Prison Scenario/Question?

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I was watching History Channel's "Gangland" Aryan Brotherhood episode the other night, and was curious about something. Being that the economy is quickly imploding and martial law & FEMA camps may be following soon after (& us non-NWO conformists will be 1st on the list)...if you landed in the pen, would you clique with the AB/Brand (etc.) or go it solo & try to maintain a low profile?

P.S. - ...And NO, I've not done time & don't plan to any time soon barring a total police state & FEMA camp roundups (Good Lord willing).
smiley2.gif

WXYZ

I would probably keep a low profile. I would not be planning on staying there a while.

DWFan

Mentor
I haven't been to prison, but just from having been in jail for a few days I'm pretty confident that a low profile in prison is impossible.
I'm poor and can't fight very well, so I doubt a gang like the AB would have me. But if I were connected to money, or were tougher, and were in prison--man yeah I'd join up. Wouldn't think twice.

guest301

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
I was watching History Channel's "Gangland" Aryan Brotherhood episode the other night, and was curious about something. Being that the economy is quickly imploding and martial law & FEMA camps may be following soon after (& us non-NWO conformists will be 1st on the list)...if you landed in the pen, would you clique with the AB/Brand (etc.) or go it solo & try to maintain a low profile?

P.S. - ...And NO, I've not done time & don't plan to any time soon barring a total police state & FEMA camp roundups (Good Lord willing).
smiley2.gif

Not sure the answer to that question other than I have NO plans to be this goverments political prisoner. If they ever come to get me, they will have to kill me. I bet you that most of the people at CF feel the same way. Hell, alot of the conservatives that I know personally feel that way.

DWFan

Mentor
Yeah I pretty much agree with Aragorn here, making my answer even more hypothetical than it already was. Prisons are just torture chambers so far as I'm concerned, and I wouldn't go to one if I could take pretty much ANY other way, so long as it didn't involve trying to put someone else in prison.Edited by: DWFan

I read about this. My main goal would be to not get raped. I heard that about 10% of the black and Hispanic prisoners get raped, but about 50% of the white prisoners get raped. I think the prison population nationally breaks down roughly 40% black, 25% Hispanic and 25% white and then 10% whatever. The problem is that white prisoners don't form an alliance like the other groups, so weak whites are considered prey or free agents. If a black or Hispanic prisoner gets raped by someone outside their race, they have to get permission first. A white prisoner should not act racist or too friendly with blacks or Hispanics. If they act too friendly they will likely get raped by whites. They should just act cordial with everyone, but only become good friends with other whites. Also, white guys that look like they can handle themselves are much less likely to be targeted. Sex criminals, regardless of race, can be raped by anyone. This is just a rough breakdown and likely varies (especially the racial %) by state.Edited by: Fightingtowin

DWFan

Mentor
Long ago I read Jim Hogshire's "You Are Going To Prison", a manual advising people of actions to take, and not to take, from the moment of initial contact with law enforcement, through the court system, and all the way through the various segments of incarceration. It talks a lot about the points Fightingtowin makes, and though it's an old book, the advice is probably just as relevant now as it was at its release. I'd strongly suggest anyone interested in this thread to get it; it was definitely worth the money to me.Edited by: DWFan

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
If you find yourself in jail, I got one piece of advice: claim some sort of illness, especially one that needs medication. It can be anything but the worse the better, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. They will HAVE to put you in with other inmates that are under medical care, and those guys are usually old or sick, and a lot less likely to be in gangs or in any condition to do anything to you. Plus you get watched more closely. The system also loves to have special needs patients and prison medical staff are always looking for new customers.

Stay out of the general population, anyone posting on this board is probably 5 times as smart as the next guy in the slammer and when they find that out they will NOT like you. Unless you go to a 'Club Fed' low security facility for white guys like us, then it's not so bad.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Fightingtowin said:
I read about this. My main goal would be to not get raped. I heard that about 10% of the black and Hispanic prisoners get raped, but about 50% of the white prisoners get raped. I think the prison population nationally breaks down roughly 40% black, 25% Hispanic and 25% white and then 10% whatever. The problem is that white prisoners don't form an alliance like the other groups, so weak whites are considered prey or free agents. If a black or Hispanic prisoner gets raped by someone outside their race, they have to get permission first. A white prisoner should not act racist or too friendly with blacks or Hispanics. If they act too friendly they will likely get raped by whites. They should just act cordial with everyone, but only become good friends with other whites. Also, white guys that look like they can handle themselves are much less likely to be targeted. Sex criminals, regardless of race, can be raped by anyone. This is just a rough breakdown and likely various (especially the racial %) by state.
Sex criminals depending on the severity will also get killed. So will snitches and serial killers that target women or children. Also cops will get killed too. Anybody with any "bitch" in them will get bullied too. Even in liberal Canada beatings occur. But rape is far less.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
I hate to even think about situations like this.I would ratherbe in a hard labor,severely monitored prison system--with the death penalty for any sort of getting out of line--than be in a prison where the prisoners run the show.

