UEFA Champions League 2011-2012

@Frederic

aslo loved the tandem andreas frei-marco streller
they were like laurel and hardy

Haha, well put, I am glad that they haven’t lost their hunger for success despite their retirement from the Swiss national team. :)

i heard he refused because of the kidnapping affair

Yeah, this could have been a contributing factor, but he appears to have visited Bulgaria on a number of occasions since then (and the threat is no longer regarded as serious). I think that the main reason Berbatov decided to step down was because he felt he was being used as a scapegoat for some of the poor performances of the national team (some of the fans and members of the Bulgarian Football Union frequently implied that he wasn’t doing his best for the country and was saving his best efforts for Manchester United). It seems as if Frei and Streller decided to call it a day for similar reasons.

i have read that borisov is a frequent jewish name in bulgaria, but i'm not sure, ofcourse

I will have to look into that (I am generally out of my depth when it comes to the etymology of surnames), but my gut feeling is that it is a Slavic-sounding name (though I guess that even names are not always an indication, as one could sometimes request a name change, for various reasons).

a lot of people have been saying the same kind of thing about zenith st petersburg when they started winning

Yes, I think that Zenith have a number of violent factions (some of them have far right-wing sympathies)…it’s very tough to play in St. Petersburg for any visiting team.

As for the Balkans, referee intimidation (or worse) is unfortunately not uncommon in the lower leagues of countries like Croatia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qkqo6ihqFs

@Rebajlo, thank you for providing these examples, you really know a lot about the game! :)

Some shocking instances of cheating….I assumed that with national pride being at stake (as the teams in the 1960s and 1970s tended to be quite homogeneous from an ethnic/national standpoint), officials from football teams would have been less inclined to rely on underhanded maneuvers (to put it mildly), but this doesn’t appear to have been the case.
Good that the Polish football authorities decided to do the right thing...

In the late 1990s a Bulgarian club – FC Metalurg Pernik (if I am not mistaken) - was administratively relegated from the top division after it was revealed that its players had accepted bribes in order to throw two games against teams from the national capital. Metalurg were at the time a mid-table side and didn’t have anything specific to play for. Purportedly the players had been recorded by a caretaker while discussing the matter/the ways to make it look natural in the dressing rooms …however, there was no punishment handed down (other than a fine) to the two “winning” teams, which had contacted the Metalurg officials.

Btw, you are right – the old format should have been kept (with only champions allowed to participate in the Champions League)…Eastern European sides were generally much more competitive in the 1970s and 1980s compared to now (some exceptions like the successful performances of Dynamo Kyiv and Zenith St. Petersburg notwithstanding).

Have a good time in Sydney!

@Porthos, yes, I wouldn’t let Dortmund off the hook…it doesn’t look like they tried to do their best. As for Inter – it’s possible that there was a little something under the table, but they did hit the bar a short while before CSKA Moscow netted their second goal, which would have been hard to orchestrate. Inter don’t seem be very convincing in their home games this season. They suffered a home loss against Turkish side Trabzon in their first match of the campaign.

Great article, the one with the deaf player takes the cake. The perfectionist Wales referee is a close second.

Last edited:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
@giles

yes borisov is the name of the city of BATE borisov for example
jews often have the same name than the city they came from

regarding the loss of interest of the champions league, next year it seems that champions league won't be available in france, one will have to pay to see it
currently, canal + (a paying channel) diffuses some of the matches, while tf1 (a free channel) diffuses 1 match by journey of champions league (and TF1 can choose the match they want)
but al jazeera (arab paying channel) bought the matches canal plus had, and canal plus bought the ones TF1 had
so nothing will be available on free TV

(ligue 1 was already ofcourse impossible to watch without paying)

one time the same will happen for the world cup....

Porthos

Mentor
I don't think the fact that CL will not be available on public TV means there is a lack of interest. On the contrary!
It means the big team managers and UEFA bigshots think the interest is so great world-wide that people will be willing to pay extra only to watch it on special channels (i.e. they want to squeeze even more money out of it). A very Jewish approach (and who is buying the Premier League teams one by one?).

