Some young guys for future olympics.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another young white sprinter to add to the list Michael Tischner is only a freshman at Syracuse University and today he ran a 6.69 in the 60 meters. That is flat out moving. I hope Michael LeBlanc can return very soon for Syracuse. They will have two elite white sprinters in the 100 and on there 4 x 100 Relay Squad. Way to go Syracuse Orange Men!

waterbed

Mentor
Important year for pickering.after running 10.14 in 2007 and 10.15 in 2008 and running 10.22 in 2005.will he improve or is this his top.I aslo hope Christophe lamitre improves and run sub 10.2 at 18/19 years old!.that would be great.Does usa sprinter Dallas Robinson still sprinting or is he full time rugby player?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dallas quit track. What a shame as he was one hell of a talent. He could have gone so much faster with additional training assuming he could stay healthy.

I agree about Craig Pickering. He not only has to prove his ability to the public but also to himself. I would hate to see him not belive that he is capable of so much more. I highly doubt it as he is a bright young man and a student of the sport. Does anyone know if he will run indoors at all this season? I haven't heard anything as of yet. I do think if he does it will be brief with the World Championships coming up later this summer. There goal has always been to excel outdoors as it should be.

I am interested to see how many of the young guys can step it up this year. Guys like Lemaitre, Crawford, Blum, LeBlanc, Van der Vyver, JayConn, Schwaub,Myers, Tischner, andPickering. The futurecould bevery bright if even half of these kids turn into stars.

Lemaitre can potentially be a legitimate threat once he learns to start better. Pickering used to be a slow starter as well. If Lemaitrecan get out of the blocks better, he will run some incredible times!

There are indeed several young talented white sprinters around the world now, though mostly in the USA and Europe. But the possibility any of them will run a sub-10 (100 meters), and a sub-20 (200 meters) is still 1-in-a Million.

They will have to work their butts off extremely hard, and pray that no injury of any sort happens to them in the next 4 to 8 years.

I think China</span> might produce a sub-10 or sub-20 sprinter in the next 8 to 16 years. They train their athletes like no other country does</span>. They probably have found several potential prodigies</span> who can run the speed of Usain Bolt.

Unless every white sprinter takes their profession really seriously, not to mention have the adequate training needed, expect a YELLOW</span> (Chinese) sub-10, sub-20 sprinter sometime in the next 8-16 years.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For you to think that the Chinese will run a sub 10 before a white will is crazy. Other than their population, what other evidence is there? They don't even have one guy running in the 10.10 - 10.20 range! The Japanese have a better chance than the Chinese do. I wouldn't mind either of them acheiving the feat by you underestimate white sprinters! One in a million. I don't think so. The odds are far better than that for this year alone. Let me list a few guys and their personal bests at the moment and most of these white sprinters are very young.

Matt Shirvington 10.03

Nic Macrozonaris 10.03

Andrey Yepishin 10.10

Matic Osovnikar 10.13

Craig Pickering 10.14

Jared Connaugton 10.15 and 20.34 in the 200!

Guus Hoomeged 10.15

Michael LeBlanc 10.16

Paul Hession 10.18 and 20.30 in the 200!

Tobias Unger 10.13 and 20.20 in the 200!

Christophe Lemaitre 10.26 at 18 years of age.

Wilhelm Van der Vyver 10.32 at 19 years of age.

Shane Crawford 10.34 at 19 years of age.

That is a good start. Now where is your elite list of Chinese Sprinters? Even thinking they are 8-16 years away is probably dreaming. They are about a 1 in a billion chance to do it anytime in the next three decades although I hope I'm wrong. They just are not even nearly as close as european sprinters are!

Liu Xiang </span>did set a then-world record in the 110 meter hurdles</span>, an event whites were never very good at, while of course there are no other Chinese sprinters in sight, Beijing 2008 did belong to China. Most of its medals coming from Diving</span> and Gymnastics</span>.

</span>Nobody ever thought China would dominate these two sporting events, (which were traditionally dominated by Europe and the USA) now they are slowly, but surely invading other territories like Tennis, Swimming, and Track &amp; Field</span>. They </span>are already a force in Basketball, Volleyball, Table Tennis, and Badminton.

