Craig Pickering

white is right

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Check out this video about Matt Shirvington:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voc0cTcBGpc

It's the race were he ran 10.03, and just listen how the Aussie commentators say about his performance. I wonder if white commentators still say such things today?
Other parts of the world don't have the same PC media when it comes to saying things like that. I recall South African media people speculating about Nagel running a sub 10 when he had his hot indoor season. When somebody says that in North America people immediately think KKK here. There it's no different than if you said you were hoping to be the first Italian, Greek etc.

StarWars

Mentor
white is right said:
j41181 said:
Check out this video about Matt Shirvington:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voc0cTcBGpc

It's the race were he ran 10.03, and just listen how the Aussie commentators say about his performance. I wonder if white commentators still say such things today?
Other parts of the world don't have the same PC media when it comes to saying things like that. I recall South African media people speculating about Nagel running a sub 10 when he had his hot indoor season. When somebody says that in North America people immediately think KKK here. There it's no different than if you said you were hoping to be the first Italian, Greek etc.

I think I might move to Australia when I'm older.
smiley1.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is just to touch on a subject Jason Gardner stated around a year ago. The British Sprinters for the most part train and travel together. Look at both M.Devonish and S.Willianmson at this meet this weekend. It is always these guys along with Edgar. They are friends and they push each other. These guys do not like Craig.
I wonder why? Could it be his lack of a tan? Why do they ignore him?

Even Williamson is always hugging and talking with Dwain the cheat Chambers. Craig is basically on an island by himself.
smiley5.gif
Think about it? You talk about pressure. Not to mention other teammates,fellow athletes & countymen not being cordial. Then the media and fans wonder why Pickering has an attitude. He has to be his own best friend on the track. Not to bitch and cry or complain but I just wanted you guys to see what goes on. So many white athletes, especially good ones are hated because they break the mold. Many black athletes are jealous and cannot handle a white acheiving success in a sport that they think they own! They are a bunch of ego maniacs.

So what are they gonna do when the white flash Pickering breaks through?
smiley36.gif
Deal with it haters!
It is only a matter of time despite the overwhelming odds and many obstacles in the way. Belief in oneself is stronger than others disbelief. Use the hate and jealousy to fuel the fire. All the way to London baby!
smiley32.gif

I'm anxious to see what time Simone Collio opens up with this weekend. Here is the link to the start list for tommorow. I will be watching two idiots in particular and rooting for Collio!

[url]http://www.iaaf.org/gp09/results/eventcode=4198/sex=M/discCo de=100/result.html#M100[/url]

StarWars

Mentor
I want to be Craig's friend, it's not fair.
smiley1.gif
Ya, I think boxing pisses off blacks even more because we have lately been owning at it. For this reason the media stops caring.

Thanks for the link.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
For all of Craig friends, fans, girlfriends. He will open up his outdoor season on May 17th at the 2009 Loughborough International. The race will be over 150 meters which will be a good starting point to try and see where the speed endurance is at currently. Might do a 200 meter later on but focusing as always on the 100 meters with Berlin in sight!

white lightning

Hall of Famer

StarWars

Mentor
That time is fine but Devonish went 45.1. What did Craig go out in in his first 100 meters? On the same day Bolt ran 9.9, so the conditions were not optimal at all. Because Craig has difficulty breaking 21 in his 200 meters he probably runs in the low 5's for the 100 to 150 split, putting his 100 metter at around 10.2 low in my opinion. And for the condidtions that is not bad at all. Edited by: StarWars

StarWars

Mentor
If this was on a curved track the time is probably pretty good. An excellent training strategy this season for sure. I think it will pay off. And was Craig's start improved from winter?

StarWars

Mentor
StarWars said:
If this was on a curved track the time is probably pretty good. An excellent training strategy this season for sure. I think it will pay off. And was Craig's start improved from winter?

If Cerutti ran a half second slower than Craig then you know Craig is doing something right in the 150 meter. This will be Craig's breakthhrough year. As far as I know he ran an incredibly fast time for a curved track considering he is not much of a 200 meter runner (aparently better than cerutti though) and he is a novice of curve running. His top speed is there, now we need to find out how his start and drive phase is.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Still might try to get a 200 race in there possibly. The next race is in Belgrade over 100 meters on May 29th! The weather there is usually not condusive to fast times. Don't expect a really great time unless it is warmer than usual and that is not common in Belgrade. Regardless, you never know as training is going good.

StarWars

Mentor
Nice!!!Anything under 10.20 would be fantastic. I hope it's sunny and like 75 degrees.