I saw atv program once on this. In california, i think, there are three large gangs--black, hispanic, and white. You pretty much *had* to join the gang of your race. As an initiation you had to start a fight with a member of one of the other gangs.

Hell on earth--always worrying about being ambused, beaten, raped, murdered.

Never understood how authorities could let situations like these develop. Maybe the solution is a prison for each race, so that these natural animosities don't get triggered and expressed.

DWFan

Mentor
Solomon, it has actually been proposed in CA that the prisons become segregated. Apparently, desegregation was only meant to effect gang rape of whites by blacks. Now that Hispanics are beating the living hell out of blacks in CA prisons and jails, and raping them, many in the legal system suddenly find racial segregation desirable.

Menelik

Mentor
jaxvid said:
If you find yourself in jail, I got one piece of advice: claim some sort of illness, especially one that needs medication. It can be anything but the worse the better, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. They will HAVE to put you in with other inmates that are under medical care, and those guys are usually old or sick, and a lot less likely to be in gangs or in any condition to do anything to you. Plus you get watched more closely. The system also loves to have special needs patients and prison medical staff are always looking for new customers.

I used to be a jailer in a 1200+ county lockup and the conditions you listed aren't serious enough for an inmate to get out of general population (at least in Georgia). From what I observed, 2 years jailer, 3 years sheriffs deputy, is if you are weak or effeminate you don't want to go to jail. Also joining different gangs to "protect" you only works in the movies. Just my opinion though.

Maybe I would claim to have a variety of STDs like HIV, hepatitis c, etc due to past drug use and dealings with infected prostitutes. That should discourage some people from trying anything. Other than that I would take the advice of fightingtowin, to basically be respectful to everyone but only make friends with the whites, because if you make friends with even a good person from another race, you will somehow get used in that scenario. If anyone talked prison gossip or about fueds or anything like that, I'd immediate walk away as to not get involved in uneccesary conflicts. I'd try to spend a lot of time reading and making phone calls, so I wouldn't have to deal with guards and prisoners as much.

In addition to the prisoners, some of the guards are just as bad and are often in cahoots with certain prisoners. I'm sure Menelik can offer some more insight about this.

Menelik

Mentor
Electric Slide said:
In addition to the prisoners, some of the guards are just as bad and are often in cahoots with certain prisoners. I'm sure Menelik can offer some more insight about this.

You are absolutely right. Corrections was the most corrupt job field that I ever worked in. Lot of good officers, but also a lot of crooked ones too. Most of the ones I observed getting into trouble were single overweight females who got talked into bringing in stuff for the inmates. They were guilty of "personal dealings." Thats how most contraband enters a prison.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Prison rape, gang initiations, prisoners and corrupt guards running the prison. All that goes back to my original post on this thread. If I have done nothing wrong but the goverment comes after me anyway because of my views, then they will have to kill me and I will take a few of them with me. How is the average prisoner suppossed to be rehabilitated in that kind of enviroment? They come out worse than they were going in.

DWFan

Mentor
Menelik, what typically happens when the sorts of corrupt guards you've seen are caught...are they generally arrested and brought to trial, or is it dealt with in-house?

Menelik

Mentor
DWFan said:
Menelik, what typically happens when the sorts of corrupt guards you've seen are caught...are they generally arrested and brought to trial, or is it dealt with in-house?

Unless they commit a felony they are usually just fired. Jurisdiction of any crimes committed by staff in a prison, unless federal, are handled by the local county prosecute. Generally D.A.s don't prosecute small crimes because of (1)it doesn't affect any of the voting citizens and (2)It costs the county money and doesn't benefit the local D.A. at all.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Menelik said:
DWFan said:

Unless they commit a felony they are usually just fired. Jurisdiction of any crimes committed by staff in a prison, unless federal, are handled by the local county prosecute. Generally D.A.s don't prosecute small crimes because of (1)it doesn't affect any of the voting citizens and (2)It costs the county money and doesn't benefit the local D.A. at all.

Funny you bring that up DWfan. I actually work with a former corrections officer. This is a young kid of only 25 years old. He had sexual relations with a female prisoner and brought her a cell phone so they could talk. Well he lost his job and is now facing serious criminal charges.

DWFan

Mentor
Menelik said:
I used to be a jailer in a 1200+ county lockup and the conditions you listed aren't serious enough for an inmate to get out of general population (at least in Georgia). From what I observed, 2 years jailer, 3 years sheriffs deputy, is if you are weak or effeminate you don't want to go to jail. Also joining different gangs to "protect" you only works in the movies. Just my opinion though.

