Some young guys for future olympics.

freedom1

Mentor
At yesterday's Russian indoor championships:

19-year-old Vyacheslav Kolesnikov got 2nd place in the 200 at 21.29.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The latest indoor European Top Lists look great thus far in the season. We have 6 of the 4 out of the top 5 fastest times in the 60! Our guys also occupy 7 of the top 10 and the list goes on and on. The 200 is just as good so far. What is really nice is the number of young sprinters starting to emerge. We should see some real fireworks this summer and I'm not talking about July 4th! I can't wait for outdoors!

Here is the latest list and I'm sure it will continue to get better. Every weekend we have some more sprinters stepping up their game.

[url]http://www.tilastopaja.org/db/toplist.php?list=fulltoptbeuro &All=0&Ind=1&top=30&Season=2009 [/url]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Never heard of this kid before today. He ran a 10.38 today. Not too bad. Here is a link to his bio. He is only a junior this season so he still has time to continue to improve. I belive this is the same school that Jared Connaugton graduated from. Two fast Jarids from the same school. Maybe this will be a college that more white sprinters will get a fair chance. Good luck to him this year.

[url]http://www.utamavs.com/sports/m-track/mtt/vaughan_jarid00.ht ml[/url]Edited by: white lightning

StarWars

Mentor
That means he is 23 years old. Not bad at all, definitely good enough to go pro eventually. He will have to start improving fast this season if he wants to go pro though. It is possible he could get into the low 10.2s by the end of the season. I haven't seen him run though.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a video of the race with Jarid Vaughn from yesterday where he finished 2nd. His closing speed is very impressive. With a better start, he wins this race. Flotrack has so many great races from all over. Anywhere from high school to college and more. They are very good at showing the best of track for those of us that cannot be there. Enjoy.

[url]http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234836/16 7775[/url]

StarWars

Mentor
The 100 meter hopes for berlin are Matic Osovnikar, Andrey Epishin, Dariusz Kuc, Tobias Unger, Jared Connaughton, Craig Pickering, Fabio Cerutti, Christian Blum, Emanuele Di Gregorio, and Christophe Lemaitre.

For the long jump there is Fabrice Lapierre, Mitchell Watt, Sebastian Bayer, Nils Winter, Louis Tsatoumas, Aleksandr Petrov, Greg Rutherford, and a bunch of dark horses.

For the high jump there is Andrey Silnov, Linus Thornblad, Ivan Ukhov, and again many dark horses.

For the 400 there is David Gillick, Claudio Licciardello, Jeremy Wariner, Rock, Wissman, and Sean Wroe.

Ivan Ukhov

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I noticed that Jared Connaugton also ran in one of the heats. It was his season opener outdoors. He ran a 10.26 in his race. Also, it said Jarid Vaughn ran a 10.23 so that is very fast. Great base to start the outdoor season. We will have to follow both of these guys as the season progresses.

StarWars

Mentor
Jarid Vaghn ran with a big tailwind well over 2 m/s. But still a great time and I can see him getting into the high 10.1xs by end of season. Connnaughton I can see getting into the mid 10.0xs, despite running a not so fast 60 meter. Unlike Pickering and others, he trains smart by running 200 meters sometimes, and has a good last 40 meters.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I've said it before. Germany is producing some very good athletes. Here is a short article about one of their young pole vault future stars who just won a competition in S.Africa. Check out the picture of the team. Everyone of these guys is ripped. Makes me want to go hit the gym and get in some extra cardio.

The World Championships in Berlin, Germany is going to be a great time. Not to mention the beautiful fraulines!

[url]http://74.125.19.132/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.le ichtathletik.de/index.php%3FNavID%3D1%26SiteID%3D28%26NewsID %3D21876&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgerman%2Bathletics%26hl%3Den&usg =ALkJrhh4XkkhFA19w58yok6Ran3S-wycCA [/url]

StarWars

Mentor
Jarid Vaughn of Canada is improving very fast. He ran a 20.47 wind aided to start the season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What meet was this at? How fast was the wind? That is a very solid time for this early. It has to help him with his confidence. Canada has had three or four elite white sprinters over the last several years. Macrozonaris, LeBlanc, Connaughton, and Vaughn.

Where are the white american sprinters?
smiley7.gif
Edited by: white lightning

StarWars

Mentor
Only a 3.4 m/s wind, so the time is not too inflated especially involving the curve of his 200 meter that would hurt the time. He did this on the 11th of April.

