NCAA Tournament

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Your right about that too speedster. it really takes away from the games when they do that. It adds nothing but a restroom break.

Kaptain

Master
Augustine, the big ten tournament mvp, fouls out in the fourth quarter after playing only nine minutes due to foul trouble. Apparently every foul called on him was questionable touch fouls. Ingram also sat some time on the bench with fouls. When will white guys be allowed to play defense? In a close contest the outcome was tainted once again.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Kaptain, I didn't see the game but from your description the ref's followed the Caste System's guidelines to a tee.This stuff just happens too often... gotta be a textbook somewhere don't you thiink? Well, maybe not but it sure makes me wonder sometimes.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I know you're saying that tongue-in-cheek Bart, but I think it comes down to Americans' very strong sense of conforming to what is perceived as norms of behavior and beliefs that accounts for the unthinking acceptance of caste system. The biggest fear of most Americans isbeing thought of as"out of step." Our legacy of "rugged individualism" is greatly exaggerated, though it does still exist to some extent in this vast land. But now it's more like "stubborn individualism" or "self-destructive individualism," the failure to recognize reality and organize in opposition to it.

Sports has always had a strong "follow the leader" streak, and society does too, especially since 9/11/01.

Mr. Lutefisk

Good point Don! Being "out of step" is a big fear for most of America. That is why even the rugged rebel biker dudes, the Poster-boys" of the free spirit individual. ALL LOOK THE SAME. Shaved head, gotee, tatoos, earrings,black t-shirt,sunglasses, bandana and black leather vest. Sound familar. America cares more about looks and fitting in than ever before. I have a big problem with the way people think these days.I think the white people are most disturbing, self destructive with low self esteem and always willing to believe what they are told to believe.

foreverfree

Mentor
speedster said:
You know somethings a big deal in sports when the network that's carrying the event hauls out their sideline reporters who are mostly female and add nothing to the broadcast except their looks,and in the case of Bonnie Bernstein,she doesn't even have that.

Or Pam Oliver. Or Jeanne Zelasko. Or Suzy Kolber.

John