Peyton Hillis

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
More pearls of wisdom from another of Bleacher Report's DWFs:

The Denver Broncos : 2010 Options

The first point and direct point with the Denver Broncos is Peyton Hillis. Ive spoken to numerous friends and all agree my option for Denver is the best. Move Sheffler our and put Hillis in. Thats right. Trade sheffler for a late rounder and Hillis to TE. He has the size and blocking power to stop alot of De's. His height being the only problem but he has great hands and can jump better than any TE would need. He is ill used and mostly under rated. Richard Quinn maybe the next big TE but the looks of last year is he does not have that Fire. Hillis needs to be givin an important role in the Denver locker room. Other wise use him as bait for Shanny who loves the guy.

Knowshon Moreno. I am probably the biggest Moreno fan in Denver. I bought 3 of his rookie on field jerseys. One for the wall and 2 to wear. One for the stadium and one for Saturdays. ( I sold one after a friend learned yes he is a bad man)Yep already. His production under the Zone scheme was less than desirable but when he ran with his heart he was very Barry Sanders like. Lamont smith and my mother are colleagues and so I have a little love for Me.Sanders. Moreno will be great. He is my 2nd favorite Broncos right now. I say 2nd just because he needs production still. However I follow this kid. He needs to be let loose. The power scheme change will show Moreno is in fact an Elite back in the NFL
smiley29.gif
full article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/348785-the-denver-broncos-2010-options

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Another DWF. He thinks the slow Moreno will be an elite NFL back? Who is he kidding? Peyton Hillis should be a quality running back in the league if given an opportunity and starting over Moreno. The part about this guy having three Moreno jerseys is too much. That's a great way to support your "brutha."

dwid

Hall of Famer
he bought THREE of his rookie on field jerseys? that seems like a big loser thing to do, probably very expensive too. "Barry Sanders like" Is this guy for real? haha. Denver going to a man blocking scheme (the power scheme change) is probably going to lower Moreno's production. McDaniels already did it somewhat last year and it failed. What a genius that coach is, not using talented players, and then changing the scheme from zone blocking to man, which most of the linemen aren't suited for. They were very great in the zone blocking scheme, now they are going to probably be replaced. McDaniels will probably get a bunch of sumos to fill in, thinking that 350 pounds of lard will be strong enough to run the system. I will laugh when he still fails to move the ball down the field. All he had to do was come in and make the defense better.

Scheffler gone? Hillis a TE? seriously? Hillis needs to get out of there, along with Scheffler. This isn't the only article written about moving Hillis to TE and getting rid of Scheffler, an article under it says the same exact thing, except this one says something about trading/cutting Brandon Stokley, or having him retire and becoming a coach?

What happened to last year when it seemed there were tons of smart Denver fans who wanted to see Hillis be a tailback? Did a year really make all of these people forget how great he was running the ball? Much better than Moreno. They still apprently want to see him on the field, but at TE which I don't think he has the body frame for.Edited by: dwid

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Dwid I'm glad you caught that too. I can honestly say I do not ownone jerseys. I plan on getting a Welker jersey soon, and will most likely buy a Gerhart one as well. 3 jerseys for one player? Come on man get a life, there are other things grown men should spend their money on.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I couldn't bring myself to wear a jersey with another man's name on it, I don't care who the player is.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
This guy's a grown man? The way he drones on and on about how affletic Slowshon is, and his obvious disdain for white players, he shounds like he's about 12. I'm betting his first favwet Bronco is Brian Dawkins, who probably makes this guy wet himself with glee and high pitched screaming every time Dawkins makes a routine play.

TwentyTwo

Master
Same here Colonel Reb...nobody's name but my own...

First this week it's the possibility of Matt Jonesmoving to TE...and now Peyton Hillis?? It's time for Hillis to leave the Mile High City...the dude writing the article is a moron! That's a mile high of cow dung!Edited by: TwentyTwo

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I have quite a few jerseys. I have a Steve Nash jersey, Jeremy Shockey, Wayne Chrebet(favorite all time NFL player), Tom Gugliotta(still holding on to it from 1998), and a Favre jersey.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Knowshon Moreno. I am probably the biggest Moreno fan in Denver. I bought 3 of his rookie on field jerseys. One for the wall and 2 to wear. One for the stadium and one for Saturdays. ( I sold one after a friend learned yes he is a bad man) Yep already."

Ahh, "white" "men" have evolved into something truely beautiful, no?

Westside

Hall of Famer
Regarding that poor excuse for man, the emasculated Denver DWF. I have some suggestion on how to best use three Slowshon's jeresys this loser purchased. 1st. Use 1st one as a rag to wash my car. 2nd one, tear it into pieces give it to negro prisnors and advise them to use it as toliet paper. 3rd, advise the Denver DWF to use the last one as a noose to hang himself, because clearly with him removed from this world would benefit everyone.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I could understand owning a few jerseys of proven GREAT White players, one for each. 3 is ridiculous, espescially when Moreno isn't even good (aren't jerseys like 80 to 100 dollars?) I have a Shockey jersey, my dad bought it for me because he is a big Saints fan and wanted me to have a Saints shirt. He knew I would hate an affletes jersey, so it was either that or Brees/Fujita (the only ones that they sell around here besides Bush/Vilma/Sharper/Harper, well they have every afflete but are missing guys like Shanle and Stinchcomb). I don't wear it but its nice gift to have and Shockey is a proven pro bowl player, his combination of speed/receiving/blocking is rare for tight ends in the league. The ironic part is one of the reasons he came to New Orleans is because he was being used to block too much in NY, and last year he wound up blocking in most games because the Sumo LT couldn't protect Brees to save his life.

