White Purge 2012

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kerry Meier cut by the Falcons and Josh Cooper by the Blacks.

referendum

Mentor
The Meier cut is really disappointing as he was projected to make the Falcons, Cooper was always a long shot or at best 50-50 chance. Also, Falcons cut Mike Cox their starting fullback.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Sorry about that Don...I thought I was in the purge thread...my apologies

dwid

Hall of Famer
The Meier cut is really disappointing as he was projected to make the Falcons, Cooper was always a long shot or at best 50-50 chance. Also, Falcons cut Mike Cox their starting fullback.
as for your post in the other thread, I don't think this is the worst year for White receivers in a while. Amendola is healthy and will be starting. Collie is going to be ready week 1, there is Eric Decker and Jordy Nelson, not to mention Wes Welker. Brian Hartline is still recovering and nobody has stepped up to take his job away. Marvin McNutt, the Eagles draft pick this year was just cut, it was said that he would take Cooper's spot, so he remains in the same situation as last year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ebert has been cut as well. Sure there are a few big names but alot of young talented wrs are getting cut and just destroying any depth league wide.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Off the top of my head the following WRs have been cut today:
Danny Coale
Lance Long
Chad Hall
Kerry Meier
Kris Durham
Brett Swain
Jeff Maehl
David Douglas
Dan DePalma
Jeremy Ebert

Cole Beasley and Tim Toone made the Cowboys and Falcons respectively.

bigunreal

Mentor
Typical purging day. This odious league is nothing if not predictable. I think my complaints about white players getting injured are being borne out by some of the sad situations we see today.

Shipley went from being the acknowledged slot receiver to being cut, because he was slow to recover from an injury. Coale was talked up as being the favorite for the #3 WR in Dallas, but after being injured he was waived. That's the case for many of these white players being waived. I'm just shocked that Miami was patient with Hartline.

That's the reality here- these white players are already facing extremely long odds, and they simply cannot afford to be injured, or not to recover quickly if they are injured. While all coaches have infinite patience with any injured afflete, even the most skilled white players can be quickly discarded if their injury lingers.

Overall, the situation for white WRs at least is better than it was ten years ago. However, the White Purge should remind us that there is still a lot of work to do.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Off the top of my head the following WRs have been cut today:
Danny Coale
Lance Long
Chad Hall
Kerry Meier
Kris Durham
Brett Swain
Jeff Maehl
David Douglas
Dan DePalma
Jeremy Ebert

Cole Beasley and Tim Toone made the Cowboys and Falcons respectively.

Maehl never had a chance with all the talented young affletic receivers Houston brought in, all of whom will probably end up being worse than the "super-affletic" Jacoby Jones turned out to be.

Long, Hall, Douglas and DePalma likely won't get any legitimate opportunities.

Coale and Ebert have a good shot at being on the Dallas and New England practice squads respectively, or someone else's if not. I would hope Durham and Meier and maybe Swain get signed elsewhere.

Meier is the biggest head scratcher as he had supposedly wrapped up the #4 spot on the Falcons. He has a lot of talent. He gets cut but Toone makes the team? Bizarre.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I'm about fed up beyond return w/ the NFL. Quite honestly, I'm very tempted to not waste any time watching one game or even one snap (...as I've boycotted watching any/all Yo.B.A). :mad2: That'd actually be quite easy for me to do as we scrapped the h3llivision a few years ago.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think David Douglas may find his way onto another team - he was pretty impressive in preseason.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Andy Tanner waived by the Saints. I doubt he would have made it even if he wasn't injured. New Orleans has a no White WR policy.

Scott McKillop waived by the Bills.

Blake Gideon waved by Arizona.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jacob Hester is waived by the Chargers - one of the more screwed over players in recent memory - a fairly high round draft pick who was never given a shot besides being a battering ram and wstd.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jacob Hester is waived by the Chargers - one of the more screwed over players in recent memory - a fairly high round draft pick who was never given a shot besides being a battering ram and wstd.

The Chargers have become, to use a favorite CF adjective, one of the most odious teams in the league.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Chargers have become, to use a favorite CF adjective, one of the most odious teams in the league.

Don - I was about to make a comment about San Diego. They were a fairly white friendly team for a few years but have really strayed away from that lately.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Vikings released Nick Reed, Jeff Charleston and Chase Baker.

