Tomasz Adamek

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Adamek is very smart to take this tune up. Grant is not bad and is the same size as the Klitschkos.

Also - Adamek is ACTIVE!!!! He fights often which is important. HBO will carry his fight with Haye or either Klitschko.

Of course, I hope the Klitschko's say "F You" to HBO after dropping them from their lineup.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's going to be an exciting Saturday Night. If he can win I hope he calls out David Gaye by name and demands a fight. I'm so tired of hearing David talk the talk but then he is too scared to fight any of the top names. He is a fraud pure and simple!

JReb1

Mentor
Adamek versus Haye is one of the better HW fights out there that's evenly matched. I think Adamek will stop Haye late as he withers in what should be a great action packed fight. If Haye had any balls this fight would've happened long ago at CW. TA seems to have improved more at HW than Haye so the half breed is in trouble should he take this fight.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Parody said:
Are you going to the fight, WA33?

I highly doubt it. I went to the Cunningham fight. I loved the fight but the prices were ridiculous. I paid 50 bucks for my seats but they were terrible. Parking was 25 bucks and beer was 8 bucks for a Budweiser. I've been told tickets will be even more expensive for this fight. I'll probably watch it home or at the bar.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
JReb1 said:
Adamek versus Haye is one of the better HW fights out there that's evenly matched. I think Adamek will stop Haye late as he withers in what should be a great action packed fight. If Haye had any balls this fight would've happened long ago at CW. TA seems to have improved more at HW than Haye so the half breed is in trouble should he take this fight.

Yes it is. Both guys are about the same size. Haye has maybe an inch on Adamek. Haye probably has more punching power than Adamek but Adamek's defense is superior.

ww

Guru
Possible links to the fight here:

http://www.sportsbun.com/tomasz-adamek-vs-michael-grant-live-stream-replay-video-boxing-highlights/

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hey WA 33, I can top that. Back in 2004, me and my brother bought tix for around 500.00 dollars to see De le Hoya v Hopkins fight at the MGM Grand in Vegas. I needed binos to see the action. It was not worth it. Better to see it on TV or CCTV for a fraction of the costs.

ww

Guru
crooked ref randy neuman in prelim. bad news. they'll probably trot him out for the adamek fight too. that means they're up to something.

whiteathlete33 said:
JReb1 said:
Yes it is.  Both guys are about the same size.  Haye has maybe an inch on Adamek.  Haye probably has more punching power than Adamek but Adamek's defense is superior.
I would not want to see a Adamek vs Haye fight, Haye wanted to be a heavyweight! let him fight heavyweights, not move up and keep fighting CWs.......

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hey Guys the Polish stream is working,sort of, go figure. Thank Parody

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Way to go Adamek. That 12th round was scary but he has the heart and courage of a champion! Bring on dumb ass David Gaye!

Westside

Hall of Famer
Tomasz, he looked to be in sensational condition. Grant appeared to turn back the clock 10 yrs. From the in and out stream it appeared Tomasz was the winner, however, I thought he would get the KO or win alot easier.

Tomasz, based on this has no chance against the K Bros, but has a chance against Gaye, if he is able to box and avoid Gaye's power shots.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I thought the fight was closer than the score cards but obviously the right guy won. I don't know where he goes from here. Grant was virtually a zombie in there until about the 8th round and even then was clumsy and ponderous more than skilled. So for Adamek to be hanging on in the end isn't a good sign. Obviously a Haye fight would be the winnable fight as I don't see even a 39 year old Vitali being nearly as ponderous as Grant was.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Tomasz performance tonight or Grant's ability to go the distance and hurt Tomasz in spots might lure David Gaye to the table. A fight in England or New Jersey would be big. We shall see.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A win is a win. Ugly or not he won and that is all that counts. Even Wladimir has had some ugly wins. It can happen to any boxer. Some nights just go like that. I think the cuts over both eyes really slowed him down. He couldn't see as well and it showed. Regardless he won the fight by a descent margin. Bring on David Gaye!

JReb1

Mentor
Adamek is a really good HW but the Klits are just too good right now for anyone IMHO. The Klit brothers are so good right now that I have a hard time seeing ANY HW in history (no less a current fighter) beating them!

Adamek should be looking for a Haye fight (Adamek stops Haye late IMO) and the winner than sets himself up for a huge payday unifying title fight against either Klit.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Grant had an 11 inch reach on Adamek. Besides that he was 44 pounds heavier than Adamek and also about 6 inches taller. Remember that just a few years ago Adamek was fighting at 175lbs so this is a huge step up for him. I had my doubts about him at heavyweight but he proved me wrong. I don't want to see him fight the Klitschko's as he has no chance. Adamek's best bet is to go back down to cruiserweight. Sauderland is going to have a Super Six style tournament at 200lbs. That would be a golden opportunity for Tomasz.