The mindset is that good football (and sports in general) can only be made with a lot of money. So your local football club that you used to support and your dad was taking you to games - is now drowning in debt and is not worth supporting!
Only multinational megateams with hundreds of millions are worth supporting. And here is your friend, mr. Pay-TV, who will let you become part of the privileged community of megateam supporters. This is "the winner takes all" concept so en-vogue today. You have to support the teams of the Sheiks and of Mr. Abramovicz or you are a looser.

That's why I love the two Manchesters dropped out from Basel and Napoli. It's a small smack in the face of this money driven football new world order.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
I don't think the fact that CL will not be available on public TV means there is a lack of interest. On the contrary!
It means the big team managers and UEFA bigshots think the interest is so great world-wide that people will be willing to pay extra only to watch it on special channels (i.e. they want to squeeze even more money out of it). A very Jewish approach (and who is buying the Premier League teams one by one?).

The mindset is that good football (and sports in general) can only be made with a lot of money. So your local football club that you used to support and your dad was taking you to games - is now drowning in debt and is not worth supporting!
Only multinational megateams with hundreds of millions are worth supporting. And here is your friend, mr. Pay-TV, who will let you become part of the privileged community of megateam supporters. This is "the winner takes all" concept so en-vogue today. You have to support the teams of the Sheiks and of Mr. Abramovicz or you are a looser.

That's why I love the two Manchesters dropped out from Basel and Napoli. It's a small smack in the face of this money driven football new world order.

yes, it means that the arabs want to invest in soccer, but the french free channel said that not enought people watched champions league, that's why they didn't buy the right to show these matches in the future
the last match available on french TV was lille-trabzonspor, the result was 0-0....not very "sexy" lol

you'r right, the world is wrong, very wrong
everything is money-driven as you said

the arabs bought the world cup, they will organize the 2022 world cup
they planned to invest a LOT of money to do so
i have read that what they planned to spend on the world cup 2022 was enough to buy every house and building in england
they already own almost every expensive house in london, paris ect

the white world was never meant to be money-driven
i already talked about phillip the fair, a french king
when the people wanted to accept money from the jews (like a lot of americans, who bought things with money they didn't have) , they were actually being bought by the jews, they were losing theit liberty
the king saw that, and he expelled the jews
this was unpopular at the time, since the people want to live a better life regardless of the consequences, and so they liked the jews and their money
nowadays, the white world would need this kind of man

money shouldn't be our number one concern
it was never our number one concern
now we see the ultimate nonsense in europe: we let "economy" decide for us
if one tells us wee need more inmigrants because of economic reasons, everyone agree
sad

Rebajlo

Mentor
Here's the draw for the round of 16 (to be played in February):

Lyon vs APOEL Nicosia

Napoli vs Chelsea

AC Milan vs Arsenal

FC Basel vs Bayern Munich

Bayer Leverkusen vs Barcelona

CSKA Moscow vs Real Madrid

Zenit St. Petersburg vs Benfica

Olympique Marseille vs Internazionale

about the loss of interest: man (or should i say "lad" :biggrin:) , you really shoul have watched the basel-manchester united match, or the manchester city-napoli match
manchester city is not the best english club, but they are over-hyped enough to pretend being the best in europe :biggrin:
they basically can have all the players they want, and seeing napoli beating them was a real pleasure!

and the basel match! with these crazy suporters!
at first i thought that the english suporters came in switzerland in large numbers, because it sounded like an english stadium
but no, it was the basel suporters
the stadium was on fire in napoli-manchester city too

Frederic38 - I know that this sounds a bit extreme but I have always found it difficult to stomach the sight of even a single non-White on the football field, let alone the numbers of non-Whites that appeared in, for example, the FC Basel - Manchester United match.

I've just had another look at the lineups and Basel started one black, two Albanians and one Asian (plus "Argentine" David Angel Abraham, who is an odds-on Yid) while United's eleven included six blacks and an Asian. That's a total of twelve non-Whites out of twenty two! It's impossible for me to watch such a "spectacle", let alone get any enjoyment out of it. Put it this way - it's simply not worth the teeth-grinding aggravation or potential damage to the furniture...