The Titans cut athletic freak DT Zach Clayton - who is better than Nick Fairley

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Chargers also cut Ricky Elmore. I don't think they have a single White d-lineman or LB on the roster. And they've gone majority sumo on the o-line. I'll be rooting for a last place finish for San Diego, which I think will happen as Denver will be very good and KC is improved. Oakland may or may not be better, but as I wrote in the Chargers forum I predict the "odious" Norv Turner will be fired before the season is over.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just another depressing season - so many good white players getting cut. I know some of them will be signed over the course of the season but it really does not look like any dents will be made to the caste system.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
On another forum people are complaining that Eachus made the Chiefs - they are saying he needs to move to FB...their really is no hope with the caste system - no one seems to want to question the status quo

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The gap toothed caste whore cut Shipley. The Bucaneers are going to be a very black team this season. Cody Grimm and Sean Baker were both cut at safety. Jacob Cutera was cut at LB as well. The overrated black quarterback freeman will get at least 3 more seasons to prove he is mediocre.

Truthteller

Mentor
Don - I was about to make a comment about San Diego. They were a fairly white friendly team for a few years but have really strayed away from that lately.

Leonardfan, back in 2010 I addressed the Chargers situation in several threads. I believe the big change in demographics occured when Randy Mueller showed up. Here what I posted about him 2 years ago (scroll down a bit for info in the thread). Nothing has changed, except he's made the Chargers even darker and they keep slipping in the standings:

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/...Diego-Chargers?p=207576&viewfull=1#post207576

Quick Notes:

Hester being cut should come as no surprise, as he actually demoted to backup fullback after last season. No one carries two FB's anymore. Sucks he lost his job, but he came off as a stupid bumpkin at times. Even when he ran the ball well in a few games during his career (due to multiple affletes being injured), he blabbered on and on to media how he's "just a hard worker" and "limited athletically, compared to the others"...Instead of doing what Toby and Hillis did, which is to sell themselves as athletes and tailbacks. He's gone for now, which isn't bad -- he going nowhere with Mueller and Norv. Don't be surprised if he's picked up elsewhere, but only as a special teams mascot...and perhaps, at best, as a Brian Leonard third down back. Even that might be a "pipe dream", for the self described "hard working", "limited athlete"?

other notable cut, not mentioned in this thread?

Shann Schillinger (S) cut.
Tyler Beiler (WR) cut.
Chase Reynolds (RB) cut.
Nick Hayden (DT) cut.
Mike Mohamed (LB) cut.
Tim Fugger (LB) cut.
Dom DeCicco (LB) cut.

Truthteller

Mentor
The gap toothed caste whore cut Shipley. The Bucaneers are going to be a very black team this season. Cody Grimm and Sean Baker were both cut at safety. Jacob Cutera was cut at LB as well. The overrated black quarterback freeman will get at least 3 more seasons to prove he is mediocre.

I mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago, Shipley should not have signed until he recovered (close to 100%) from his knee injury-- even if he sat out until October. He left the Bengals, mostly due to injury...Now it will appear he's really "shot", because the Bucs cleansed him also. Bad move.

Grimm is the son of Russ Grimm and played real well as a rookie and sophomore starter, until he was injured. He might've been the only white "goy" Raheem Morris liked during his days in Tampa. Raheem's in Washington (where Russ played) and today, former Bucs safety Tanard Jackson was suspended (drugs) by the NFL indefinitely...he's done, very likely...Perhaps Grimm goes back to Washington? Baker is in a tough spot, too, considering he's not the son of a Hall of Famer.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Truthteller,

I just went back and read your posts on Mueller. Thanks so much for that info - really eye opening stuff. All the evidence you present really lays out what a self hating caste whore he is.

On a side note: This site has not been as active as in years past during this time of year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Leonardfan, back in 2010 I addressed the Chargers situation in several threads. I believe the big change in demographics occured when Randy Mueller showed up. Here what I posted about him 2 years ago (scroll down a bit for info in the thread). Nothing has changed, except he's made the Chargers even darker and they keep slipping in the standings:

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/...Diego-Chargers?p=207576&viewfull=1#post207576

You hit the nail on the head there, Truthteller. I had forgotten about Mueller and I always remembered A. J. Smith as being not too bad compared to a lot of NFL GMs and was trying to figure out why San Diego has changed so dramatically toward being coal black the past few years.

Mueller and Kevin Colbert of the Pittsburgh Crawfords are as bad as it gets. Whoever is in charge of player personnel for Tampa also.