Stanford 13 USC 5
Boise St 11 Toledo 7
SMU 10 Tulsa 7
West Kent 10 Flor Inter 4
Fresno St 12 Haw 6
Rice 12 UTEP 4

icsept

Master
Stanford needs a good bounce-back against USC. Northwestern v. Purdue will be white runningbacks galore. Rice and McGuffie need to put it on the coal black Miners.

snow

Mentor
Really hoping for Nebraska to dominate. They are a very anti caste team.
A white dual threat quarterback, a white runningback, a white receiver,
2 white defensive tackles, 1 white defensive end, 2 white linebackers.

Edit: They looked great on the opening drive, McNeill with a 25 yard reception, Martinez with 3 rushes for 30 yards and a td, Burkhead with a 9 yard carry.

The announcers just mentioned that Martinez is averaging more yards per carry than Denard Robinson.

Edited by: snow

snow

Mentor
Martinez is averaging 9 yards per carry even after losing yards on a sack and one qb sneak where he was just trying to gain a yard. Just had a 35 yard rushing td and is 20 yards away from breaking the 100 yard rushing mark.

edit: 11 rushes for 129 yards and 2 tds, amazing. He is rising on the list for rushing yards by a freshman at Nebraska, and there are still plenty of games to go.

icsept

Master
I'm watching, Snow. Martinez is impressive again. A few more carries for Burkhead would be nice.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Martinez is incredible running the football. i mean, WOW!

i don't know how fast he runs the 40, but he runs faster than anyone else on the football field tonight. and it's not even close ... unless Burkhead might be able to run with him.

icsept

Master
Are you kidding me - 80 yard td run for Martinez. "Blinding speed" from the freshman.Edited by: icsept

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
80 yard TD run from T-Magic!

Denard who? This guy's where it's at!
smiley20.gif

Highlander

Mentor
Denard who?
smiley2.gif

Highlander

Mentor
Jack Lambert said:
80 yard TD run from T-Magic!

Denard who? This guy's where it's at!
smiley20.gif
Wow, we must be riding the same brain waves!

snow

Mentor
They had to remind us who Denard was with a clip of him playing vs Indiana.

Martinez has the most 20+ yard runs in fbs football, and has about half the carries of Denard. 2 80 yard runs this season.

Now over the 200 yard rushing mark, he better get national attention after this. Heisman contender.

This is the first year that Nebraska ran this type of spread option full time right? if so he way ahead of where Denard was last year. They have both been in college the same amount of time, but Denard had playing time last year under a coach who is supposed to be a spread guru while Martinez was a redshirt practicing a different offense. To my knowledge, this is the first year that Nebraska has ran this type of offense full time.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Here is some of Martinez' bio from the Nebraska Husker website.
Kid had a GREAT high school career in Southern Calif, but for some reason he had to go all the way to Nebraska. Unbelievable. But on the other hand, typical. USC passed on Gerhart too, who also played h.s. football in their backyard.

"Martinez was a dual-threat quarterback for Coach Matt Logan at Corona's Centennial High School as a senior. Martinez passed for better than 3,000 yards and 28 touchdowns, and completed 61 percent of his passes. On the ground, Martinez added 750 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns. His play helped Centennial to a perfect 15-0 season and a state championship, capped by a victory over De La Salle High, when Martinez threw for 243 yards.

Centennial finished No. 2 nationally in the USA Today's final prep rankings. Martinez was named the Big VIII League's Most Valuable Player and also earned the Los Angeles Times' Glen Davis Player-of-the-Year Award. A first-team all-state selection, Martinez was the Inland Division Offensive Player of the Year, the Max Preps California Player of the Year and the Golden States Prep Southern California Offensive Player of the Year.

Martinez spent only one season at Centennial High School. As a junior, he quarterbacked San Bernadino Cajon High School and accounted for about 1,500 yards of total offense. He spent his freshman and sophomore years at Norco High, where he primarily played in the secondary. Martinez only visited Nebraska. "Edited by: jacknyc

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
K-State is rolling over. they don't want anymore of the Big (nearly all) White Snowplow (including the tight ends, and even the wideouts) that is roadgrading them tonight. if they could, the now-tamed Wildcats would have already thrown in the towel ...

snow

Mentor
Burkhead should definitely get some carries after this. He could have easily had the same big run that Helu just had since the defense was so focused on Martinez

snow

Mentor
Martinez with another 40 yard td run.

DWFs i swear, they think anyone with a Spanish last name is mestizo. The guy looks pretty damn white to me.

taylor-martinez.jpg

MostDangerous

Martinez is a great player but with a name like that you have to wonder whether he is truly white or not. From his picture it's hard to tell, but he does look a bit ugly, which would indicate impure genes...

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here's his dad, I think anyways. He looks pretty white to me. He was a former Iowa State safety. I don't see anything wrong with Taylor's face.

http://www.cornfed.com/About-Us-W11C1.aspx

But yeah, everyone with a Rodriguez, Martinez, or something of the sort is always considered mestizo by the dwfs, despite the fact that they also come from Spain.

snow

Mentor
he looks very white to me, "with a name like that you have to wonder whether if he is truly white" Martinez is a Spanish name, and last time I checked Spain was in Europe, but to me he looks kind of Irish with the ears and the hair. I have never seen mexicans with ears like that, but I do know some Irish people who do, and similar curly hair. Even if he did have Indian in him it would be very minimal, so don't know why we would question it. Jessica Alba looks darker and mestizo and was found to be 87 percent European.

The mainstream media is dying for more "latino" football players, look at all the hype Sanchez gets. If Martinez was even partially mexican I doubt he would be playing at Nebraska right now.

Highlander

Mentor
The only thing that matters is, what would the imbecilic DWFs consider him to be if his last name was "Smith" instead? The answer to that is lily White.

Highlander said:
The only thing that matters is, what would the imbecilic DWFs consider him to be if his last name was "Smith" instead?  The answer to that is lily White.

I wouldn't say if DWFs mistakenly consider him something else is the only thing that matters. When watching the play or a highlight of it with no sound at a bar DWFs will just seee a white dude smoking everyone else on the field. But I guess if people are only listening to this on the radio they would think he's mestizo, but how many people only listen to the radio?

Sometimes we need to just get serious and not be paranoid about a clueless DWF. Yeah some people thought Anthony Gonzalez was mestizo too.

I think it really doesn't matter if a white guy with a Spanish surname is mistaken by a small percentage of DWFs.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
As far as I'm concerned, Martinez is White. Great exhibition last night! He's now the second leading rusher in the FBS!

JReb1

Mentor
Martinez IS White, just as White as former NFL QB Jeff Garcia is and nobody ever questioned his ethnicity as far as I remember. I live in Florida and have known MANY White Cubans and other descendants of Spaniards. Some people are pretty ignorant though because there were as many Whites that settled in South America as that did in North America. Race and nationality doesn't matter since NO country in the Americas (unfortunately IMO) is 100% Caucasian.