caste matchups for week five

referendum

Mentor
Lots of matchups as conference play starts to kick in.

BYU 17 Utah St 8
Vanderbilt 10 Conn 7
E Mich 13 Ohio 10
North West. 14 Minn 8
E. Carolina 10 NC 5
Duke 10 Maryland 5
Tulane 11 Rutgers 8
Wake For 11 GA Tech 3
Army 15 Temple 5
Kentucky 8 New Miss 3
Tulsa 7 Memphis 4
Kansas 11 Baylor 3
BC 14 Notre Dame 9
Wash St 13 UCLA 5
Ohio St 12 Illinois 4
Col 14 GA 6
Northern Ill 12 Akron 9
Virginia 8 Fl St 4
Iowa 12 Penn St 9
Wash 8 USC 5
Boise St 11 NM St 5
Stanford 13 Oregon 10
La Tech 9 Hawaii 6
Pitts 11 Florida Int 4

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BYU got beat by Nevada last week. I see some sites saying the Aggies will down the Cougs in Logan. Hopefully they won't lose to another WAC team this week.

It might be wishful thinking, but it would be wonderful to see Washington State upset UCLA in LA.

Army downing Temple and Northwestern getting a road win over Minnesota would be great as well.

The Colorado/UGA game should be an interesting Caste game as well. Could it be a 4 game losing streak for the "won't use their White players enough" Bulldogs?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Just watching the Texas A&M/Oklahoma State game and noticed that A&M has a white reciever, Ryan Swope, who is amazingly good with the ball in his hands. Of course, he was a RUNNING BACK in high school. Now check out his CasteRivals profile. Here's a player that runs a low 4.41 40, is ideal size at 6', 195# out of HS, ran for 1,800 or so yards in a "Texas tough" HS conference, and has NO OFFERS, except as an "athlete", so that he can be converted a more "caste friendly" position. Yup, there's no racism, just the best players play
smiley11.gif

Oh, here's his highlight video from his senior year. Naw, he can't be any better than the scrub players that A&Mis lining up in the backfield.......
[TUBE]06rjOXGl37g[/TUBE]

Riddlewire

Master
FootballDad said:
Just watching the Texas A&M/Oklahoma State game and noticed that A&M has a white reciever, Ryan Swope...

smiley36.gif

You should spend more time looking through the archives.
Swope is old news to us here.
And yeah, he's pretty awesome.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
"JJ" is another bust at QB.

It does amaze me, though, that his footwork hasn't improved in 2 years with this (new) coaching staff. Just wow..

When Jessie Palmer was making him out to be a "warrior" - he promptly threw pick #4. Palmer has become a nuisance who just loves to hear the sound of his own voice...

snow

Mentor
Yes I remember watching Ryan's high school highlights when he was a freshman in college. I was hoping they would eventually use him at runningback but I guess that is not going to happen. His skill set would be better suited at rb, but like most white athletes, he can excel at another position. At least he is seeing the field.

I only caught the last part of this game where he scored a touchdown, what the hell happened for him to have listed -31 rushing yards on 2 carries, with a long of 14? Is that a typo?

Edited by: snow

Highlander

Mentor
Swope looked great tonight. Very nice, athletic YAC for TD. He was the leading receiver for A&M with 6 catches for 80 yards. He also had 2 rushes for 19 yards. Nice to know he's only a Soph...can only get better. Hopefully, he'll have a decent passing QB for his next two years.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
While Swope is getting all of our attention from last night (which is properly deserved), QB/WR Ryan Tannehill had a nice game with 3 catches for 68 yards. He had the longest catch in the game of 38 yards. It is clear to me that this young man has the size (6'-4") and speed to be a big play threat. I hope A&M involves him even more as the season progresses.

On the other side of the field, OKST receiver Josh Cooper only had 4 catches for 26 yards.
smiley18.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Not a good night for BYU.
smiley6.gif
They are already without QB Riley Nelson and three defensive starters, but tonight BYU lost two White athletes who also happen to be the leading tacklers on the team, SS Andrew Rich and SLB Jordan Pendleton. Hopefully they will both be back next week. Sadly, BYU falls to 1-4 for the first time since 1973. First win for USU over the Cougs since 1993. I just sensed this outcome when I first saw referendum's post. I feel bad for BYU.

