Tomasz Adamek

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The doctor advised the referee to stop the fight after round 4.

Good call. It was a very one-sided beatdown, there was no sense letting it continue until Gunn was seriously hurt.Edited by: Parody

Blue Devils

Mentor
Impressive performance by Adamek
smiley32.gif

Also tonight former Adamek opponent Steve Cunningham defeated Wayne Braitwaite by decision in an IBF eliminator. Adamek-Cunningham II will probably take place later this year or sometime next year. Edited by: Blue Devils

P-NutLane

Guru
Man I thought Golata was history. Thats one crazy dude. I wish Tomasz would whoopp a couple bruvas first.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Golota is a finished fighter. He has embarassed millions of Polish fans all over the US who supported him. I don't think Adamek should move up to heavyweight. He doesn't have the height for it. Cruiserweight is a better fit for him than light heavyweight though.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
If Adamek does fight Hopkins I hope he destroys him. I don't like him moving up to heavyweight though. He has no business there and will ruin his career if he does.

P-NutLane

Guru
I dont think anyone should ever fight hopkins again. That racist turd is, and always has been overated, and should have at least 10 loses on his record. He is a no win situation for anyone. He refuses to fight. He runs, ducks, and holds. Head butts, steps on feet, and then holds up his hands as if he won. He is a mooch who just keeps getting money to avoid getting knocked out.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I don't like him fighting Hopkins either. If Hopkins loses by points he will declare he really won and start ranting. He probably won't lose by knockout because he just doesn't go down. A white fighter can't win with Hopkins unless he knocks him out. The racist retard will always declare he won.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Adamek-vs-Golota is on!

Pics from the press conference

1251190509633.jpg

Golota_vs_Adamek_04.JPG

Golota_vs_Adamek_06.JPG

Golota_vs_Adamek_08.JPG

Golota_vs_Adamek_09.JPG

Golota_czeka_Adamka_3514967.jpg

Golota_vs_Adamek_02.JPG

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpX-_JCPW2Y[/tube]

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Adamek is giving up his title belt I would suppose to fight Golota. Big mistake moving up to heavyweight.

I agree. He may not be the same when he comes back down to cruiserweight.

I would have liked to see him fight Guillermo Jones and unify the titles.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I am hoping this is just a one time deal. I don't think he is going to stay at heavyweight. He said he may face Hopkins in January so that would be at cruiserweight. He wouldn't be able to compete with guys like the Klitschko's, Povetkin, or even Chagaev.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
At this point Steve Cunningham will fight Matt Godfrey for the title Adamek vacated when he moved up to heavyweight to fight Golota. I would much rather he stayed at cruiserweight. Adamek originally fought at light heavyweight so this is a huge step up. He says he is keeping his options open at cruiserweight and will may fight in the division. It looks like a fight with Popkins is off as Popkins may fight Roy Jones.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Adamek said yesterday he may go back to cruiserweight and try to win back the IBF title. He still has the Ring title.

Steve Cunningham has an easy title fight with the mediocre Godfrey. It's too bad Grigory Drozd wasn't given the chance, or a better black fighter like Troy Ross so it would be a competitive fight.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I don't like this fight at all. It's a circus without the bearded lady. I would love to know the purses for this fight. I suspect they are much higher than a routine cruiserweight title defense. One good thing coming out of this fight is Golota may take a hint that he is shot if Adamek does a speed bag drill on him and Golota is shut out or forced to quit on his stool. Edited by: white is right

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Adamek took this fight because he will make more money than a fight at cruiserweight. I don't know an exact figure but it is probably substantially more. A rematch with Steve Cunningham supposedly fell through.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
I don't like this fight at all. It's a circus without the bearded lady. I would love to know the purses for this fight. I suspect they are much higher than a routine cruiserweight title defense. One good thing coming out of this fight is Golota may take a hint that he is shot if Adamek does a speed bag drill on him and Golota is shut out or forced to quit on his stool.

I don't like this fight either. Adamek isn't really big enough to compete at heavyweight, and he may not be the same when he goes back down to cruiser.

However, he'll finally receive a much-deserved decent payday for the fight tomorrow.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
What time is this fight? I hope I find a stream. Adamek has bulked up to 214lbs. I don't like this at all.Edited by: whiteathlete33

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Streams for Adamek-Golota:

stream 1
stream 2

Password for stream 2: polska (you need to enter it twice)

Neither stream is the best quality, but they both work.

(edit) here's an excellent stream:

stream 3

smiley1.gif
Edited by: Parody

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Where is Blue Devils these days? He hasn't posted here for a couple of weeks now.Edited by: Parody