Some may say that Albanians like Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka look White but the reality is that such players aren't White. Instead, they provide more of the nausea-inducing "positive images" of patently undesirable and troublesome "minorities" that are so beloved by football authorities and propagandists alike (these days, there is little difference between the two). Like Arabs and Berbers in Your country, these Albanians mightn't be black, but their presence is just as destructive because it elevates non-White / non-Christians to hero status in the eyes of White children and teenagers, while also diluting any dormant anti-immigration sentiments that may lurk in the tiny, booze-addled minds of rabid White adult fans.

Ever since as a football-mad little kid I read about the old Internazionale and Juventus fixes I mentioned in my previous post, I began to view the game through the grey-tinted glasses of a lingering suspicion which never went away. I developed a strong dislike of the "biggest" Italian and Spanish clubs (no offence to our Italian and Spanish members intended) which quickly grew into a virulent hatred, as it was quite clear that they had a history of greasing referees at both domestic and international level.

I actually remember the UEFA Cup match that Porthos mentioned in which the referee brazenly reduced Rijeka to eight men in order to help Real Madrid to recover from their 3-1 loss in the first leg, including the ridiculous sending off of the deaf Damir Desnica. People often forget that - "strangely" enough - Real Madrid also overturned a 3-0 away defeat against Anderlecht in the first leg of the following round...

Both of Argentina's World Cup wins were tainted by cheating. In 1978, the Argentines used amphetamines, received obvious favours from referees and, as Matra2 said, they bribed Peru to lose to the tune of 6-0 (although, as usual, nothing was "proven") while in 1986 Maradona's so-called "Hand of God" goal was allowed to stand in the quarterfinal against England when the match was still scoreless.

Italy's 1934 World Cup "triumph" is also worth mentioning, as they repeatedly got away with openly brutal fouls (some occurred right in front of the refreees), particularly in the quarterfinal against Spain (that went to a replay in which the Italians literally crippled the opposition) and in the final against Czechoslovakia.

Then there were the pro-South Korean refereeing decisions in the 2002 World Cup, culminating in Spain's two disallowed goals in the quartrrfinal.

On a related note, I believe that the next World Cup will be a complete waste of time as I'm certain that FIFA have already "ensured" that hosts Brazil shall emerge as "worthy winners". Please pardon the cynicism...

The blanket exposure that the "Champions League" affords the "biggest" clubs from the "biggest" national leagues has transformed the likes of Barcelona, Internazionale and Manchester United into truly global franchises, allowing them to rake in massive amounts of money from non-traditional markets, especially from Asia. This enables them to maintain their lofty domestic positions, which in turn perpetuates their ability to make millions from the Champions League and the wheel turns on.

It is precisely this money-spinning, identity-blurring aspect which repulses me. For a club like manchester United, the Asian market is becoming far more lucrative than the English market, not to mention the local Lancashire market. Football has become a full-blown business in which the traditional (and natural) local and national fan bases are becoming increasingly less important when there are billions of brand-addicted Asians and Arabs to be tapped into, who are more than willing to shell out for TV subsriptions and merchandise. The fact that football clubs have their own cable television channels (what next? political parties, perhaps...) and growing numbers are becoming the playthings of sand-Negro oil sheikhs and various other Semitic "oligarchs" says it all - this is no longer the sport (corruption and all) that I once loved as a kid...

Last edited:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Frederic38 - I know that this sounds a bit extreme but I have always found it difficult to stomach the sight of even a single non-White on the football field, let alone the numbers of non-Whites that appeared in, for example, the FC Basel - Manchester United match.

