NFL Week 5

From the sound of it Griffin tried to pull some running heroics and might have a concussion.

Did this just happen? I am surprised it is not front page news on NFL.com

Spoke to soon. Big banner across the NFL.com website. "Robert Griffen taken to locker room"

davidholly

Mentor
Did this just happen? I am surprised it is not front page news on NFL.com

Happened shortly before I posted that. Not sure what happened, either he was hit by an uncalled helmet to helmet or he was pushed really hard out of bounds.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm watching Game Mix a lot, which shows all 6 ongoing games at once, and I've seen the hit on Griffin at least 25 times so far. It'll be a nation in mourning if the supa-afflete is out for any length of time.

Oh, and Vick is stinking again big time. . . another tough day for the world's greatest athletes playing QB.

davidholly

Mentor
I'm watching Game Mix a lot, which shows all 6 ongoing games at once, and I've seen the hit on Griffin at least 25 times so far. It'll be a nation in mourning if the supa-afflete is out for any length of time.

Oh, and Vick is stinking again big time. . . another tough day for the world's greatest athletes playing QB.

So how badly are the Falcons receivers doing? I can't watch a stream right now but I hear they're playing really poorly.

davidholly

Mentor
Cousins just threw a 77 yard touchdown pass and in one pass has better numbers than RG3's whole performance today.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kirk Cousins just threw a long TD pass to Santana Moss

davidholly

Mentor
So the Falcons have a good (meaning not **** by today's NFL standards) secondary, and cousins is gonna have to be careful because if he's intercepted the DWFs will dismiss him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Aaron Rodgers once again this week doing a good job of ignoring Jordy Nelson.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Packers have really looked lethargic, especially in the second half. Rodgers doesn't seem like the same quarterback.

The Packers have really looked lethargic, especially in the second half. Rodgers doesn't seem like the same quarterback.
He is not playing anywhere near the level he was last year. The Pack was almost unbeatable last year. Shows what an elite quarterback can do for a team. At this point I hope Andrew Luck leads Indy to a victory today.

davidholly

Mentor
So just as expected DWFs are trying to dismiss Cousins for throwing an interception against one of the best secondaries in the league. RG3 would have thrown those picks just as well if forced into that situation.

backrow

Hall of Famer
is ****in Jones a designated TD catcher in Green Bay? damn, Rodgers.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tannehill seems to be improving every week. This makes me happy.

Also nice to see Griffin get knocked out of the game and the Redskins lose. Glad Cousins got some playing time and showed some promise.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tannehill seems to be improving every week. This makes me happy.

Also nice to see Griffin get knocked out of the game and the Redskins lose. Glad Cousins got some playing time and showed some promise.

Tannehill and Luck look like surefire stars. Weeden is playing well too considering what he has to work with.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tannehill and Luck look like surefire stars. Weeden is playing well too considering what he has to work with.

Yea the only thing about Weeden is his age. I really do not think he will get a fair shake. The Browns new owner was a part owner of the Steelers so I am sure he will be pushing for Geno Smiff to be the first overall pick next year.

Kaptain

Master
Well the Packers deserved to lose again. Only 5 targets for Jordy Nelson. That's especially terrible considering that Jennings was out and Finely was out much of the game. They clearly are doing no game planning involving getting their best receiver the ball - something every team does.

Kaptain

Master
And Vikings continue to play their star concussion prone wide receiver at RB instead of Toby.

dwid

Hall of Famer
how is the Packer's line doing? I saw the Seahawk game and Rodgers wasn't exactly ignoring Nelson, he just never had enough time for a play to develop dowfield, after being sacked so many times he would go straight to someone underneath, and Jordy just isn't an underneath guy, he can do it well but doesn't excel at it. I have read that this is what many teams are trying to do to limit passing teams, try to get pressure with the front 4, play a good deal deep and force teams to dink and dunk, they will be able to move the ball down the field but much harder and time consuming. More a chance to limit big plays so these teams aren't up by 3 tds in the first quarter forcing the other team to play catch up the entire game.

Rodgers is going to throw to the guy with single coverage, or found a soft spot in zone. I am positive that he would come down with the ball with constant double teams but thats not how he is going to play most of the time, different from the situation where guys like Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall are force fed the ball no matter what the circumstance. I guess they still don't realize he is on an elite level.

Jordy is on pace for a little over 900 yards receiving, I am sure he will have a big game to knock it up to 1k

Last edited:

davidholly

Mentor
So RG3 was hit so hard he didn't even know what quarter the game was in, and yet the Redskins and NFL are trying to claim he only has a minor concussion.:lie: