about this? Also I haven't heard the boasting. Could you post what he has boasted about and guaranteed?

My opinion is that the media has an uncanny ability to twist things around so that the white athlete is always wrong and blacks are always right. The latest thing I have heard is that Hedrick was selfish because he wanted 5 gold medals and Davis did nothing wrong. Even if Hedrick was upset at Davis for ruining his chances at 5 golds, SO WHAT! That IS a legitimate reason. DAVIS PULLED OUT OF THE TEAM EVENT THAT HE COMMITTED TO. PERIOD. He ruined everyone's chances of medaling, and yes that includes Hedrick's. They should all be mad at him.

Kaptain

Master
Let's not also forget that Hedrick and Joey Cheek still have a good chance of collecting more hardware than Davis. Though Hedrick lost to Davis in the 1500, Davis could not even compete in all the events that Hedrick dominates in. Hedrick and Cheek are all around better speed skaters than Davis. Don't lose sight of that.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Poop, I doubt I can find the links again with Hedrick's quote(s). What I remember specifically was that he said he would not lose again, after losing to Davis in the 1000. It certainly does not reach the level of hubris of the typical black athlete, for sure, but as you can already see, his image is the one that has suffered, not Davis'.

Gary

Mentor
The top 3 nations for medals are Germany, Austria and Norway. Austria has a small population but has more medals then South Korea and China put together!!!!

Kaptain

Master
White Shogun said:
Poop, I doubt I can find the links again with Hedrick's quote(s). What I remember specifically was that he said he would not lose again, after losing to Davis in the 1000. It certainly does not reach the level of hubris of the typical black athlete, for sure, but as you can already see, his image is the one that has suffered, not Davis'.

Isn't that true of anyone who openly critisizes a black afflete? The media will always spin it around. Hedrick had a perfect right to be critical of Davis and should not have to keep his mouth shut about it no matter how the media predictably spins it.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Poop, we're on the same side, we're just saying it differently. Check my post in the "Black Olympian" thread.

guest301

Hall of Famer
ESPN"s Cold Pizza was basically throwing Hedrick under the bus today. John Kruk was the guest host today and it seems like he is alot like Mike Golic, "caste system" all the way. Skip Bayless was talking about Chad's "plastic smile" and that the whole story about Chad's grandmother and best friend who has been dead for 13 years was much too "overblown" and seemed to be saying that Chad was overhyping the story for drama purposes. How does he know that? Why is Chad the bad guy when Shani pulled out of the team race four days before the event? Is Chad bad because he called him out on it? I hope Chad wins gold in the 10,000 and shuts alot of his critics up.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Can you imagine if the U.S. Olympic team was all black except for one white, and he acted as arrogantly and selfishly as Davis? He would be roasted by the media. Jeremy Wariner gave up the anchor leg on the 4x400 even though he had earned it, choosing instead to let one of his black teammates have the honor. How fitting that the first black to win an individual gold medal has so many of his race's unpleasant personality traits.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I hope Chad wins gold in the 10,000 and shuts alot of his critics up.

Chad could win gold in the 10,000, make peace between Israel and the Palestinians, solve the energy crisis, and invent a cure for AIDS, but it wouldn't shut up his critics. He committed the most egregious of sins: he criticized a black man, upbraiding him for his unsportsmanlike behavior.

And one just doesn't do that.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Maybe it would shut them up for a fortnight! I wish Chad would just go ahead and totally speak his mind and say what he actually thinks of Shani and what he did. Chad is already taking it on the chin and so what does he have to lose. Besides usually after the Olympics are over, most of these athletes are forgotten about. Sometimes(financially speaking) bad publicity is better than no publicity. Besides, I think alot of people are on Chad's side. Chad has stated he wants to be a actor and staying in the public eye might just give him the opportunity for that.

JD074

Master
White Shogun said:
Fabrice doesn't matter:

Yes he does. We're forgetting the bigger picture: a white man beat a black man. Ultimately that's what matters. Screw Hendrick. I appreciate how morally upstanding you guys are, but this is the real world. Rule #1 for white athletes: keep your mouth shut. That's the way it is. He can't control how the media interprets his words, or his row with Davis. So don't give them cannon fodder. Let these black athletes hang themselves with their own words and deeds.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
White Shogun said:
Fabrice doesn't matter:

Yes he does. We're forgetting the bigger picture: a white man beat a black man. Ultimately that's what matters. Screw Hendrick. I appreciate how morally upstanding you guys are, but this is the real world. Rule #1 for white athletes: keep your mouth shut. That's the way it is. He can't control how the media interprets his words, or his row with Davis. So don't give them cannon fodder. Let these black athletes hang themselves with their own words and deeds.

Fabrice doesn't matter in the context of the row between Hedrick and Davis.

Fabrice doesn't matter to the American psyche and the destruction of the Caste System. After all, Davis is THE FIRST BLACK OLYMPIAN TO WIN GOLD IN AN INDIVIDUAL EVENT BLAH BLAH BLAH. Thats all anyone in the USA will remember, or really, even care about.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
White Shogun said:
Fabrice doesn't matter in the context of the row between Hedrick and Davis.

Exactly. Who gives a sh*t? A white man beat a black man. Period.

A black man from the USA beat a white man from the USA, whom was favored to win the event outright, after having expressed his displeasure with the black man.

I see your point; Fabrice won. But I'm saying that the rest of the world doesn't see it that way. All they see is the world's first black Winter Olympics gold medal winner, who beat the guy they say was talking trash about said black gold medal winner before the event. The USA doesn't give a sh*t about any body winning a medal from any country but the USA, let alone some guy whom nobody outside of Italy has ever heard. If you think that anybody outside of Italy is talking about how great Fabrice is after winning that event, you're mistaken. The only ones who care or who see it that way are racially-aware whites, all 200 of us.