I've just had another look at the lineups and Basel started one black, two Albanians and one Asian (plus "Argentine" David Angel Abraham, who is an odds-on Yid) while United's eleven included six blacks and an Asian. That's a total of twelve non-Whites out of twenty two! It's impossible for me to watch such a "spectacle", let alone get any enjoyment out of it. Put it this way - it's simply not worth the teeth-grinding aggravation or potential damage to the furniture...

yes, i used to feel like this
even now sometimes
but since european countries like swiss, france, england ect are no longer fully white (not far from non majority-white for france) it bothers me less
how could france have a 100% white line up while the population is more than 30 % non white and the ones that play soccer are mostly non whites? (the only whites that play soccer in france are uneducated muslim converts and/or immigrants from other european countries like spain, portugal, or southern italy)

even gourcuff is, like forlan, a tennis player, and a table tennis player

chantome or giroud must represent 0.1% of the population that plays soccer in france, i'm just happy to have them

having one single player that represent me and is mediatised (a star player) would be enough for me to watch a team
i would push the number of white players to the maximum, even to the aberrant number of 11/11, but we know it won't happen, even if the 11 whites are the best soccer players in france (we are in this situation right now)

and it's good to play against a mostly black team , because you are satisfied when you beat them

Some may say that Albanians like Xherdan Shaqiri and Granit Xhaka look White but the reality is that such players aren't White. Instead, they provide more of the nausea-inducing "positive images" of patently undesirable and troublesome "minorities" that are so beloved by football authorities and propagandists alike (these days, there is little difference between the two). Like Arabs and Berbers in Your country, these Albanians mightn't be black, but their presence is just as destructive because it elevates non-White / non-Christians to hero status in the eyes of White children and teenagers, while also diluting any dormant anti-immigration sentiments that may lurk in the tiny, booze-addled minds of rabid White adult fans.

yes, it's what i said
they look white
but they have nothing to do in switzerland
for me the high number of players from serbia and albania in germany , switzerland and scandinavia must be related to organized crime, i know they are good footballers, but they are just too many

I actually remember the UEFA Cup match that Porthos mentioned in which the referee brazenly reduced Rijeka to eight men in order to help Real Madrid to recover from their 3-1 loss in the first leg, including the ridiculous sending off of the deaf Damir Desnica. People often forget that - "strangely" enough - Real Madrid also overturned a 3-0 away defeat against Anderlecht in the first leg of the following round...

Both of Argentina's World Cup wins were tainted by cheating. In 1978, the Argentines used amphetamines, received obvious favours from referees and, as Matra2 said, they bribed Peru to lose to the tune of 6-0 (although, as usual, nothing was "proven") while in 1986 Maradona's so-called "Hand of God" goal was allowed to stand in the quarterfinal against England when the match was still scoreless.

Italy's 1934 World Cup "triumph" is also worth mentioning, as they repeatedly got away with openly brutal fouls (some occurred right in front of the refreees), particularly in the quarterfinal against Spain (that went to a replay in which the Italians literally crippled the opposition) and in the final against Czechoslovakia.

Then there were the pro-South Korean refereeing decisions in the 2002 World Cup, culminating in Spain's two disallowed goals in the quartrrfinal.

On a related note, I believe that the next World Cup will be a complete waste of time as I'm certain that FIFA have already "ensured" that hosts Brazil shall emerge as "worthy winners". Please pardon the cynicism...

i hope that since the world cup will be in brazil, it will prevent FIFA from telling the referees to make them lose
the biggest victims in 2014 might be the south american teams
the small ones
because european soccer is worse everyday (france is in my opinion the only one to get better, but it's because they were so horrible)
and south american teams like peru, chile, uruguay, paraguay, are out of reach for european teams, even for spain

remember in 2010 when every south american team finished first of their group?
FIFA doesn't like that
1 south american country in semi final is enough for them
the ideal semifinals for them is ofcourse european country - asian country - african country and one country more for europe, since european soccer is the most watched by people of every continent

in 2010, south american countries with very small populations were robbed, like paraguay and uruguay
it could be worse in 2014, for the reasons i gave above

The blanket exposure that the "Champions League" affords the "biggest" clubs from the "biggest" national leagues has transformed the likes of Barcelona, Internazionale and Manchester United into truly global franchises, allowing them to rake in massive amounts of money from non-traditional markets, especially from Asia. This enables them to maintain their lofty domestic positions, which in turn perpetuates their ability to make millions from the Champions League and the wheel turns on.