This guy bought 3 jerseys of the SAME player, not even a good or poven player (and the guy has had plenty of chances to prove he is good, more chances that any White player would ever get), just an overhyped college prospect and he has one jersey HANGING ON HIS WALL (if you're going to hang a jersey on your wall it should at least be a hall of fame type player from back in the day). This is a ROOKIE player that averaged 3.8 ypc, didn't crack 1,000 yards and was stuffed on every big play last season and couldn't find the endzone to save his life.

It is very sad that there are people like this. This guy should be embarrased of himself, but he is PROUD of it. Westside had some good suggestions of what he should do with the jerseys haha. He said Moreno was his SECOND favorite player, so how the question is , how many jerseys does he own of his favorite? Six? This guy probably has a grand of NFL merchandise because he probably has 1 or 2 for his 3rd favorite player. He says he wears it to the stadium so he probably has season tickets which I have no clue how much they go for. So he probably has at least a few grand invested in the NFL, (tickets, merchandise, the guy has to spend a fortune on alcohol if he thinks Moreno is Barry Sanders like)... ridiculous. I can't think of any other place to wear a jersey regularly to except a game but he has one for Saturday? It wouldn't make sense to wear it to a CU or CSU game.Edited by: dwid

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Great points about the DWF and his expensive paraphernalia fetish, dwid. Alas, that is the reason we call them "Drunk White Fans." He is drunk on worshiping blackletes, no matter the cost. He's a frequent partaker of wine at the weekly masses of America's secular religion.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
What a candy@$$, weak-minded, racially castrated DWF this "Ben-Dover Richardscum" punk is!
smiley8.gif
YOshown Moreno wasn't always consistent at UGA & showed (this year) he doesn't have what it takes to be a top flight NFL RB. Ol' Ben "Dover" probably has a few YOshown blow-up dolls too!
smiley11.gif

Riddlewire

Master
Moreno will be great. He is my 2nd favorite Broncos right now. I say 2nd just because he needs production still. However I follow this kid. He needs to be let loose. The power scheme change will show Moreno is in fact an Elite back in the NFL

Someone should tell that guy that Georgia's running game improved by 13 yards per game last year, after ditching "Elite Back" Moreno.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Eminem is still spewing his happy talk bs:

<DIV id=Tixyy style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; OVERFLOW: ; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; : transparent; TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-DECORATION: none">Following his press conference, McDaniels talked to a few reporters on the side and was asked if he still had plans for running back Peyton Hillis, who has a cult-like following among some Broncos fans.

"Yeah, we do," McDaniels said. "There's a few players that the productivity they had the year before, they didn't match it again last year. We're not happy about that either. Eddie Royal is in the same boat. We want those players to continue to work and get better at what they do. And then we need to try to find a way to integrate them in. Because they are skillful players and we need to try and meet in the middle on that and create a role and find some things we can do more often."
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14484178

TwentyTwo

Master
"Didn't match the productivity from the year before"....What?? How could he when he did not get the chance or the same opportunity?? Is Hillis really going to endure another year with Eminem...

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
McEminem is a supreme @$$clown. Like 22 stated, McM&M is solely responsible (with possible input from Mike McCoy &/or Eric Studesville) for Hillis lack of "productivity" by the fact his pro-caste @$$ reeled in Peyton's reps!
smiley8.gif
smiley42.gif

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Eminem can really spew it. Clown truly is a good description.

larry1b.jpg

Angelcynn

Guru
I've been away from this site for 2 years, and the Peyton Hillis story is definatly NO1 on my list when I try to explain to my mates the discrimination that dominates the NFL. Hillis just simply can't stay at the Broncos! Come on Shanahan, get your checkbook out and give the Chiefs a dominating power back that will 'WIN' you games.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Could be a good change of scenery for both, can't be any worse. Maybe Hillis will be part of a RBBC with Harrison as the scatback and Hillis playing the Jamal Lewis role (at least we can dream). Quinn may very well replace Orton as the starter this season or next:

Quinn sent to Broncos for Hillis, picks

The Denver Broncos have acquired quarterback Brady Quinn from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for fullback Peyton Hillis, a sixth-round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2012.

The Browns agreed to terms on a two-year deal with quarterback Jake Delhomme on Saturday. Delhomme was released by the Carolina Panthers last week.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter first reported the deal, and a source told Schefter that Delhomme is scheduled to make $7 million this season, including just under $900,000 in base salary. With $12.7 million from Carolina, Delhomme will make $19.7 million in 2010.

Quinn opened last season as Cleveland's starter, was benched after 10 quarters, then got his job back. He went 2-7 in nine starts.

Quinn missed Cleveland's final two games after hurting his left foot in a Dec. 20 win over Kansas City. He finished 136 of 256 (53 percent) for 1,339 yards with eight touchdowns and seven interceptions.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4995081

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I don't know how I feel about this. I am glad Quinn escaped Cleveland but McDaniels was not much better. Hillis might become a typical west coast FB being used as a reciever but not a featured running back. time will tell

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Browns also have RB James Davis, who looked pretty good in the preseason but ended up on IR for his rookie season.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I don't know how the Cleveland situation will work out for Hillis. Mike Furrey is getting screwed and should be a starter so we'll have to see if he gets an opportunity to run the ball.

JReb1

Mentor
Quinn will be a star QB, I have no doubt about that. Hopefully Hillis will be given a fair chance to run the ball even if it's in an Alstott type of scenario. It can't get any worse than last year for Hillis, that's for sure. Good luck to both of these tremendous athletes!