Football is here again! Preseason thread!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
What team was he on? At this point its expected for our guys to be treated like ****. I just give kudos to our athletes for the way they keep persevering,when the chances for them to stick around are slim to none..

Good point. They do deserve a lot of credit.

Fortitud3

Guru
Eagles get a TD off a kick return and they praised the white tight ends that made the blocks making it possible...

Fortitud3

Guru
Barkley keeps putting the ball into these WRs hands and they keep dropping them, even the commentators know its the receivers fault.

And now a receiver runs blindly up the field and gets undercut for the interception.

Fortitud3

Guru
Lynch playing well at RB, commentators acting like hes a make a wish kid they are letting play in a preseason game.

Y T Jones

Guru
Blake Bortles 7/11 117 yards 99.4 QBrat

[video=youtube;gabCBhpw5EI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gabCBhpw5EI[/video]

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Chase Reynolds - Rams

virtually unknown coming out of Montana, Chase Reynolds has carved out a (racially appropriate) niche as a special teams demon. despite being a record-setting collegiate tailback and flashing impressive performances in the past two preseasons, Reynolds has never been given a legitimate shot at earning time in the backfield.

still, he is doing all he can in his limited opportunities. in the Rams' preseason opener, he ran for 46 yards on 6 carries (7.7 average), including a 38-yard burst on a fake punt. he also caught a pass for 10 yards, converting a long third down.

[video=youtube;HKRF_82iDk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKRF_82iDk8[/video]

just imagine what he could do if he had affleticism, hip wiggle, and a room-brightening smile …

this cat embodies the struggles of White athletes under the Caste System. he's a guy i can totally pull for.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
virtually unknown coming out of Montana, Chase Reynolds has carved out a (racially appropriate) niche as a special teams demon. despite being a record-setting collegiate tailback and flashing impressive performances in the past two preseasons, Reynolds has never been given a legitimate shot at earning time in the backfield.

still, he is doing all he can in his limited opportunities. in the Rams' preseason opener, he ran for 46 yards on 6 carries (7.7 average), including a 38-yard burst on a fake punt. he also caught a pass for 10 yards, converting a long third down.

[video=youtube;HKRF_82iDk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKRF_82iDk8[/video]

just imagine what he could do if he had affleticism, hip wiggle, and a room-brightening smile …

this cat embodies the struggles of White athletes under the Caste System. he's a guy i can totally pull for.

That play could easily have not gone for a first down. Reynolds made it work by his cutback and elusiveness, yet neither Andrew Siciliano (Mr. Dramatic Delivery) nor Marshall Faulk mentioned how well Reynolds ran. HOF RB Faulk could only repeat "nice call." Now, if some backup black QB had, say, made a very nice throw, both of them would have been doing verbal somersaults in the booth praising him.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Reynolds, Burkhead and Lynch both got some quality playing time and carries. Bridgewater played poorly, he will probably get the Geno Smiff/EJ Manuel treatment where the media just ignores how bad they are and will label them as potential breakout players for the next few seasons.

I do hope Line makes the Vikings and gets some carries, if I recall he played well last year in preseason prior to getting injured.

I came away impressed with Jimmy Garrappolo when I watched him on Thursday night. His release is ridiculously quick and his accuracy and touch on passes was quite impressive. Hopefully Johnny Football is able to have a strong performance like Jimmy G. and Bortles :rockon: tonight.

It looks like Sunseri and Zimmerman both got some playing time for the Saints and Cody Davis was productive for the Rams.

Fortitud3

Guru
Roethlisberger throws a easy TD to Lance Moore and Moores not even watching the ball and makes a move away from where the ball is going.

Fortitud3

Guru
Lions fumble ball on return, referees rule him down. Video show it was indeed a fumble, but because they made a bad call on the field and the video didn't show who recovered it, the Lions keep the ball.

Also interesting timing considering Johnny Manziel would of gotten the ball in the redzone.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Saw Johnny Football's debut in person and he played well, not great but good . A couple of breaks and he might have had a big game.

One thing that I noticed amongst his considerable fans was how many younger white guys (20 somethings) were big Manziel supporters, even at a road game. After I thought about it I realized that this is THEIR guy. Johnny Football is the idealized hero to them.

I kinda see Manziel as a bit of a whigger, but then I see every white kid around that age as a little bit of a whigger. To me they do stuff that seems "black", most have black mannerisms of a kind that would have gotten their ass kicked in my day. However this is 2014 and these guys are growing up in a different world.

Manziel is seen as cool to them, he's brash, parties, likes the ladies, is successful, and unlike nearly every other white sports star, gets some love from the media.

What other football guy could fit that mold? Aging pretty boy Tom Brady? Old guy Peyton Manning, super religious Tim Tebow or any of the other straight laced boy scouts that play QB?

Manziel has tapped into a open void in pro sports, especially football, the lack of a young white role model that fits the lifestyle and thinking of a generation of kids that have been the major victims in the raging culture war against white people and culture. I wish him well.

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for the Chase Reynolds video(can't hear it for some reason?)...those were some nice cuts & Ty Zimmerman made the tackle! Shame on Marshall Faulk & Sillyano for not giving him his props on that nice run! :frusty:

DE-Chris Long had an INT

Upside

Mentor
DAMN!! Safety Steve Gregory retires from football...

Kind of odd; a solid starter, and he still had a good 3-4 years left in the tank. Pretty much got snubbed in free agency, stuck it out, finally was signed by the Chiefs, where it looked like he could have easily taken the starting job next to Eric Berry, then suddenly retires... I don't get it...