StarWars

Mentor
white lightning said:
Where are the white american sprinters?
smiley7.gif

Just about doing every sport but sprinting.
smiley6.gif
They also buy into all this self hating crap. America may not even be that white for too much longer.
smiley19.gif
And that means less chicks. And less chicks means Im outta here.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Whites in America are still supposed to be the majority until around 2050 from the studies. Maybe alot longer if white people start having bigger familys and they continue to slow down the rate of illegals coming here. The additions to the wall have helped alot. They really should finish the thing but I doubt that will ever happen.

It may not be Europe or Australia but the USA still has millions of beautiful white ladies. I don't think that will change anytime soon.
smiley32.gif

I just want the summer season to get here. I can't remember being this impatient before. It's eating me up waiting. It will be here soon.

Drake Relays this weekend guys. Also the Kansas Relays and many other meets. Europe will start heating up in May. So many meets, so little time.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white lightning

kre08

Guru
High school senior Jordan Mullen set the Drake Relays and stadium record in the heats of the 110 meter hurdles in a time of 14.14 seconds with 0.0 wind. I can't wait to see what kind of time he runs in the finals. Shane Crawford and Mike Leblanc race later today in the 100m dash at the Penn Relays.

Edit-Jordan has actually already run and won the finals in an even faster time of 14.04 seconds. Second place was nearly half a second behind him.Edited by: kre08

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jordan Mullen is a man among boys. Looks like Josh Hembrough will have some company in college soon at the 110 High Hurdles. This is an incredible display by a high school kid. He will be getting his own thread before too long. Thanks for the update.

StarWars

Mentor
Tristan Thomas of Australia leads Toplists in the 400m hurdles. Hopefully he isn't burned out along with Lapierre and Watts.

StarWars

Mentor
Jeffrey Risely of Australia is the leading miler with 3 minutes 54 seconds. Hopefully he is another Sebastian Coe in the making.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Now they know how to run in Boston. I just noticed this earlier today. Chris McConnell who is an very good high school sprinter was the fastest guy on the speed gun at this meet. The fastest girl was also a white girl. Who says whites can't run? Good to see some kids breaking down the stereotypes in the USA. Here is the link.

http://www.dyestat.com/?pg=home-puma-Street-Meet

green fire317

Banned
i remembering reading a article by jemelle hill supporting the idea of jon entne but i cant remember what article it was. i also remember when a white sportswriter said "everday in the news i see another black athelete get in trouble with the law". her immediate response was "what about matt jones?" i wish the white sportswriter said name another white athelete who has recently got in trouble with the law. Edited by: green fire317

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't get what is happening to alot of our young guys. They show great potential and then they go the opposite direction. Here are a few examples. Shane Crawford of Purdue. He goes from running a high 10.30's to 10.40 in high school to running 10.70's and 10.80 something times in college. He is now a sophmore.

Michael LeBlanc. From a 10.16 his freshman year of college to running 10.60 - 10.80 times his junior year. At least he had a major injury where he missed a whole year of track.

Another one. Miklos Szebeny who is a sophmore at Notre Dame. He ran in the 10.40's as a teenager and now is stuck in the 10.60's - 11.00 second range. Is it college life. Maybe school, partys, women, beer? I just don't get how these guys go backards. Maybe they all have had a string of injuries? Or maybe they are not training at a high level. It's too hard to speculate but is is discouraging. Let's hope some of these kids can still turn it around before they graduate. Here is the bio of Miklos.

[url]http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/biographies/country=hun/athcode =196763/index.html[/url]

StarWars

Mentor
Probably because they compete in America which does not believe in them, and then they don't believe in themselves. Europeans and Australians don't have to deal with being bombarded with negativity. If you just go on Michael Leblanc's youtube page so many people talk about him being white and he sometimes attempts to comment that race doesn't matter but my bet is it affects him deep down.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Yes, this regression is definitely a problem that mystifies and frustrates me.
Matt Bruno was another one, who never ran as fast after high school as he did in high school. Casey Combest comes to mind too....
JT Scheuermann was a high school All-American in the sprints. His best high school times were 46.23 in the 400 meters, 20.74 in the 200 meters and 10.39 in the 100 meters. Now he is a junior at Baylor and he hasn't come close to approaching his HS times. In fact he has been getting slower every year.
Mark Teter, also at Baylor a few yrs ago had the same problem. He was the Texas HS champ, with a best time was 46.15. That was faster than Wariner had ever run in HS. But in 4 years at Baylor he never ran 46s again. I just dont know how he could become so much slower.
But it does happen that some guys peak in high school, but it is weird that these guys are so much slower than before.

StarWars

Mentor
jacknyc said:
But it does happen that some guys peak in high school, but it is weird that these guys are so much slower than before.

Very odd. Yes some do peak in highschool but European sprinters prove this is not a white attribute but an American white attribute. Very curious.