Tomasz Adamek

white is right

Hall of Famer
I think Adamek is going to fight one of the K brothers for their belts. The Haye fight while it's winnable the purse demands from both camps will essentially make the fight economically unfeasible. I think Fraudley is being offered 1million dollars on the nose and not a penny more and Haye will keep the rest of the purse money. There is no way Adamek will except a purse in that range. Only the K brothers can give him a bigger purse and have money left over for themselves. I wonder if the fight will be in Jersey/NYC or in Germany.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Adamek wants a belt. He can get a belt by beating the affirmative action champ Haye. I think a Haye-Adamek fight is possible but if it doesn't happen it won't be because Adamek doesn't agree on a purse. It won't happen because Haye is scared. He doesn't want to lose his belt.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I don't think Haye will negotiate in good faith. He will give a take it or leave it offer which will be a low ball offer. Fraudley was offered that and this is supposedly "the biggest domestic title fight ever". Watch what Haye will offer and what he will demand to fight in Jersey/NYC.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The thing is that Haye is digging his own grave. No one takes him seriously anymore after his cowardly antics. Even the DWF's know he's a fraud. Let him fight Audley Harrison or whatever B level heavyweight he wants.

JReb1

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
The thing is that Haye is digging his own grave. No one takes him seriously anymore after his cowardly antics. Even the DWF's know he's a fraud. Let him fight Audley Harrison or whatever B level heavyweight he wants.

Eventually one would think that he'd have to fight a decent mandatory.
Edited by: JReb1

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
JReb1 said:
whiteathlete33 said:

Maybe Tyson can come out of retirement and Haye can fight him. Then the DWF's will be totally excited. The heavyweight division will then be legit with two affletic, unstoppable black talents. Tyson is only 44 so it could happen. It would be the super fight of the decade. David "Coward" Haye and Mike "Retard" Tyson. Oh the media would cream in their pants.

whiteathlete33 said:
JReb1 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
The thing is that Haye is digging his own grave.  No one takes him seriously anymore after his cowardly antics.  Even the DWF's know he's a fraud.  Let him fight Audley Harrison or whatever B level heavyweight he wants.
Maybe Tyson can come out of retirement and Haye can fight him.  Then the DWF's will be totally excited.  The heavyweight division will then be legit with two affletic, unstoppable black talents.  Tyson is only 44 so it could happen.  It would be the super fight of the decade.  David "Coward" Haye and Mike "Retard" Tyson.  Oh the media would cream in their pants.
There's talk that Tyson is in the gym and may come out of retirement, but most of the DWFs are saying "don't do it Mike!!" because even they know deep down all this talk about how "Weak" the heavyweight's are is just a bunch of Horse S**t..

whiteathlete33 said:
Tyson was really overweight not that long ago.  Tyson sucks as he was beaten by B level heavyweight Kevin McBride.
My point is this, if the heavyweight's are so poor today,
why are the greats from the 90's not beating them?

Holmes and Foreman made comebacks in the 90s when they were both over 40, and beat good young fighters!

now [they say the] HW division is so "Weak" but fighters from the "OH! so, great 90s" can't beat C level guys today......

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
lost said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Tyson was really overweight not that long ago. Tyson sucks as he was beaten by B level heavyweight Kevin McBride.
My point is this, if the heavyweight's are so poor today,

why are the greats from the 90's not beating them?

Holmes and Foreman made comebacks in the 90s when they were both over 40, and beat good young fighters!

now [they say the] HW division is so "Weak" but fighters from the "OH! so, great 90s" can't beat C level guys today......

That's true. Even fighters such as Roy Jones get knocked out in the first round by white fighters like Danny Green.

JD074

Master
I had it 11-1 for Adamek. Other than the 12th round and one right hand in the 6th, Grant didn't do sh!t all night. I don't know why people keep perceiving these lop-sided fights as close fights. Strange.

