Jacob Hester named LSU starting RB

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
they also had a big graphic comparing Hester's 4.5 speed to McFadden's 4.3 speed...

the difference? only 1.8 yards over the length of the field. THAT my friends, is an impressive point of information.

at 4.5 he is just as fast or faster than 70% or more of runningbacks in the NFL. and they call him a fullback...

what would be a good NFL team for Jacob?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
there is currently only one team in the NFL that appears to be unafraid to use white running backs... the Patriots.

furthermore, Hester's versatility, toughness, and intelligence would seem to make him a perfect fit.

whiteCB

Master
backrow said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:
they also had a big graphic comparing Hester's 4.5 speed to McFadden's 4.3 speed...

the difference? only 1.8 yards over the length of the field. THAT my friends, is an impressive point of information.

at 4.5 he is just as fast or faster than 70% or more of runningbacks in the NFL. and they call him a fullback...

what would be a good NFL team for Jacob?

I think the Browns would be a great fit for Hester. They have a solid o-line that just loves to grind it out and Jamal Lewis's contrct runs out at the end of the year. I'm going to start telling everyone how Hester would be a steal for the Browns in the 3rd RD. Hester would be a perfect player in Cleveland during the cold harsh winters up there, when all you can do is grind it out because its snowing like mad.

Note: Hester is clearly better than a 3rd RD pick but he's a white RB so that automatically drops him down on NFL teams' draft boards.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I completely concur Backrow; 4.5 speed is around faster than 60-70% of the RBs in the NFL and even faster than more than half the starters! The announcer didn't mention that fact; he said "the difference between 4.5 speed and 4.3 is about 15 million dollars". That is a BS statement. Lots of first round RBs have 4.5 speed. Hester was fast enough to rip a 82 yard run last week against Louisiana Tech, I think he's certainly fast enough. He's not as much of a home run threat as McFadden, but no one in the college game is right now! Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

psychosid

jacob hester reminds me a bit of rudi johnson of the bengals, and he seems to be pretty good

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jacob had 67 rushing yards in the first half vs Tenn, needs 37 for 1K. great feat considering that especially early in the season he would only get half or less of LSU carries.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Strange that Jacob won the SEC "Throwback Award." Must be a one year deal where you acknowledge the athletes prowess, but can't put it on the same level as the blacks, so you call it throwback and manage to disrespect him to boot. I hate the SEC!

backrow

Hall of Famer
i kinda like it Col. i mean throwback: as in akin to legendary players like Csonka, Jim Brown even Riggins. i'll take it. any recognition he gets can only help him get drafted higher and get a better shot in NFL.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I understand what you mean back, and agree to a point, but I still see it as a slap in the face. Danielson said something like "he plays football the way it has been played in the SEC for 75 years" and then Lundquist said something like "when they wore leather helmets." I'm recording it, so I'll go back and listen to it again later.

Gi-15 said:
Jacob has his 1,000 yards! Congratulation!
smiley32.gif

Yes! Congrats to Hester for breaking 1K on the last rush of the game! The announcer said something like "it couldn't have happened to a better guy."
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Electric Slide

backrow

Hall of Famer
Gi-15 said:
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
he has over 1,000 yards and 12 TDs this season, playing for one of the most nationally recognized teams of the season. i'm very happy for him, and i'm looking forward to seeing him on Sundays! Maybe for Saints, who, if McAllister can't pick up the load need someone to actually run and not only dance around in the backfield.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
My hat is off to my favorite player to watch this year, Jacob Hester! 1,017 yards on the season!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb said:
Yeah, I understand what you mean back, and agree to a point, but I still see it as a slap in the face. Danielson said something like "he plays football the way it has been played in the SEC for 75 years" and then Lundquist said something like "when they wore leather helmets." I'm recording it, so I'll go back and listen to it again later.

I too, heard Lundquist say that about the leather helmets. Erik Ainge, QB for my Tennessee Vols, showed his knack for throwing interceptions in key situations.

White Power

Mentor
Here here Jacob Hester you made us all proud of your accomplishments, and you did it with the media doubting your ability to play at every oppurtunity. He will get a shot to play running back at the next level. LSU in the eyes of the caste whores is no Rutgers not saying that Rutgers ist'nt a good program. It's not perceived to be in the leauge of the SEC, and this is what Hester has going for him at the next level. He got his 1017 yards against the semi- pro SEC leauge not bad at all Jacob. You were truly fun to watch this year, and maybe in your own special way you helped pave the way for more white running backs in the future.

backrow

Hall of Famer
small cracks, gentlemen, small cracks. Leonard, now Hester, Hillis. others like McGuffie are just waiting for their turn.

Gi-15

Mentor
backrow said:
Gi-15 said:
smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif
he has over 1,000 yards and 12 TDs this season, playing for one of the most nationally recognized teams of the season. i'm very happy for him, and i'm looking forward to seeing him on Sundays! Maybe for Saints, who, if McAllister can't pick up the load need someone to actually run and not only dance around in the backfield.

Thats would be just perfect. He is a great Inside runner and being from louisana he would be a fan favorite. Also no risk of being moved to FB, they already have a top5 FB in Mike Karney

Stonewall

Guru
Remember, the Saints did have white tailback Gil Fenerty (a local guy from Louisiana) play running back for them back in the early 1990s.

jared

Mentor
Well technically it was Chad Hall and Luke Lippincott who did it a couple weeks ago.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
In 2005 there was Kyle Bell (19th) with 1,288; in 2006 the top white rusher was Adam Ballard with 792. This year, as of right now, Chad Hall (14th) has 1,415, Luke Lippincott (17th) has 1,380, and Jacob Hester (50th) has 1,017. QB Jake Locker almost made it with 986, too bad he won't get to go over 1,000 in a bowl game.

nhl411

Guru
don't forget dan lefevour or however its spelled, the QB for central michigan. second QB to have 3000 passing and 1000 rushing in the same year along with vince young...we'll see if he ever gets VY's hype
smiley5.gif