White Purge 2012

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mark Dominik is the TB GM. Also the black racist Giants GM Jerry Reese is another to keep our eye on.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I believe a lot of the most racist teams will underachieve this season. Jeff Lurie has said Fat Bastard will be gone if the Eagles once again are .500 or worse. There's a strong possibility that will happen since the Giants and Cowboys appear to be better than them.

Tampa should struggle again this year, the Chargers should continue their decline, and the Crawfords (Steelers) should miss the playoffs. Arizona should be mediocre. Seattle may contend in their weak division due to the adrenaline rush provided by Petie Boy and Russell Wilson, but I don't see them being anywhere near a championship contender.

Not that all these teams flopping will change the Caste System any, but it's always enjoyable to see.

TwentyTwo

Master
Nice reality run down on those teams Don.

There are dwf's around every corner..however i saw some positive replies about Nate Eachus...saying the one time 5th stringer deserved to make the squad ahead RB's like draft pick Cyrus Gray. Eachus produces..simple as that!

Disappointing cuts every year..hopefully some of these players will land on another team..they will probably stash Gideon & Baker on a practice squad...what's up Grimm & Schillinger getting cut??

Danny Coale?? Durham?? Surely Douglas on a practice squad...Swain looked good this pre-season! Is Meier's knee 100%...will miss Shipley..suprised he made it this far after all of the injuries in college.

What is the reason Brian Leonard can not be a feature back?? Hester should apply Hillis & Gerhart's attitude!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Nice reality run down on those teams Don.

There are dwf's around every corner..however i saw some positive replies about Nate Eachus...saying the one time 5th stringer deserved to make the squad ahead RB's like draft pick Cyrus Gray. Eachus produces..simple as that!

Disappointing cuts every year..hopefully some of these players will land on another team..they will probably stash Gideon & Baker on a practice squad...what's up Grimm & Schillinger getting cut??

Danny Coale?? Durham?? Surely Douglas on a practice squad...Swain looked good this pre-season! Is Meier's knee 100%...will miss Shipley..suprised he made it this far after all of the injuries in college.

What is the reason Brian Leonard can not be a feature back?? Hester should apply Hillis & Gerhart's attitude!
Seeing Eachus survive cutdown day, made my day. Otherwise today was rather depressing..... It was nice to see that KC had an open mind and let the kid earn reps. Maybe this could revive the White scholar tailback, maybe I'm just dreaming in technicolour I hope not....:icon_wink:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing Eachus survive cutdown day, made my day. Otherwise today was rather depressing..... It was nice to see that KC had an open mind and let the kid earn reps. Maybe this could revive the White scholar tailback, maybe I'm just dreaming in technicolour I hope not....:icon_wink:

That's five White tailbacks, including two on one team, the most in the NFL in I would guess a good 25 or 30 years, maybe longer.

Hillis and Eachus with KC, Gerhart, Woodhead, and Leonard. Hillis and Gerhart both have a shot at 1,000 yards, but at the least Hillis should have 800+ and Gerhart 600+ even if Adrian Peterson is as miraculously healed as he claims to be. How much Woodhead plays this season is hard to gauge right now. Leonard I'm hoping will be this year's "emergency" breakthrough due to injury and/or prolonged poor play on the part of Green-Ellis and Scott. He's clearly the best running back on the Bengals, but of course that doesn't mean a thing without other factors breaking his way.

bigunreal

Mentor
The first round of purges actually wasn't too bad. It's like someone from the NFL front office contacts these teams and orders "cut more whites." That's how blatant it is. What's truly sad is that the results are achieved just as surely as if there was a league wide meeting devoted to keeping the number of white players at a certain number.

Shipley getting cut in favor of the atrocious black receivers on the Bucs was particularly bad. Imagine that- one injury will probably cost him his career. Again, white players simply cannot permit themselves to get injured. Ebert being cut after the waiving of all black veterans was also disappointing.

They don't even have to send out a memo regarding this, but it's crystal clear that there is a policy which every team understands, that limits the number of total white players league wide, the number of whites on an individual team's roster, and the number of skill position white players in the league. We all know how there is certainly a very specific number of white players drafted every year, which never deviates a handful either way.

Five white RBs in the league seems absurd, but as Don points out, it's the most we've seen in a long time. The same goes for white WRs. All we can do is hope the Caste System continues to erode at a snail's pace, and that maybe 100 years from now, things will almost be fair.

Kaptain

Master
Shipley and Hester were a surprise cut. But both players had absolutely no shot at playing significant time where they were. Hester would have been wise to complain or beg for the ball and ask for a trade years ago, back when everyone still had some kind of memory of his great college performances. No way Raheem or the Bungles for that matter were going to feature Shipley in any kind of starting role. Perhaps his rookie and college performances are fresh enough in people's mind to land him a spot somewhere decent.

referendum

Mentor
I had been following CBS sports roster projections over the last few weeks so had a sense of how things might play out. On the wide receive front it was projected that guys like Maehl, Swain, Hall etc we're not going to make the team. Whats most frustrating is that most white WR's who were right on the edge to making their team didn't (Coale, Cooper, Hogan) and the only surprises in a positive direction were Toome and Martin, and who knows how long they will stay on the roster.

wile

Master
A little background, the Caste Bears cut some mediocre black WR named Davis last week and he had some loser words for Cutler, basically saying it was Cutler who chose Sanz and if Jay speaks he gets his way.

