Tiger Woods

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I caught most of David Feherty's interview with Greg Norman the other night on Feherty's show on the Golf Channel. Norman was my favorite golfer for a long time and has always been a class act off the course. He has a lot of character and has been extremely successful as a businessman too. Norman was talking about how much he admired Jack Nicklaus and how after he moved to West Palm Beach (where Nicklaus also lived at the time) one of the first things he did was call Jack, as an act of respect and to ask him for advice on how to make the most of his new place of residence. Feherty asked him if Woods (who moved to the same Florida city as Norman a couple years ago) has ever called him. "No" was the predictable answer. Norman said that Woods has the opportunity to turn his life around and be a much better person, but he didn't say it with much conviction.

Greg Norman says Tiger Woods won't win another major

Greg Norman said Tiger Woods has too many distractions now to maintain the focus he had when he won 14 majors in 11 years, and he doesn't think Woods will win another major championship.

Norman, who held golf's No. 1 ranking for a total of 331 weeks between 1986 and 1998 and won two British Opens, made the comments in an interview that will be published in the November issue of Golf Magazine. Woods's last major win was the 2008 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines, and he has not won a tournament since his Orlando car accident in November 2009 and the ensuing sex scandal.

"Tiger, when he dominated, had a single-shot approach," Norman said. "It was only about the golf."

That's just not the case anymore, Norman said.

"Now there are so many distractions, and people are looking for things that are wrong with Tiger now, so he's got to deal with that on a day-to-day basis, like every other mortal has to do, right?" Norman continued. "In our lives, in our business, we all have to be responsible for our actions. It's very hard for him to have that focus. And the more he shuts people off, the worse it gets."

Norman is one of the game's most popular and outspoken players. While many people in golf have been careful not to write off a slumping Woods — current world No. 1 Luke Donald issued a clarification after he was quoted as saying "the Tiger era is over" and Jack Nicklaus recently said Woods could still pass his record of 18 majors — Norman said Woods lacks the "street smarts" to recover his game and his life.

"He thinks everything's OK because his world is so cocooned," Norman said.

Prior to Woods's arrival on the pro scene in 1996, Norman, 56, was the game's biggest star. Woods, of course, eclipsed Norman and held the No. 1 ranking for a record 623 weeks before surrendering it last year. Woods also hired Norman's former caddie Steve Williams, who was with Woods for 13 years before being fired this year. After Woods let him go, Williams said that he "wasted two years of my life" standing by Woods during his scandals and injuries. Norman said that Williams's anger over the split points to "underlying issues" between Williams and Woods.

"I've known Stevie Williams since he was 15 years old," Norman said. "I know the DNA of the guy, how morally and ethically straight down the middle he is with things. I think there's more to it."

Norman advised his former caddie to hold his head high during Woods's scandals, something Woods has been unable to do, he added.

"Well, just look at his body language," Norman said of Woods. "He doesn't keep his head up anymore, he's got his eyes down, he's trying to keep his eyes away from the camera, right?

"It's like I said to Steve: 'Keep your head up, walk around proud of who you are,'"

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2094244,00.html?sct=hp_t2_a20&eref=sihp

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Great ******* is at it again. Doesn't sound like a reconciliation with Butch Harmon will be happening any time soon:

Tiger hires Dustin Johnson's caddie, Joe LaCava

Tiger Woods has hired Joe LaCava to be his third full-time caddie.
LaCava decided to leave Dustin Johnson, one of the most talented young Americans, to go to work for the former world No. 1 who hasn't won in the last two years.

"Joe LaCava is an outstanding caddie and I have known him since I was an amateur, really looking forward to having him on the bag," Woods posted on his Twitter account on Sunday night.

David Winkle, Johnson's agent at Hambric Sports Management, confirmed LaCava was going to work for Woods and a search for a new caddie would begin immediately.

"Needless to say, Dustin and I were completely surprised, as they have enjoyed a great relationship and have been very successful together," Winkle said. "Nonetheless, we think highly of Joe, both as a caddie and a person, which is why he was hired in the first place. We wish him nothing but the best with his new employer."

LaCava was the longtime caddie for Fred Couples, a relationship that ended in the summer because Johnson was looking for a caddie and Couples' playing schedule was being reduced because of his health.

Swing coach Butch Harmon recommended LaCava to Johnson, and said Sunday night he was "shocked" by the change.