It is precisely this money-spinning, identity-blurring aspect which repulses me. For a club like manchester United, the Asian market is becoming far more lucrative than the English market, not to mention the local Lancashire market. Football has become a full-blown business in which the traditional (and natural) local and national fan bases are becoming increasingly less important when there are billions of brand-addicted Asians and Arabs to be tapped into, who are more than willing to shell out for TV subsriptions and merchandise. The fact that football clubs have their own cable television channels (what next? political parties, perhaps...) and growing numbers are becoming the playthings of sand-Negro oil sheikhs and various other Semitic "oligarchs" says it all - this is no longer the sport (corruption and all) that I once loved as a kid...

i think the same way
like i said, money shouldn't be europe's number one concern
unfortunately it will only change when the people that currently rule europe will go
and i don't know when it will happen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

regarding the quarter finals:

Lyon vs APOEL Nicosia: lyon is too black, i will root for nicosia, but both have chances to win

Napoli vs Chelsea: maybe the most interesting match, i will root for napoli, and i think they are better than chelsea, so they should win
i will match the match played in napoli because there will be an incredible atmosphere

AC Milan vs Arsenal: milan should win

FC Basel vs Bayern Munich: bayern should win

Bayer Leverkusen vs Barcelona: barcelona should win

CSKA Moscow vs Real Madrid: madrid should win, moscow have a lot of black players for a russian team

Zenit St. Petersburg vs Benfica: zenith is the most european team in the competition, but they won't beat benfica i think

Olympique Marseille vs Internazionale: inter ofcourse, time for the very black marseille to get taught a lesson

i still do the same prediction that i did at the beginning of the thread:
i see 3 teams:
donetsk
barcelona
inter

i think that inter will win, because they have forlan
and donetsk will impress, with brazilian fowards and white defenders (marcelo martins moreno, the brazilian-bolivian mestizo player, is very good, jadson too, and alan patrick too)

but since the brazilian of donetsk didn't play because of the 3 allowed non-europeans, i replace donetsk with benfica, who has no african defender and a lot of south american players

Last edited:

Rebajlo

Mentor
the biggest victims in 2014 might be the south american teams
the small ones
because european soccer is worse everyday (france is in my opinion the only one to get better, but it's because they were so horrible)
and south american teams like peru, chile, uruguay, paraguay, are out of reach for european teams, even for spain

Do You really believe that Peru, Chile, and Paraguay are superior to Spain? Or Germany? Or Italy? Or The Netherlands?...

Late Edit: I've just noticed that a couple of posts ago I referred to the draw for the round of 16 as the "quarterfinals" draw. :tsk: I'll now correct my idiotic oversight... Proofreading, Rebajlo, proofreading, mate. Don't just talk about it - do it! :frusty: :biggrin:

Last edited:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Do You really believe that Peru, Chile, and Paraguay are superior to Spain? Or Germany? Or Italy? Or The Netherlands?...

currently, peru is better than germany italy (bad these days) and netherlands i think
all they need is a great white goal keeper
spain can beat them when on a good day

these countries have not a single player the same quality as manuel vargas
guerrero is better than the strikers of every one of these countries
claudio pizarro has no equivalent in europe
and they have a fighter's mentality

i remember in the last match of the qualifiers for the 2010 world cup
the match was argentina-peru
i watched it live
argentina needed a victory to qualify, and peru was last of the group, the match was played in argentina, in their biggest stadium, so it should have been easy for argentina
but peru felt insulted by the lack of respect that was given to their country, and they said that they would do everything they could to beat argentina
one of their defenders said that he wouldn't be affraid to commit fouls on messi to stop him

and they played a very good match
argentina scored first, 1-0
but it started to rain, and the peruvians were fighting a lot
they scored , 1-1
argentina was eliminated at this point, and you almost could no longer see the field, there was too much rain
argentina scored in the last seconds of the game, maradona celebrated the qualifications

but juan manuel vargas took the ball, did the kick off, and shot immediatly, a monstruous kick from the point where he did the kick off
the ball felt on the bar

highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=417NxQJOpZA&feature=related (in this video you don't see the shoot by vargas because they were showing replays of the goal, the shoot was so unexpected)

peru did a great copa america also
i believe italy, germany, netherlands, have no chance against such a team