Fortitud3

Guru
DAMN!! Safety Steve Gregory retires from football...

Kind of odd; a solid starter, and he still had a good 3-4 years left in the tank. Pretty much got snubbed in free agency, stuck it out, finally was signed by the Chiefs, where it looked like he could have easily taken the starting job next to Eric Berry, then suddenly retires... I don't get it...

At some point the desire to play is less than the desire to not get a concussion.

Upside

Mentor
Reynolds, Burkhead and Lynch both got some quality playing time and carries. Bridgewater played poorly, he will probably get the Geno Smiff/EJ Manuel treatment where the media just ignores how bad they are and will label them as potential breakout players for the next few seasons.

I do hope Line makes the Vikings and gets some carries, if I recall he played well last year in preseason prior to getting injured.

I came away impressed with Jimmy Garrappolo when I watched him on Thursday night. His release is ridiculously quick and his accuracy and touch on passes was quite impressive. Hopefully Johnny Football is able to have a strong performance like Jimmy G. and Bortles :rockon: tonight.

It looks like Sunseri and Zimmerman both got some playing time for the Saints and Cody Davis was productive for the Rams.

NFL.com has been hyping Bridgewater with a story damn near every day for the last month, and as expected he laid an egg. I'm Happy.

I dont think Line got a single carry Friday night; I could see him getting cut. Reynolds may make the Rams, but won't be allowed to touch the ball reguardless of what he does in the preseason; same goes for Burkhead.

Zimmerman looked pretty good Friday, but almost certainly won't make the Saints roster, but Im pretty sure will get picked up by some other team. Sunseri will make the roster, but will be burried on the depth chart.

Cody Davis did have a couple missed tackles, but played a good amount of snaps, he could challenge for one of the starting spots.

Also, did anyone catch the Houston game?? Was wondering a few things about the defense:
-Did Brooks Reed start?
-Did Jared Crick start?
-Who started at ILB next to Cushing?

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Travis Kelce outruns safeties for 69-yard TD

kelce.0.0.gif

I was watching Total Access on the NFL Network earlier tonight and they had a segment showing the top ten plays from the first week of pre-season games.

Of course I was interested to see if Kelce's blazing TD would be the number one play, figuring it would probably be more in the middle knowing the NFL Network.

As a bunch of mundane plays were shown, counting down toward the top three, I thought it might actually be the number one play. But no, it wasn't found worthy of being anywhere in the top ten plays.

Now, if it had been a 6' 5" 260 pound black tight end outrunning four much smaller White defensive backs the length of the field. . . just remember, there's no agenda at work.

woody39

Mentor
Saw Johnny Football's debut in person and he played well, not great but good . A couple of breaks and he might have had a big game.

One thing that I noticed amongst his considerable fans was how many younger white guys (20 somethings) were big Manziel supporters, even at a road game. After I thought about it I realized that this is THEIR guy. Johnny Football is the idealized hero to them.

I kinda see Manziel as a bit of a whigger, but then I see every white kid around that age as a little bit of a whigger. To me they do stuff that seems "black", most have black mannerisms of a kind that would have gotten their ass kicked in my day. However this is 2014 and these guys are growing up in a different world.

Manziel is seen as cool to them, he's brash, parties, likes the ladies, is successful, and unlike nearly every other white sports star, gets some love from the media.

What other football guy could fit that mold? Aging pretty boy Tom Brady? Old guy Peyton Manning, super religious Tim Tebow or any of the other straight laced boy scouts that play QB?

Manziel has tapped into a open void in pro sports, especially football, the lack of a young white role model that fits the lifestyle and thinking of a generation of kids that have been the major victims in the raging culture war against white people and culture. I wish him well.

I have to say i dont pretend to know as much about American culture being English but having a white role model like him can only be a good thing.

I think he is crucial to the success of white NFL players in the future, he could become the face of the NFL along with Andrew Luck and JJ Watt for years to come. His success could help pave the way for many white dual threat quarterbacks to succeed both in college and NFL level. I hope he beats out Hoyer, Hoyer is a solid player but Manziel's success is crucial for white players at the QB position. He's got a great left tackle in Joe Thomas to block for him nd an all pro in the making in tight end jordan cameron fingers crossed for him and in Jaxvid's words wish him well!

TwentyTwo

Master
Gerhart with the 9 yard catch & 17 yard run on back-to-back plays!

Well said woody39...

True Don...no way Kelce's TD should not have been a Top 10 play...missed the plays they did choose.

Riggins44

Master
Gerhart with the 9 yard catch & 17 yard run on back-to-back plays!

Well said woody39...

True Don...no way Kelce's TD should not have been a Top 10 play...missed the plays they did choose.

Toby got 4 carries in the first 2 series and that was it. He looked pretty good with those two plays you mentioned Twenty Two. Hopefully he'll get a few carries in the secon half.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yes indeed Riggins44! The Jaguars need to continue improving the passing game to take pressure off Toby.

WHERE are Safeties Chris Conte & Craig Steltz?? The starters tonight were no-names DannyMcCray & Ryan Munday? Even the DWF's will bash them eventually!

Good question Leonardfan...guess no white DB's allowed tonight...the RB's Gerhart & Lynch put a cap limit on that!

Looking forward seeing Jordan Lynch running the ball later on!

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
Prosinski made a nice open field tackle on the RB Kadeem Carey! Even Gruden said that....

Hopefully Lynch gets in on the next series?