Brian Leonard 23

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If he could finish in the top 5 in rushing,it would be a great start.I don't think that a thousand yard season would be good enough.He has to go to a team that really needs a starting hb.Don't count this kid out if he gets the chance.Please, someone have the guts to draft this kid in the early rounds and give him the ball.

white is right

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
I realize that running back is a much more popular position than corner back, but will one good player make that much difference? I'm thinking about Jason Sehorn. Despite how good he was and how well he performed, we're still lacking white cornerbacks. The perception that white men cannot play cornerback is still there. Can Leonard do enough to change the perception that whites can't play running back, when Sehorn couldn't change it for corners?

I'm just thinking out loud, not trying to be a naysayer at all. What do you think? Can Leonard change that perception, even if he does play great football?
You might have a point there if did become a 1k a year guy he could be perceived as a super freak type that comes along once a generation. I suspect Sehorn is viewed that way by the average NFL scout.

I think that running back is that important, because it gives hard numbers and shows just how elusive, fast and hard hitting a back can be. Corner, you're only as good as the last down when someone scored/burned you.

If Brian Leonard goes to a team with coaches who will give him a chance, then he will be a superstar. What are the odds of this happening? I cannot think of an NFL Headcoach who would do that, however it is possible that an offensive cordinator would push for him to be the featured runner. We will have to wait and see. The NFL is only a domestic sport, with a dozen or so,world class athletes. The current policy of the NFL caste system can be the rule because it serves as a key propaganda tool for the jewish cultural marxists who run the media and entertainment industry in the USA, which is to glorify blacks and put down whites. The caste system will be broken when American whites regain control of their collective destiny.

In my native Russia we never let the jews destroy us. Yes they created communism and the USSR, and yes they looted Russia after the fall of the soviet union, however they were never able to destroy us as a people. I hope to see my white brothers in America break the chain that has been around their necks since the 1960's and never be subjugated by this vicious and clever race again.
smiley19.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
I realize that running back is a much more popular position than corner back, but will one good player make that much difference? I'm thinking about Jason Sehorn. Despite how good he was and how well he performed, we're still lacking white cornerbacks. The perception that white men cannot play cornerback is still there. Can Leonard do enough to change the perception that whites can't play running back, when Sehorn couldn't change it for corners?

I'm just thinking out loud, not trying to be a naysayer at all. What do you think? Can Leonard change that perception, even if he does play great football?

White Shogun, as a Giants fan IMHO Sehorn was only a superstar for one year, that being 1997. He played corner that year at a Pro Bowl level. Sadly, when he tore ligaments in his knee in a Pre-season game returning a kick in 1998 he never was the same again. His injury was significant enough to cause him to lose a step and also affected his agility. Sehorn would show flashes of brilliance. Unfortunately being in the NY area Sehorn became this great white hope..but was never good enough to change perceptions. For most of his career he really only played football somewhere in the average range. Fans don't remember how dominant he was in 1997, but remember his injury plagued career and occasional brilliant plays like his bobbling interception in the 2000 playoffs. He became a whipping boy of Giants fans ie. Overpayed...Injured sissy etc.

Unfortunately Sehorn wasn't able to be the dominant player he would have been if it wasn't for the injury. I almost wonder if there is a curse on white skill players. I mean Brett Favre can start apx. 250 games in a row at QB, but we can look at the case of Sehorn, Patrick Jeffers, Luke Staley and Kyle Bell all players who could have been or be brilliant players helping to debunk black athletic supremacy myths but had serious injuries. One good thing is that any white skill player that makes it through the caste system would have to be a brilliant player to make it thorough. So I think the player who does it at each position is going to be a Pro Bowler...let's hope Leonard is that man! Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Many people are suprised/perplexed when I explain to them that Jews were behind the communist revolution in Russia. It seems that our education and media organs do not promote a complete recount of history, specifically where it reveals Jews in a negative light (Marx, Trotsky, Lenin, all Jews.) Good post Yuri. And long live the spirit of Rasputin!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
WHITE NOISE said:
Many people are suprised/perplexed when I explain to them that Jews were behind the communist revolution in Russia. It seems that our education and media organs do not promote a complete recount of history, specifically where it reveals Jews in a negative light (Marx, Trotsky, Lenin, all Jews.) Good post Yuri. And long live the spirit of Rasputin!

I didn't know Brian Leonard was Russian!

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
WHITE NOISE said:

I didn't know Brian Leonard was Russian!

lol, yeah i wasn't quite sure where that came from either.
smiley36.gif

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Don't you guys think Leonard is a Roger Craig like RB...He could easily get 1000 rushing and recieving in a season. Leonards college numbers were superior to Craig's too.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i think he can easily surpass Westbrook's numbers and be a superior version of this type of a runningback. all he needs is a chance, fair opportunity.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think he could easily get 1,000 yards a year, just like so many other white guys who never get a shot. It really is pathetic the way the NFL totally ignores white players to support the pro-black agenda.

White Mike

Guru
From nfldraftscout.com
03/09/07 - Pro day: In front of more than 50 scouts from 26 NFL teams, 16 former Scarlet Knights displayed their skills as Rutgers football held its annual NFL Pro Scout Day. The players went through a variety of drills, including the 40-yard dash, 225-pound bench press, broad jump, vertical jump, three-cone drill, flexibility tests and individual position testing. Most of the current team members for the Scarlet Knights were in attendance watching their former teammates showcase their talents. Running back Brian Leonard only performed the individual running back workout for the scouts after a strong showing at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis. Leonard ran the 40-yard dash at the combine in the 4.5-second range while also posting the most repetitions of any running back in the bench press with 28 Indianapolis. - The Phanatic

01/28/07 - Senior Bowl Prospect Summary - One of the few to get the better of Patrick Willis during the Senior Bowl was Rutgers running back Brian Leonard. That's right, running back. I don't doubt that Leonard will be drafted as a fullback. The perception among too many is that he lacks the agility and speed to be an effective every down running back at the NFL level. While he isn't a breakaway threat, to ignore Leonard's natural ability as both a runner and receiver and simply make him a human sledge hammer at lead blocker is borderline criminal. If Leonard were given an opportunity in one back offense, I am convinced he would produce at the NFL level.