Having said that, Adamek was downright tiny compared to Grant, and he's certainly no big puncher at Heavyweight. It's too bad that Cruisers have to move up to HW to make decent money. It's one of the worst aspects of boxing. Adamek's best weight is Cruiser, that's where he should be. But it's not to be. K2 will bludgeon Adamek.

Hopefully he can get one or two more fights with tall fighters like Whitaker, Thompson, Dimitrenko... hey, how about Valuev? That would be cool. A tall guy with a decent jab but not much power.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Larry Holmes launched a comeback because of the weakness of the early 90's division. When Tyson went to jail he reasoned that there were no killers still around and he could steal fights with his boxing knowledge. He beat Ray Mercer who was perceived as a killer after the Morrison ko. These days a 40ish contender knows they have no chance against Wlad and Vitali needs to age rapidly for them to have even a punchers chance against.

white is right

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
I had it 11-1 for Adamek. Other than the 12th round and one right hand in the 6th, Grant didn't do sh!t all night. I don't know why people keep perceiving these lop-sided fights as close fights. Strange.

Having said that, Adamek was downright tiny compared to Grant, and he's certainly no big puncher at Heavyweight. It's too bad that Cruisers have to move up to HW to make decent money. It's one of the worst aspects of boxing. Adamek's best weight is Cruiser, that's where he should be. But it's not to be. K2 will bludgeon Adamek.

Hopefully he can get one or two more fights with tall fighters like Whitaker, Thompson, Dimitrenko... hey, how about Valuev? That would be cool. A tall guy with a decent jab but not much power.
Whitaker is more shot than Grant. Thompson or Dimitrenko would be a better workout. I think he would probably destroy Dimentrenko if Chambers had him out on his feet. Thompson he would probably beat on points similar to Grant.

Westside

Hall of Famer
WIS yeah, Larry Holmes knew that the 90s crop of heavies, excluding Tyson were crap. Hell, remember when he fought Holyfield and took him to the brink before tiring in the last three rounds. Remember right after the 12th round bell ending the fight, Larry threw up in the ring, with some of his vomit hitting Holyfield.
smiley36.gif

The only other Holmes "moment" that was better was him running on top of a car and karating kicking Berbick. Classic. The one of him attempting to slap Gerry Cooney and knocking off Cossell's rug was also pretty funny. Good times.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Arreola fight was called a close fight as well. I had Adamek winning 8 rounds that fight. In the Grant fight I had Adamek winning at least 8 rounds. I think the media calls these fights "close" because Adamek doesn't win with a knockout. It's very hard for a guy who fought at 175lbs not long ago to move up to heavyweight and knock guys out.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Blue Devils

Mentor
Tomasz fights again on December 9. He'll face tough guy Vinny Maddalone 33-6(24) in New Jersey.

ww

Guru

Madalone's no bum, L.   As you know Boystsov is a tremendous fighter, quite possibly a future heavyweight champ, and that was only five fights ago for him, and Madalone went the distance with him.  Incidentally, he was a minor league baseball pitcher for two seasons before switching to fighting.

Edited by: ww

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
ww said:
Madalone's no bum, L. As you know Boystsov is a tremendous fighter, quite possibly a future heavyweight champ, and that was only five fights ago for him, and Madalone went the distance with him. Incidentally, he was a minor league baseball pitcher for two seasons before switching to fighting.

I don't know about that WW. Maddalone certainly is a step back for Adamek. He's nothing more than a fighter that will keep Adamek busy.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Adamek on Klitschko-Briggs

"It was one of the most terrifying fights I've seen in my lifetime as fan and a fighter. Shannon could have died right there in the ring fighting like this,"Â￾ said heavyweight contender Tomasz Adamek (42-1, 27 KOa) a top contender and top candidate to be the next challenger for Vitali.

You were shocked watching the Briggs-Klitschko fight from Hamburg?