So maybe Jay is wise to the caste system?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
A little background, the Caste Bears cut some mediocre black WR named Davis last week and he had some loser words for Cutler, basically saying it was Cutler who chose Sanz and if Jay speaks he gets his way.

So maybe Jay is wise to the caste system?
Probably not. But most quarterbacks DO want receivers that can get open and catch the ball. Davis can't do either of those things, he just thinks he should have made the roster over the honky cracker Sanzenbacher because Davis thinks he "looks" better and it beez "their" position, like RB.

referendum

Mentor
Danny Coale to Cowboys practice squad, this is bad news in that no team claimed him, good news in that he'll have a decent shot at being called up if/when one of the other receivers goes down to injury or whatever.

Highlander

Mentor
So far, the Pats have signed three to their practice squad:

Eric Kettani
Alex Slivestro
Jeff Tarpinian

EDIT: They just added OL Matt Kopa as well.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bobby Carpenter released by the Patriots. Surprised the Patriots didn't sign Ebert to their PS.

Miami Dolphins WR Chris Hogan aka "Mr. 7-11, because he's always open" was also cut. It wouldn't be a surprised to see him on the practice squad.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kris Durham signed to the Lions practice squad.

backrow

Hall of Famer
cuts were real rough on WRs and defensive talent this year... i am very happy about Eachus, but why does he have to be on a team with two good runningbacks?

EDIT: Evan Moore signed by Seahawks (who cut Kellen Winslow to be able to sign Moore), and Tank Carder apparently has a chance to start for the Browns!

Last edited:

Truthteller

Mentor
cuts were real rough on WRs and defensive talent this year... i am very happy about Eachus, but why does he have to be on a team with two good runningbacks?

Honestly, Nate might be lucky just to make it until October, unless he stands out right off the bat. Let's not forget, Wes Welker made the Chargers after a super 2004 pre-season and was cut after week 1, to make room for Tim Dwight, who was returning from a minor injury. I guess it never occurred to the Chargers they could keep two white WR's? Funny thing about that, is Welker was quoted as saying he was "shocked" when he was cut, because he thought once you made the 53 man roster you stayed there all year. Obviously he was wrong.

All it will take is some "suppa hero" tweaking a hammy on defense, and Crennel could have an excuse to purge the kid -- we needed an extra CB or DT next week, so we cut Nate and signed him to the practice squad.

I guess this stands for all whites who were "on the bubble". Look at veteran Bobby Carpenter, who was just cut to make room for Josh McDaniels' worthless pet project Greg Salas?

backrow

Hall of Famer
heh, at least Salas is white(ish).

Chris 7-11 Hogan got signed to Dolphs PS.

Tom Iron

Mentor
I agree with what you guys are saying for the most part, but there's a bright side as well. It's my opinion many of these teams have bitten off more than they can chew with all these black qbs. I see the black guys in Seattle, TB, Washington, Philadelphia and even Carolina either not starting by the end of the year, or splitting duty at best. The offWhite jet QB will be 2-3 string by game 4-5.

Tom Iron...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I count a total of 17 white receivers after all the cuts. That's about where we are every season. This is out of a total 177 receivers on active rosters. Slightly under 10 percent!

Truthteller

Mentor
I count a total of 17 white receivers after all the cuts. That's about where we are every season. This is out of a total 177 receivers on active rosters. Slightly under 10 percent!

A few months back Seattlefan posted some very good numbers from some left-wing group, which broke down NFL rosters by race at each position, dating back quite a few years. I thought the number of white WR's were on the rise since 2004 (Welker's rookie year) -- into the mid teens (percentage wise). Below 10 percent is clearly a stignificant step backwards in a very short period of time.

But should it come as any surprise, considering how few white WR's have been drafted the last few years? Just two last spring and only one made his team (Wylie). Don't remember how many white WR's were picked in 2011, but it wasn't a lot (I can't even think of one)...In 2009, Collie and Hartline were the only two picked, both start, but many other deserving white WR's where kicked to the curb, while Brian Robiskie and Ramses Barden types have been allowed to stink up the league and retain jobs.

P.S: Seems to me a lot of talented white latter round picks and undrafted free agents wind up on practice squads after very good pre-seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage of white WR's on practice squads was over 15% of the total WR's on p=squads. It's almost like teams really want to keep them, but don't want to "upset the applecart" (poison the locker room) and infuriate blacks who feel it's "their position". Giants' David Douglas is a great example. By all accounts he really outplayed recent high picks Jernigan and Barden, yet they made the team and he was relegated to the p-squad?

P.S 2x: I differ from many and agree with my friend Thrashen, I don't count Salas as white. Not even close....to me he's the typical new ERA California Boy -- clearly Mexican. No doubt he was only drafted that high because the league wanted to add some Mexican flavor to the mix...White WR's with his size and speed come dime a dozen, except they don't get drafted as high as Salas, with similar skills. Matter of fact, I'd say most white WR's with similar size, skills and numbers to Salas will rarely ever be drafted -- i.e Sanzenbacher, Maehl, Josh Cooper, Cole Beasley, David Douglas, ect....

Thrashen's Post: http://www.castefootball.us/forums/threads/13063-Greg-Salas?p=212629&viewfull=1#post212629

Last edited: