caste matchups week four

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Zach Line had 5 touchdowns last week to tie the conference record and he may just break that record today. I would like to see him get mentioned in the Heisman Race but it will be very hard playing for SMU. The kid is an absolute stud!

Riddlewire

Master
He leads the nation in rushing touchdowns (by two). If he finishes the season with that record, and he leads CUSA again in rushing, he should be in the top three in Heisman voting.

Riddlewire

Master
Well, he's not going to get enough chances if SMU's affletes can't hold onto the ball.

Riddlewire

Master
Beasley hurt.
And SMU's Wide(nosed) Receivers can't catch the ball.
Mustangs offense sputtering.

Riddlewire

Master
Zach Line TD #3!
41 yard run.

(gonna get reviewed and put at the 2, though)

Edit: And now it's a TD.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't know how many people are watching this game in the US but I hope they hear what the announcers said. Zach Line didn't get even one scholarship offer coming out of high school. Yet he led the country in rushing touchdowns and ran for almost 1500 yards. Even his coach June Jones thought he might be a linebacker if they were lucky at SMU. If that doesn't show the racism against whites in football then I don't know what does? The kid is another Toby Gerhart. It's just too bad he doesn't play on as talented a team as Toby did. Maybe SMU can pull of a great season. They will need their receivers to step up and for Cole Beasley to stay healthy.

Imagine how many other Zach Line type running backs never get to play college ball. This country is amazing with the disgusting treatment towards white athletes and also towards whites in all aspects of life.

Come on Zach. Let's see you rush for 6 or 7 tds today. Show the nation how stupid they are. Let's go SMU!:pop2:

Riddlewire

Master
It seems like Beasley is done for the day. He's walking, so he should be good for next week.

Highlander

Mentor
Halfway thru the 3rd QTR:

McGloin - 9/10 144 Yards, 2 TD, 277.0 QB Rating
Bolden - 7/12 115 Yards, 1 TD, 166.3 QB Rating

Bolden got the start again.

Riddlewire

Master
Before last week's game, the tv guys said that Bolden was openly declaring that the job should be his. You can bet that most of the roster is on his side, regardless of who gives them the best chance to win. So I figure that Paterno (Is he even still alive?) or the top assistant is too afraid to go against the wishes of his affletes.

Highlander

Mentor
McGloin now 14/17, 219 Yards, 3TD, 248.8 QB Rating through 3 Qtrs.

Bolden still with same stats.

Paterno still up in the box, at least in the 2nd half, but don't know if he is still alive. I didn't see him moving or blinking when they showed him on camera.

If they lose games because the coaching staff is intimidated by the thug's reaction to starting McGloin, then maybe they should recruit and play fewer thugs.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Finally watching the SMU game now, I had to do some family stuff so missed the first half. Hopefully I can find a way to get a copy. Its on my tv as well so I would imagine quite a few people are watching, at least flipping through. I hate the fact that none of the other half time shows play highlights from SMU games.

I think Zach Line is even better than Gerhart, so yeah it just makes you wonder what kind of talent is just sitting at home or on the bench. He looks much quicker, the only thing I noticed last year is that he didn't use his power enough in the open field, sometimes he would try to make a db miss when he could have given him a stiff arm. It looks like he has worked on that from what I have seen, when to try to make someone miss and when to use his power. 11 rushing tds beats his total from last year.

Of course the announcers have to mention about how great the line is at run blocking. A White runningback doing great and all of a sudden the line is one of the best in the nation. Same thing happened with Gerhart.

How many times did Line fumble? the announcers acted like hes lost the ball quite a bit today. The Memphis back just fumbled just by getting the handoff, nobody tackling him, at least Line fumbled getting tackled by a bunch of people, more acceptable, especially since its raining.

I love the fake pass to the outside and the inside handoff to Line, the Patriots need to start running that.

update: a great run by Line just wiped out by a holding penalty, showed speed, power and balance, got to the 1 yard line. The hold didn't really affect the play because he went all the way to the outside. It may have even been a td, it was close, maybe the refs didn't want Line to have td number 4. Little stuff like that happens all the time on the interior and never gets called.

Last edited:

Riddlewire

Master
Line's knee was down well before he dropped the ball on the goal line. So that wasn't a fumble at all. They should have challenged that.
I don't remember another fumble earlier in the game. Maybe he dropped one that a teammate picked up quickly.

Zach has lost about 40 yards on holding calls today.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Any update on Beasley? Hopefully its just a minor tweak and he will be ready for his next game.

dwid

Hall of Famer
They should be running the clock down with Line. The defense is tired and a big back would do better. The backup almost got the qb killed in pass protection, he took a big hit but still made the td throw and then he just coughed it up. They were in a goal line situation, Line should have gotten the chance to get a 4th td.

Riddlewire

Master
Line's numbers for the game (should've/could've been WAY higher):
20 carries 138 yards (6.9) 3TD
2 receptions 24 yards

Highlander

Mentor
Tanner Brock out for the year with knee injury :icon_sad:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Some early good news is that Ole Miss is 1-3 and hopefully that will cost Nutt his job. Its not like Richt is much better though.

JReb1

Mentor
Is the ridiculously athletic, talented Line still being called a FB by the MSM?

Highlander

Mentor
Collin Klein, QB, K-State, having good game so far against Thug U with one passing and one running TD. K-State up 14-3 in the 2nd QTR at Miami.