Caste matchups for the bowls

referendum

Mentor
I just watched pieces of the BS vs TCU game but it seemed that on some plays the Broncos had multiple white players going out for passes. When combined with the fact that they had a fair amount of white players on defense a nice victory for us, as they were the whiter team over TCU I believe.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
referendum said:
I just watched pieces of the BS vs TCU game but it seemed that on some plays the Broncos had multiple white players going out for passes. When combined with the fact that they had a fair amount of white players on defense a nice victory for us, as they were the whiter team over TCU I believe.

you are correct, referendum.

at many times during the game, the Broncos had 3 white receivers on the field at one time, not counting the White tight end. it was an excellent performance by BSU, and a fun game to watch overall, i thought.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I loved that trick play Boise St used last night. They are known for calling successful trick plays especially in big games similar to the one they used to beat Oklahoma as couple of years ago. As I was watching that fake punt unfold I just shouted at my TV "Boise Freaking State" and shook my head at the boldness of that fake punt from so deep inside your own terroritory in a close game. Boise St deserves a share of the national title because they did go undefeated.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
We had some good performances so far. Stanford almost won with their pedestrian backup QB. Northwestern should have beaten Auburn if not for the kicker (Auburn almost beat Alabama). And my two favorite victories.
1. The BYU unfairly chastised defense completely shutting down the Rodgers brothers in their victory over Oregon State.
2. This last Boise State game!

Oh yeah, Wyoming won- and they along with BYU and Stanford are amongst the actually fair teams in the BCS. And how about Rex Burkhead and Nebraska, they're about as close to fair as you can get!
Maximus where art thou? I think he's gone into hibernation!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Don't forget the great caste matchup tonight, Iowa against Georgia Tech. I'm certain that the announcers and analysts will drool all over the "affleticism" of Tech, and wonder how the "slow" (white)Iowa boys will be able to match up will all of that "speed" on the GATech side. I'm looking forward to the Iowa linebackers, Pat Angerer in particular, to have a great night. And with Ricky Stanzi back behind center, I expect the Iowa offense to do well. There is a nice article that was posted yesterday on Yahoo Rivals that talks about the preparation that the Hawkeyes have done for the GA Tech triple-option offense. I think that they will have some success.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
hopefully Wegher will be back to full speed for tonight's game. he, and fellow freshman tailback Robinson, were both playing banged up in the second half of the season.

as for Angerer, he and A.J. Edds are two of the fastest linebackers i've seen this year. their ability to drop into pass coverage andrun with tight ends, running backs, and receiversthis seasonhas allowed Iowa to not have to use much nickel or dime all year. those guys are great, and both should get a look at the next level ... of course, that'd be in a fair world.

guest301

Hall of Famer
It will be a good week with the Boise St win, Iowa wins tonight and if Colt and Shipley put on a show Thursday night against blackabama.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I'm with you FootballDad, tonight's game will be another good "athletes" vs Whites experiment gone wrong for the MSM, DWF's to choke on. Can't wait until kick off!

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Nice victory by BSU & their White QB, WRs, TE & defensive players!

Good ol' Georgia "Tick Yellajack@$$es" & their Triple option face the Hawkeyes. If UGA's coal black defense (who got romped by UT & FLA) nearly shut down GT's running attack, I'm sure Iowa's defense can handle those afroletes. Also, GA Tick's defense is pretty atrocious & have gaven up a slew of yardage.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Air Force and Navy seem to be more effective running the triple option.

Pat Angerer is looking way more impressive than Sean Weatherspoon did in his bowl game against Navy ( I believe Weatherspoon is supposed to be a top linebacker in the draft)Edited by: dwid

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Brandon Wegher with an amazing 32 yard TD run to clinch the game for the Hawkeyes.
smiley32.gif
He also had another long run to keep the drive going.

Wegher has 16 carries for 113 yards and a TD, with a 7.1 YPC!
smiley32.gif
smiley10.gif

What a game tonight for Iowa. Everybody has been playing well for the Hawkeyes. Ricky Stanzi and Pat Angerer had good nights. A.J. Edds had an amazing INT. TE Toni Moeaki also had a good night. WR Colin Sandeman caught a nice TD from Stanzi early in the game. DE Adrian Clayborn (black) also had a good night. Clayborn, Klug, and Angerer were key in stopping the Tech Option tonight.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes sir, Iowa's White players were dominant on both sides of the ball. Stanzi made some beautiful throws and Wegher ran great. Georgia Tech was impotent on offense the entire first half and never had a modicum of a passing game. A great performance by Iowa, the game was more one-sided than the score indicates.

foobar75

Master
Is Brandon Wegher white? I had to keep doing double takes there, trying to figure it out. That kid is fast and strong, had a couple of really nice runs to the outside, including the TD!

Wegher reminds me so much of Toby Gerhart!

Sincerely,

90% of DWFs

But seriously, Wegher's speed and overall athleticism is undeniable. I'm so glad I watch Big 11 football and will be watching him grow these next 3 years.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
That was lovely. At one point Dick Stockton said something to the effect that Iowa's offensive line is pounding Tech's defense. Observant man, that Dick Stockton.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Wegher sure looks white to me and boy is he a force that does in deed remind me of a smaller Gerhart.What a great game by the defense against such an "athletic" group of blacks.

I want to frame this one!

Brandon Wegher seals the win!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
To answer foobar we have discussed the possibility that Wegher has maybe 1/4 or 1/8 Amero Indian ancestry. He also could have some Moorish blood if he has some Spanish, Portugesse or Sicilian ancestry, but we know he's not black because ESPN called him a white RB in an article and I believe contacted him about it for the article. And Rivals left him off the 250 despite his record breaking H.S career and great flim and measurables.

But my point is why nitpick, the guy will not get favoured by the system because he is not black. Wegher is a great young man with a great work ethic and is an underdog because of the caste system who showed serious talent tonight. I'm very happy for Wegher and Iowa!

BTW, thanks for the pictures Toby!

foobar75

Master
Thanks for clarifying TJR. It looks like for all intents and purposes, Wegher is another white running back we can root for during the next 3 years.
smiley20.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i can't believe you guys are debating Wegher's Whiteness. it's obvious, methinks.

a2acf198-9edd-48df-bcad-4d40493a79da.jpg

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yes, it was that caste vermin Tom Luginbill of Scouts INC. that wrote the article "Wegher seeks respect and recognition" and said he is working on his flexibility. Luginbill mentioned that he "lacks wiggle" in his evaluation and said Wegher is an underdog who plays with a chip on his shoulder because he is a white RB. I actually thought Luginbill was going to try to take the black goggles off a little, but he ranked him the 32 best RB in the nation or something...what a joke. Wegher proved the haters wrong tonight!
smiley16.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
That picture is the whitest picture I have seen of Wegher JC. He has much more of a tan recently. Yes, he is definitely white and is probably at most 1/8 Native American or something..no reason to nitpick.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Awesome game by Iowa! I knew they could keep GA "Tick's" option bottled up. Yep, I'd definitely say Wegher's White...
smiley2.gif

432159.jpg

705234.jpg
Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Kaptain

Master
Looks 100% white. You can say that any white guy could be 1/8 American Indian. 1/8 Indian usually doesn't show at all when mixed with white genes anyway. It's not like 1/8 black, which almost always shows.