paraguay proved in 2010 that they were one of the best, officially they were top 8 in the world (they reached the quarter finals) but in reality they are top 4
they sould have beat spain this day, as i said multiple times, pique should have had a red card for his foul on cardozo
they need a better keeper though

they have incredible strikers as santa cruz, cardozo, barrios, haedo valdez
i can't think of another country in the world with so much quality strikers
cardozo will probably play a quarter final in champions league this year by the way
and the playmaker barreto
they beat brazil in 2011 at the copa america, and as i said here before the match, it wasn't a surprise for me
it may sound akward, but paraguay-uruguay should have been the final of the 2010 world cup, and without any surprise it was also the final of the copa america in 2011
(congratulations to the south american division of FIFA for allowing a small country like uruguay to beat argentina, the hosts, and a huge country)
(they also allowed paraguay to beat brazil, i don't know if it could have happened in a world cup)

chile is weaker than the two south american teams mentionned above

these countries are better now, but they don't have the history these european countries have (except spain)
a country can't always be at the top, you have to accept to be weaker during years, if you don't want to import players from the rest of the world
as long as the players fight and give 100%, it doesn't matter if you are the best or not
you have to be patient, and one day you will have a great team
currently, paraguay and peru have great teams

Last edited:

Rebajlo

Mentor
currently, peru is better than germany italy (bad these days) and netherlands i think
all they need is a great white goal keeper
spain can beat them when on a good day...

...peru did a great copa america also
i believe italy, germany, netherlands, have no chance against such a team

Well, we'll just have to see how things go when / if these teams meet, eh? :icon_wink: Peru still have to qualify for their first World Cup since 1982 (when I watched them cop a 5-1 hiding against Poland in the final first round group stage match).

By the way, it may appear otherwise but I'm actually quite an admirer of Argentina and Uruguay :icon_grin:- it's just that I'm not keen on vast numbers of South Americans flooding European clubs.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Well, we'll just have to see how things go when / if these teams meet, eh? :icon_wink: Peru still have to qualify for their first World Cup since 1982 (when I watched them cop a 5-1 hiding against Poland in the final first round group stage match).

for a team like peru ot paraguay, qualifying for the world cup was so hard that when they came to the world cup they weren't motivated enough, it was like they already won
now it's different
finally they no longer have to beat australia to qualify (you sure remember the uruguay-australia matches for the qualification in 2002 and 2006)
and since the world cup will be in brazil, they won't have to play against brazil

for example the bolivian team of 1994 didn't have the results they should have
they had amazing players like el diablo etcheverry, erwin platini sanchez, baldivieso
this team almost won the 1997 copa america, brazil beat them in the final, but the match was incredibly close , bolivia had so many occasions, brazil only won because of ronaldo
but they did a bad world cup

same for the ecuador of aguinaga

now peru is very motivated, and pizarro really wants to do big things
he will probably move to a big club before the next season by the way

Europe

Mentor
Great line Rebajlo--"while also diluting any dormant anti-immigration sentiments that may lurk in the tiny, booze-addled minds of rabid White adult fans."

Regarding the deck being stacked more and more in favor of the big clubs, they are talking about getting rid of relegation in England which will even solidify the top teams even more. Although, I don't see MU, Liverpool,Chelsea even coming close to relegation in today's game, but they still talk about eliminating it .It is just going to be a bunch of Africans, South Americans a few Europeans playing for the big clubs for an Asian tv audience.

There was an Italian player just arrested for match fixing. I can't think of his name right now.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
i no longer suport internazionale, since they just sold one of their key players (thiago motta) to paris saint germain
that's the first time i see a key player from a team that has a chance to win champions league go to a club who doesn't play european competition during the winter transfert window

they just assasinated internazionale

i'm so disgusted that i will suport benfica in this champions league, and i think about suporting fenerbahce next year if they buy more south americans

stoch the slovakian scores beautiful goals these days in fenerbahce by the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYC-kJJl89A

frederic38

Hall of Famer
the champions league comes back tonight :cheer2:

the very black lyon will face the very south american apoel nicosia, the surprise of the champions league