Colonel_Reb said:
Not a good night for BYU.
smiley6.gif
They are already without QB Riley Nelson and three defensive starters, but tonight BYU lost two White athletes who also happen to be the leading tacklers on the team, SS Andrew Rich and SLB Jordan Pendleton. Hopefully they will both be back next week. Sadly, BYU falls to 1-4 for the first time since 1973. First win for USU over the Cougs since 1993. I just sensed this outcome when I first saw referendum's post. I feel bad for BYU. 

While it's tough to see the whitest team in FBS go down like that, at least it will be nice to watch Ohio State with 12 white starters clobber Illinois. The only bad part will be hearing all the hype for Pryor getting the heisman, etc. But I am learning to tune that out to see Dane
Sanzenbacher succeed on offense, and see their incredible defensive players like John Simon, Dexter Larimore, and Tyler Moeller.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
That sucks for BYU, but they're a really young team, they'll be a lot better next year, hopefully.

I'll be loving watching Northwestern beat Minnesota today.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Wow, I forgot CU had 14! I guess I'll be pulling against ("my" former) UGA Dawgs tonight.
smiley2.gif

snow

Mentor
I was just watching the Temple vs Army game, and they were listing the shortest players in d1 fbs football. A 5'2 defensive back, there were a few 5'4 guys, at least one was a runningback and I think one was a wide receiver, I caught it at the end so didn't get to look at it long. Can't find it online though. More proof that guys like Danny Woodhead weren't ignored because of their size.

Mike Trumpy with a td run for Northwestern!

Riddlewire

Master
Tonight
SMU vs Rice
Line vs McGuffie

Two white starting runningbacks. This won't happen again for a very long time. Find a stream and watch.

Considering Rice's poorly designed playbook, I'm going with SMU by 21.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Tonight

SMU vs Rice

Line vs McGuffie

Two white starting runningbacks. This won't happen again for a very long time. Find a stream and watch.

Considering Rice's poorly designed playbook, I'm going with SMU by 21.

Yep, that will be one to watch!

chris371

Mentor
anyone got a stream for the rice game? Im enjoying army football right now, all army TDs in the first half by white players so far ;)

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I just saw that Pryor got hurt in the Illinois game. Does this mean Joe Bauserman is in?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Army is all over Temple 28-13 in the third quarter. Northwestern just tied the game up at 21 all.

Highlander

Mentor
Unfortunately, the NW kicker missed the PAT and are behind 20-21 against the Gophers. Good news about Army, though.
Edited by: Highlander

Highlander

Mentor
Nice TD catch by WR Jeremy Ebert of NW to cut the Gophers lead to 28-26. He has 7 catches for 105 yards so far.

snow

Mentor
and the announcers talk about Ebert being a quarterback in high school, so he "understands the coverages and how to get open". I am sick of hearing them degrade white receivers that used to be quarterbacks. They never mention their athleticism, just the fact that they were quarterbacks, so they just "know how to outsmart the defense". I guess they could never get open by their athletic skills. If knowing the coverages was the only way they were able to get open then a lot of coaches should have started at receiver in college. Quarterbacks on high school teams are usually the best athlete on the team.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Northwestern wins! there were a lot of good White athletes on the field in this game. Theret for Minnesota is a terrific talent. he's not only their best tackler (fromhis racially-appropriatesafety position), he's their best cover man. he even had a few starts at corner before being forced back to where White "boys" are supposed to be.

Highlander

Mentor
Great to see NW knock off the Caste Gophers. LB Ben Johnson intercepts 4th down pass from Minnesota and could've returned it for an INT, but decided to go to the ground instead. It'd be nice to see the Caste Minnesota coach join Zook as outsiders looking in at the end of the year. All of a sudden, Glen Mason doesn't seem too bad of a coach, eh Gopher fans? A White-friendly coach that had some pretty good teams that went to bowl games. Oh, yes, you'd rather be 1-4 while recruiting heavily in "talent-rich" Florida.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
injured afflete Nick Toon for Wisconsin returns at wideoutto take backhis place in the starting lineup for the Badgers(unseating White walk-on playmaker Jared Abbrederis) ... and promptly drops a perfectly thrownpass for a would-be first down.
smiley36.gif

Wisconsin is forced to punt.