Wariner also races on the 30th in the 200 meters. he will also do that event at the USA track and field championships. Hopefully he can get near 20. With clyde Hart back anything is possible. Now Martyn Rooney needs to start lighting it up. I have a good feeling about this summer.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As we get closer to Berlin, just a short interview reposted to remind people of the goals for the season. While they may not be eye poping, they are probably more realistic. The sky is the limit but these are the standards that the coach is aiming for! The age in the interview should say 22 as the birthday isn't until October!

http://roadto2012.wordpress.com/interviews/craigpickering/Edited by: white lightning

albinosprint

Mentor
I like his goals he set for himself. though, I think he should cut the indoor a bit.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Do you guys notice how the progressions that they are aiming for each year get barely faster. Unlike many of the flinstones kids who improve by 1/2 second to a full second almost overnight. Gee, I wonder how that works. To get better by .05 - .15 or so is possible. Anything else is doubtable unless you are still a teenager. They improve very quickly as their bodies are maturing and growing very fast. The goal for this year is only a 10.05 - 10.10! Very modest and very obtainable.

So why do I want more, more more?
smiley1.gif
smiley17.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley9.gif
smiley3.gif
smiley12.gif
smiley14.gif
smiley16.gif
smiley32.gif
Edited by: white lightning

StarWars

Mentor
If he ever breaks ten or runs faster than 9.95 at altitude like Jim Hines then he will be the fastest clean runner in history. I bet he knows that deep down; that he will have to be the fastest clean athlete on earth to get an Olympic medal.

albinosprint

Mentor
I had a dream last night that I went drinking with pickering. all he would drink was cranberry juice
smiley1.gif

StarWars

Mentor
albinosprint said:
I had a dream last night that I went drinking with pickering. all he would drink was cranberry juice
smiley1.gif

Your dream is my dream come true. And of course Id like to drink with all you guys, WL, Albinosprint, JackNYC, MAstermulti, Europe, the whole gang and anybody else. Oh my god if we all saw him get the gold in 2012 and run sub 10 live I think I would have to storm the track screaming.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You know that cranberry juice is good for the prostate. The ladies will tell you that it's important to take care of that area!
smiley20.gif
I also hear that cranberry juice doesn't give you a beer belly. Hahaha.

One of these days we will all hang out. 2012 at the latest my friends.

Just 7 more days till the first 100 of the season! Like Homer Simpson says.....Woohoooo!!!!

StarWars

Mentor
Now there is six days until Craig races. I think he will start with a 10.17. His 15.42 second 150 meter on a curve suggests his 100 speed is very fast considering he has never ran faster than 21 seconds in a 200 meter. His top speed is better than ever. If he gets a good start this spring he will be very close to 10 seconds. I hope he has worked on correcting hs arms as well. When you look at his race in Reiti last years his arms are just terrible. Either way, I feel it is his year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
One thing to remember guys. Many guys that have bad form have still run fast. Currently both Walter Dix and Travis Padgett of the US(PEDS POSS)both have horrible form. Sometimes if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think it will be this year with the same form for the most part and if there are any descent imporvements, then an overhaul of the body mechanics. Just my two cents but probably this year will be one last test run. The times in training are there. Will they be there when it counts remains to be see?

StarWars

Mentor
Unfortunately the weather report for Belgrade, Serbia is rainy on the 29th of May. On the bright side it will be around 65 to 70 degrees, much warmer than England I'd bet. Also it will be mild rain and not a downpour. With these condidtions assuming there is no headwind then I predict 10.19. Harry AA has that time already, and I expect Chaimbers to up his cycle a bit so he gets below ten soon. dasalou and Devonish are also pretty good. I dont think Simone will beat Craig, but the firts three I named have a chance. Craig will have to be below 10.10 to make berlin.

albinosprint

Mentor
can "drug cheat chambers" run in the WC? or is he just ban from the Olympics

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He was kicked off the 4 x 100 Relay Squad but G.B. cannot keep him from running in Berlin unless he fails to qualify. That is unless he were to get caught again for some type of peds. I predict he will be on the team which will make it very hard for the other few spots to represent Great Britain.

It will take a new personal best just to qualify with 4 or 5 guys from the UK already running in the 10.05 - 10.20 range as of right now. The competition is getting fierce.

I hate to say it but the roids use in my opinion are out of control. Harry ran a 10.19 a few weeks ago and today ran a 10.51. Simeon Williamson is the same way and even alot of the other guys. From T.Edgar to M.Devonish. There are too many guys going up and down in times very quickly. It is not natural in my opinion. It shows cycling of drugs. I hate to say it but where there is smoke, there is usually fire. These guys are jacked(muscles beyond belief). HGH is also being abused everywhere. The drug testers better get busy or we will have a bunch of Chambers types representing England.

Here is a link to what I'm talking about with the relay team.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/athletics-news/2009/03/10/dwain-chambers-booted-off-british-relay-team-86908-21186345/Edited by: white lightning