I was. It was a horror, something that starting with the six, seventh rounds had nothing to do with boxing. Shannon was basically motionless, no head movement, no movement at all, with his hands low and standing in front of one of the hardest hitting men in the heavyweight division. He fought like he wanted to die here.

I talked about this before today' s training with my coach Roger Bloodworth. He suggested that maybe Shannon was in some kind of mental shock, not really knowing what' s going on, just being there without knowing why. Just went through the motions, sheer will, but not even trying to defend himself or use even most basic defense techniques. I hope nothing serious happened to Shannon in Hamburg, that he' s OK and healthy now and in the long run. Briggs talked a good game for a week before fight, but nothing was left of those guarantees in the ring.

Were you surprised that both Shannon' s corner, and British referee Ian John-Lewis did not stop the fight? Even Briggs manager was outraged it did not happen.

I was, especially by ringside ref. His duty is to protect us, more often than not, defend us from ourselves. He should just speak with Briggs corner, with Eddie Mustafa Muhammed, head coach of my last opponent Michael Grant and just tell them: "Listen guys, Shannon is attempting one weak punch for dozens of Vitali' s bombs. If this doesn't change, I will stop the fight."Â￾ He never did, it was scary. It happened to me once, during my single professional defeat against Chad Dawson, when I was defending my WBC light heavyweight title. It was, of course, never even close to what happened in Hamburg but Chad was dominating. I was not doing much and my trainer then, Buddy McGirt, told me that he would stop the fight if I did not start punching. Next round I was able to put Chad down for the knockdown but did not have chance to accomplish much more. In this case, there was no question, no question at all, that Briggs would not be able to make the fight a competitive one. This thing was over by sixth round. Over.

You name is being mentioned as a next logical step for Vitali. Some observes already are predicting, that the outcome will be the same â€" easy win for Klitschko.

You cannot compare me to Shannon Briggs. We have nothing in common, at least with this Shannon we saw last Saturday. Starting with 60 pounds weight differential, and in his case, lack of everything which is my trademark in the heavyweight division: hand speed, quick movement, and constant position change. There are a hundred more differences. Fighting like he fought against Klitschko, Shannon would have no chance against Michael Grant, much less Klitschko. People who already have me losing to Vitali, are forgetting that this is why we are fighting and not talking about fighting. The fact, that Vitali had some problems with smaller, agile guys like Chris Byrd or to some extent Corrie Sanders. Fighting against Shannon, Klitschko had to spend his energy only on hitting Briggs, nothing more. Against me, he would be more tired after three rounds than he would be fighting Briggs for 36. Much faster fight, much more energy spent to defend himself, not from one but multiple punches â€" we are talking totally different fight here.

To talk about a Klitschko fight, you have to win against Vinny Maddalone first.

We, me and Roger, are not forgetting about Vinny for a second. I just finished my second week of training camp, and everything goes much faster, smoother. When I started with Roger Bloodworth, there were changes to my style, mostly regarding movement, the way I was using my right hand. Now, those things are already embedded in me, they come natural, we have more time for some fine tuning. I will be ready in December, even more ready next year.Edited by: Blue Devils

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
So Adamek-Maddalone is just a few days away.

Maddalone is no pushover, he's a tough cookie. But Adamek is at a higher level and should defeat him.

I'm hoping for Adamek vs. Wlad in March or April. I just wish the WBO would go ahead declare Adamek Wlad's mandatory, so Tomasz can finally have a nice payday.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Adamek is going to hurt and slice up Maddalone very easily. I see this fight being stopped on a TKO in the 7th or 8th.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I am hopefully going to this fight. I would love to see Adamek-Klitschko live but we all know that fight won't be taking place in Newark, NJ. Most likely it will be in Germany.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Actually Adamek vs Vitali was being negotiated for the 40th anniversary of Ali vs Frazier I at MSG. That fell through when Senor Suliman was bribed by his on again off again lover Don King. Now that fight is scheduled after Vitali vs the winner of Austin vs Solis.