I can attest to what you're saying in that in my stay in county, my diabetes did not get me out of the general pop. cells (though I only had a few days, and wasn't trying to get out). But I wonder if he might be onto something as far as more long-term stays go. I guess, as you suggest, it would depend on what state you're in.

Menelik

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Menelik said:
DWFan said:

Funny you bring that up DWfan. I actually work with a former corrections officer. This is a young kid of only 25 years old. He had sexual relations with a female prisoner and brought her a cell phone so they could talk. Well he lost his job and is now facing serious criminal charges.

It is the "Custodial Sexual Misconduct" over which he is facing serious time over. Inmates, male or female, do not have the right to consent. Also at 25 years old he is hardly a kid.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I'm a pretty big fella with a good deal of functional strength & can handle my own "in the streets". I trained Muay Thai KB in the mid 90s & recently got my purple belt in BJJ (
smiley4.gif
) & have some catch & freestyle wrestling "101" knowledge. Although I'm not proud of it, I've been in more that my share of scraps (circa grade school thru college). My short fuse (back then) got me in some trouble. Given these factors, I like my odds in a scrap against 85-90% of the U.S. (healthy) male population (ages 18-50, etc.). ***With the exception of top flight martial artists, MMA fighters, hardcore brawlers, etc.

However, going against multiple attackers always changes the game. You can't allow yourself to get overly focused by 1 opponent (or the others blindside you). Nor can you allow one of the opponent to "tie you up" (in a clinch, bear hug, wrapping around a limb), or the others will tee off on you (at once). Against multiple opponents, you have to strike quick, distribute strikes, be allusive & use ANY weapon (makeshift or otherwise) within reach. ***Fyi, Bas Rutten's "Lethal Street Fighting" Self Defense System DVD has some good tips on improvising "weapons" in a street fight.

In prison, I assume you'd have to worry about shanks & zips guns as well. I've got a pretty vicious streak once I reach that point/zone (which is very rare these days). Fortunately, I've mellowed out (ALOT) as I've aged & have a family now. However, I wouldn't hessitate to take someone's eye out, bite out their trachea, shoot or stab someone (in a NY minute) IF I thought my life (or my wife/kids life or safety) was in jeopardy. In jail, I'd be under that same premise...kill (asap) before being killed. Not that I'm some "bad@$$", but I'd understand the zone I'd have to be in to survive in jail.

I'd probably keep a low profile but not appear weak (like a punk), but not act overly "hard" (as it'd bring about being "tested"). I agree with G301...I won't go voluntarily to jail if I've not done anything against the Constitution. No "going along quitely" to the FEMA camp for microchip implantation & mass vaccinations for this ol' boy!
smiley2.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
I'm a pretty big fella with a good deal of functional strength & can handle my own "in the streets". I trained Muay Thai KB in the mid 90s & recently got my purple belt in BJJ (
smiley4.gif
) & have some catch & freestyle wrestling "101" knowledge. Although I'm not proud of it, I've been in more that my share of scraps (circa grade school thru college). My short fuse (back then) got me in some trouble. Given these factors, I like my odds in a scrap against 85-90% of the U.S. (healthy) male population (ages 18-50, etc.). ***With the exception of top flight martial artists, MMA fighters, hardcore brawlers, etc.

However, going against multiple attackers always changes the game. You can't allow yourself to get overly focused by 1 opponent (or the others blindside you). Nor can you allow one of the opponent to "tie you up" (in a clinch, bear hug, wrapping around a limb), or the others will tee off on you (at once). Against multiple opponents, you have to strike quick, distribute strikes, be allusive & use ANY weapon (makeshift or otherwise) within reach. ***Fyi, Bas Rutten's "Lethal Street Fighting" Self Defense System DVD has some good tips on improvising "weapons" in a street fight.

In prison, I assume you'd have to worry about shanks & zips guns as well. I've got a pretty vicious streak once I reach that point/zone (which is very rare these days). Fortunately, I've mellowed out (ALOT) as I've aged & have a family now. However, I wouldn't hessitate to take someone's eye out, bite out their trachea, shoot or stab someone (in a NY minute) IF I thought my life (or my wife/kids life or safety) was in jeopardy. In jail, I'd be under that same premise...kill (asap) before being killed. Not that I'm some "bad@$$", but I'd understand the zone I'd have to be in to survive in jail.

I'd probably keep a low profile but not appear weak (like a punk), but not act overly "hard" (as it'd bring about being "tested"). I agree with G301...I won't go voluntarily to jail if I've not done anything against the Constitution. No "going along quitely" to the FEMA camp for microchip implantation & mass vaccinations for this ol' boy!
smiley2.gif

Dixie, good post. However I think a 6'8 280 to 300 lb. guy like yourself would have a hard time keeping a "low profile" in prison. They certainly would want you in all the pickup games out in the yard.
smiley2.gif
I am going to have to take a look at the Bas Rutten DVD you referred too.