Football is here again! Preseason thread!

Riggins44

Master
Some good performances by our guys tonight:

Janis with the aforementioned 33 yard TD catch
Dane Sanzenbacher with a 77 yard punt return TD!
Peyton Hillis with a 1 yard TD run, 40 yards on 11 carries
Adam Thielen 3 yd TD catch
Chris Borland 34 yard TD INT return
Kyle Nelson 5 yard TD catch
Luke Wilson 25 yard TD catch
Ryan Hewitt 1 yard TD catch
Matt Barkley 7 yard TD run
Jeff Maehl 4 catches for 84 yards

Gabe Miller of the Redskins made a sack, forced a fumble and recovered the fumble, all on the same play. The Redskins announcers were saying that he should have assured himself of a roster spot with that one play.

Can someone post a .gif of the Janis TD? I can't find it anywhere.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Manziel's passing stats look weak on the surface but TE Gary Barnidge had a terrible drop on what would have been a 30+ yard play, and on one of Manziel's long throws it looked like the rookie receiver ran the wrong route but of course Johnny was blamed for a bad throw. I watched while Manziel was in there and while he's still clearly a work in progress he made some very nice plays and overall looked good, especially running the ball.

Derek Carr was tremendous while he played against Seattle's number one defense, with three TD passes and four scores overall for Oakland. Carr, Bortles and Manziel all look good, but like all rookie QBs will take some time to develop.

Matt Barkley put up some very nice stats, and nice to see Hillis score and rush for 40 yards. If he can just hang on as the number two or three RB to start the season, I can see the Hillis Curse working in his favor at some point during 2014.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Manziel's passing stats look weak on the surface but TE Gary Barnidge had a terrible drop on what would have been a 30+ yard play, and on one of Manziel's long throws it looked like the rookie receiver ran the wrong route but of course Johnny was blamed for a bad throw. I watched while Manziel was in there and while he's still clearly a work in progress he made some very nice plays and overall looked good, especially running the ball.

Derek Carr was tremendous while he played against Seattle's number one defense, with three TD passes and four scores overall for Oakland. Carr, Bortles and Manziel all look good, but like all rookie QBs will take some time to develop.

Matt Barkley put up some very nice stats, and nice to see Hillis score and rush for 40 yards. If he can just hang on as the number two or three RB to start the season, I can see the Hillis Curse working in his favor at some point during 2014.
Hey Don, did not see Hillis play. ?, does he look like the 2010 form or close to it?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Barkley had a great preseason. All of those media types wrote him off after he fell down draft boards because he is white. Both him and nassib are better than geno smiff or ejmanuel. I have a feeling the wheels are going to be falling off the wagon in buffalo fairly soon. Should be fun to watch.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
HospitableElementaryAquaticleech.gif

Sanzenbacher TD

AngelicForsakenChimneyswift.gif

Bortles' effortless long touchdown flick

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Margus Hunt with 3 sacks last night against the Colts.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Jeremy Ebert had a couple of really nice grabs in a scoring drive for the Falcons last night.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Much of the Internet scouting intelligentsia prior to the draft said Bortles had a weak arm :dodgy:

The anti-whites always have something to say about white players. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, all that matters is that it's negative.

They lied about Tim Tebow and said he had a "noodle arm" and they lied about Matt Barkley and said he had small hands. These are just two examples of the anti-whites lying about white players.

The anti-whites lie constantly about white people and they lie about white players.