Drew Bennett 41st best receiver in NFL

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
And which team would that be?
smiley36.gif

Kaptain

Master
Don, It's not the caste football one like you think as I do not have Bennett - the colonel does. It's a typical jocksniffer league. I just picked up Heath Evans and Mike Alstott and have a chance to start the first all-white FF team of that league.
smiley17.gif
I don't think I will start Alstott though - I don't trust Gruden.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I hadn't thought of that, but it's now possible to field an excellent all-white fantasy team if Evans keeps playing and Alstott at least gets goal line chances.

Here's the latest update on Bennett:

Bennett, who has missed the last three games, had the two pins removed from his dislocated left thumb last Friday. He practiced this week with a brace on and was more effective than the team expected catching the ball fluidly and didn't experience too much pain.

"Drew feels pretty good; he is going to warm-up (before the game)," said head coach Jeff Fisher Friday. "It is the use of the hand, period, and also the use of the thumb. He is not going to be pain free, but he has done well enough on the field this week to show us he has got a chance to play."

If he is comfortable in pre-game warm-ups, he'll likely start opposite rookie WR Brandon Jones, who isn't on the injury report but practiced fully this week after missing the team's last three games before the bye with a sprained knee.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bennett's talent has been completely wasted this year. Steve McNair has become almost a joke as a quarterback. The Titans "offense" consists mostly of very short passes to the tight ends and running backs with no downfield passing game. Today McNair completely ignored Bennett, throwing instead to the immortal Tyrone "Hands of Stone" Calico, who is one of the biggest busts of recent years. At the end of the game, with the ball at Houston's 5, the Titans ran down the clock in order to kick a field goal even though they had plenty of time to try to throw the ball in the end zone to the 6-5 Bennett.

The difference between last year, when Volek was throwing the ball to Bennett at will, and this year couldn't be more stark. Bennett stuck with McNair, Matt Jones stuck with Leftwich/Garrard, Stokley phased out of Indy's offense. . .
smiley7.gif

Kaptain

Master
That passing offense is a complete joke. I don't know if McNair can throw the ball more than 20 yards anymore.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an article on Drew Bennett. He was beat up last season, plus he had Steve McNair throwing to him, but still led the Titans in receptions, yards and TDs, though not repeating his breakthrough 2004 season.

I think we have reason to be cautiously optimistic that both Bennett and Matt Jones will have big years. Surely Jeff Fisher knows better than to put Vince "Mr. Wonderlic" Young in the starting lineup in his rookie season, which should leave the Volek to Bennett connection in operation the entire season. Now if Kevin Curtis finally gets promoted to Isaac Bruce's starting job, and Joe Jurevicius stays the number one guy in Cleveland all season. Stokley may have a bigger role again now that Edgerrin James is gone. Mike Hass may get some playing time in New Orleans. Even Marc Boerigter may do well in Green Bay and Kevin Walter in Houston. Of coursethe Caste System has a way of crushing our hopes every season. . .

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/titans/2006-07-0 2-bennett-feature_x.htm?csp=34Edited by: Don Wassall

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can see Bennett having a very good season.The Titans will still probably struggle to make the playoffs if they are lucky,but Drew will get his thousand yards.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
One of Vince Young's "problems" is that he just doesn't have enough talent around him, presumably including Drew Bennett, according to former NFL linebacker Hugh Green. According to Green: "His only problem is the (Titans) have to catch up to him. Hopefully he can be put in a position where he doesn't get discouraged from lack of talent on the team. If they're willing to commit to help complement him as a player and one of the leaders on that team he can be special."

In the same article Mark May proclaims Young a Hall of Fame talent. I hope he flops even worse than St. Michael Vick.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2006070 8/SPORTS/607080314/1006

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's funny how when you are a white receiver,and a nice,quite humble guy,they give you almost no respect.Does everyone have to be a moron like T.O. just to get on sportscenter.I will take recievers like Bennett,Stokley and Curtis any day of the week.

Freedom

Mentor
Vince Young was never that great to begin with. This is what will happen. Vince Young will scramble every other play and either throw deep or dump it to the fullback for no gain every other play.

It will be inexcusable. You can still have an IQ of 60 and realize that your offense will be effective only through balance between run and pass, and you need to throw a good SQUAREOUT. Something I doubt Young will even attempt.

Bennett will have 600 yards roughly and not get the ball.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
One of Vince Young's "problems" is that he just doesn't have enough talent around him, presumably including Drew Bennett, according to former NFL linebacker Hugh Green. According to Green: "His only problem is the (Titans) have to catch up to him. Hopefully he can be put in a position where he doesn't get discouraged from lack of talent on the team. If they're willing to commit to help complement him as a player and one of the leaders on that team he can be special."

