Caste Matchups-Week Thirteen

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Although it isn't a caste matchup by referendum's standards, I'm looking forward to tonight's game between Miami (OH) and Ohio. Ohio starts 12 Whites, while Miami starts 10. Hopefully Beau Blankenship will get a decent number of carries!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Blankenship is looking great so far, just busted a nice 14 yard run off of a pitch, and the announcers have been praising him all game. It's like going back in time.

Highlander

Mentor
Yeah, about halfway through the 3rd QTR they finally put Blankenship in there and he sparked Ohio on their first scoring drive of the game. He should be starting.

I'm thankful that Solich is giving him a shot. There are probably dozens if not hundreds of others like him that never get the same opportunity.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I've also been impressed with the ability of the Ohio QB, Tyler Tettleton. He's quite a "black quarterback" when running the option or doing a designed draw. Another white QB with impressive athleticism, who knew? In this game, he has been plagued by drops by his supa affletic receiving corps.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I haven't watched any Ohio Bobcat football this year, but the white skill guys on this team are really, really good. On the other hand, the starting RB, Donte Hardin, he's the starter, why? I haven't checked the stats yet, but he's got to have negative yardage rushing for the game.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Harden has 16 carries for 75 yards so far. Tettleton is at 111 yards rushing on only 12 runs!

Highlander

Mentor
On the other hand, the starting RB, Donte Hardin, he's the starter, why?
Hardin was named the starter at the beginning of the year but Blankenship has impressed in practice so Solich has given him some opportunities the last few games and he has looked great. I'm sure Hardin is considered to have more "upside" though, as you probably know.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Hardin was named the starter at the beginning of the year but Blankenship has impressed in practice so Solich has given him some opportunities the last few games and he has looked great. I'm sure Hardin is considered to have more "upside" though, as you probably know.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I've watched a few Ohio games this year, and to be fair, Hardin has looked pretty good in some of them. I think Blankship should get a little bit more time though, I'd say a 50-50 split would be fair. Hardin and Blankenship have both been pretty good, but Blankenship has outperformed Hardin on more than a couple games this year, so he should get more time.

referendum

Mentor
I'm off to parent's house for Thanksgiving weekend, won't be back till Saturday night, so I'll post the matchup numbers after the fact. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Mike Sherman, who now starts 3 sumos' on the interior of their o-line, lost AGAIN! :high5:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Damn it. I missed the game and I'm a huge Nebraska Fan and I really love to watch Rex run the ball. This sucks. Oh well. I'm glad that they won and that he had another stellar game. Any NFL Team would be lucky to have this kid running the ball. Nebraska is looking good with the bowl games right around the corner.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Arkansas "D" is absolutely SLOW-FOOTED.. how do they only have one loss?

northwinds

Mentor
Just started watching the LSU/Arkansas game with Jordan Jefferson throwing a crucial pick........has Jared Lee played at all today or is LSU going strictly with the affrolete at QB?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
The Arkansas "D" is absolutely SLOW-FOOTED.. how do they only have one loss?

This is the first time I've watched Arkansas this year, and I can instantly diagnose their problems! Their "D" is also low-IQ. Now, if Alabama defeats Auburn, they'll take their rightful place in the polls.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Just started watching the LSU/Arkansas game with Jordan Jefferson throwing a crucial pick........has Jared Lee played at all today or is LSU going strictly with the affrolete at QB?
his role has been reduced dramatically. When all that crap happened with Jefferson, Lee went and played efficiently and earned the job in the eyes of many. Then there were cries of racism if Jefferson wasn't put back in 50/50 thing they had going. "yall takin dat boys chances of going pro away, that aint right". All because there was speculation that he might not be automatically named the starter. I wish they would have listened to this one black guy that called into a local show "if it was my boy i would take him out of that institution and get him transfered to a college like Southern or Grambling"

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Boston College wins AT Miami! Jacky Harris ends his "promising" college career with a 4 interception game..

foobar75

Master
Just started watching the LSU/Arkansas game with Jordan Jefferson throwing a crucial pick........has Jared Lee played at all today or is LSU going strictly with the affrolete at QB??

I think he was benched during the ALA game for throwing an INT. I guess he was walking on eggshells and just needed a mistake to lose his job.

Last edited:

foobar75

Master
This is the first time I've watched Arkansas this year, and I can instantly diagnose their problems! Their "D" is also low-IQ. Now, if Alabama defeats Auburn, they'll take their rightful place in the polls.

Yes, everyone at Caste Football is eagerly awaiting the dream LSU-ALA rematch in the BCS national championship game. The non-stop propaganda by Herbie & Co about the SEC being the best conference in the country leading up to that game will be an added bonus for our cause.

dwid

Hall of Famer
So the only way for there not to be an all SEC national championship is if Georgia beats LSU in the SEC championship? That would be kind of cool since Georgia lost to Boise St. This is going to suck if its an all SEC national championship. They hand picked out of conference opponents and no chance to end the "SEC is the best" because no other team will be able to prove they are better.

IF Taylor Martinez worked on his passing their offense would be even better. You can tell he isn't trying to improve because his passing has regressed. Burkhead looks like he would make a better qb at this point. Martinez improving combined with their defense playing like they did today then they have a shot next year. I wonder why they were so terrible this year? They played physical today and shut down Iowa's top receiver.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Yes, everyone at Caste Football is eagerly awaiting the dream LSU-ALA rematch in the BCS national championship game. The non-stop propaganda by Herbie & Co about the SEC being the best conference in the country leading up to that game will be an added bonus for our cause.

Take that up with Arkansas' slow-footed fat blacks, their linebackers that couldn't make tackles on initial contact, running back Dennis Johnson who lost a fumble in LSU territory (at a time when Arkansas still had a chance), crucial dropped passes, dreadful "special team's coverage" on Tyrann Mathieu's return TD, running back Broderick Green's slow feet...

Even Arkansas - considered a "high-powered offense" - didn't go airraid on LSU. I wonder why? http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/481953/morris-claiborne

He's way better in coverage than Patrick Peterson ever was, and snagged a pick in this game.

Riddlewire

Master
Chandler Harnish needed a big passing game today against Eastern Michigan in order to move up in the Total Offense rankings. Unfortunately, EMU was insistent upon playing "keep away" as they ran the ball 48 times and held possession almost eight minutes longer than Northern Illinois. Harnish did manage 148 rushing yards and a touchdown to go along with his 98 passing yards and one touchdown.

That puts him at 203 of 322 (63%) for 2,692 yards, with 23TD and 4INT.
He also has 172 carries for 1,351 yards (7.9avg) on the ground with 11 rushing touchdowns.
This total puts him at 6th in the nation in rushing. Not just among quarterbacks, but among all runners.

With only average performances in the MAC championship and bowl game, Chandler should easily surpass Scum Newton's total offense numbers (2,854passing, 1,473rushing) from last year, thereby giving him the trophy for best ever season by a "Dual Threat" quarterback. Harnish will also have done so in a more efficient manner, as he's already ahead of the pace set by Newton (8.18ypp vs 7.95ypp) in Scumbag's supposed "Greatest of All Time" season.
Since Newton can't win football games in Carolina, but they like the 'type' of player he is, it's clear that they should cut ties with him after this season and draft the player with similar but better skills.
I suppose I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.