</span>I ain't backstabbing our fellow whites, but </span>looking at past years, whites were not that close to going sub-10, Hines (black) went 9.90 in 1976, the great Allan Wells clocked a personal best 10.02 in 1982/1983. That Karlsson guy went 9.98 in 1998, but it was wind assisted. Marion Woronin went 10.00 flat in 1984, the Japanese Ito went 10.00 flat also in 1998. White sprinters in the 60's and 70's were not that close to going sub-10.

Somewhere in China, they are probably (in secret) training young prodigies aged 5-10 years old, and are studying Usain Bolt carefully. It's just my erroneus guess.

I was actually happy</span> when Liu Xiang dropped out due to injury, let's say it's a big setback for them Chinese. While I was shocked</span> to see Wariner held to 2nd place in the finals. While it's still just a one in a billion possiblity for the Chinese, there's no doubt in my mind they are working in progress. They plan to go to the MOON</span> afterall.

I would really like</span> to see a white sprinter not only run a sub-10 or sub-20, but also start becoming a real force in every running track event (100 meters</span>.....all the way to the Marathon</span>).

I'll say again, the Chinese train their athletes like no other country does</span>.

</span>
Edited by: indianwhite

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gotta get to bed but I will make a short comment. I love Liu Xiang but he doesn't have the record anymore. I hope he gets it back. Hurdles is more about great technique than it is speed. He has the best technique of anyone on the planet. His speed however is probably around a 10.30's at best. Maybe the high 10.20's but I doubt it. I root for him as he is as classy as they come. I was bummed that he couldn't defend his medal. His speed however is not with guys like Trammel. Not that any white 110 hurdlers are at the moment either. There are 2 or 3 that very soon could challenge some of these elite hurdlers. I hope Xiang can come back as I really like him. While the Chinese may train like no others, it will still take multiple factors for them to even have remote success in the 100/200. Again I hope I'm wrong. There are many great black sprinters but I get sick and tired of the stupid stereotypes that no other ethnicity can run fast!

I'm pumped for this season as I have a very strong feeling that it could be one for the ages. White sprinters are slowly making a comeback. It's a very exciting time to be a track fan. Keep up the great posts indianwhite. We need more discussion on the the track board. Your very knowledgable.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
A note about the Chinese....I have been there several times for work, and have asked some of the people I met about sports participation. Sports is not a part of schools curriculums, so most Chinese do not participate in sport unless they make an effort to join a sports club. So many many potential talents are probably going undiscovered.
Also, although China has made great economic strides in the past 10 years, many people there are still just trying to make a living, so sports participation is kind of a luxury - unless you become a top athlete and it becomes your job.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Back to sprinting results for now. Craig Pickering opened up with a 6.68 easing down in his first race. He looked relaxed. One guy we haven't talked about much is another guy from Scotland. Nick Smith ran a 6.66 to win his race recently. That is only 2/100th of his p.b from last year. He has a p.b. of 10.28 outdoors. Maybe he can make some impovements. Nick is already 26 so if he is going to move up the ladder, he needs to get going soon. Allan Wells used to talk about Nick when he was only a teenager. Good luck to Nick and Craig this season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some more results from today in Germany. Christian Blum ran the 2nd fastest 60 meters in the world with a 6.61! He is on form this year for sure. Another German youngster Stefan Schwaub ran a 6.65 to also qualify for the indoor champs. Tobias Unger opened his season with a 6.68 in his first race.

On the womens side, Veronica Sailer of Germany also qualified a few days ago running a 7.30! Things are looking good in Deustchland at the moment.
smiley32.gif

Freedom

Mentor
Aborigines are about as close to Bantus as Whites so I'd say Patrick Johnson is proof that the Caste system is a hoax, albeit, he's not considered white.

white lightning</span>, that is great news!

Who would have thought Germany would start producing several outstanding white sprinters. Things are looking good alright in Deustchland.