In the same article Mark May proclaims Young a Hall of Fame talent. I hope he flops even worse than St. Michael Vick.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2006070 8/SPORTS/607080314/1006<!-- Message ''"" -->
I respect Mark May but he has been drinking some spiked punch before the article. Vince has bust written all over him. All of this well nobody has been like Young before he is unique is bull, nobody has tried it before because they know if you play his style your offense will get bogged down and your qb will be in the hospital a few weeks........
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white is right

Spooge

Guru
Good god, Vick Young is another (slower) St. Michael. He will run, scamper, make imposible (stupid) throws for the first three years, then get injured, slow down and SUPER SUCK like Jesus Vick!

G

You know what? i'm bout to make some waves! I've read every post in this forum and I have come to the general conclusion that you white people are bitter because you know your fighting a losing battle. Face it, you guys are losing everything. First you lost baseball, then basketball, and then football. Not only that you guys are also losing this country that you SUPPOSEDLY built by yourselves and you cant STAND to see all the illegals flooding the borders. It kills you all to know that by the year 2075 YOU will be the minority. America is the white man's last stand and when you guys lose America THATS IT! And you guys deserve every bit of whats happening to you. All the oppression you guys imposed on the brown people of the world is coming back to hunt you. Come on, the chinese, the indians, the japs theyre takin over this planet faster than a loose cannon redneck cop can a beat a brotha for driving while black. YOU GUYS ARE TOAST. You guys have already lost sports, you've lost music, next will be politics. Once you lose politics then you guys

are

SCREWED!!

I think I stated that quite eloquently.

Edited by: mharris

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
yawn.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
congratulations on being able to read. that's quite an accomplishment.
smiley36.gif
next up, try learning how to write/type.

the only thing white people are losing is patience with people such as yourself. as for making some waves, how about taking a long walk off a short pier, or maybe take a trip to any of the West African paradises "your" people have created and staying there.

Freedom

Mentor
Hey, aside from the sequence of sports, he's right. We are losing. But tons of winners came back from behind. That is all that whites have to do.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
f**k you guest..I will pay to you vacancy in Russia or Germany just for that you will be humiliated by white men..sucker..

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Guests said:
You know what? i'm bout to make some waves! I've read every post in this forum and I have come to the general conclusion that you white people are bitter because you know your fighting a losing battle.  Face it, you guys are losing everything. First you lost baseball, then basketball, and then football. Not only that you guys are also losing this country that you SUPPOSEDLY built by yourselves and you cant STAND to see all the illegals flooding the borders.  It kills you all to know that by the year 2075 YOU will be the minority.  America is the white man's last stand and when you guys lose America THATS IT!  And you guys deserve every bit of whats happening to you.  All the oppression you guys imposed on the brown people of the world is coming back to hunt you. Come on, the chinese, the indians, the japs theyre takin over this planet faster than a loose cannon redneck cop can a beat a brotha for driving while black. YOU GUYS ARE TOAST. You guys have already lost sports, you've lost music, next will be politics. Once you lose politics then you guysareSCREWED!!I think I stated that quite eloquently.

This is a great post. It should be an effective wake up call to all white men that read it. For those lurkers sitting on the fence and reading posts and wondering what the real story is----well, there it is.

A black man is saying what we have been saying all along. Now you know what to expect as a "minority" in a brown world. It will not be a world of set asides and whites only scholorships. It will be a world of violence and hate-- all aimed at white men. There will not be "peace" when the brown people have control of the apparatus of power, as they surely will due to their sheer numbers.

Be warned and act accordingly. The future is not yet written. We can make a world for ourselves and our children. We just have to have the courage and strength to do what is right.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Drew Bennett is listed as the #3 emergency quarterback for the Titans.

Go figure.

All the brothers on the team and they pick another white guy to play backup quarterback 'in case of emergency.' How bout all those other athletes on the team? No one can throw the ball or learn more than one position at a time, or what?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bennett was a quarterback at UCLA. As pathetic as Jeff Fisher and the rest of the Titans' management has become this year, it's to his credit that he took Bennett as an undrafted QB and gave him the opportunity to become a wide receiver.

If all 32 teams would give whites opportunities the NFL would be loaded with white receivers and at other positions. Guess that answers the question of why it only happens once every decade or so.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I was being sarcastic. They get rid of Volek, bringing in Collins and can't wait to start Young. The point being, if they hadn't ditched Volek, they wouldn't need an emergency quarterback. If whites are so lousy that they can't start at running back or corner back, and rarely get a shot at wide receiver, according to that logic, then how good can a white receiver be as a third string quarterback? You'd think they'd continue the trend and nominate one of their defensive linemen as the emergency quarterback or something.

Besides, if Bennett is the quarterback, who is going to catch the ball?

Triad

Mentor
White Shogun said:
Besides, if Bennett is the quarterback, who is going to catch the ball?

Their $24 million receiver, David Givens.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bennett had been the only productive offensive player of note on the disaster that is the Titans. But it looks like he is now doomed to Brian Finneran status for the rest of his career as Fox Sports is reporting that Vince Young is now officially the starter as of tomorrow.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6017948