Caste matchups for week three

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What network is the Kansas-Duke game on? I don't see it online or on "The World's Worst Cable Package." It must be regional coverage. I can't believe the beached one is deliberately killing his team's chances by benching Jake for no reason. I'd shoot him in the billboard that is his rear end with a low power BB gun if I could.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Colonel, the Kansas game is on the Versus Network. Versus will also be airing the FSU-BYU game tonight as well.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks Jack, I thought it might be on that network. Dang you Comcast!
smiley7.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Kansas does have a White speedster making a lot of plays in the game, despite Sharp being on the sidelines: true freshman linebacker Huldon Tharp. he's all over the place!

also, the young White quarterback for Duke is a LOT better than their black starter ... how long before there is a quarterback controversy for the Blue Devils?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Ball State is horrible this year. They are losing to Army 24-17 in the 4th quarter. It looks like the Cadets will hold on and win.

Duke's backup QB looks better then Thad Lewis from what I've seen of the game.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
dwid,

while an injury is the most obvious reason, the trainers haven't even looked at Sharp.meanwhile, Jake's been pacing the sidelines like a caged tiger.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Sharp didn't see the field in the second half.

dwid

Hall of Famer
hopefully this new guy isnt the starter after rushing for 70 yards against DUKE

even the announcers were surprised about Sharp not playing and that the new guy should be only a change of pace runner to Sharp when Sharp comes back. I hope he doesn't wind up getting more carries than Sharp this year.Edited by: dwid

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm going to refer to this game as the Lawrence screwjob, especially if Jake isn't hurt and is treated this way the rest of the season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Meanwhile, Iowa scores thanks to a heads up play by their white FB, Brett Morse, who fell on an Adam Robinson fumble when he was going into the endzone. Somehow, Brett isn't getting credit for the TD though. Robinson unworthily gets the stat. Pathetic!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Nebraska lost the game 16-15 against Va. Tech because of an inept black who completely blew coverage on Danny Coale who took it down to the 3 yard line before Matt O'Hanlon, had to run over and tackle him before he scored. Then, 2 plays later, Suh and Compton inexplicably don't try and sack the inept black QB that Tech has, and throws for the winning TD. Edited by: Jack Lambert

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hated to see Nebraska lose that game, but seeing Washington beat USC was really nice!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Colonel_Reb said:
I hated to see Nebraska lose that game, but seeing Washington beat USC was really nice!

Jake Locker is da man!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Utah got beat by Oregon, although that wasn't much of a Caste matchup. Colorado State is beating Nevada pretty good in the 4th quarter, with John Mosure having a good game. BYU is down to FSU late in the 1st quarter. Black BYU WR Chambers has fumbled the ball away for the second time this season.
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Colonel_Reb said:
<div></div>
<div>Jake Locker is da man!</div>

Yes, Jake Locker was stone cold in that game. He was unflappable and looked like a pro when his team needed him to make big plays the most. It was so fun to see that sour look on Carroll's face. Also, Erik Folk looks like he'll be a really good kicker, just like his brother Nick.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Locker is the West Coast Tim Tebow, only without the hype or the talent around him. he is a monster!

in this BYU-FSU game, you're getting to see how incredible the hand-eye coordination of White athletes is. there have been someamazing catches by our receivers.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
on the other hand, too many turnovers and poor tackling are turning this game into a rout. BYU better wake up quick, if they're gonna have a chance to come back in this one.

they're playing very poorly.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BYU is done. They aren't a come from behind team. They have given the game away. The Quest Part II is over.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
so much of any team sport is mental, and it seems like BYU was totally unprepared mentally to play tonight. like they'd been reading too many of their own press clippings ...

whatever the reason, they've gone from the hardest hitting, surest tackling team in the country for the first two weeks of the season to a bunch of dudes who don't want to hit anyone and can't wrap up on the simplest of tackling opportunities.

that would spell doom for anyone, as it looks to have done for the Cougars tonight. tis a bummer, for sure.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jimmy, I think your right about players getting the big head and not being in the game mentally. It is sad to see, but BYU is just a fickle team.

Kaptain

Master
FSU's quarterback was flawless and he can run pretty good too. That Chambers fumble was huge in this game. I always wondered about college games in which defenses often seem to be unable to stop offenses. It happens quite a bit. So why not continously do on-side kicks? The defense clearly wasn't prepared today. They just had no answer for FSU's short passing game. No adjustment seemed to be made on defense all game.

Kind of a tough caste week overall - I think. Jake Sharp was injured before the game, Eric Decker got an ankle injury at the end of their game, and Brandon Wehger didn't start or get as many carries after his great performance last week. I missed the Washington game - I guess there is another great white QB to watch on the plus side?

Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
hopefully, BYU learns from this poor performance and bounces back to have a great season. unfortunately, as people we only learn from the painful experiences. and this was certainly painful for BYU and all of us who pull for their White athletes.

we'll see what kind of men they are by how they handlethis thumping and if they use it to become better or not. i'm hoping they tear it up the rest of the year.
smiley20.gif

and theKaptain is right. FSU's quarterback is a tremendous player.

Riddlewire

Master
True Freshman Spencer Keith (mentioned here) got his first college start for Kent State in place of injured black starting QB Giorgio Morgan. Keith did well, especially for a complete rookie, going 21/32 for 255 with 2TD and 1INT.
Normally we don't mention QB battles as part of caste issues, but, in this case, it's a chance for a white QB to displace a black QB, so I thought it worthy of inclusion.

Kaptain Poop said:
Kind of a tough caste week overall - I think. Jake Sharp was injured before the game, Eric Decker got an ankle injury at the end of their game, and Brandon Wehger didn't start or get as many carries after his great performance last week. I missed the Washington game - I guess there is another great white QB to watch on the plus side?

I try not to let this get me down. I was watching in the third quarter when BYU was down 30 to 14. When Max Hall threw the pick-6, I could not watch anymore. Here's the thing though. Yes it's upsetting to see a very white BYU team ranked 7th in the nation lose to unranked Bobby Bowden Florida State and everything that comes with that. But things like this are inevitable. BYU simply just did not show up, and that happens to pretty much every team once a season. Also, we have to hope that we get even more of these caste matchups in the future. White players and teams are not invincible, eventually they will lose and fall short in some of them. With more white players and white stars, we will see games where they don't do well and will be criticized. You will see highlight reels at their expense (Wes Welker getting decked against Pittsburgh last year for example). But we should be glad they were out there playing, because we see too many games every week like Miami and Georgia Tech with very few whites on the field at any given time. If we want to see the disintegration of the caste system, we must take the good with the bad as that will eventually happen.

I would have loved to see BYU go undefeated and finish 2 in the BCS and play in the NC game. But what if they got demolished 56-3 by Florida in the game? Everything happens for a reason. Maybe as others alluded to this will be the kick in the butt they needed, and they will run the table the rest of the season and make it into a quality bowl and show up an SEC or other caste team.

I don't think this was an extremely caste weekend. Martinek rushed for 121. Mosure rushed just shy of a hundred, and Lippincott rushed for 52. I know he should get more because he ran for 1,400 plus last year, it was still good to see a white RB getting carries on both teams. Decker, despite the injury, had a big game. So did Blaire White with two TDs, Sanzenbacher with 126 yards, TDs, including a big 76 yarder. Go ahead and add Shipley with the dominating punt return for the TD, and them showing a clip of him singing and playing guitar! So I would say that although it wasn't the best weekend, there were some good performances that people had to notice! And the best thing is, there's always next weekend to look forward to. Hopefully some great things will happen
smiley1.gif