and leverkusen vs barcelona will be a beautiful and interesting match

frederic38

Hall of Famer
in the lyon-nicosia match, the referee stopped the first half at 44 min and 20 seconds
because there was a freekick for nicosia that could have been dangerous
great refereeing :icon_rolleyes:

frederic38

Hall of Famer
napoli beat chelsea 3-1 in napoli
i don't have the racial breakdown (i was ill) but i was rooting for napoli because they looked whiter
bad luck on chelsea's only goal, because the ball had a strange rebound that deceived napoli's central defender
like i mentionned before, napoli's strikers looked so much better than chelsea's:
cavani and lavezzi vs drogba , strurridge and mata (white spanish, who scored their only goal)

Porthos

Mentor
Another great performance by Basel. 1:0 to Bayern, with the swiss hitting the posts 2 times in the first half. The Swiss fairy tale continues.
They did put 2 blacks at the end, but played mostly with white players most of the game. It's interesting to note how continental (non-French) teams are still way behind Premier League sides in the number of Blacks (with the notable exception of Liverpool).
Their goalkeeper Sommer was superb, and some of their players are really top-notch. Stocker is a great striker.
The White Albanian Shaquiri (soon to move to Bayern) is a powerful winger/playmaker.
Their defense was also very well organized with Markus Steinhöfer offering a decent performance.
This is a dangerous result for Bayern as they did not score any away goals. They will have to attack to score 2 (and if Basel defends like in the first game, it will be difficult to penetrate their defence), while exposing themselves to counterattacks (and ManU knows something about that...). Very mediocre performance by Bayern, with Arjen Robben completely out of the game - is he playing injured? Go Basel!

Last edited:

Rebajlo

Mentor
The White Albanian Shaquiri (soon to move to Bayern) is a powerful winger/playmaker.

Porthos - I wonder if the average Swiss views Albanians as White? Or the average Serb? Or Macedonian? Or Greek? Or Swede? Or Finn? Or anyone else who actually has Albanians living among them? The fact that You have to qualify Albanian by prefacing it with "White" says it all.

I'm not having a go at You, mate, for everyone has their opinions but I always shake my head when I see terms such as "White Albanian", "White Turk", "White Arab", or "White Berber". I can only prescribe a short sojourn in an Albanian-dominated neighbourhood anywhere in Europe. Odds on that Your terminology would change soon enough... :icon_wink:

Porthos

Mentor
I know exactly what you mean, and I know Albanians very well - I spent time in the area.
In my opinion most Abanians could qualify as Whites, but they fail the "religion"/"culture" test.
Their Muslim religion (there are some Albanian Christians, but the vast majority of them are Muslim) rules them out.
That's why I qualified the player with "White".
In my opinion, to be considered "one of us" the player/person has to pass 2 tests:
- racial (does the person belong to the White genotype/phenotype)?
- religious/cultural (are they of Christian faith or at least "feel at home" in a Christian milieu, even if they are atheist, agnostic etc.?)

Most Albanians pass the first test, but fail the second. Most Arabs fail both. Berbers I would consider same as Albanians - pass the first, fail the second.
However, the good news for the people who pass the first test is that they (over a long time, and if they are dispersed among the population at large rather than build their own festering little ethno-neighborhoods) can be assimilated, while the ones who fail the first one - cannot. The only notable exception being the Jews who over the millenia proved to be unassimilable by anybody.

Italy, for example, over the centuries absorbed a lot of people of Albanian origin who today are considered (and consider themselves) Italians. Even their powerful prime minister from the 80s/90s Bettino Craxi was of Albanian origin. Similar with Croatia with their assimilated "Arbanas" (Albanian) minority who mostly consider themselves Croatians.

