NFL Week 5

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Chris Long reminds me of Richard Seymore. He doesn't accumulate alot of stats but is so effective, he's also been double teamed the entire game.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I was looking around this evening between 7-8 for an NFL show to watch for previews of this weekend's games. ESPN had on its "Audibles" program with the four blacks, so I went to ESPN2 to see what was going on there. It was supposed to be "Baseball Tonight" and actually the four talking heads were discussing baseball. But they're all black. So eight "jobs" on the main ESPN channels for the hour and every guy on the air was black.

So I needed to stop by CF and at least read some real sports news and honest commentary.

I hate ESPN.

davidholly

Mentor
So I heard Amendola didn't break his collar bone and will play again this season.

Last edited:

backrow

Hall of Famer
Chris Long reminds me of Richard Seymore. He doesn't accumulate alot of stats but is so effective, he's also been double teamed the entire game.

he did have 13 sacks last season, that's quite a lot...

seattlefan

Guru
faCMx.jpg

L

Lew

Is it just me or does "RG3" have more commercials than any other player in the history of the NFL?!

This was true last summer before he had taken a single snap in the NFL. Thank God I don't have cable anymore.

Tackles, Sacks, and Receiving!!! That should not be possible! The athletic athleticism of the athletic athletes should prevent that from EVER happening. When you factor in the limited chances white players get, this is bordering on absurd. Mel Kiper, Jr. should be required to explain this at length. I mean required talking for a few hours. I want to hear about how "high motors" and such are better than "hip swivel" and "jiggle" and so forth. According to what the caste idiots tell us and show us, this cannot happen.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That leader graphic reminds me of Topps football cards in the '70s when there would be a team leader card for each franchise for passing, running, receptions and interceptions, with a stamp sized picture of each of the four leaders. In the '70s the pictures were split pretty evenly between black and white players, but during the '80s Whitey suddenly became extinct except in the passing category. Now, in spite of the best efforts of the Caste System, he's been popping back up again in several verboten categories the past few seasons. It's nice to see.

Riddlewire

Master
It appears Hillis is still hurt.
Or Draughn has replaced him.
In any case, I don't see any reason to watch Baltimore-KC.

Riddlewire

Master
Vick tackles himself without being touched and fumbles the ball in the process.
Beautiful.

Add: And then he does it again. Into the endzone.

Last edited:

TBProdigy

Guru
Green bays white Running Back John Kuhn runs through a black player into end zone for TD!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ryan Kerrigan intercepts a pass and returns it 28 yards for a TD

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Troy Polamalu finally returns from injury and promptly waddles off the field with yet another injury.

davidholly

Mentor
Ryan Kerrigan intercepts a pass and returns it 28 yards for a TD

Happy for him but Matt Ryan looks like he might have a terrible day. Let's hope he can come back in the second half and work some magic.

Pie

Guru
The Eagles/Steelers game managed to be terrible enough for me to switch to my only other option, Browns/Giants.

Just had to listen to the announcers nearly(the jury is still out) wet themselves in excitement over the amazing athleticism displayed by Domenik Hixon as he elevated a full 12-14" and extended his arms casually above his head to catch the apparently astronomically overthrown ball from Eli.

Then I get to hear them sing the praises of the Giants RB who is apparently running like a man on a mission after a play where one Browns afflete missed the hit on the RB so bad he literally laid out the other afflete who was at least attempting to drag the runner down and allowed him to pick up an additional 5-6 yards.

And just as I type this, the freakishly talented Trent Richardson not only drops the perfect swing pass, but then fearing that it may have actually been a fumble he tries unsuccessfully to pick it up 3 or 4 times before finally getting it into his multimillion dollar hands.

backrow

Hall of Famer
damn, Nelson can't catch a break. long possible gain interfered with, then another catch wiped by a silly penalty, then Cobb gets a TD. everyone but Jordy seems to be getting touchdowns for Packers. he does the work, they get the glory

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, Rodgers has missed Nelson at least twice on what would have been long gainers. . .

Westside

Hall of Famer
Catching part of the Packers game. Finley fumbles then drops another ball. No surprise here. But surprisingly the broadcasters call him out on it. "Finley has the most drops of any active reciever. He has dropped 17 balls in 20 games". But then makes it a push, by saying, he is so affeletically gifted. So I guess at the current rate he remains on the team for at least 3 more years. :frusty:

No designed running plays so far for RGIII. He has had the chance to take of and run during some passing plays, but is staying in the pocket. The big "wallops" he took in the first four games has the redskins re-thinking their game plan.

davidholly

Mentor
From the sound of it Griffin tried to pull some running heroics and might have a concussion.