"The thing that bothered me the most was T.W. not calling Dustin and asking if he could talk to Joe," said Harmon, who used to work with Woods. "That's the way it's done. I'm a little disappointed with the way Tiger handled it. But I'm not surprised."

full article: http://www.cbssports.com/golf/story/15641733/tiger-hires-dustin-johnsons-caddie-joe-lacava

bigunreal

Mentor
Greg Norman was my favorite golfer, too, Don. I think he's almost certainly the most star-crossed athlete in modern times. With only an average bit of luck, he would easily have won 10 majors.

Without the incredible shots beating him, and then the fans giving him the "choke" sign whenever he played, which resulted unfortunately in Norman eventually beginning to choke away major victories, he might very well have challenged Nicklaus' record. He was the dominant golfer for a decade, yet only had two British Opens to his credit.

Off the course, Norman had a great reputation. His carefully worded quotes about Woods make me recall how he was a very visible and vocal supporter of Larry Bird and the Boston Celtics back in the 1980s. If there are such things as racially aware white athletes, Greg Norman might very well be in that category.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm glad to hear someone with some clout speaking this way about Cheetah. I remember watching Greg Norman on TV when I was growing up. He was definitely a class act and a great golfer.

This is hardly related to this thread, but the other day a black co-worker asked me if I played golf. He asked about this right after he said he was going to hit the links to unwind. I've never known a black who played golf and I've never had any black person ask me if I play. I thought it was amusing.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This is hardly related to this thread, but the other day a black co-worker asked me if I played golf. He asked about this right after he said he was going to hit the links to unwind. I've never known a black who played golf and I've never had any black person ask me if I play. I thought it was amusing.

It must be a regional thing because when I lived in Pennsylvania and also here in the Southwest, blacks love to golf. I used to golf a fair amount on courses in suburban Pittsburgh, and even though the black population in that area is miniscule, I'd almost always see them out on the course. That's why I've often written that the ridiculous excuse about blacks "just not being interested" in a sport being used to explain their absence in so many sports can't be used when it comes to golf because a lot of blacks both follow golf and play it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I imagine it is a regional thing to a certain extent. Probably also a rural versus urban thing as well. I've lived in poor rural areas except for a few years of my life, and only a few Whites there played golf. There weren't very many places to play around there for one thing. Growing up, I kind of thought of golf as a rich man's game, mainly because of the fees associated with playing at a course, let alone a membership. Of course I now know that is incorrect, but it is understandable because of where I grew up. Even now, I've never played through an 18 hole course. Now that I'm close to a big urban area that also has a larger number of middle-class blacks, I'll probably run into golf playing blacks more often.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good points Col. Reb, it's probably more of a rural-suburban, middle class-poor division than a regional one.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I just watched about 45 minutes of the first round of the first tournament Woods has been in for a couple of months. He's already five shots behind mid-way through the round, but all of his shots are being shown, often replete with slow motion replays. There have been clips of his swing from past years, with appropriate mood music playing in the background. When the Tiger Channel (once known as the Golf Channel) went to break one time there was a still shot of Woods with some older White man. Woods was flashing his biggest room brightening smile, so the network fixated on it for quite a while before the commercials started as some drone remarked about what a positive attitude their hero was displaying.

One of Woods' playing partners is a sophomore amateur from UCLA, can't remember his name. This kid is only one shot off the lead, causing the announcers to express their amazement that he can stay so composed when playing in the "intimidating presence" of Tiger Woods.

Oh, and the "disgraced" Woods just signed a lucrative endorsement deal with Rolex. His agent, Mark Steinberg, says it is "just the beginning," with more corporate endorsement deals in the works. My oh my how the powers that be and their hacks in the media are yearning for Tiger to return to his former greatness.

I just watched about 45 minutes of the first round of the first tournament Woods has been in for a couple of months. He's already five shots behind mid-way through the round, but all of his shots are being shown, often replete with slow motion replays. There have been clips of his swing from past years, with appropriate mood music playing in the background. When the Tiger Channel (once known as the Golf Channel) went to break one time there was a still shot of Woods with some older White man. Woods was flashing his biggest room brightening smile, so the network fixated on it for quite a while before the commercials started as some drone remarked about what a positive attitude their hero was displaying.

One of Woods' playing partners is a sophomore amateur from UCLA, can't remember his name. This kid is only one shot off the lead, causing the announcers to express their amazement that he can stay so composed when playing in the "intimidating presence" of Tiger Woods.

Oh, and the "disgraced" Woods just signed a lucrative endorsement deal with Rolex. His agent, Mark Steinberg, says it is "just the beginning," with more corporate endorsement deals in the works. My oh my how the powers that be and their hacks in the media are yearning for Tiger to return to his former greatness.

Woods will probably be making commercials for years to come even if he isn't winning any tournaments. By the way, Johnny Miller made a lot of money from TV ads after he stopped winning.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I just found this article linked on Sports Illustrated's site. "Woods Posts Another 68, But Middle of the Pack" is the headline, the typical National Lampoon-like "coverage" to be found of golf in the corporate media. But this AP article takes Tiger worshipping extremism one step further -- not a single other golfer in the tournament is mentioned, not the leader, not anyone. No one else exists except the 51st ranked player in the world, the scandal-ridden ******* who hasn't won a tournament in over two years. Truly amazing.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2096407,00.html?sct=hp_t2_a11&eref=sihp

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A great example of someone bowing to the cultural Marxism that turns any statement by any White person that has anything to do with race being considered "racist." So much for free speech! It blows my students minds when I tell them that free speech is a farce, depending on who you are and what you are saying. It is anything but free if you are White.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
A great example of someone bowing to the cultural Marxism that turns any statement by any White person that has anything to do with race being considered "racist." So much for free speech! It blows my students minds when I tell them that free speech is a farce, depending on who you are and what you are saying. It is anything but free if you are White.

I agree with you in point but in fact free speech is an issue of govt suppression of speech. In no way are these careless White speakers worrying about arrest or fine, it's merely social pressure that forces the degrading aplology.

I hope you take care to point out to your students the difference as there are so many people who are clueless about the distinction.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I just found this article linked on Sports Illustrated's site. "Woods Posts Another 68, But Middle of the Pack" is the headline, the typical National Lampoon-like "coverage" to be found of golf in the corporate media. But this AP article takes Tiger worshipping extremism one step further -- not a single other golfer in the tournament is mentioned, not the leader, not anyone. No one else exists except the 51st ranked player in the world, the scandal-ridden ******* who hasn't won a tournament in over two years. Truly amazing.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2096407,00.html?sct=hp_t2_a11&eref=sihp

What a joke! How is "black arse___ (h0le?)" an epitaph?? The cultmarx propagators are over the top. :icon_mad:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
What a joke! How is "black arse___ (h0le?)" an epitaph?? The cultmarx propagators are over the top. :icon_mad:

Though it's perfectly fine for blacks to yell "whiteboy" at Hillis during games. It's perfectly fine for them to rap about killing whites on major record labels. Is there anything blacks aren't allowed to do these days?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree with you in point but in fact free speech is an issue of govt suppression of speech. In no way are these careless White speakers worrying about arrest or fine, it's merely social pressure that forces the degrading aplology.

I hope you take care to point out to your students the difference as there are so many people who are clueless about the distinction.

What is government besides social pressure with more authority? I see the outcomes as being linked. Many people have lost their jobs over free speech issues. It doesn't take a fine or jail time to ruin someone's life. I discuss how government suppresses/controls info and ideas, which in turn tend to limit speech. Of course there is also the reality that laws can change overnight. With the way most politicians treat the Constitution, I have no faith in the First Amendment being upheld.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
What is government besides social pressure with more authority? .

Force. Govt is FORCE. Social pressure is the opinions of other people, govt is guns, jail and fines. It is not difficult to see the difference between the two.

I see the outcomes as being linked. Many people have lost their jobs over free speech issues. It doesn't take a fine or jail time to ruin someone's life.

They are not linked. It should be perfectly fine for an employer to fire an employee for any reason. The job belongs to the employer not the employee. Losing a job shouldn't be considered "ruining one's life", you just go to another job. I was fired for an issue of free speech, it did not ruin my life. It changed my life, I might have been worse off for a while because of it, but my life went on. I was not put in jail or fined for my speech. There is a significant difference.

The issue is that if you think govt should force an employer to let you speak freely then it will also eventually require that you determine what type of "speech" is allowed. I know we are periously close to that now but no reason to hurry it along by making govt the arbiter of what speech an employer can or cannot punish.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Force. Govt is FORCE. Social pressure is the opinions of other people, govt is guns, jail and fines. It is not difficult to see the difference between the two.

They are not linked. It should be perfectly fine for an employer to fire an employee for any reason. The job belongs to the employer not the employee. Losing a job shouldn't be considered "ruining one's life", you just go to another job. I was fired for an issue of free speech, it did not ruin my life. It changed my life, I might have been worse off for a while because of it, but my life went on. I was not put in jail or fined for my speech. There is a significant difference.

The issue is that if you think govt should force an employer to let you speak freely then it will also eventually require that you determine what type of "speech" is allowed. I know we are periously close to that now but no reason to hurry it along by making govt the arbiter of what speech an employer can or cannot punish.

There are all kinds of force, but only government is considered legitimate force/authority. I'm well aware of the differences between a federal prison sentence and being fired from ABC. The outcomes of such things are often similar in the way they effect people's lives. I agree with you that losing a job *shouldn't* ruin one's life, but sometimes it does. I understand that your circumstances were different. I'm glad they were, however, it isn't like that for everyone. Rebuilding a life or a career isn't always as easy as finding another job.

I agree that employers like the Mississippi State Highway Patrol should be able to fire incompetent, certifiably insane employees, but they don't. They know many lawsuits would be forthcoming if they did. How do we transition from that reality to a society in which anyone can be fired from any job for any reason and not do anything (legally) about it?

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
On yesterday’s version of ESPN’s “Pardon the Interruption,†Michael Wilbon (black) and Tony Kornheiser (Jew) were discussing Stevie Williams’ “shove it up that black asshole†directed at TiGirl Woods.

Wilbon emphatically stated that “He won’t just let it go the way Tiger did†because “Williams’ comment really offended me!†He then stated that he’d love to “follow Stevie Williams around, day-and-night, harassing him for being such a racist.†Wilbon, coincidentally enough, has always been one of Tiger’s biggest supporters on ESPN.

Wilbon is a sensitive little black girl, isn’t he? I wonder how often he’d feel “really offended†living as a white man in this permanently-Judaized, toilet-borne “white popular culture?†I am every few seconds.

mike_wilbon_pti_226.jpg

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
On yesterday’s version of ESPN’s “Pardon the Interruption,†Michael Wilbon (black) and Tony Kornheiser (Jew) were discussing Stevie Williams’ “shove it up that black asshole†directed at TiGirl Woods.

Wilbon emphatically stated that “He won’t just let it go the way Tiger did†because “Williams’ comment really offended me!†He then stated that he’d love to “follow Stevie Williams around, day-and-night, harassing him for being such a racist.†Wilbon, coincidentally enough, has always been one of Tiger’s biggest supporters on ESPN.

Wilbon is a sensitive little black girl, isn’t he? I wonder how often he’d feel “really offended†living as a white man in this permanently-Judaized, toilet-borne “white popular culture?†I am every few seconds.

mike_wilbon_pti_226.jpg

Wilbon, in my opinion, is just as bad as all the other black supremacists EPSN has employed like Steven A. Smiff. This is a guy who claims he's been called the "n word" multiple times in Boston and says black athletes shouldn't play there because of the racism. Yeah, okay I'm sure was actually called that by some DWF's. Just more lies to ensure white guilt stays in place in this country in full force.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The professional anti-racists never stop to consider that if Williams is a "racist" why then did he work for Woods for 14 years? If he's a "racist" now then Woods turned him into one.

Last edited:
Looks like the DWF are pulling the plug on Tiger down under.

If you play a practice round of golf and almost nobody shows up, are you still the most famous golfer in the world?
Tiger Woods' epic fall continued this week in Australia. Two years after getting the rock star treatment from 15,000 fans on hand to watch him play a practice round before the 2009 Australian Masters, the former No. 1 golfer in the world was greeted by an shockingly low 250 fans at the same tournament, according to estimates.
Sky Sports reported on the 98.3 percent decline in Tiger's practice round gallery, following the golfer during his pro-am round in Sydney on Wednesday. In '09, Woods' appearance was called a circus by some, with news helicopters hovering over the course distracting fans and golfers alike.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a golf promo during one of NBC's national NFL telecasts Sunday for the upcoming President's Cup. Of course the 51st ranked player in the world or whatever he's descended to this week, lower than anyone else on either team, was given the feature role. No matter how poorly he plays or how morally corrupt he's revealed to be, the Cultural Marxist establishment just can't bear the thought of not glorifying their NWO icon.

Woods is only playing in Australia because he gets a huge fee to play that tournament. I wonder how much longer that will continue given his ongoing free-fall.