Bottom line, a person (or his descendents) over time can change his religion/culture, but he can't change his race.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
honestly, i would prefer the albanians to live in albania :biggrin:
by coincidence i just watched (an hour ago or so) the movie taken, with liam neeson, where an american tries to kill the albanians that kidnapped his daughter
the movie was shot in france
use this movie as a warning: don't go to paris! :D
[video=youtube;CvUxdQ4q-Lg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvUxdQ4q-Lg[/video]

what a great movie :biggrin:

but like i said when i first mentioned basel, their albanians players look white, so it's still better than blacks or arabs

frederic38

Hall of Famer
8th finals:

no surprises in the first 2 champions league matches from today
ac milan lost 3-0 against arsenal but advance to the next stage
both teams were disgusting, but ac milan was whiter
i counted 5 whites for arsenal and 6 for milan

in the other match the very white zenith st petersbourg lost 2-0 to benfica the south american team, but they did well, nothing to be ashamed of, i think it's the first time that they go this far in champions league
they won the first match of the play-off in russia, so they made their public proud
but benfica is world class
the only thing that could stop benfica is their typically south american lazy style of play (for example their white brazilian goal keeper almost gave a goal away to zenith because he tried a trick in front of the russian striker)
benfica had no portuguese player,not even a naturalized one
and the only european players starting the match were the black belgian witsel and the white spanish javi garcia

zenith was all white, but it's already great that they managed to go this far, they kicked the south american teams fc porto and donetsk out of the champions league previously
maybe with archavine it would have been a different story, they need to use this experience to do even better next year

frederic38

Hall of Famer
the other 8th finals:

the south americans playing with the apoel nicosia (cyprus) jersey just beat lyon
lyon had 4 blacks and 1 mestizo starting the match
so nicosia will advance to the next stage

in the other match, barcelona thrashed leverkusen 7-1
messi once again made history, he became the first man to score 5 goals in a champions league match

barcelona: 9 whites and 2 brazilian mestizos
leverkusen: 8 whites, 2 turks and a brazilian mestizo

messi the extra terrestrial:
http://videa.hu/videok/sport/fb.com-thegsminsider-http-facebook.com-thegsminsi-ydlRX6nLY56e6cfl

Rebajlo

Mentor
the other 8th finals:

the south americans playing with the apoel nicosia (cyprus) jersey just beat lyon
lyon had 4 blacks and 1 mestizo starting the match
so nicosia will advance to the next stage

Come on, mate, You are giving everyone the impression that APOEL Nicosia's side was virtually all-South American. :icon_wink: The reality is that the Cypriot team's starting lineup featured 6 Europeans and 5 South Americans, as outlined below:

Started: 10 Whites (1 Cypriot, 2 Greeks, 3 Portuguese, 1 Argentine,3 Brazilians), 1 black (1 Brazilian)

Finished: 9 Whites (1 Cypriot, 2 Greeks, 2 Portuguese, 1 Macedonian, 3 Brazilians), 2 blacks (2 Brazilians)

In case anyone is wondering, APOEL started 8 Europeans in the first leg...

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Come on, mate, You are giving everyone the impression that APOEL Nicosia's side was virtually all-South American. :icon_wink: The reality is that the Cypriot team's starting lineup featured 6 Europeans and 5 South Americans, as outlined below:

Started: 10 Whites (1 Cypriot, 2 Greeks, 3 Portuguese, 1 Argentine,3 Brazilians), 1 black (1 Brazilian)

Finished: 9 Whites (1 Cypriot, 2 Greeks, 2 Portuguese, 1 Macedonian, 3 Brazilians), 2 blacks (2 Brazilians)

In case anyone is wondering, APOEL started 8 Europeans in the first leg...

thanks for the precision
i watched the first and second leg, but didn't look at their starting line-up
6 of their 7 goals in champions league were scored by south americans
i also have a friend who watches every fc porto match and he told me that they had a lot of south americans (they played 2 times against fc porto in the group stage)

still, that's quite a lot
they are amongst the teams with most south americans
they have more than donetsk, and less than benfica
as you pointed out, their south americans are relatively white (compared to donetsk for example) and all their european players are white
that's why i was rooting for them against lyon, and it wasn't a surprise for me to see them beat lyon, since lyon has a little bit less south americans, and they have non-south american blacks
(of course lyon put ALL the south american they had, to try to beat nicosia: cris, lisandro, ederson, bastos - only bastos is usually titular amongst them in ligue 1
but it wasn't enough)

overall i think nicosia was very dominant, but the final result doesn't show it (victory in the penalty kicks)