01/24/07 - Senior Bowl North Team Wednesday Practice Report: Though he has lined up at fullback throughout the week, Rutgers' Brian Leonard continues to impress as a runner and especially as a receiver. His athleticism was on display during receiving drills matched up against linebackers. While all of the other running backs failed to shake free of defenders or drop a pass at one point or another, Leonard usually separated by at least a yard and his soft, secure hands vacuum in passes. It remains to be seen what role Leonard will fill at the next level, but he is a talented back with loads of versatility.
Edited by: White Mike

White Mike

Guru
From nfldraftcountdown.com
Strengths:
A terrific runner for the position with great balance and instincts...Displays good feet and is deceptively agile...Tough, strong and powerful and does not go down easily...An excellent receiver and route runner with good hands who can run after the catch and be a weapon in the passing game...Unselfish and is a hard worker with great intangibles...An above average and adequate blocker...Versatile and a terrific all-around player who will be able to help a team out in a number of ways.

Weaknesses:
A fullback / running back 'tweener who might not have a true position at the next level...Does not have great timed speed or quickness...Will struggle to turn the corner at the pro level and won't do much damage outside...Is not much of a big play threat...Is not a true lead blocker and can still improve in that area...Might need to bulk up, add some weight and get stronger...Stats were down in 2006.

Get stronger?!
smiley36.gif
I mean he did do only 28 reps at 225. Maybe, just maybe, if he can get down to a 3.9 40, a 65 in verticle, and 50 reps at 405, they might start to take him serious.

White Power

Mentor
That same web site has Leonard going to the Patriots in the 1st round to split carries with Lawrence Maroney. I'll take that going to a team like the Patriots would be the best situation for Brian. Bellichick has the credibilty to play him at any position he deems him worthy of playing. I beleive Brian sneeks into the 1st round with either the Pats or Colts drafting him.

C Darwin

Mentor
Now I thought I knew a little bit about football, but the experts
always are ready to teach me something new. Somehow in Brian
Leonard's case, he is seemingly unfit for the "I" formation. Is it me,
or are the "experts" pigeon holing Leonard to a single back offensive
formation? WTF is the difference? Well of course a black fullback
could NEVER block for a white tailback. Besides the obvious caste
rules, is there a real reason why Brian is unfit for the "I"?

From nfldraftcountdown.com regarding Brian Leonard:

"Displays good feet and is deceptively agile"

This could quite possibly go in the media racism and stereotyping forum as well. Why is his agility deceptive? Is he deceptively agile because he weighs over 220 lbs. or because he is white?

Should anyone be so inclined, it would be a good idea to go through an NFL draft magazine or website and count the number ot times a white athlete is "deceptively" fast, quick, agile, etc. versus how many times a black athlete is evaluated as such. It certainly seems that fast white athletes are overwhelmingly "deceptively fast", whereas it is just taken for granted that all blacks are fast. Anyone care to take the time to prove it?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sounds like a great topic to research, butI'm sad to say I have more urgent work to do right now. The end of the semester looms.

I can certainly relate to the lack of time. Maybe I'll do it myself sometime, but hope that someone beats me to it. I would love to see the result of an objective (not anecdotal) analysis. It would be easy for someone with the time.

nhl411

Guru
i actually heard mayock say he would be a great fit in the I althought i havent heard anyone else say it

backrow

Hall of Famer
nhl411 said:
i actually heard mayock say he would be a great fit in the I althought i havent heard anyone else say it

yeah Mayock is real high on him. or shoudl we just say is seein him for what kind of player he is not how white he is for a runningback

White Mike

Guru
highschoolcoach said:

Why is his agility deceptive?  Is he deceptively agile because he weighs over 220 lbs. or because he is white?

I'm pretty sure anyone on this forum knows the answer to that.
smiley2.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
highschoolcoach said:

This could quite possibly go in the media racism and stereotyping forum as well. Why is his agility deceptive? Is he deceptively agile because he weighs over 220 lbs. or because he is white?

Should anyone be so inclined, it would be a good idea to go through an NFL draft magazine or website and count the number ot times a white athlete is "deceptively" fast, quick, agile, etc. versus how many times a black athlete is evaluated as such. It certainly seems that fast white athletes are overwhelmingly "deceptively fast", whereas it is just taken for granted that all blacks are fast. Anyone care to take the time to prove it?
The only time a black player will have that remark is if he is built like Yogi Bear and runs well. Ie if Byron Leftwich had wheels. Any white player in the speed positions is sneaky fast or a workout warrior or other bizarre terms...
smiley11.gif
Edited by: white is right

nhl411

Guru
byron leftwich is a racist prick..i remember in SI a while back he was their featured player and when they asked him about being slow he said something like: "im only slow for a black guy im still faster than any hite qb"

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
If I recall, a sportscaster quoted him as saying that he was faster than at least 10 white QBs and that Leftwich had mentioned fellow former Marshall QB Chad Pennington as one of those white QBs. I looked up their combine times and that is flat out untrue. Leftwich is faster than Tom Brady though Brady runs in the low 5.2's Leftwich runs in the upper 5.0'sEdited by: ToughJ.Riggins