What they also need to do is start producing another Boris Becker, Steffi Graf, Michael Schumacher, Detlef Schrempf, and another Dirk Nowitzki.

greyghost

Mentor
yo guys glad to see ur all still out there and still supporting the cause ; blum is back and pick is winding his times down dont forget about yepishin he still has the better pbs and i feel theres something to come from him this year indoor and outdoor; also glad to see john woods is looking to sprint for aussies he is a talented and underrated sprinter ; ranting t.unger will be back to his best granting he stays focused ;watchout for hession&nbsp ;
smiley32.gif

greyghost

Mentor
remember germany has produced world class sprinters in the past east german sprinters like frank emmelmann and west german christian haasand obviously armin haryalong with european junior 60m record holder 6.53 seconds sven matthesbelieve there was alot before blum or reusread up on the magnificent german sprinters of the 1950s and 1960s

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Guests said:
Do you have a link?  The stories I read indicated that they were reducing funding for athetes least likely medal.  He's still getting funded, but by not as much.  Nothing against Pickering, but you need a 9.90 or under to medal.

The Bronze medal this year was 9.91 I believe and the Silver 9.89. If they start catching more of these Jamaican types for PED use the Bronze times will go up to average in the high 9.9xs/ low 10.0xs.

I remember Maximus/Texas Tech posted once about how every receiver in the NFL in the top 30 in receptions except two ran a 4.5 or better. It was a big fat lie and he rounded the times. NFLdraftscout outright proves that he lied. There are 5 or more every year that run 4.6 or slower in the top 30 in receptions; including Larry Fitz and Anquan Bolden this year. There are lots of myths to supposedly how much faster blacks are than whites. The disparity is much smaller than the DWFs think.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dariusz Kuc of Poland won his both of his 60 meter opening races today. He set a p.b. of 6.66 with one of his wins. This is a solid opening time. He is only 22 or maybe 23 years of age. He needs to return to his form of a couple of years ago. Kuc reminds alot of people of Christian Blum. Two youngsters to keep an eye on.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Finally he returns. Michael LeBlanc who has as much talent as any white sprinter that we discuss has come back. He ran in the Penn State Track Meet today. He had to compete 3 times in the 60 meters. He advanced to the finals and tied for first with a 6.72. They gave the other guy the advantage down to the thousands of a second but who cares. Michael LeBlanc dominated the Big East just two years ago for Syracuse. He is only a junior but he missed 99% of last year with a major injury he sustained while doing heavy squats. I was starting to wonder if he would ever make it back to health. Three races in one day is a hell of a start to show that his body is recovering nicely.

Michael LeBlanc has a p.b. of 10.16 from just 2 years ago. His potential is amazing if his body can stay healthy. I compare his style to Shirvo. I'm so happy to just see him back on the track. Good luck to Michael LeBlanc this year. By the way, LeBlanc stands for "the white" in french.
smiley36.gif

Craig Pickering and Jeremy Wariner are for the time being, the best white sprinters around. But I have good reason to believe that these new generation of white sprinters will surpass them in the coming years. Jeremy Wariner needs to return to the training regimen that won him the gold in 2004. Craig Pickering, should continue training hard, so that he may one day run a sub-10.

The future sure looks bright, bright white that is.
smiley36.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jordan Boase of Washington ran a 20.85 for the victory indoors today. It is the 2nd fastest time in the country. Way to go Jordan!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's great to see Kuc running strong again. He ran a 10.17 just 2 years ago. That is very fast. My biggest hope is to see all of these young sprinters continue to push each other. The best chance of seeing some sub 10's eventually are to have many different sprinters competing at the highest levels. Look at how many young guys that are running strong right now. It's very exciting. As much as I like indoors, it's outdoors where you earn respect and the big prize money. Let's hope these guys can continue to excel this summer. The best thing about this season so far is that the majority of the white sprinters running these times are very young. That bodes very well for the near future if they can continue to be consistant and eventually run faster.

The more of these guys that break through, the more young kids around the world will look up to them. Kids need to dream about being the next Pickering, Connaughton, Blum, etc. If that happens, things will really be great in a couple of decades from now.

kre08

Guru
Christophe Lemaitre ran a 6.64 60 meter dash today to better his previous personal best set last year by nearly a tenth of a second! This kid is a year younger than me and I'm a freshman in college so I think that puts him in the phenom category. If he can better his 100 meter time this summer by the same percentage he just bettered his 60 meter he'll run a 10.11 as a teenager!