College Football Week 11

Jarred Abbrederis has 2 end arounds for 37 yards. This kid in a caste free world should be a second round draft pick. He will probably go in the 4th to 6th much like Ryan Swope will next year.

dwid

Hall of Famer
ULL almost beat number 6 ranked Florida, ULL made some mistakes, beat themselves to allow Florida to tie, and then blocked a punt to score a td. They knocked out the starting qb for Florida early on, I think the backup was black, not sure, but if he was maybe that was an all black lineup? almost beat by a lowly ULL from the Sunbelt

Highlander

Mentor
Manziel to Swope (just like my Avatar) TD. A&M up 14-0 over 'Bama. Incredible play by Manziel.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Manziel might just be the best freshman QB Ive ever seen.

Cody Getz is back with 4 for 25 in the first quarter. Look for junior rb Ty McArthur to be the main rusher next year as he is fast and also a very good kick returner.

Also from the Air Force Official Athletic Site quoting rb/wr Ty McArthur , " My favorite football players are Wes Welker and Danny Woodhead because they paved the way for little dudes. " Riiiiiigggght . I guess he did not really want to say why they were his favorite players.:becky:

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
The Aggies had L.S.U. beat this year, but the refs started letting the D-backs hold, and interfere. I see them doing it again today against BAMA.

dwid

Hall of Famer
The Aggies had L.S.U. beat this year, but the refs started letting the D-backs hold, and interfere. I see them doing it again today against BAMA.
That's been then helping the sec teams for a while gotta play the refs as well can't let it get u down but its hard not to, players usually self destruct after a while. Happens In hs football as well. Its bs though. Wr for Texas A&M just called for offensive pass interference. It was barely noticeable, he was just getting physical back.

I know Texas A&M are now SEC but are still viewed as outsiders, probably going to be the same way Nebraska was with the big 12, always getting screwed over by the refs.

Last edited:

northwinds

Mentor

Yep, they just called A&M's Mike Evans for offensive pass intefernce because there was contact as he broke to the middle of the field and caught a pass....this led to a 3rd and 29...which almost turned into a safety....now A&M punting from their own goal line...

dwid

Hall of Famer
Well Texas A&M still has the lead by 6. Does Nick Saban really think there isn't one single White guy that can do what Eddie Lacy does? the backups for Penn St can do that with their blocking. I'm talking about Day, who is behind Zwinak who is a stud. Day is more average (btw anyone know what happened to Zwinak? 118 yards rushing, saw him on the sideline getting ice on his neck, kind of hard to pay attention to several games).

also, notice on these highlights a lot of of "tight ends" getting big plays, mostly White, if they are black ones they are usually very light skinned and can barely tell unless they show a close up of facial features.

Its more appropriate to have a White tight end who is basically a White receiver just like in the 90's, the coach of Purdue when he recruited Alstott he said something about how he was so good and he tried looking up any and every possible play for a fullback to get the ball, well not just hand the ball off like a regular tailback? That wasn't accepted as much. The games I have of Alstott in college he plays some at tailback but also splits carries with a black back and blocked for him, they had some 2 and 3 back sets even though Alstott led in yards both games.

Last edited:

The Hock

Master
My interest in College football has dropped off the table the last few years, but I'm really into this A&M and Alabama game. I really want A&M to win.

dwid

Hall of Famer
My interest in College football has dropped off the table the last few years, but I'm really into this A&M and Alabama game. I really want A&M to win.

yeah, hopefully Manziel doesn't let the corrupt refs get him down, I saw him on the sidelines upset when the field goal was missed. I don't know why pass interference wasn't called several times, that endzone one could have helped if they made the call. I am sure if it were the other way around they throw the flag.

Where is formerwhitecornerback right now? did he see that big play that Alabama had passing? the db backpedaled and looked horrible turning around, stiff and tripped a little bit over himself turning around allowing the guy to be wide open.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
The refs clearly, obviously, and unarguably have instructions to not call pass interference.

The Hock

Master
Are the interference rules different for college? On that endzone play the 'Bama guy blatantly face guarded, made no attempt to turn and locate the ball. Plus he was pretty much pushing the tight end out of bounds. In the NFL flags would have been raining down. Do college rules allow that?

dwid

Hall of Famer
Are the interference rules different for college? On that endzone play the 'Bama guy blatantly face guarded, made no attempt to turn and locate the ball. Plus he was pretty much pushing the tight end out of bounds. In the NFL flags would have been raining down. Do college rules allow that?

well we were told constantly that the replacement refs were messing up and calling pi for good defensive plays because they were used to the college rules, I think the NFL allows for the defender to be more on the back of the receiver, a little more leeway, but of course we both know thats pass interference in both leagues.

Highlander

Mentor
Manziel putting on another clinic against the affletic 'Bama "D":
24-30, 253 yds, 2 TDs
16c, 92 yds.

Swope beating 'Bama's "more affletic" DBs with 11 rec for 111 yards and a TD.

Several 'Bama players leaving the field hurt. Plantation owner Saban worried...

The Hock

Master
Hee hee. The 'Bama returner runs into his own guy. No camera pan to The Man Who Cut Welker Because He Was White, though.

That would have been priceless.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Manziel is amazing. He is faster that Tebow and Klein. He might even be faster than Eric Crouch or Taylor Martinez. Then to top it off he is a polished passer as a freshman with incredible accuracy. The kid also isn't intimidated by anyone. What a great game by Manziel and Swope. These two guys afew flat out incredible.